Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Do We Kill?

Claire.

Why do we kill? Controversial study blames our distant ancestors.

Human bloodlust—from war to murder—traces back millions of years to our primate ancestors. That’s the conclusion of a controversial new study, which reaches far back into our family tree to uncover the evolutionary roots of lethal violence among more than 1000 mammalian species.

“It’s nice to see where humans fall in relation to other species,” says Polly Wiessner, an anthropologist at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City who studies violence and peacemaking in Papua New Guinea. But she says the sweeping analysis relies on imprecise data and doesn’t provide new information about the cultural subtleties that affect when and how humans deploy violence.

Read more: Sciencep/url]

• Like 2

Not sure there's a lot of "why" to it: the genes of the violent get passed on, the genes of their victims don't. Also, eating critters works better than getting et.

• Like 1

Its the way of the land . Kill or be killed . No one is going to stand by and do nothing if someone is going to kill them I don't care

where you are from. Its a way to thin out population . Most likely my ancestors killed a few here and there with our tempers, 

I am Irish/Italian , Its all good it all comes out even I think 

• Like 1