Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Election is Rigged!!

supervike

10 hours ago, Kismit said:

Oh. Ok. Then clearly Donald Trump is a political genius..you can tell that By the way he can be so easily manipulated by Hillary Clinton and her team. He's going to do amazing things, when sent out into the big bad world of real politics. Nobody is going to take advantage of that.:rolleyes:

The most commonly heard discussion about this election that I hear repeated over here is, In a country so large, with so many intelligent people in it, how the hell did it end up between those two?

Sarcasm really isn't a very effective response, you know. It's usually what people resort to when they don't actually have a response, as appears in fact to be the case here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Clair said:

No you're not the majority, as Hillary is absolutely crushing Trump when it comes to the millennial vote: The Nation. Not to rub salt into the wound or anything, but Trump's weakness among millennial voters is unprecedented. Indeed, more millennials liked Richard Nixon during the anti-Vietnam war era, than millennials of today like Trump. USA Today.

:)

It's exactly the same as the Brexit vote. Why should the Millennials be so important? Should everyone pander to them and their sometimes slightly naive "why can't we all just get along in a nice rainbow colored community of nations, all living together in harmony" (which is how they saw the EU, and what they apparently seem to imagine the Hillary to be like)? The "Millennials" (or the equivalent) during the Nixon and Vietnam era were strongly anti-war; the Millennials For Hillary" seem to agree with her absurd sabre-rattling belligerence. Today's Millennials would I feel be a sad disappointment to those who campaigned against LBJ, RMN and Vietnam.

I doubt the "Millenials" are too interested in political activism at all. Nor is the greater population. Otherwise the rubbish being elected would not get a look-in.

• Like 1

Speaking of rubbish politicians, I just saw a news story of a highly paid politician who failed to pay council rates for three years, and cadged the money to do so, from her party. She explained it was a case of a "single mother, doing it tough".  All I can say is........

Image result for vomiting emoticon

Edited by Habitat

3 hours ago, Kismit said:

Hey I'm a Victorian Mexican. I just live in  NZ

A Victorian living in NZ!  Geez all you needed was to be married to a Queenslander and you would have hit a trifecta of misfortunes.  :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

A Victorian living in NZ!  Geez all you needed was to be married to a Queenslander and you would have hit a trifecta of misfortunes.  :lol:

Not true, they could support NSW in the Origin.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

It's exactly the same as the Brexit vote. Why should the Millennials be so important? Should everyone pander to them and their sometimes slightly naive "why can't we all just get along in a nice rainbow colored community of nations, all living together in harmony" (which is how they saw the EU, and what they apparently seem to imagine the Hillary to be like)? The "Millennials" (or the equivalent) during the Nixon and Vietnam era were strongly anti-war; the Millennials For Hillary" seem to agree with her absurd sabre-rattling belligerence. Today's Millennials would I feel be a sad disappointment to those who campaigned against LBJ, RMN and Vietnam.

I wouldn't paint American millennials with such a wide brush as they represent a very diverse group. Not all share the same liberal views. As for why they're so important, they are a powerful voting bloc, large enough to sway an entire election.

• Like 2

U.S. court deals Trump a setback in fight over poll monitors.

In a blow to Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, a U.S. judge on Thursday upheld a Pennsylvania state law that could make it difficult for his supporters to monitor Election Day activity in Democratic-leaning areas.

Trump has repeatedly said Tuesday's presidential election may be rigged, and has urged supporters to keep an eye out for signs of voting fraud in Philadelphia and other heavily Democratic areas. Democrats worry that could encourage Trump supporters to harass Hispanics, African-Americans and other minority voters in a state that could determine whether Trump or his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, wins the presidency.

Democrats have launched a legal blitz of their own in an attempt to shut down Trump's poll-watching efforts in Pennsylvania and three other battleground states, arguing in lawsuits that Republican monitoring efforts amount to "vigilante voter intimidation" that violates federal law. Democrats are also trying to stop the Republican National Committee from supporting the poll-watching efforts of the Trump campaign or state parties. Those cases have not yet been resolved.

Read more: Reuters

• Like 2

23 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

It happened and it did. Do you know how many people claimed they voted  ten times for Obama and got away with it. And most dead people that voted were democrats. The SC should pass a law voter`s ID  

Again it does happen and the Supreme Court should pass a law  only someone s  can only vote with their own ID

Edited by docyabut2

16 minutes ago, Clair said:

U.S. court deals Trump a setback in fight over poll monitors.

In a blow to Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, a U.S. judge on Thursday upheld a Pennsylvania state law that could make it difficult for his supporters to monitor Election Day activity in Democratic-leaning areas.

Trump has repeatedly said Tuesday's presidential election may be rigged, and has urged supporters to keep an eye out for signs of voting fraud in Philadelphia and other heavily Democratic areas. Democrats worry that could encourage Trump supporters to harass Hispanics, African-Americans and other minority voters in a state that could determine whether Trump or his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, wins the presidency.

Democrats have launched a legal blitz of their own in an attempt to shut down Trump's poll-watching efforts in Pennsylvania and three other battleground states, arguing in lawsuits that Republican monitoring efforts amount to "vigilante voter intimidation" that violates federal law. Democrats are also trying to stop the Republican National Committee from supporting the poll-watching efforts of the Trump campaign or state parties. Those cases have not yet been resolved.

Read more: Reuters

The OSCE is sending a record number of observers thankfully we'll have some outside eyes on this election to observe those pesky hanging chads. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lilly said:

That seems to smack more of administrative and maintenance incompetence. But fraud is reported every election, it happens, it usually gets caught. But that widespread rigging that Trump was whining about until he started catching up of course, is next to impossible.

• Like 1

The naivety of you people who seem to believe in the integrity and trustworthiness of the American democratic system (and perhaps even the "Democratic" Party) does make me smile sardonically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aquatus1 said:

Everyone has something that makes them smile.  For me, it is proud cynicism mistaken for wittiness.

Are you seriously trying to say you can look at the American political system and all the machinations of the Establishment and the way that the media has given up any pretense of just reporting the news and not feel cynical? Do you really trust it? Any of it? 

Not trusting in something does not equate to being cynical about everything.  Mistaking the two is a common error of those for whom it is their first time noticing such things, i.e. a lack of experience.  Thinking that one is supposed to trust the establishment and the media to not be bias is a lack of wisdom.  Thinking "all of it" is actually some sort of homogeneous "all" is a lack of judgment.

The lack of judgement, wisdom, and experience?  Well...that's naivete.

Mistaking the two is a common error of those for whom it is their first time noticing such things, i.e. a lack of experience

Mightn't it be just the opposite, and it be experience than brings the realization that in the whole thing is irredeemably corrupted ?

Edited by Grand Moff Tarkin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

. Mightn't it be just the opposite, and it be experience than brings the realization that in the whole thing is irredeemably corrupted ?

That;s just the point, there's no way you can see or even think you see the "whole thing". Or are qualified to judge it irredeemable or corrupted.

5 hours ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Mightn't it be just the opposite, and it be experience than brings the realization that in the whole thing is irredeemably corrupted ?

If you think you know what there is to know about something, then come to a realization and tell yourself "Gee, I was naive for thinking that.  Good thing I know better now."...don't you think you are putting yourself in pretty much the same position you were in before, with just a different opinion?

Opinions come and go, but behavior doesn't lie.  Before, you were confident in your opinion, based on your experience, and now you are similarly confident in your opinion, again, based on your experience.  But if your actions are identical to what they were before, what have you really learned?

Edited by aquatus1

8 hours ago, ninjadude said:

That;s just the point, there's no way you can see or even think you see the "whole thing". Or are qualified to judge it irredeemable or corrupted.

The fact that H. Clinton won by a landslide for the nomination over her rival says all anyone needs to know, I think.