Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

$22M XPRIZE seeks to make 'Avatar' a reality

UM-Bot

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dark_Grey

• geraldnewfie

• UM-Bot

• paperdyer

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, geraldnewfie said:

more waste of money in this world...

"What's wrong with riding horses?!"
"What is the point of going to the moon?!"
"Why the hell do I need a cell phone?!"

It's called progress. Even though you can't see the applications for this technology, the people working on it can. I guarantee you'll see this "avatar" tech being used to save lives in the future. Besides, it's not like they're using your tax dollars.

It could be used to let a paraplegic walk and talk and live a somewhat normal existence, or anyone that's bedridden and get move on their own.

Maybe today I'm just pessimistic, but I see a "wonderful" application for law enforcement and military. 

And only after it's well settled there,  it will spread to more civilian applications. 

Of course that's the way usually tech grows,  but this time it will impact more directly our lives. 

Unless we obey and comply,  that is. 

On 10/5/2016 at 6:52 PM, Dark_Grey said:

"What's wrong with riding horses?!"
"What is the point of going to the moon?!"
"Why the hell do I need a cell phone?!"

It's called progress. Even though you can't see the applications for this technology, the people working on it can. I guarantee you'll see this "avatar" tech being used to save lives in the future. Besides, it's not like they're using your tax dollars.

save lifes? hahah the government will get first crack at this, use it for wars, it will never help us out.

1 hour ago, geraldnewfie said:

save lifes? hahah the government will get first crack at this, use it for wars, it will never help us out.

Ok, you go rush in to that house fire and I'll use an avatar. I should take your silly point and beat you with it but you're unlikely to ever respond or learn from it. You know, being so open to new ideas and all.