Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Update on Scan Pyramid project Oct 2016

Hanslune

41 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

That's the phoenix (bennu) and is very differet from the crested ibis.

In ancient Egypt a Phoenix is an Ibis with a mullet and a hobo stick?

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

That's the phoenix (bennu) and is very differet from the crested ibis.

Good catch. I missed that post. This is what happens because of my boid brain.

• Like 2

Just now, Jarocal said:

In ancient Egypt a Phoenix is an Ibis with a mullet and a hobo stick?

Only the Southern phoenix.

• Like 1

The Northern Phoenix has his hat on backwards and a Cygnus hanging out of his mouth.

Harte

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Harte said:

The Northern Phoenix has his hat on backwards and a Cygnus hanging out of his mouth.

Harte

Nobody over the age of 20 should have their hat on backwards.....

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

Only the Southern phoenix.

Don't you have cat videos and NCIS reruns that need watching?:P

Edited by Jarocal
Yea tho I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of furballs I will fear no feline.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Don't you have cat videos and NCIS reruns that need watching?:P

NCIS reruns? Sure. Cat videos? Always. Love 'em. Have an episode of the NCIS agents tracking down a cat inside an ancient Egyptian tomb, with mummies all around, and I'd be in heaven.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Nobody over the age of 20 should have their hat on backwards.....

I totally agree. And no one over the age of...

Well, no one should ever wear Spandex.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I totally agree. And no one over the age of...

Well, no one should ever wear Spandex.

What is wrong with spandex?

2017-women-yoga-pants-slim-fit-sexy-sports.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Point taken. Let's say: no male should ever wear it.

Fairly certain Jason Momoa could pull it off so to speak...

2 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

NCIS reruns? Sure. Cat videos? Always. Love 'em. Have an episode of the NCIS agents tracking down a cat inside an ancient Egyptian tomb, with mummies all around, and I'd be in heaven.

Now you're in for it!  The showrunners will send the snake, the crocodile, and the dog after you for revealing the ending to the "Search For Hetty" story arc.

ncis-search for hetty.jpg

(and the Great Cat of Re will shed in your soup!)

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Point taken. Let's say: no male should ever wear it.

Spoken like a guy.  From where I sit, no woman should ever wear the stuff.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Now, as to the origin of the wall plaque? I haven't the slightest idea. Does anyone here know who the artist is, or why he made it? . . .

The best we can say is that it’s a product of a company called Ancient Treasures.  It’s a commercial product:

E-108S.jpg

http://ancienttreasures.com/lrgtext.php3?product=E-108S&portion=0&UID=20171211010433146.90.221.12&CA=56

I can not make out the signature on the piece (by the leading foot).

For all the “Excellence in Museum Reproductions” hype, they are obviously not in the business of producting exact facsimiles.  Consider another of their products:

E-58P.jpg

http://ancienttreasures.com/lrgtext.php3?product=E-58P&portion=0&UID=20171211010433146.90.221.12&CA=1

I trust that everyone reading will know that such a perspectival depiction is very unlikely to be found in ancient Egyptian art.  The original is obviously this, in the British Museum:

AN00036573_001_l.jpg

I have no problem with such stuff (as the decorative plaque based on this).  I find it harmless and amusing.  It attests to ancient Egypt still having a place in the culture, with people who would likely not go so far as studying hieroglyphs.  I have no wish to bash Ancient Treasures, but we can be realistic about what they produce: decorative pieces with an ancient theme, not aimed at the expert and not on any account to be cited as evidence.  Creighton likely stumbled over his in such a place as this:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/72550243967477169/

—which effectively hides its character and origin.  This is what gives Internet research a bad name.  Caveat surfer.

M.

Edited by mstower
to coin a phrase.
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Atlante: compare to the White Chapel symbol for nome 15 of Lower Egypt. 

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/museums-static/digitalegypt/geo/nomel15.html

nome15.gif

Kenemet: That's the phoenix (bennu) and is very differet from the crested ibis.

Kmt_Sesh: Good catch. I missed that post. This is what happens because of my boid brain.

SC:  Curious why this sign (of Thoth) isn’t present in Gardiner’s list of birds either? Perhaps someone just made it up and it doesn’t really exist?

Yes, the Bennu (phoenix). A bird that also symbolises Thoth.  Quite appropriate really when you consider the pyramids were, according to the Coptic-Egyptian texts, built as ‘arks’ or ‘Recovery Vaults’ to ensure the rebirth/recovery/renewal of the kingdom from the imminent flood foretold by Thoth.

Oh what’s that – Thoth pouring out a deluge of water? And is that a pyramid rising out of water at the bottom of the register (right side)?

tumblr_ocsnqrG7qz1vu27r3o1_1280.jpg

SC

19 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

Point-for-point perfectly scaled? Hell, you're not even close. A blind man could be just as relevant. You suffer from pareidolia apparently as the second picture alone invalidates your claim. You don't get to arbitrarily change direction of the line from the Red Pyramid to Khaba and still claim relevancy to your Osiris layout fantasy. 

Secondly, it's just as valid to suggest that the line goes from the Red Pyramid to Sekhemkhet's pyramid to Khaba's with an offshoot from Sekhemkhet's to Djosers; or from the Red Pyramid to Djoser's Pyramid to Khaba's with a short offshoot from Djoser's to Sekhemkhet's Pyramid.

Third, one can't even reasonably squeeze the line from the Red Pyramid between Sekhemkhet's and Djoser's Pyramids as shown, aimed toward Khaba's. An actual line between the Red Pyramid and Khaba's would look like the following blue line:

5a2d577de6fbf_LayoutfromRedPyramidtoKhabasPyramid.thumb.jpg.3c4b90563358b4b0dc6721c02725b08a.jpg

cormac

leo_04-28-11_22-00h.png

Call it 'artistic license'.

SC

29 minutes ago, Scott Creighton said:

leo_04-28-11_22-00h.png

Call it 'artistic license'.

SC

I’d call it prevaricating/fabricating/misleading reminiscient of Erich von Daniken’s creating his own artifacts.

cormac

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Scott Creighton said:

Yes, the Bennu (phoenix). A bird that also symbolises Thoth. . . .

Source of this factoid?

M.

41 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

I’d call it prevaricating/fabricating/misleading reminiscient of Erich von Daniken’s creating his own artifacts.

cormac

Well then you'd be totally wrong.

Because whether you like it or not, accept it or not, a rudimentary outline of the classic Osiris figurine CAN BE envisaged with the 'node points' of these first pyramids. Indeed, connecting these 'nodes' in the manner I have shown creates a better rudimentary outline (from which - with 'artistic license' - the fully fleshed Osiris figure can be formed) than some of those 'modern' star asterisms. 

sahu1.jpg

Sahu (Orion).  Like I said, "artistic license".

SC

Edited by Scott Creighton

40 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

When EVD was asked about some of the material he wrote he called it 'artistic license.' 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scott Creighton said:

Well then you'd be totally wrong.

Because whether you like it or not, accept it or not, a rudimentary outline of the classic Osiris figurine CAN BE envisaged with the 'node points' of these first pyramids. Indeed, connecting these 'nodes' in the manner I have shown creates a better rudimentary outline (from which - with 'artistic license' - the fully fleshed Osiris figure can be formed) than some of those 'modern' star asterisms. 

sahu1.jpg

Sahu (Orion).  Like I said, "artistic license".

SC

As I already showed the dot pattern is a forced contrivance which could be done to any of a number of objects. The dot pattern lacks any connection to the image, the story you suggest it is connected to, the layout of some cherry picked structures, etc.

This is really a grand failure. It continues to get worse as it is pointed out that the flood claim you made appears to be fiction as well, the use of a modern trinket in our desperation to show something is no different than the other made up malarkey.

Artistic license is just another way of saying delusional at this point.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

When EVD was asked about some of the material he wrote he called it 'artistic license.' 

BS by any other name is still BS.

cormac

• Like 2