Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trumps Tax Returns.

supervike

3 hours ago, hellwyr said:

BTW accoridng to a CNN poll 61 % of Trump supporters do care about Trump's tax return.

A poll from CNN..CNN..The Clinton News Network.

Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-13_zpsrlcfeopw.g

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Michelle said:

How would you know if there were any discrepancies? You would have to have personal business records on every transaction to know that.

I'm just saying that I'd expect that he'd file an accurate return; I wouldn't expect that he'd file a return which he didn't think was accurate.

I'd expect him to provide his return and in the meantime, inform the public that he believes that the IRS audit will (further) determine that it's accurate. 

• Like 1

You know I gotta say that I'm surprised at the Trump supporters. Since you're planning on voting for the guy why wouldn't you want to see his returns. I know I would because seriously there's not that much more we can go on.

• Like 3

64% of Republican voters think it's a big deal.

And according to Hellwyr, 61% of Trump supporters think he should.  That's hardly a few swing voters.

If this election is going to be as close as Pundits think it will be, why would he do anything that could lose him votes.  It's a simple thing for him to do.  His reluctance only leads to speculation of what is going on.

And, I'll concede the point of Protocol (not really, but for the sake of argument) but it still stands that the possibility of an unknown Conflict of Interest is far outweighed by the risk of an semi-audited return being a bit confusing.  That's a huge question mark on Trump.

But, here's a hypothetical argument for any Trump or Swing supporters.  If the tables were turned and it was Hillary not turning over the report, would you still say it 'doesn't matter'?  Be honest with yourselves there.  I can say unequivocally that if it were Hillary's non-discloser, or my candidates (Gary Johnson's) choice I would still be critical of this.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, supervike said:

Why doesn't he just release the returns?  Even if you are Trump supporter, this lack of transparency has to bother you.

His 'because I'm being audited' story is nonsense.. The IRS has already said this is not an issue.  He claims that he'll release them when the audit is over.  He also has said he is under constant audit, so when will the audit ever really be over?

There is no legal reason compelling him to do so, but since every candidate since the 80's has done so, why doesn't he?

I'm really just curious to know if it bothers Trump supporters and why or why not? 

Please don't deflect it to include "but Hillary does worse things;.  We have plenty of those thread already.

It's a very clever way of controlling the focus on you. 

You ko w you have nothing to hide, but there's a storm brewing over it. You either defuse the storm by releasing the facts OR you fan the storm, knowing that at a stroke you can take all the wind out of your opponents sails, if they build a campaign against you based on that one thing, you leave them unarmed at just the right moment to take control of the debate. 

Theres a whole mess of stuff they could be focusing on that would weaken Trump, that he doesn't have an easy answer to, but instead they focus on the taxes, which plays into his game, in effect we could get weeks of "taxes" attacks, and just at the right time, BAM all the taxes released and not a word of reply from the opposite side becUse he's wrong footed them.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Lord Fedorable said:

It's a very clever way of controlling the focus on you. 

You ko w you have nothing to hide, but there's a storm brewing over it. You either defuse the storm by releasing the facts OR you fan the storm, knowing that at a stroke you can take all the wind out of your opponents sails, if they build a campaign against you based on that one thing, you leave them unarmed at just the right moment to take control of the debate. 

Theres a whole mess of stuff they could be focusing on that would weaken Trump, that he doesn't have an easy answer to, but instead they focus on the taxes, which plays into his game, in effect we could get weeks of "taxes" attacks, and just at the right time, BAM all the taxes released and not a word of reply from the opposite side becUse he's wrong footed them.

lol.  I like that theory quite a bit!!  That would certainly be a clever way to make the opponent spend very unproductive hours.

I'd happily admit, that if that is the Donald's plan, I would bow down and give him kudos' for that being so well played. (but not my vote...)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, supervike said:

Right.  I can't fault him for utilizing tax loopholes and ways to minimize his tax bill.   That's the systems that is flawed that allows uber rich people to do such things.  He'd be an idiot not to play the game correctly.

But, regardless, we don't know that because he won't release them.

I'm just surprised supporters aren't asking him to do it as well.  Swing voters are troubled by the issue.

Swing voters will probably be more troubled if he released them, so he doesn't do it. He obviously doesn't believe in transparency when it comes to himself.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sweetpumper said:

Like he said, release the emails and he'll release the returns. Pretty simple.

And he knows you can't release emails if they really were deleted unless you know a hacker that might have downloaded them elsewhere. Investigators of FBI said there was no evidence she was hacked. 

If he releases them and the records show he is what he claims I'll put a Trump sign in my yard the net day and vote GOP straight ticket. But I know he's a fraud. I'm even investing on it. I don't need the media or internet hacks to tell me he is not a good human being. Only one way to prove me wrong Trump. 

• Like 3

Not being a tax attorney or accountant I haven't looked at Hillary's tax return either. All I know is the media hasn't ripped into hers like they would Trump's...regardless of what hers showed. I would rather focus on the more important issues, of which this isn't in my opinion. If he releases them the media will twist it every which way but loose and they will lose focus again.

I already know enough about Hillary that I would never vote for her.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, hellwyr said:

yeah the media conspiracy, isn't that getting boring, Because I am bored of the same old statements.

I agree. Every scandal ever involving Hillary over the years has been a media, GOP, sexist conspiracy against her. It got old loooong before Trump was even in the picture.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Michelle said:

It was also claimed Obama was the first pres candidate to ever be questioned on his place of birth, which wasn't true.

Chester A. Arthur was a damn Canadian. He also conspired to have Garfield killed (not the cat, the president). I saw it on You-tube.

"The family's frequent moves later spawned accusations that Chester Arthur was not a native-born citizen of the United States. When Arthur was nominated for vice president in 1880, a New York attorney and political opponent, Arthur P. Hinman, initially speculated that Arthur was born in Ireland and did not come to the United States until he was fourteen years old. Had that been true, opponents might have argued that Arthur was constitutionally ineligible for the vice presidency under the United States Constitution's natural-born-citizen clause.[12][c][13] When Hinman's original story did not take root, he spread a new rumor that Arthur was born in Canada. This claim, too, failed to gain credence.[13]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_A._Arthur

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Chester A. Arthur was a damn Canadian. He also conspired to have Garfield killed (not the cat, the president). I saw it on You-tube.

"The family's frequent moves later spawned accusations that Chester Arthur was not a native-born citizen of the United States. When Arthur was nominated for vice president in 1880, a New York attorney and political opponent, Arthur P. Hinman, initially speculated that Arthur was born in Ireland and did not come to the United States until he was fourteen years old. Had that been true, opponents might have argued that Arthur was constitutionally ineligible for the vice presidency under the United States Constitution's natural-born-citizen clause.[12][c][13] When Hinman's original story did not take root, he spread a new rumor that Arthur was born in Canada. This claim, too, failed to gain credence.[13]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_A._Arthur

I didn't want to strain anyone's brain going back that far. haha It was also iffy about Ted Cruz...if he had gotten too far.

Obama was certainly not the first to have his eligibility questioned. Proving that if you say something enough times some people will think it's true. It's not like we don't have a world of information at our fingertips these days. It can always be labeled as a vast conspiracy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, regi said:

But I wouldn't expect there would show discrepancies...In other words I'd certainly expect that he'd have filed an accurate return to start with.

A multi-venture capitalist involved with hundreds of businesses simply cannot and will not file a pitch perfect return. There will be an irs discrepancy or two no matter what. That's hardly a mark of trying to pull one over on the feds. When the tax code fills up a 90,000 page book discrepancies are pretty much at the will and whim of the irs. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I didn't want to strain anyone's brain going back that far. haha It was also iffy about Ted Cruz...if he had gotten too far.

Obama was certainly not the first to have his eligibility questioned. Proving that if you say something enough times some people will think it's true. It's not like we don't have a world of information at our fingertips these days. It can always be labeled as a vast conspiracy.

It's a poor definition of "natural born". It's never been tested. Are in vitero conceived babies ineligible? Might have to go back and amend that amendment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

A multi-venture capitalist involved with hundreds of businesses simply cannot and will not file a pitch perfect return. There will be an irs discrepancy or two no matter what. That's hardly a mark of trying to pull one over on the feds. When the tax code fills up a 90,000 page book discrepancies are pretty much at the will and whim of the irs. 

So don't ask, don't tell, all's good?

2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

10 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

It's a poor definition of "natural born". It's never been tested. Are in vitero conceived babies ineligible? Might have to go back and amend that amendment.

It's been challenged more than once. The only point I was making is that it is disingenuous to say Obama was the first because he is black.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

No that's not what I argued against. The post I quoted seems to state that he'd expect a tip-top tax return. While it may be near perfect anyways it'll still be likely to have a discrepancy which is why it's a losing prospect for Trump. If the return isn't in perfect agreeance with the irs they'll blast him for lying and being stupid. I don't really care about the return because if after decades in the limelight as a braggadocios rich guy I'm sure we'd have known long ago if he was a tax cheat while on the other hand I expect nothing on his returns to list dealings with the KGB or the Mafia as those are things one simply does not report to the irs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, F3SS said:

No that's not what I argued against. The post I quoted seems to state that he'd expect a tip-top tax return. While it may be near perfect anyways it'll still be likely to have a discrepancy which is why it's a losing prospect for Trump. If the return isn't in perfect agreeance with the irs they'll blast him for lying and being stupid. I don't really care about the return because if after decades in the limelight as a braggadocios rich guy I'm sure we'd have known long ago if he was a tax cheat while on the other hand I expect nothing on his returns to list dealings with the KGB or the Mafia as those are things one simply does not report to the irs.

He may not pay any income tax, that makes him smart. Is that what you're saying?

Edit: I expect that his charitable tax deductions are yugely suspect.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

Reading these back and forth about Trump's taxes what nots or what is and what ifs reminds me of that stand up gag about JC and the stoning of 'the' woman episode

... after JC declared 'let them who has not cast the first .... '

there upon they did dropped the stones in their hands and stepped back ....

Spoiler

then the heavens did opened up upon them and struck down and smote them all

for they did have ...

:yes:

~

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sweetpumper said:

Like he said, release the emails and he'll release the returns. Pretty simple.

I say, let HRC release her official healthcare files, and Trump release his taxes... at the same time... Push the send button... One, two, three... send...