Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trumps Tax Returns.

supervike

33 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Frank his lawyers advised him not to release the returns before the audit is complete. How is that telling things that aren't true? Who's beyond reason here? You keep beating the dead horse of a false premise.

Because the assertion that a lawyer would say such a thing is manifestly false  -- you know -- a confabulation.  If America wants such a narcissistic sociopath in the White House, there is nothing I can do about it.  They will suffer most, although the whole world will suffer.

• Like 2

Since 2007, the Clintons have given $16 million to charity, mostly to the Clinton Foundation.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2016/08/30/what-donald-trumps-tax-returns-wont-tell-us-but-hillary-clintons-do/#48efbbfd2d6c

I wonder why there is no huge outrage about this?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Rhetorical, right? :)  We all know why there's no outrage about that....with all the liberal bais in the media.

• Like 4

I love the spin he puts on his not paying taxes. :lol:

"I never said I didn't pay taxes," Trump maintained. "[Hillary Clinton] said, 'Maybe you didn't pay taxes.' And I said, 'Well, that would make me smart,' because tax is a big payment. But a lot of people say, 'That's the kind of thinking that I want running this nation.'

"Some people loved that statement, and other people didn't. But the fact is that I think people are looking at it like maybe that's the kind of person we need. ... I think that's the kind of thinking we need in our country."

Source: The Washington Post

• Like 5

Yeah, it wouldn't be a stretch by any imagination that his lawyers are advising him NOT to release.   I don't think Trump is lying about that at all.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Since 2007, the Clintons have given $16 million to charity, mostly to the Clinton Foundation.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2016/08/30/what-donald-trumps-tax-returns-wont-tell-us-but-hillary-clintons-do/#48efbbfd2d6c

Absolutely.  I have heard it mentioned.  It should certainly raise more eyebrows.  It's exactly the kind of scrutiny voters have the right to know.

However, we know this info, because the Clintons actually released the returns.

• Like 3

Accusing "the media" of "liberal bias" seems to be the escape people use -- shoot the messenger if you don't like what he says.

First, reporters are well educated, better informed than most people.

Second, they are a large diverse group -- one can hardly accuse Fox of being liberal.

That so many previously conservative (and still conservative for that matter) newspapers are not supporting Trump and all his garbage says a lot.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

That so many previously conservative (and still conservative for that matter) newspapers are not supporting Trump and all his garbage says a lot.

Not only are they NOT endorsing Trump, they are actually endorsing Clinton.

The Arizona Republic's editorial board says this, just a few days ago:

Since The Arizona Republic began publication in 1890, we have never endorsed a Democrat over a Republican for president. Never. This reflects a deep philosophical appreciation for conservative ideals and Republican principles.

This year is different.

The 2016 Republican candidate is not conservative and he is not qualified.

That’s why, for the first time in our history, The Arizona Republic will support a Democrat for president.

Edited by supervike
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, supervike said:

Not only are they NOT endorsing Trump, they are actually endorsing Clinton.

The New York Times also stepped forward to endorse Hillary, as have a number of others. Some are taking a big chance in doing so as they're facing a backlash in the form of cancelled subscriptions and even death threats in some cases.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, supervike said:

Absolutely.  I have heard it mentioned.  It should certainly raise more eyebrows.  It's exactly the kind of scrutiny voters have the right to know.

However, we know this info, because the Clintons actually released the returns.

It certainly should raise a lot of eyebrows, but hasn't. I hadn't heard anything about it until everyone started complaining about Trump not releasing his. I briefly googled Hillary's tax returns and mostly all they talked about was Trump not releasing his. Honestly, I've never checked into any candidates tax returns in all my years of voting. It's right up there with health records and school records...it's all voluntary with no obligation to do so. 

There are so many ways the rich can hide their money us peons cannot even imagine. In my opinion, it's a waste of time.

Him not paying the income tax dosent bother me. What bothers me is that there are loopholes in the law allowing him to do it. 

I don't blame business people for taking advantage of the laws to benifit them. If you don't do it your competitor will have a advantage over you. It's the nature of the beast.

If there was a law allowing us to all not pay any income tax Im sure we would take it.

It's the laws around it that need changed.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It certainly should raise a lot of eyebrows, but hasn't. I hadn't heard anything about it until everyone started complaining about Trump not releasing his. I briefly googled Hillary's tax returns and mostly all they talked about was Trump not releasing his. Honestly, I've never checked into any candidates tax returns in all my years of voting. It's right up there with health records and school records...it's all voluntary with no obligation to do so. 

There are so many ways the rich can hide their money us peons cannot even imagine. In my opinion, it's a waste of time.

As I mentioned earlier in the discussion, tax returns have been an issue since Nixon (some election years more so than others). And they are important this year because Trump's campaign rests on his business experience and successes. So he really ought to put his tax returns where his mouth is.

Edited by Clair
Fixed my dumb spelling mistakes.
  • Like 2

Clair the NYT endorsing Clinton is hardly surprising or damning. It's entirely expected.They're liberal as it gets.

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Unfortunately us peons need to have a lot of trust in the media to vet these returns.  I know that sounds like an oxymoron...

I'd freely admit that I wouldn't have a clue what I'd be looking at with a overly complicated return.  That's where I'd expect 'experts' to help parse it out.

Hill's tax returns have been out for what? Almost 2 months now?  There are still quite a few Conservative news sources that you'd think would want to raise some points, so we can't blame it all on the media.

And again, Donald hiding his money, or not paying any taxes isn't my issue.  It's where that money is coming from that I think should be important enough to make it pertinant.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Clair said:

The New York Times also stepped forward to endorse Hillary, as have a number of others. Some are taking a big chance in doing so as they're facing a backlash in the form of cancelled subscriptions and even death threats in some cases.

I mean. Everyone has kind of always known who the new York times endorses lol. I dont think making it offical changes anything. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I mean. Everyone has kind of always known who the new York times endorses lol. I dont think making it offical changes anything. 

No but in some ways it's all part of a domino effect, and that's what changes things.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Clair said:

As I mentioned earlier in the discussion, tax returns have been an issue since Nixon (some election years more so than others). And they are important this year because Trump's campaign rests on his business experience and successes. So he really ought to put his ta returns where his mouth is.

Fair enough but what are you going to do when they're released? Read and analyze them or just wait for a news outlet to tell you what to think? Probably the latter like everyone else because nobody cares to look at them. That's what bloggers and memes are for.

• Like 2

Just now, F3SS said:

Fair enough but what are you going to do when they're released? Read and analyze them or just wait for a news outlet to tell you what to think? Probably the latter like everyone else because nobody cares to look at them. That's what bloggers and memes are for.

Are you kidding? Why would I allow the media to spoil my fun? I would read and analyze Trump's returns myself.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Clair said:

Are you kidding? Why would I allow the media to spoil my fun? I would read and analyze Trump's returns myself.

Is that what you've done since Nixon?

I don't see how not wanting to disclose a tax return that's under audit is any different than prosecutors not wanting to discuss a case that's under investigation.  Trump has said that he gets audited every year, and I don't doubt that, so knowing that it's going to be audited I would expect that it is as accurate and honest as a team of lawyers and accountants can make it.

• Like 4

Just now, F3SS said:

Is that what you've done since Nixon?

Nope, but I'm up to speed on Nixon because he's an interesting study. But as this is the first election where I'm eligible to vote, I want to have as much information as possible so that when I do pick one of those losers, I will do so with confidence.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Clair said:

Nope, but I'm up to speed on Nixon because he's an interesting study. But as this is the first election where I'm eligible to vote, I want to have as much information as possible so that when I do pick one of those losers, I will do so with confidence.

I didn't realize you were so young. I guess you get a pass on this by default.

Edited by F3SS
spelling
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

I didn;t realise you were so young. I guess you get a pass on this by default.

Great, thanks! I'll take a pass any way I can get it.  :)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Clair said:

It was Nixon who intrigued me and got me interested in politics when I was in middle school. Have you investigated into Hillary's involvement in Watergate? If not, you should. ;)

After doing a quick search, I wouldn't recommend anything published recently. It'll take some digging.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

I don't think that will happen.

But someone else in these forums posed (maybe Rinna?)  that he'd release them a couple weeks before the election and they'd be squeaky clean, thereby taking the wind out of the sails of the Democrats and ensuring his election. 

We'll see. He's assuredly not that smart, maybe his campaign team is though?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 3