Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Update on Scan Pyramid project Oct 2016

Hanslune

43 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Lol! Well, it is Christmas Eve and I had a few beers. Like I told a friend if mine a while back, anything I post while buzzed can't be held against me later.

With that being said, while I agree my above is largely conjectural, I also believe it to be a plausible hypothesis that should be looked into. Prepare for a relevant article which I will post shortly.

LOL You're more hopeful than I am. Honestly I'm expecting a very large, rubble-filled void. I'd love to be proved wrong. Personally what I'd like to see is more workmen's graffiti, and in greater abundance than we see in the relieving chambers.

Of course, as Ikram notes in the article I posted earlier, we might not know one way or the other during our lifetimes. These things tend to move slooooooowly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

LOL You're more hopeful than I am. Honestly I'm expecting a very large, rubble-filled void. I'd love to be proved wrong. Personally what I'd like to see is more workmen's graffiti, and in greater abundance than we see in the relieving chambers.

Of course, as Ikram notes in the article I posted earlier, we might not know one way or the other during our lifetimes. These things tend to move slooooooowly.

That is precisely the problem with the current Ministry of Antiquities. It inherited the old bureaucratic methods of running things from the earlier British and Ottoman administrations. Things tend to move at a snail's pace.

Workmen's graffiti huh? Perhaps your more sober expectations are more likely. My hypothesis is partially influenced by an article I read which proposed that the Great Pyramid wasn't looted until the Second Persian Occupation (343-332 BC), as well as from Houdin's hypothesis concerning the Pyramid's structural integrity being conditional upon hidden antechambers.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Honestly I'm expecting a very large, rubble-filled void. I'd love to be proved wrong. Personally what I'd like to see is more workmen's graffiti, and in greater abundance than we see in the relieving chambers.

I think this void represents the Hall of the Ancestors.

If any painted marks are found within this inaccessible area of the GP then I suspect any such painted marks will be similar in style to those found in the small, inaccessible 'Cavity Chamber' at the top end of the Queens' Chamber southern shaft; a form of script that is possibly early hieratic but which is quite unlike the old hieratic script allegedly found in-situ by Vyse in the GP's so-called 'Relieving Chambers' after he blasted his way into them.

But I guess we will never know the outcome in our lifetime.

A happy and peaceful Festive Season to one and all from Scotland.

SC

Edited by Scott Creighton

1 hour ago, Lord Harry said:

Lol! Well, it is Christmas Eve and I had a few beers. Like I told a friend if mine a while back, anything I post while buzzed can't be held against me later.

With that being said, while I agree my above is largely conjectural, I also believe it to be a plausible hypothesis that should be looked into. Prepare for a relevant article which I will post shortly.

I have some of Hancocks books. LOL lets go!

• Like 2

Just now, John Bastien said:

I have some of Hancocks books. LOL lets go!

LOL! Sure, I can play the devil's advocate for one night.  I will conduct a persuasive argument in favor of Hancock's global, pre-Ice Age civilization.  Aliens is where I would draw the line of course.  Unless...I have a few more beers and decide to argue on von Daniken's behalf.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John Bastien said:

There are megoliths close to this era and Gobekli Tepi.

In all honesty, I do find it interesting how apparently unrelated prehistoric societies, separated by oceans could construct very similar megalithic structures consisting of stones weighing several hundred tons.  This makes one wonder whether or not knowledge spread further and more rapidly in very ancient times than archaeologists have previously suspected.

Megalithic in size, but I was referring to immense prehistoric structures of an unknown function.  The pyramids are in a category all of their own, as they display a remarkable and unprecedented knowledge of mathematics and astronomy.  Features which are clearly demonstrated in the Giza pyramids with their precise alignments with the stars and the magnetic north pole, as well as in their almost perfect measurements.

48 minutes ago, Scott Creighton said:

I think this void represents the Hall of the Ancestors.

If any painted marks are found within this inaccessible area of the GP then I suspect any such painted marks will be similar in style to those found in the small, inaccessible 'Cavity Chamber' at the top end of the Queens' Chamber southern shaft; a form of script that is possibly early hieratic but which is quite unlike the old hieratic script allegedly found in-situ by Vyse in the GP's so-called 'Relieving Chambers' after he blasted his way into them.

But I guess we will never know the outcome in our lifetime.

A happy and peaceful Festive Season to one and all from Scotland.

SC

Christmas in Scotland...that has to be beautiful. I've always wanted to go there. Merry Christmas, Scott!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

LOL! Sure, I can play the devil's advocate for one night.  I will conduct a persuasive argument in favor of Hancock's global, pre-Ice Age civilization.  Aliens is where I would draw the line of course.  Unless...I have a few more beers and decide to argue on von Daniken's behalf.

Lord Harry, you know I like you, but if you ever start to defend von Däniken, whether you're inebriated or not, you know I shall have to shoot you. :lol:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Lord Harry, you know I like you, but if you ever start to defend von Däniken, whether you're inebriated or not, you know I shall have to shoot you. :lol:

And you certainly should. I actually had to write a paper on von Daniken for an Egyptian historiography class. His book is rife with such hilarious errors as stating it would have taken the Egyptians 600 years to build the Great Pyramid. He also mentioned there wouldn't have been enough wood in the Nile Valley for the sledges, completely ignoring the cedar trade. And he also mentioned Alexandria as if it were contemporary with the Old Kingdom.

4 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

And you certainly should. I actually had to write a paper on von Daniken for an Egyptian historiography class. His book is rife with such hilarious errors as stating it would have taken the Egyptians 600 years to build the Great Pyramid. He also mentioned there wouldn't have been enough wood in the Nile Valley for the sledges, completely ignoring the cedar trade. And he also mentioned Alexandria as if it were contemporary with the Old Kingdom.

His books I've never read, aside from websites and people who borrow from his writing. I've read several of Sitchin's books, if just to torture myself. But it doesn't much matter because all of these cranks don't know what they're talking about. And they probably don't care, so long as the money keeps coming in.

8 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

His books I've never read, aside from websites and people who borrow from his writing. I've read several of Sitchin's books, if just to torture myself. But it doesn't much matter because all of these cranks don't know what they're talking about. And they probably don't care, so long as the money keeps coming in.

Interesting fact, von Daniken wrote his book while serving time in prison. Though it somewhat make sense, since I'm sure he had a lot of free time on his hands locked in a cell all day and night.

Edited by Lord Harry

37 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Interesting fact, von Daniken wrote his book while serving time in prison. Though it somewhat make sense, since I'm sure he had a lot of free time on his hands locked in a cell all day and night.

I think I remember that. He had been working for a hotel chain (or some such) and was imprisoned for fraud. So instead he started writing fraud.

He was later caught red-handed manufacturing "evidence" for one of his "alien" schemes.

8 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Wait you can get money for pointing out Academia's flawed conjectures and offering innovative and evidemce based logical ideas on how it actually happened (like Sitchin et al)?

Meh I'm too inarticulate to pen an informative treatise on how it actually happened. 

23 hours ago, Scott Creighton said:

Kmt_sesh,

A grain mound (unless it is damp) will typically present a rounded peak and NOT a pointed peak like in a pyramid. The sign O250 is simply NOT a typical mound of grain on a mud floor. The AEs actually have a specific sign (M35) for a mound of grain – and yes, it has a rounded top:

b7sdWS6.png

Over and above which, the original interpreters of AE texts have clearly classified O250 (along with O51 & its variants) as a BUILDING and NOT as a ‘Tree or Plant – ‘M’.

Typically a grain storage facility in ancient Egypt can have a flat roof or a barrel roof such as this:

454Pby0.png

Hence the O51 signs with flat and barrelled roofs. But there’s a sign there that has also been classified as a BUILDING for grain storage and it has a pointed roof. What do you think such a structure with a pointed roof like this could be?

SC

Sorry, but, you’ve entirely neglected the distinctive arrangement at the base of the several variants, and you’ve neglected several of the variants, ones which show with tolerable clarity that what’s depicted is one or more heaps on a recessed floor and not the shape of the building containing them.

o02seE.png

http://unicode.org/L2/L2016/16257-n4751-hieroglyphs-new.pdf

I have told you (and kmt_sesh has clarified) what you need to do to make your idio-reading plausible.

M.

Edited by mstower
to add a missing word.
  • Like 1

As the current Ruler of the Cabal, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a Merry Christmas with many more to come.

I hope to see you all at our annual Cabal Christmas Party.  Make sure to bring an ugly sweater for our ugly sweater contest.  This years theme is crankage.  Don't ask how I know, but a little birdy told me that whoever wears a sweater with a certain picture of a flying camel is bound to win the grand prize!  A trip to see the magic Mafdet geyser springs!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mstower said:

Some heaped grain:

Grain-heap.jpg

M.

I see three pyramids. There has to be a Giza/Orion/Cygnus connection there...

PS- that 526 boom/bucket combo would be fun to play with.

Edited by Jarocal
I sold Vyse the red paint
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

I see three pyramids. There has to be a Giza/Orion/Cygnus connection there...

PS- that 526 boom/bucket combo would be fun to play with.

I run a JD 644B with log forks that makes JCBs look like Tonka toys.

5 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

As the current Ruler of the Cabal, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a Merry Christmas with many more to come.

I hope to see you all at our annual Cabal Christmas Party.  Make sure to bring an ugly sweater for our ugly sweater contest.  This years theme is crankage.  Don't ask how I know, but a little birdy told me that whoever wears a sweater with a certain picture of a flying camel is bound to win the grand prize!  A trip to see the magic Mafdet geyser springs!

Did somebody say "ugly sweater"??? I'll show up with a FS flamethrower.....

5 hours ago, Jarocal said:

I see three pyramids. There has to be a Giza/Orion/Cygnus connection there..

Reminds me of that mutant chick in "Total Recall" - Schwarzenegger version.

Harte

• Like 3