Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where do we go after we die?

thug007

What awaits everyone - Christian, Catholics, Atheists, Jews, Muslims, Pagans, Agnostics, Hindu, Buddhists, and every other living organism on this planet:

Do you remember the time before you were born? Nothingness? Not even darkness. That my friends is non-existance. And thats back where you go when that sack of rotting flesh you're wearing finally gives out and shuts down.

There is no difference whatsoever, in the grand scheme of things, between a human, an ape, a cat or that potplant you never watered.

I accepted this fate when I was ten years old. It's tough, though once you do it's like a tremendous weight was lifted from my shoulders.

Everything seemed more "real", if that makes sense.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• LuQy

• thug007

• Mad Manfred

Amen Mr. Manfred, amen.

Mr Manfred you're just taking the easy route... It can't be that simple and easy... Have you never heard of these biblical stories ??? Did moses really not produce them miracles with the aid of god ??? Hmmmmm

Poor humans, always striving to justify their existance with religion and afterlives and such when all we are is animals here to pass on our seeds in the short time we have.

I guess we evolved to smart to fast. I wonder how long it will be until gorrillas start questioning their existance and pondering whats after death.

i don't belive that

420636[/snapback]

there has 2 be something else

420638[/snapback]

Possibly. I'd be a fool if I completely ruled it out. Though God's? Afraid not. An afterlife? A possibility.

Mr Manfred you're just taking the easy route... It can't be that simple and easy... Have you never heard of these biblical stories ??? Did moses really not produce them miracles with the aid of god ??? Hmmmmm

I'm actually taking the harder path. Do you know how hard it is being an Atheist in a world of Theists? In addition, it's alot harder to accept that there is nothing out there than placing everything into the hands of a fictional deity that controls everything.

Maybe gorrillas and all other animals already know what is held in stock for them, who are we to question what they know or don't know when we can't comprehend our mere existence itself.!!!

I'm actually taking the harder path. Do you know how hard it is being an Atheist in a world of Theists? In addition, it's alot harder to accept that there is nothing out there than placing everything into the hands of a fictional deity that controls everything.

420649[/snapback]

Hmmmm maybe that's your opinon and you have every right to feel the way you do, BUT I personally find myself fighting my conscience. I could so easily just let all my faith and beliefs slip away and fall back on blaming all of this on chance, but life to me cannot be that simple. I keep asking myself questions about gods existence, his creation etc.. BUT I find it so hard to understand, then I look back in history and read of the miracles his servants performed through his will and make myself believe that such a diety has to exist. I guess you find it harder because you feel like the minority BUT I assure you there is more strain caused by truly believing in a god especially if you're like me (scientifically orientated) but belong to a strong religious community...

From my experience, we leave our body like a butterfly leaving a cocoon. We go into a another realm of space and time. I have see two loved ones die and they came back and visited. They didn't give details though. I think communication between the two realms is difficult. Maybe like when a dragon fly nymph crawls out of the water and cracks out of his skin and becomes a dragon fly. He can't go back into the water to see his buddies that are still nymphs. The best he can do is skim the surface of the water. rofl.gif

420649[/snapback]

Hmmmm maybe that's your opinon and you have every right to feel the way you do, BUT I personally find myself fighting my conscience. I could so easily just let all my faith and beliefs slip away and fall back on blaming all of this on chance, but life to me cannot be that simple. I keep asking myself questions about gods existence, his creation etc.. BUT I find it so hard to understand, then I look back in history and read of the miracles his servants performed through his will and make myself believe that such a diety has to exist. I guess you find it harder because you feel like the minority BUT I assure you there is more strain caused by truly believing in a god especially if you're like me (scientifically orientated) but belong to a strong religious community...

420668[/snapback]

Hmm, you say you're a part of a strong religious community...perhaps you're feeling pressured. I'd suggest spending some "alone time" to sort your feelings out and do some deep unbiased thinking. Not insulting you, just putting a suggestion out there thumbsup.gif Who knows, you could come back with an even deeper faith in your religion, or you could come back a solid Atheist. Give it a go.

From my experience, we leave our body like a butterfly leaving a cocoon.  We go into a another realm of space and time.  I have see two loved ones die and they came back and visited. They didn't give details though.  I think communication between the two realms is difficult.  Maybe like when a dragon fly nymph crawls out of the water and cracks out of his skin and becomes a dragon fly.  He can't go back into the water to see his buddies that are still nymphs.  The best he can do is skim the surface of the water.  rofl.gif

420674[/snapback]

That's an interesting theory actually thumbsup.gif

Hmm, you say you're a part of a strong religious community...perhaps you're feeling pressured. I'd suggest spending some "alone time" to sort your feelings out and do some deep unbiased thinking. Not insulting you, just putting a suggestion out there  thumbsup.gif Who knows, you could come back with an even deeper faith in your religion, or you could come back a solid Atheist. Give it a go.

420679[/snapback]

Thanks for the suggestion thumbsup.gif I have tried it already original.gif but the thing is science although very useful and intruiging has always been flawed somewhat when it comes to explaining certain things in my life. I can give you examples of theories used in the modern era which even though hold high status in their own rights conflict with each other. Then on the other hand I have seen examples of other scientific theories such as the "Big Bang" that have already been predicted in my holy textbook, so it would be rather hard for me not to believe in my religion... Anyway I gotta sleep it's around 2.30am here.. TC n Byeeee for now..!!

I plan to have my ashes mixed in concreate and dropped in the Ocean to become a habitat for fishes and underwater plant life original.gif ... but my kids will probably spill me on the way and I'll end up as dust in a creases of the car seat. disgust.gif

I used to be opposed to cremation until someone told be about "Eternal Reefs". Now I'm thinking about becoming a part of something that contributes to life. innocent.gif

And as for the spiritual side of me??? I'm going to become the guy that throws the shooting stars for all the world to see unless god has other plans for me.

Don alien.gif

Very noble paraclete1!

I was just wondering after we die what's next?

420380[/snapback]

Believe it or not...experience will tell the reality.

After you die...your body is lifeless, sure. Then, your spirit leave your physical body. You will see beyond the viel, where our mortal eyes cannot see, you will see departed loved one's or spirit that welcomes you to the spirit world. The scary part is if you are wicked, dark horrible scary spirits will welcome you.

There are two destinations...good person go to spirit in paradise, where good people who died mingle with each other. Bad people....goes to spirit in prison, where all kinds of bad people mix together.

The good part is...if you dont believe in God in this life, you will have the second chance to accept him or reject him their. Their will be missionaries who will preach the Gospel. Still....Freedom of Choice is implemented, nobody is forced.

If you accept that there is a God and a Saviour, congratulations, you are promoted to spirit in paradise.

After that, all good spirits, that are noble and honest will come in the first ressurrection when Jesus will rightfully rule and reign on earth for the 1000 years or millenium. Lots of advancement will start to even revolutionized the way people live, harmony and peace prevails for a while.

Bad people has to wait....wait...wait...for 1000 years to be over.

Not cool situation huh!

After 1000 years is over, Satan will be loosed on earth for a short period, that means people will succumb to do bad things again, bad spirits will have their ressurrected body too. Earth will once again disturb its peaceful state.

The battle of Armageddon, will be the highlight of these conflict between good and bad. All the host of heaven, angels, prophets, good people will fight againts the Devil and his fallen angels and his followers.

It will be beyond our comprehension what types of battle will occur. Great technological advancement, paranormal powers and so on...It will be intense that even the very elect will be decieved.

Then, the final judgement for all.

This earth will become like the Sun, it will be the abode of those who are worthy, and had been tried and tested in adversities of life and they have proven faithful to God and his commandments. This earth will melt in fervent heat and will be like a giant sea of glass. Glorified beings will be able to see to this earth like a crystal ball. They can see past , present and future. They can see other universes or dimensions or everything. Of course they had good judgement that they will not misuse these privileges.

They will become like God, powerful, eternal, their kingdoms keep on increasing, just like most scientist cant keep up on whats happening in the universe, why its expanding in a very accelerated pace.

As for me, i believe these things, no doctrine or other persuasion can take it away from me. Its part of being me. Something to believe in and hope for without even seeing it that its true. But have faith and hope for anyway.

Even if you dont believe what i share, there are things that doesn't need to be argued about, but , just what you believe is also made of who you are, what you want to be and if there is hope deep inside your very existence that it could be true.

Let time will tell...and remember these things when you pass away.

Where do we go after we die? If you've been good, New Orleans...If you've been bad.....Cleveland. tongue.gif

Two babies in a pregnant woman's stomach. Time is coming for them to be born.

- What do you think, is there life after birth?

- I don't know. No one has returned. unsure.gif

As some believe, we really are soles that come to material earth once or more times to learn. For example, a sole wants to learn how would it feel to be killed at a war - then he would come to earth, be born, in exact time and place to fulfill this destiny.

Therefor, after you die "here", you awake "there", remamber who and what you really are and move on according to your goals.

If you have read the Bible ( I haven't ), if I remamber right, it was said that people went on two ways. The way of "Knowledge of Good and Evil" and the way of "Knowledge of Life", guess understandable. wink2.gif

Merry Christmas! tongue.gif

420649[/snapback]

420668[/snapback]

I tend to agree with Mad Manfred on this one.....just imagine 2 seconds not beliving in any kind of afterlife, let it be with a God or not. No reincarnation, no heaven, no Nirvana...no nothing.

You lead your life, suffer, go to work every day, make money, eat ,sleep, go to work again to survive. Work all your life like an maniac and when its done....NOTHING ....In this type of thinking your are nothing, you live now, then it is done. Your gone.

Personnaly I would have a hard time going to work everyday, striving to survive like a maniac if I did not have faith that there was an afterlife. All that bull**** for nothing laugh.gif

So I think it takes more guts to lead a life believing that there is nothing when you die, then if you believe there is an afterlife.

As formyself, I believe or hope there is an afterlife. What it is, I am not sure at all.

In the meantime, I work to better myself as much as I can. I take life as a learning ground or a test. When I die, if ever there is such a thing as being judged, then I wil have worked hard. If life is only a learning ground as I tought, then I have done that too. If there is nothing....then ho well. Its all good...I wont be able to care much anyways if I am non-existant laugh.gif

But in all, I think it is easier to believe in a afterlife...It give a sense of purpose to my life.

As long as your beliefs makes you happy, I think this is what really counts thumbsup.gif

The sad truth is.

YOU DIE>

Then there is NOTHING, you wanna know what nothingness was like.

How was not being around for 20 billion years, Did you care?

What about, how did it feel not being around 4.5 billion years when

earth was formed. again, Did you care?

Merry christmas . grin2.gif

happy holidays

or watever the **** u celebrate thumbsup.gif

Edited by whoa182

I disagree i read a part in the bible it said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever belives in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

-John 3:16

I disagree i read a part in the bible it said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever belives in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

422049[/snapback]

The bible is man made tho. It was not written by GOD himself.

AND what if someone claimed that god speaks to them today and he wrote a book, Would you take every word litrually?

The bible was nothing more than a book of LAW, to control people lol

I totally disagree with the people saying "here's what happen, end of story".

As so many other people already stated, nobody knows. If find it relly sad should there be nothing else after this. Makes life kinda meaningless, since you're gonna die anyways, right?

Wrong.

If there is in fact no afterlife, the time here is all we have. The point must then be to make the best of it, for yourself, and hopefully for the people around you. Now is what matters, not what happens later.

That goes even if there's an afterlife as well. Nobody knows what kind of afterlife will come, and if what you do in life matters then. So if what you do in life won't matter in the afterlife, make the best of it here and now.

The conclusion is to stop worrying. You'll die eventually, nothing to do about it. Make the best of your time nutil then.

The bible was nothing more than a book of LAW, to control people lol

422424[/snapback]

You look at this the wrong way. This is straying the topic a bit, but the Bible wasn't made to control people. It was made to give hints on how to have a good life. Control? You choose how to live your life, nobody else does.

422049[/snapback]

No offense, but it seems the only reason you started this thread was to be reassured that there is in fact an afterlife, preferably a paradise.

I think you need to do some research yourself, both religious (unbiased, ie don't ask a priest or a devoted Christian) and scientific (same), and make up your own mind.