Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trumps Tax Returns.

supervike

54 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It was Nixon who intrigued me and got me interested in politics when I was in middle school. Have you investigated into Hillary's involvement in Watergate? If not, you should. ;)

After doing a quick search, I wouldn't recommend anything published recently. It'll take some digging.

Oh I had forgotten about her involvement with that. She was accused of unethical behavior during the Watergate investigation, but there was some question apparently as to how accurate those accusations were. I don't, however, recall the details but am now anxious to delve into it. Thanks for mentioning it.

• Like 3

In the mean time Trump was banning colored people from his Dad's apartments.

What an election!

42 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

In the mean time Trump was banning colored people from his Dad's apartments.

What an election!

Let's see, 46 years ago he and his father were sued for housing discrimination, it was settled without an admission of guilt.

More here

Edited by -ZZ-
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, hellwyr said:

It is not since people of that movement used arguments like :" look at his name, look at his father, he might be muslem.." blabla And even if he wasn't born in the US, the fact remains that he was elected by the majority of people, which gives him enough legatimicy to run the US. The law states otherwise, though. However, only sore losers react the why Trump did and try to find a way to underminde the will of the people.

One doesn't need to be Black to be a Muslim. Are you trying to link his being black to the birther thing? I thought the birther thing was just another way to try to discredit him. Oh, right... because he's Black....

I believe that a white guy who had the same life as President Obama would have had similar mud slung at him.

I'm not saying there wasn't some racist motivation, but I am saying that yelling "Racism", doesn't automatically make it true.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, supervike said:

The amount he pays, or the rate he pays, is probably the least important part of his return.  It's who he gets his money from, how much he's claiming as income, what charities does he pay to, and what he's taking for deductions that is more important.

The conflict of interest thing is pretty important.  I'm surprised how many people brush this off as 'digging dirt'.

I'd think that by using a whole building of CPAs that Trump would be able to remove anything that would appear off. I don't think seeing the tax returns would show anything useful. More then likely the only "pay" that Trump gets is from his corporations. You're not going to find 100,000 speaking engagements in his personal taxes. Maybe in his corporate taxes....

5 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Of course it was a lie.  No lawyer worth his fee is going to tell you things they know are not true.  He lies about a lot of things, and I just can't see why people still support him.  If you can't see that I have to dismiss you, as you are beyond reason.

You don't suppose that the lying is only coming from Trump do you? That Clinton is a font of truthfulness? If "no", then would you support either? If not, then who would be to blame when either gets elected and the people who care they are liars didn't bother to vote? 

Truth is, neither should be in the running. Yet they are. So, we can't dismiss either, we have to chose which Bad option we want to support. To support neither is as bad as voting for the worse of the two.

4 hours ago, supervike said:

Yeah, it wouldn't be a stretch by any imagination that his lawyers are advising him NOT to release.   I don't think Trump is lying about that at all.

You are responding to a distortion of what I said, not to what I said.  I have no doubt any good lawyer would advise Trump to not release his tax returns -- and for that reason alone he is not to be voted for.  However, my point is that Trump uses the demonstrably false claim that it is because he is being audited -- in spite of the fact that the IRS has made it clear he is free to release it.  The real reason is he has things to hide.  As I said before, he is entitled to secrecy in his returns, but that doesn't mean it is not by itself sufficient reason to not vote for him.  

The whole thing smells, and I have to say in all honesty that the absurd arguments I'm seeing more and more persuade me that the real reasons people support Trump are ugly and they don't say them outright.  

47 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

You don't suppose that the lying is only coming from Trump do you? That Clinton is a font of truthfulness? If "no", then would you support either? If not, then who would be to blame when either gets elected and the people who care they are liars didn't bother to vote? 

Truth is, neither should be in the running. Yet they are. So, we can't dismiss either, we have to chose which Bad option we want to support. To support neither is as bad as voting for the worse of the two.

I don't doubt all politicians lie, and even all statesmen.  It depends on the context and the lie itself whether or not it is justified.  I see no justification here.

Just now, Frank Merton said:

I don't doubt all politicians lie, and even all statesmen.  It depends on the context and the lie itself whether or not it is justified.  I see no justification here.

It might be compared to the used car salesman refusing to let you have your mechanic look at the car.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

The irony is, the above statement is itself, a lie.  And unsurprising.

Ah, you defend with the old propaganda trick of accusing your opponent of what you are guilty of.  Ugly.

11 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I'd think that by using a whole building of CPAs that Trump would be able to remove anything that would appear off. I don't think seeing the tax returns would show anything useful. More then likely the only "pay" that Trump gets is from his corporations. You're not going to find 100,000 speaking engagements in his personal taxes. Maybe in his corporate taxes....

Then all the more reason to just release the tax report.

Should be an easy doer then.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

It might be compared to the used car salesman refusing to let you have your mechanic look at the car.  

That is a very good analogy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

You are responding to a distortion of what I said, not to what I said.

I understand.  And yes, I was responding to the distortion, but I didn't mean that directed at you, I was only claryfying that I think his lawyers could be advising him so.  

11 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I can, and have dismissed both.

Give me Gary Johnson, who would do horrible on a lightning round in a quiz show, but shows the steady even pace and honesty I'd like to see in a President.

And there is still time.  For all you voters disgusted with Hillary (and I know there are a lot of you, and for the others disgusted with Trump (again, loads of folks).   Just throw your support behind Johnson.  If everyone would have the conviction to do so, we'd have a very tight three way race right now.

Or, we could just keep complaining how there isn't any choice.  What a bunch of wet sacks we've become, as voters.

Edited by supervike
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 6:38 AM, DieChecker said:

I've not read Trump's Book, Art of the Deal, but from what I've heard, I'd not be surprised if Trump knowingly fudges his tax returns year after year, and then haggles for some amount in between what he filed and what he probably should owe. It would save him money and be just like the book says is his nature. 

We've seen this during the whole campaign. He makes a grand statement and then haggles toward the middle over time, appearing to loose ground, but really still being in the black as far as he is concerned.

If there was anything illegal in his returns, he'd be in jail. You honestly think they wouldn't nail him on anything they could at this point? I personally don't blame him one bit for not releasing them. The media hasn't treated him fairly at any turn. If there was even the slightest thing, even if totally legal, well, lets just say they wouldn't cover it in the same way they have covered Hillary's corrupted slush fund "charity"

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Accusing "the media" of "liberal bias" seems to be the escape people use -- shoot the messenger if you don't like what he says.

First, reporters are well educated, better informed than most people.

Second, they are a large diverse group -- one can hardly accuse Fox of being liberal.

That so many previously conservative (and still conservative for that matter) newspapers are not supporting Trump and all his garbage says a lot.

Mmm Frank, the media has outright admitted their liberal bias. Has said they are doing everything they can to get Hillary elected. Its in part why no one believes a damn word they say anymore. I personally thank God people are waking up to this reality.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

If there was anything illegal in his returns, he'd be in jail. You honestly think they wouldn't nail him on anything they could at this point? I personally don't blame him one bit for not releasing them. The media hasn't treated him fairly at any turn. If there was even the slightest thing, even if totally legal, well, lets just say they wouldn't cover it in the same way they have covered Hillary's corrupted slush fund "charity"

Illegal and unethical are two totally different things.  Owing hundreds of millions to foreign banks is not illegal, but people might see that as an issue for the POTUS.  Not giving money to charity is not illegal, but claiming that you do while not, is unethical.  Paying a Florida Attorney General from your charity while she is overseeing the investigation into your "university" is not illegal...oh wait..yes it is..he was fined for that.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

If there was anything illegal in his returns, he'd be in jail. 

It would be silly if he anything illegal in his returns. 

What about Conflict of Interests?  Isn't that something we should know, before voters give him their blessing?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Illegal and unethical are two totally different things.  Owing hundreds of millions to foreign banks is not illegal, but people might see that as an issue for the POTUS.  Not giving money to charity is not illegal, but claiming that you do while not, is unethical.  Paying a Florida Attorney General from your charity while she is overseeing the investigation into your "university" is not illegal...oh wait..yes it is..he was fined for that.

Owing hundreds of millions to foreign banks????? What about receiving hundreds of millions from foreign dictators??? So that they will continue forcing people to pay countries like Saudi Arabia for gas while sitting on the biggest reserves in the world. Hows that for ethical? Destroying whole countries killing hundreds of thousands , while turning the place into a Islamic hell hole,without even a declaration of war isn't illegal...oh wait yes it is. No fine for 0bama or Hillary though, as the law doesn't pertain to them. Not yet anyway. Continuing the longest running war in American history, with no end or goal in site, while killing women and children with drone strikes, again with no declaration, isn't illegal....oh wait, that one is too. Having armed men protect poppy fields that SUPPLY 80% OF THE WORLDS HEROIN isn't illegal, while spending 100 billion a year destroying the lives of millions of non violent drug users in the "war on drugs" mmm rrrr, oh wait. Having the FBI admit they found over 100 classified emails in her private server, the ones she didn't have time to scrub, isn't illeg..... oh wait. Leaving 4 men to combat a small army of terrorist, while telling aid to stand down for 13 hours while our ambassador is torchered and drug through the streets like a dog  ............ Id keep going, but I'm starting to get nauseous

You are comparing Boss Hog, to Satan. And even that's most likely a stretch, cause they are probably lying about most of what they say they have against him as well. Cause all these people do is lie. Well besides trying to hand over our liberties, and sovereignty to a unelected global dictatorship. And trying to start WW3 by violating agreements with Russia. Oh then there is  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Owing hundreds of millions to foreign banks????? What about receiving hundreds of millions from foreign dictators??? So that they will continue forcing people to pay countries like Saudi Arabia for gas while sitting on the biggest reserves in the world. Hows that for ethical? Destroying whole countries killing hundreds of thousands , while turning the place into a Islamic hell hole,without even a declaration of war isn't illegal...oh wait yes it is. No fine for 0bama or Hillary though, as the law doesn't pertain to them. Not yet anyway. Continuing the longest running war in American history, with no end or goal in site, while killing women and children with drone strikes, again with no declaration, isn't illegal....oh wait, that one is too. Having armed men protect poppy fields that SUPPLY 80% OF THE WORLDS HEROIN isn't illegal, while spending 100 billion a year destroying the lives of millions of non violent drug users in the "war on drugs" mmm rrrr, oh wait. Having the FBI admit they found over 100 classified emails in her private server, the ones she didn't have time to scrub, isn't illeg..... oh wait. Leaving 4 men to combat a small army of terrorist, while telling aid to stand down for 13 hours while our ambassador is torchered and drug through the streets like a dog  ............ Id keep going, but I'm starting to get nauseous

You are comparing Boss Hog, to Satan. And even that's most likely a stretch, cause they are probably lying about most of what they say they have against him as well. Cause all these people do is lie. Well besides trying to hand over our liberties, and sovereignty to a unelected global dictatorship. And trying to start WW3 by violating agreements with Russia. Oh then there is  

I wasn't comparing anything to anything.  This thread is about Trump's tax returns.  You are the one going off topic here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, supervike said:

It would be silly if he anything illegal in his returns. 

What about Conflict of Interests?  Isn't that something we should know, before voters give him their blessing?

I look at it like this. The man has been preaching the obvious for over 30 years. He isn't owned by anyone (that alone is enough reason to get our votes) and seems to have a honest interest in making this country prosperous again. So much so, that he has been willing to lose all kinds of business, and reputation fighting against the establishment consisting of both parties, and all main stream media. The things he talks about in regards to our debt, and how it could be fixed by getting out of deals that have done nothing but hurt this country are fantastic. Looking at the other side, these people are out right criminals who have used the system to prosper themselves, at our expense.

If you want to squabble about something in a tax return that's not even illegal go ahead. Seems like a complete waste of time to me when I consider the other option.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

What does any of this have to do with tax returns? And Im the one "going off topic" SMH

8 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

What does any of this have to do with tax returns? And Im the one "going off topic" SMH

It is things that his tax returns would show!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supervike said:

I can, and have dismissed both.

Give me Gary Johnson, who would do horrible on a lightning round in a quiz show, but shows the steady even pace and honesty I'd like to see in a President.

And there is still time.  For all you voters disgusted with Hillary (and I know there are a lot of you, and for the others disgusted with Trump (again, loads of folks).   Just throw your support behind Johnson.  If everyone would have the conviction to do so, we'd have a very tight three way race right now.

Or, we could just keep complaining how there isn't any choice.  What a bunch of wet sacks we've become, as voters.

Johnson is the second worst option. Heck he's the only one outta the 3 of them that admits he'd happily hand over our government to corporations. At least Hillary has enough sense to lie about that. Never mind his distain for the second amendment. Or the fact that he's an idiot. I don't understand how he can even call himself a libertarian.

7 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

It is things that his tax returns would show!  

Ok , I guess you got me there.

Still seems pretty petty when you look at whats been going on in her camp the last several years.