Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If Clinton Does Win

Paranormal Panther

1 minute ago, ninjadude said:

6. WALL STREET 

Democrats: The party promised to "vigorously implement, enforce, and build on" banking regulations enacted to curb risky practices by financial institutions and "will stop dead in its tracks every Republican effort to weaken it."

Republicans: Blamed the Great Recession on "the government's own housing policies," not Wall Street actions and called the banking regulations "an excuse to establish unprecedented government control over the nation's financial markets."

5 minutes ago, ninjadude said:

Here are 10 huge differences in the party platforms: 

1. ABORTION

Democrats: "We believe unequivocally, like the majority of Americans, that every woman should have access to quality reproductive health care services, including safe and legal abortion."

Republicans: Abortion should be illegal in all cases and the Constitution should ve amended to ban the procedure.

"We assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental right to life which cannot be infringed," the platform said.

The GOP argued that supporting the constitutional right to abortion was the "extreme" position. 

2. SAME-SEX MARRIAGE 

Democrats: Applauded the U.S. Supreme Court decision that legalized same-sex marriage.

Republicans: Condemned the court decision.

"Five unelected lawyers robbed 320 million Americans of their legitimate constitutional authority to define marriage as the union of one man and one woman," the platform said.

3. IMMIGRATION

Democrats:  Called for fixing the "broken immigration system," including a path to citizenship for 11 million undocumented immigrants.

Republicans: Embraced Trump's call for a wall along the U.S-Mexican border though was silent on whether to back their nominee's demand to deport all 11 million.

4. CLIMATE CHANGE

Democrats: "Climate change poses a real and urgent threat to our economy, our national security, and our children's health and futures."

Republicans: Cast doubts on whether the climate is changing, rejecting the findings of the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change as "a political mechanism, not an unbiased scientific institution" with "intolerance toward scientists and others who dissent from its orthodoxy."

5. MEDICARE

Democrats: They would not only would "fight any attempts by Republicans in Congress to privatize, voucherize, or 'phase out' Medicare," but would allow Americans older than 55 to enroll.

Republicans: They would end the health care program for the elderly as we know it, requiring seniors to either enroll in a private insurance plan or face limits on how much the government will pay.

6. WALL STREET 

Democrats: The party promised to "vigorously implement, enforce, and build on" banking regulations enacted to curb risky practices by financial institutions and "will stop dead in its tracks every Republican effort to weaken it."

Republicans: Blamed the Great Recession on "the government's own housing policies," not Wall Street actions and called the banking regulations "an excuse to establish unprecedented government control over the nation's financial markets."

7. IRAN

Democrats: President Barack Obama's agreement to relax economic sanctions on Iran in exchange for curbs on its nuclear program "verifiably cuts off all of Iran's pathways to a bomb without resorting to war."

Republicans: The deal "gravely threatens our security, our interests, and the survival of our friends." The Republican platform called it "a personal agreement between the president and his negotiating partners and non-binding on the next president."

8. ISRAEL

Democrats: The platform backed a "secure and democratic Jewish state" of Israel and a chance for Palestinians to "govern themselves in their own viable state, in peace and dignity."

Republicans: While both parties support Israel, the Republicans said nothing about the two-state solution that has been the bipartisan cornerstone of U.S. foreign policy for decades.

9. MONEY IN POLITICS 

Democrats: They want to overturn the Citizens United decision, which eased restrictions on corporate and union campaign spending.

"We need to end secret, unaccountable money in politics by requiring, through executive order or legislation, significantly more disclosure and transparency — by outside groups, federal contractors, and public corporations to their shareholders," the platform said. 

Republicans: "I have joined the political arena so that the powerful can no longer beat up on people who cannot defend themselves,"  Trump said in accepting the Republican presidential nomination. 

The GOP platform would make things much easier for the powerful. It would repeal or raise contribution limits and allow outside groups spending millions on campaigns to hide their donors.

10. VOTING RIGHTS 

Democrats: The party said it would fight laws requiring certain forms of voter identification "to preserve the fundamental right to vote."

A leader of the 1963 landmark Selma-to-Montgomery voting rights march, Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.), helped nominate Clinton for president on Tuesday.

Republicans: The GOP platform endorsed state efforts to impose voter identification requirements that the U.S. Justice Department and several federal and state courts have said discriminate against minority and poor voters. The platform called Justice's actions "bullying."

Cases of in-person voter fraud, which such voter-ID laws are supposed to prevent, are "nearly non-existent," according to the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University Law School.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/07/dnc_2016_10_big_ways_the_democratic_platform_diffe.html

Oh wow you actually believe this stuff? I was referring to in practice not in hyperbole. 

5 minutes ago, ninjadude said:

The party said it would fight laws requiring certain forms of voter identification "to preserve the fundamental right to vote."

A leader of the 1963 landmark Selma-to-Montgomery voting rights march, Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.), helped nominate Clinton for president on Tuesday.

Lewis is a ridiculous parody of a politician.  The men who followed MLK have uniformly prostituted themselves for their own power and wealth.  THEY are the ones responsible for keeping black folk down on the democrat's plantation.  Anyone who refuses to require a voter to simply prove they are who they SAY they are, is a crook.  There is NO OTHER REASON to stand against such a policy.  The fact that Dems seem to be consolidating a permanent majority may bring a smug smile to people like yourself, Captain Hardshell, but when it becomes the reality, the result won't be anything to smile about.  The Left think they are on the cusp of total control but they are actually standing at the edge of an abyss.  All I can say is - bring it! :gun:  This nation thrived so long as the people at least thought they had a voice.  Make half of them realize they have NO voice, the country becomes a horror for EVERYONE.

26 minutes ago, ninjadude said:

But you'll vote for trump.

Really? So, you think I'm going to vote twice then?

You see, I already voted (early voting in my state). And, it  wasn't for Mr Trump. Oh, and it wasn't for Mrs Clinton either.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh wow you actually believe this stuff? I was referring to in practice not in hyperbole. 

assuming that you're mainly interested in the Wall Street one that you moved up,  the Democrats created the Consumer Finanical Protection Bureau (CFPB). One of Elizabeth Warren's shining moments.

The Republicans want to destroy it.

Dodd-Frank was intended to increase transparency and accountability in the financial services industry and to protect consumers. Among other things, the bill created a new consumer protection agency and standards for a number of common financial services products.

The bill has been a point of pride for the Obama Administration, which supported the bill sponsored by then Connecticut Senator Christopher Dodd and Barney Frank, a former congressman from Massachusetts. Both are Democrats. "We will also vigorously implement, enforce, and build on the landmark Dodd-Frank financial reform law, and we will stop dead in its tracks every Republican effort to weaken it," the Democratic Party Platform says.

https://news.thestreeat.com/independent/story/13663738/2/what-republicans-and-democrats-have-in-common-on-wall-street-regulation-and-where-they-differ.html

21 minutes ago, and then said:

This nation thrived so long as the people at least thought they had a voice.  Make half of them realize they have NO voice, the country becomes a horror for EVERYONE.

what makes you think you have no voice? have you been restricted from voting? an undocumented immigrant?

Just now, ninjadude said:

assuming that you're mainly interested in the Wall Street one that you moved up,  the Democrats created the Consumer Finanical Protection Bureau (CFPB). One of Elizabeth Warren's shining moments.

The Republicans want to destroy it.

https://news.thestreeat.com/independent/story/13663738/2/what-republicans-and-democrats-have-in-common-on-wall-street-regulation-and-where-they-differ.html

Sorry i got a call in the middle of my response. I was going to go point by point and show how they really arent any diffferent at all in practice, just hyperbole but got distracted and now im just not motivated to do so. I was starting with wall street because its the easiest to knock down (the idea that either party ISNT beholden to their interests) 

11 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Really? So, you think I'm going to vote twice then?

You see, I already voted (early voting in my state). And, it  wasn't for Mr Trump. Oh, and it wasn't for Mrs Clinton either.

I'm truly sorry. My mistake. :wub:

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Don't try and use facts with him it is useless.  

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ninjadude said:

I'm truly sorry. My mistake. :wub:

Don't be so quick though...I'm still a conservative (Libertarian to be exact).

18 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Clinton takes money from Saudi Arabia and Qatar, and that should concern you. They support ISIS. They oppress women. They kill gay men. Now, *that's* despicable. Besides, you can't control who supports you unless you give/take money to/from them. As for propaganda, they do just fine without it. If a Muslim joins ISIS because of something that Trump says, he or she was *despicable* from the start. Our coward in chief is too weak to tell the truth. He won't increase or strengthen ISIS if he tells the truth about terrorism. We weren't afraid to call Nazis what they were. Also, Trump isn't anti-Muslim, so that dog won't hunt.

our traitor-in-chief backs isis and other terrorist.  why do you think he won't support the usa in action.

19 hours ago, Arbenol said:

Hang on. Only half of them, apparently.

Although she didn't say which half.

You know what they say. It takes a "deplorable" to know a "deplorable".

So joe Biden gave a speech for Hillary down the road from my house yesterday. Motorcade drove right in front of my house. Second time I got to see that since I lived here as Obama went to the same place 4 years ago. It's an awesome and expensive sight to see. Anyhow my dad called me today to tell me how it was on the news and they did a pan out that showed maybe a coupe dozen people. Called it an intimate gathering lol. It then occurred to me how there was no significant traffic. Had that been Trump I'm sure it would have been a zoo of cars. All that expense for 30 people. There's probably more in his traveling entourage than at the rally. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

WTF? How so?

Put down the PC punch for a second. He never said that all Muslims are this or that. He, unlike weak leftists, tells the truth about immigration and terrorism. That truth is seen as "anti-Muslim" by weak leftists who care more about PC than life.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Oh he's not a racist unless he slurred all Black people or all Asians, or all Latinos?

In other words, you're fine with allegations that have no proof. Maybe you just think it's wrong to say something about someone if they're a minority or a woman. It's "racism" if you disagree with Obama's policies. You're a "sexist" if you don't support Clinton.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

Did I say Trump was a racist? Show me where.

I said he's got the support of hate groups, dictators and so on. That's different.

There must be a reason for that. You gotta have to look at some of the ideas he threw out there.

That seemed to be the implication. That aside, those groups support him because they agree with some of his views. It's like how anti-male and anti-White individuals like some of Hillary's views. Does that mean that Clinton gets their support for a reason that should raise fair concerns among ordinary, normal American people?

17 hours ago, and then said:

If Americans have become so dull as to be led by the nose by the media then we are about to truly become a single Party State.  The media are openly ideologues for the Left now.  When about half the population has its voice taken away at election time, the only other recourse will be non-peaceful.  

I agree with all of that except the last word in your post. Violence is a last resort at a macro and micro level. I trained in combat sports. I never was in a street fight in my adult life. I walked away from my fair share of crazy people who preferred stupidity and violence. We are faced with many stupid people. We are faced with many violent people. One of them may be the next president. If Clinton does win, she needs to be checked and watched. She's much more dangerous than Trump. Her cult won't admit this because they live in a cartoon world where conservatives are super villains to her Wonder Woman. You can't reach these people. They certainly *are* led, by the nose, by comedy shows and media swill. These same people will whine about "Faux News". Some of them may be incited to harm those who disagree with them. In this particular case, your last word indeed does apply.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, danielost said:

our traitor-in-chief backs isis and other terrorist.  why do you think he won't support the usa in action.

The whole Middle Eastern situation is a calamity. I blame both Bush and Obama. We should have stayed out of that quagmire from the beginning. There are no good guys.

• Like 2

Just now, Paranormal Panther said:

. I blame both Bush and Obama. We should have stayed out of that quagmire from the beginning.

Bingo! My thoughts exactly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

Bingo! My thoughts exactly.

The dead civilians are forgotten by the media. They're remembered by the terrorists, though.

1 hour ago, Paranormal Panther said:

In other words, you're fine with allegations that have no proof. Maybe you just think it's wrong to say something about someone if they're a minority or a woman. It's "racism" if you disagree with Obama's policies. You're a "sexist" if you don't support Clinton.

How much do you intend to read into what I actually say?

Edited by Likely Guy

It is hard to avoid the impression of choreography in the latest "oh look, we are investigating more of Clinton's emails", and then a few days later, it is "oh look, we have cleared Hillary of any misdemeanours" . Looks very stage managed.

11 minutes ago, Habitat said:

It is hard to avoid the impression of choreography in the latest "oh look, we are investigating more of Clinton's emails", and then a few days later, it is "oh look, we have cleared Hillary of any misdemeanours" . Looks very stage managed.

i understand that fbi agents were going to walk.  if clinton hadn't been recharged.

3 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

You know what they say. It takes a "deplorable" to know a "deplorable".

There's a lot of deplorables about  - on both sides - both within and outside of the system itself. But we do tend to tolerate deplorables, as long as they're our kind of deplorable.

1 hour ago, danielost said:

i understand that fbi agents were going to walk.  if clinton hadn't been recharged.

Well she has looked quite run down lately.:lol: