Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do you use message boards?

Zalmoxis

I use message boards not because I particularly enjoy it but because it's a cheap blocker against Metadata media. Some message boards I enjoy, some others not so much. But, as I discovered, digital media is digital media no matter what format it is created in. Whether it is a movie, music, news articles, scientific papers, information sites or plain rubbish, on a personal level when someone gets a hair up their ass and uses those things like weapons and they target you, you can always rely on a good old fashioned message board to spin or slant their rubbish off and away. I learned that the greatest of those media experts are entertainers and newscasters and believe it or not intelligence groups like the CIA use Metadata and media manipulation to kill people, ruin lives and other unsavory things. It's very true. The cool thing I learned is that with a few message board quickies a day you can render most if not all of any media attack on you no matter where it comes from, harmless. I don't really personally know how or why this works but I know that it does. It's timing-based as well as content-based, so, if you're catching some heat from some media source you spin it or slant it either way. And it lasts for a long time. Sorta like building a wall. You do it enough and they can't get in with their digital satellite wizardry. As I mentioned before, message boards aren't something that I particularly enjoy although they can amuse me here and there, I use them out of necessity because hey, it's not like I can go put my face on a magazine cover every time a big shot talks out his bugler ass on Access Hollywood and causes a caniption fit with my neighbors. I thought to throw that out there and let it all hang out. True stuff. It works.

Why do you use message boards?

Edited by Zalmoxis

Just now, bubblykiss said:

It is a great way to meet interesting people with different opinions from all around the world.

I suppose so. I did participate in some really good topics on message boards before.

I don't, anymore, other than this one. I mainly use it because I've been coming here since 2006 (my first account was forgotten/lost, so I made this one in 2008). It's just kind of part of my day on the internet. If I discovered it for the first time, as an adult, I doubt I'd have done anything but read the news section.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2016 at 1:14 PM, Podo said:

I don't, anymore, other than this one. I mainly use it because I've been coming here since 2006 (my first account was forgotten/lost, so I made this one in 2008). It's just kind of part of my day on the internet. If I discovered it for the first time, as an adult, I doubt I'd have done anything but read the news section.

I used several different message boards. I prefer to stay out of the professional science boards because I am not a professional scientist and they would be easily annoyed with my prescence. A lot of boards are specialized within a subject and levelized at a certain age group or class of people. I would say Unexplained-Mysteries is geared towards an average young adult middle class grouping.

16 hours ago, coolguy said:

Its my social life 

I'm sure a lot of board users would say the same thing. The good old days of visiting family and friends regularly in person without social media connecting us is going the way of the dodo.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Messageboards are, for me, much better than other social media like FB, Twitter, or texting. Those mediums are geared towards instant responses. You see tons of people posting on FB threads without reading all the original post/article, or the comments before them, which make them look foolish.

Messageboards are a bit slower paced, and encourage actually reading and understanding the other posts. Plus people have time to think about what they are posting, versus a quick "like" or "lol" on FB

• Like 1

On 10/23/2016 at 0:15 AM, coolguy said:

Its my social life 

I can agree with that because you get to know posters. I'm an oldguy not at coolguy! It kind of fills a gap for social life when most of your friends and family have passed away :(

I like UM forum because of the diversity of posters and sharing of views on all kinds of interests. 

In the midst of work, networking and socializing with friends in person I preferred chat rooms and emails in the old days of tech.  I use social media to keep in touch with some people out of area but I never liked it because FB etc are too gossipy and sometimes abusive type of a format and very time consuming. Texting can get annoying because I prefer using a  phone or video conference for an ongoing conversation. I like texting when it's used to like an email though. Maybe I have that view since I first used it during business work. 

Family and friend social life real-time has been invaded by social media and gossip texting since kids have grown up with it now. It's a mixed blessing though since I see kids finding others like themselves to relate to if not in their own area. 

• Like 1

If you're so anti-boards, why are you here? I mean it seems like you're not happy here.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well whatever the reasons (it's not just one) it's not to avoid CIA manipulation.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like expressing myself through writing and meeting interesting people.

Everyone has different opinions online and I'd like to see what other people's opinions are.

It also keeps me busy and to exercise my brain on certain subjects. 

Also keeps me busy for when I'm bored and can't seem to get to sleep. :lol:

Edited by WhispersInTheAttic