Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If Clinton Does Win

Paranormal Panther

15 minutes ago, Skulduggery said:

I didn't coin the phrase. And, we liberals are so PC, right?

But you used it as a blanket label.  Which is very liberal of you.

• Like 4

Just now, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

But you used it as a blanket label.  Which is very liberal of you.

Yeah, probably. 

3 hours ago, and then said:

If she wins then citizens who take the Second Amendment seriously had better stop complaining and start planning.  Some very serious, potentially life changing decisions are going to have to be made.  I, for one, don't plan to sit back and be robbed of any more rights by this group of criminals.  If it takes violence, so be it.

Don't be such a drama queen. You'll do no more than come here to express your outrage.

By the way, what is it about background checks you find so frightening?

• Like 1

I'll laugh at the right for nominating Trump, then I'll laugh at the left for thinking Clinton represents anything but more of the same old broken system. Then I'll have a few drinks and fantasize about moving to another country.

If Trump wins, I'll skip all that and just move to another country if possible. Not many of them want americans these days, understandably.

• Like 3

If other country, you mean Europe? Well, Europe is a lot worse off. They have tight regulations, religious laws and generally are quite conservative. they also tolerate right extremists a lot more than then they do here in the U.S.A.The US is a vast country, Europe on the other hand has not much space. Also Russia and the middle east is next door.

You are better off moving to Colorado, Wyoming or Montana if you want to be untroubled by Trump.

• Like 1

Clinton's not doing much at all with what will likely be a GOP congress and senate. But 80% of what she says she'll do is BS and the other 20% has to go through congress so how can one even speculate?

will say I wouldn't want to be Trump about this time a year from now. She'll make sure he has Govt regulators and IRS agents microscoping his rectum while she's in office.    

20 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

But you used it as a blanket label.  Which is very political liberal of you.

Fixed it. You're still 100% blind in one eye. 

I hope someone remembers to bump this thread back up in, say twelve months time.  Then all the claims about the actions that will be taken can be verified.  Hope it all works out for you all, and try not to hurt too many people, okay?  maybe it's just peace lovin' ole me, but some of the comments / threats seem, oh.. just a tad over the top..

And perhaps, reflect a little about how the hell you guys managed to get into a situation where those two were the only 'candidates'.  Small problem with your system, do ya think?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

And perhaps, reflect a little about how the hell you guys managed to get into a situation where those two were the only 'candidates'.  Small problem with your system, do ya think?

Indeed, but not a problem confined to the USA. It reflects a lack of grass-roots involvement in political parties. We do get the politicians we deserve in a democracy, people just have to get more involved or suffer the consequences. First step is join a party that has democracy in its own operations, that is candidates are picked by majority vote of members.

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Indeed, but not a problem confined to the USA. It reflects a lack of grass-roots involvement in political parties. We do get the politicians we deserve in a democracy, people just have to get more involved or suffer the consequences. First step is join a party that has democracy in its own operations, that is candidates are picked by majority vote of members.

True enough, but I think our system is flexible enough to avoid the trainwreck we are watching in the US in two ways:

1. It is rather easy to replace candidates (ask Rudd, Abbott, Gillard) if 'stuff' shows that they are not suitable to lead a country

2. Pretty much anyone (inc red-headed fish-shop owners! and also, thank deity, guys with funny names starting with X..) can (and do) start new parties and then make a real difference, especially to voters who are sick of two major parties that have grown so similar over the years you can't get a razor blade between them...

I am genuinely dumbfounded (and rather disturbed) by what I see happening in the US.

• Like 1

Pauline is a symptom of the problem, that being that people have had a gut-full of the offerings of the traditional parties and their candidates.

If Clinton does win...it will be a disaster.  Most likely we will end up with President Kaine before her term is up.  Out of all the original people who could have been President he seems to be the biggest nut case and the one least likely to win on his own.  They say we get the leaders we deserve, well if we don't pick the best of the two it will be our reward to end up with the worst of the bunch.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, hellwyr said:

Just wow. People on the internet and long before the internet have always fantasized about the end of the world. IMO mostly because of how they were raised. But that is another story.-  All those fantasies about the end of the US are the real danger, not Hillary or Trump. Also, people who believe in these internet conspiracies/stories are dangerous. Because - at the end of the day, people become what they want to be and create what they want - that is at least what my experience tells me.. People say Trump is dangerous. But, I think he is just an opportunist. I am not afraid of him, BUT of the people who vote for such an individual. And yeah people who feel powerless and frustrated and hateful tend to do stupid things. One such stupid thing would be resorting to violence only because their beloved illusion of an ideal candidate didn't become president. Seriously, I have seen and felt a lot of bad things in my life and probably in some  lifes before. And I cannot see and understand what the problem of the 50??% is

First, some clarification. I said nothing about the end of the world. I also have made it very clear on several occasions that Trump was not my first choice, let alone "ideal" candidate. I was explaining that there are a lot of people in the US who are disgusted and fed up with the course of the country over Obama's tenure.  If they see another 4 years of no change, no chance of improvement and a steady move farther to the Left then they may well stand up and say, no more.  If that requires violence then so be it but it need not necessarily come to that.  Here's a novel idea - a US president willing to compromise with the minority party to accomplish common goals for the people.  Remember that way of doing business?  It was pretty common for a couple of hundred years before Obama gave us all the middle finger for 8 years.  When the people feel they are represented and have a voice in government, and when they believe that laws are for everyone then America works.  Take either of those away and you're a step away from chaos.  If she wins after being clearly shown to be dishonest and being given a free pass by the FBI then that lawlessness can be expected to filter through the country on many levels.  That should come as no surprise to anyone.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arbenol said:

Don't be such a drama queen. You'll do no more than come here to express your outrage.

By the way, what is it about background checks you find so frightening?

Whatever I decide I have to do certainly won't be shared here. If you presume to think you actually know me from the posts I leave here then you are a lot more naive than I gave you credit for being. I would say mind your business but if she wins then I suspect that this may become your business.  If you are as observant as you seem to be then you will have noticed a level of toxic partisanship and an absolute refusal to compromise in our country today.  There is no middle ground any longer.  Those simple "background checks" already exist for all gun sales from a FFL dealer.  That means if I buy a gun from a sporting goods store, a hardware store or a gun show vendor, I fill out a form and I am checked against a database to see if I'm a criminal.  Since I am not, I will receive "permission" to purchase that gun.  That information is not supposed to be retained.  Computerized data never really goes away though, does it?  Her idea of "closing the gun show loophole" is simply a way to criminalize private gun sales between individuals who refuse to have their sales/purchases recorded by the government.  This thread isn't about gun control and I don't believe that you are interested in anything to do with our gun rights.  If you really think Americans are so docile that we'll simply hand over our rights to a government that is proven to be lawless then you don't know as much about us as you think you do.  Sure, there are millions of sheep here that will blindly hand them over.  But we - unlike you guys and your cousins in the UK and Oz, don't revere our government.  We despise and mistrust it - as we were rightly taught to.  If that government forgets itself and actually begins to believe its own propaganda then there are more than enough freedom loving men and women left here to remind them of the realities of life.  A bit of advice.... live as you please (and are allowed) in your own country but don't imagine we need your help in deciding how we'll live in ours.  

• Like 7

Mate, you know sod all about us if you think we revere our government!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lord Fedorable said:

Mate, you know sod all about us if you think we revere our government!

It sure seems like reverence from here.  If you trust it with your lives and the lives of your children then that's more than any American can boast.  

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, and then said:

It sure seems like reverence from here.  If you trust it with your lives and the lives of your children then that's more than any American can boast.  

In what way?

that we trust them to make laws? Yeah, that's what governments do. They also **** around with education, waste money on giving themselves pay rises and fanny about pandering to Rupert Murdoch and Gina the Hutt.

thats about it. We trust them to be as useful as a flyscreen on a submarine. 

• Like 3

Wow.... and more wows...  After reading more about the need for violence, and generalisations about all us apathetics in other countries based on absolutely nothing (a bit ironic really) I think I can see where the problem is.. and with that I shall depart and put someone on ignore.

• Like 2

If Clinton does win , taxes  will go high sky to pay for our country trillion dollar debt. Our guns will be taken away. More down sizing  of our military and equipment  so we can`nt defend our  country any more. Let all the terrorists and criminals come in, with free trade and open borders. Less policing and  no more law and order. and all she can say is ,lets just come together and be nice to one another ! 

I might as well get a ticket to Mars    :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, docyabut2 said:

If Clinton does win , taxes  will go high sky to pay for our country trillion dollar debt. Our guns will be taken away. More down sizing  of our military and equipment  so we can`nt defend our  country any more. Let all the terrorists and criminals come in, with free trade and open borders. Less policing and  no more law and order. and all she can say is ,lets just come together and be nice to one another ! 

I might as well get a ticket to Mars    :rolleyes:

Are you white and speak English reasonably well? Come to Australia, some land space as Mars but we also have Chococlate.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Kurzweil said:

I only like chocolate that comes from a dirty old man. Do you have those there too?

The 101 in Psyche's name isn't just a name, it's his age.

• Like 6

Oh and lets not forget, Obama is letting out 20%  of the prison population ,to go back to their communities with no jobs, more crime,

Hillary wants to bring in 65 thousand refugees.and we don`t know who these people really are, more terrorists attacks

Australia,  may :) go

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hellwyr said:

If other country, you mean Europe? Well, Europe is a lot worse off. They have tight regulations, religious laws and generally are quite conservative. they also tolerate right extremists a lot more than then they do here in the U.S.A.The US is a vast country, Europe on the other hand has not much space. Also Russia and the middle east is next door.

You are better off moving to Colorado, Wyoming or Montana if you want to be untroubled by Trump.

Your last sentence, change the word to Clinton , and that is honestly what I am considering doing. I have had this discussion with my daughter. 

We are losing a lot of our freedoms in the name of safety in this country because of terrorism, yet the liberals want open borders and hundreds of thousands of unvented refugees to be aloud no questions asked. Not to mention kicking us back to pre-70's in race relations, and turning the police into the enemy.

I was born and raised in the south so my blood is kinda thin, but I will deal with the Montana winters in the mountains to escape (the best way I can and still be in the lower 48) the way this country will continue to head under control of the liberals.

• Like 3