Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Assange about to be arrested?

Ashotep

7 hours ago, Poppi said:

Worrying JA may trade his secrets for his freedom. ..Those secrets are keeping him alive...hillary wants to murder the guy.

The normal's need JA info, otherwise will be - deny, deny, deny - by the usual suspect.

It's extremely unlikely that Assange is involved in the hacks. Our government believes him to be merely a conduit, used to disseminate the information by whoever it was that obtained it in the first place. His links to Russia have long been established, although there is no way of proving at this point that he knows specifically who his source is. I doubt he has many 'trade secrets' to bargain with, and even if he did, he's probably long past the stage where anyone will want to strike a deal with him.

• Like 2

I wasn't familiar with what actual evidence there was (is) on Mr Assange being some type of sex offender...so I looked into it.

Here's an overview: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-11949341

Now, all this seems rather circumstantial, it could be true or it could be false. Considering what WikiLeaks does it's not a stretch that some very powerful people might not have set him up. Or, it could be a case of a very powerful man thinking he can just do as he pleases.

As for trading secrets, who knows what Mr Assange might know (and on whom). Frankly, I'd say he's walking around with a very large target on his back at this point.

• Like 2

Assange's stated reason for holing up in that embassy is his fear of being extradited to the US. Is his conspiracy theory correct?

Highly doubtful. Sweden’s extradition agreement with the United States, signed in 1961 and updated in 1983, prohibits extradition on the basis of "a political offense" or "an offense connected with a political offense." The agreement does not specify what constitutes a "political offense." Whether the Swedish supreme court would rule to extradite Assange largely depends on what charges the secret U.S. grand jury brings against him.

If Assange is accused of espionage, Sweden most certainly would not comply, as its courts have consistently determined that espionage constitutes a political offense. For example, in 1992 Sweden refused to extradite Edward Lee Howard, the only CIA agent to defect to the Soviet Union, to the United States. Charged with espionage, Swedish courts ruled that those accusations amounted to the kind of "political offense" specified in the extradition agreement.

But that legal gray area also threatens Assange’s legal prospects. The U.S. Justice Department is surely aware of these restrictions and precedents and may instead slap Assange with a more creative set of charges — cyber crime or theft, perhaps.

He would still have some recourse under the Swedish legal system, however. When Assange first went into hiding, Foreign Policy discussed his case with UIf Wallentheim, the director of the division for criminal cases and international judicial cooperation at the Swedish Ministry of Justice. He said that Swedish courts tend to see through such ploys to circumvent Swedish extradition agreements’ exceptions. Swedish judges often examine a case’s underlying factors when making their determinations, he said.

Source: Foreign Policy

• Like 1

If I had emails that I sent or received that could be a threat to this country you know the government would use them agents me and give them out to the media to prove their point. Even though they were my private emails. So the government hacked my emails in the name of national security and there's no problem. But if someone else hacks the people's emails that run our government showing how they lie, cheat, steal, and threaten the safety of the American people, it's a problem.  Sounds like a double standard. 

• Like 6

Security for Emails only goes as far as encryption ... as far as 'Security' goes in relation to Emails, or any form of digital communication fro that matter, is just merely a nom de plume for the sake of categorizing networking standards ...

~

1 hour ago, Clair said:

If the objective is to 'take out the trash' then it's our responsibility to do so, and come next month we will have decided what trash goes to the dump and what trash gets recycled,. Furthermore, what you or anyone else thinks of the targeted candidate in no way make what's happening right. Indeed, if it were happening instead to Trump, you and others would no doubt be crying foul.

Assange said he has some of Trump's emails but there are no surprises, its nothing he hasn't said in public.  So with Trump what you see is what you get.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Clair said:

Assange's stated reason for holing up in that embassy is his fear of being extradited to the US. Is his conspiracy theory correct?

But Assange is not in Sweden, he is in the UK.

11 hours ago, Zenith said:

And people can't close their eyes to the fact that there are people hacking our government and trying to influence our political elections.

Can't be influencing our elections with the truth.  That wouldn't do at all.

I don't like hackers that steal people's identity or their money but I'm glad I know the truth about Hillary and her campaign.  If we didn't have a system that lets people like her walk I guess I wouldn't like these leaks at all.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

But Assange is not in Sweden, he is in the UK.

Assange will be arrested by UK police for breaching his bail conditions as soon as he steps out of the Ecuadorian embassy. He will first have to face that charge before being extradited to Sweden where authorities want to question him on the rape (and other) allegations that have been brought against him.

Assange maintains that the allegations are all part of some ruse to have him extradited to the US where he might face the death penalty. It's important to note that the US has not filed any such extradition request. Besides, if we really wanted him, we could have nabbed the little coward long before he sought refuge at the Ecuadorian embassy. Furthermore, in breaking the conditions of his bail, he did so without consideration of his various supporters who paid more than $300,000 in sureties and cash so that he could be granted bail in the first place.

Edited by Clair
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Clair said:

Yes, they are supposed to be serving the American public, yet I do not see that as a rationale for making their private discussions public, especially for the whole world to see, Furthermore, Wikileaks has indeed released emails that were personal and private in nature and had absolutely nothing to do with government business. Their wholesale leakage of data is fundamentally wrong and at times dangerous. And nothing, absolutely nothing, can justify their attempts to interfere in our election process. We get so caught up in the evisceration of one of our presidential candidates, that we forget who stole that information, how they stole it, and why.

Your last statement says it all. It's really about how the information was stolen. Assange is a hacker. Wiki leaks was a dump sight for anonymous hackers and whistler blowers to make public both private and security information. 

This is worse than Snowden IMO. Assange has hacker followers from all over the world who not only have the capabilities of creating new viruses and such to shutdown targeted DNS networks and media, but also breaking into International security systems. 

People don't realize that this is more than an apparent political game. They can release bits of emails out of context or manipulate them towards their own ends for whatever reasons or affiliations that they have. 

More importantly is the fact that they are achieving hacks to enter US Homeland and Interpol  surveillance systems and maybe even the department of Defense systems as well as electronic banking and identity theft!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Clair said:

If the objective is to 'take out the trash' then it's our responsibility to do so, and come next month we will have decided what trash goes to the  dump and what trash gets recycled,. Furthermore, what you or anyone else thinks of the targeted candidate in no way make what's happening right. Indeed, if it were happening instead to Trump, you and others would no doubt be crying foul.

Oh there are many crying foul, that is for sure.  It is the foul stench rising from the criminal Clinton corruption machine that wrinkles their noses and waters their eyes.

What is stunning is how many others call for the killing of messengers and continued suppression of truth.  Once a central tenet of American values, truth has been beaten, bound, and gagged by a desperate and confused populace enslaved by ruthless thugs and belipstick'd swine.

Someone famous once said: "You shall know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free".

Today, that person would find himself "suicided" with two bullets in the back of his head.  Hmmm

15 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Oh there are many crying foul, that is for sure.  It is the foul stench rising from the criminal Clinton corruption machine that wrinkles their noses and waters their eyes.

What is stunning is how many others call for the killing of messengers and continued suppression of truth.  Once a central tenet of American values, truth has been beaten, bound, and gagged by a desperate and confused populace enslaved by ruthless thugs and belipstick'd swine.

Someone famous once said: "You shall know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free".

Today, that person would find himself "suicided" with two bullets in the back of his head.  Hmmm

Like it or not a 'foul stench' emanates from both candidates, neither of whom is more virtuous than the other. As for those objecting to the hacks, they go far beyond the Clinton group and include not just Republicans, but also other Americans who are objecting not to the truth in and of itself, but how and why that truth was obtained.

Your dramatic claims of murder, subterfuge and other violent means of suppressing the truth are a tad over the top by the way, but if you have any evidence to prove otherwise, then by all means present it.

Edited by Clair
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Clair said:

Like it or not a 'foul stench' emanates from both candidates, neither of whom is more virtuous than the other. As for those objecting to the hacks, they go far beyond the Clinton group and include not just Republicans, but also other Americans who are objecting not to the truth in and of itself, but how and why that truth was obtained.

Your dramatic claims of murder, subterfuge and other violent means of suppressing the truth are a tad over the top by the way, but if you have any evidence to prove otherwise, then by all means present it.

If the revealing of truth results in the downfall of either one or both candidates, so be it.  Only one of them, however, has already been at the helm of a disastrous foreign policy regime that has resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands and the anguishing dislocation of millions.  There is a sprawling`apparatus of 'foreign policy experts' within DC who do nothing but plan such criminal activities and they are salivating at the prospect of their "Whore of Babylon" reaching the Oval Office.

It seems rather silly to demand "evidence" from me when it is all around for anyone to see...anyone who is willing to pull their head from the sand and anywhere else they might keep it, that is.

Edited by hacktorp

I'm sorry but I am sooooo tired of our government (the people who are supposed to be working for us) lying their ass's off to us and the MSM covering it up that I don't care where the truth comes from anymore. Someone just tell us the truth. I know Trump is a loud mouth, but if all they can come up with is the garbage talk while ignoring all the corrupt Clinton scandals, that's lying to all of us (on the part of the MSM).

i was in my mid 20's when the Clinton's first arrived in the White House. I witnessed all Bill and Hillary's misdeeds. The past few months I gone back researching them from the 70's until now. It'll really scare the hell out of you looking back at the decades of this couple. I don't recommend this to the "progressives" though. It might shatter your dreams.

• Like 1

With all of the manufactured hysteria surrounding claims by the Hillbots and Clintonistas that Russia is behind the DNC leaks, there is a growing awareness that those leaks likely originated right there in the US.

NSA Whistleblower: US Intelligence Worker Likely Behind DNC Leaks, Not Russia

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-22/nsa-whistleblower-us-intelligence-worker-likely-behind-dnc-leaks-not-russia

Is it treason, then, to reveal the truth?  In the Empire of Lies?

You may be shocked to find that many consider it patriotic.

Edited by hacktorp
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

With all of the manufactured hysteria surrounding claims by the Hillbots and Clintonistas that Russia is behind the DNC leaks, there is a growing awareness that those leaks likely originated right there in the US.

NSA Whistleblower: US Intelligence Worker Likely Behind DNC Leaks, Not Russia

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-22/nsa-whistleblower-us-intelligence-worker-likely-behind-dnc-leaks-not-russia

Is it treason, then, to reveal the truth?  In the Empire of Lies?

You may be shocked to find that many consider it patriotic.

And of course Brietbart is behind that one LMAO.

12 minutes ago, Zenith said:

And of course Brietbart is behind that one LMAO.

Sorry, no news agency is "behind" the truth...only the suppression of it.

So yes, you are Lying Your Ass Off

Just now, hacktorp said:

Sorry, no news agency is "behind" the truth...only the suppression of it.

So yes, you are Lying Your Ass Off

Since when was some idiot's speculation the truth?

4 minutes ago, Zenith said:

Clearly for you, it was the moment you swallowed the "Russia did it" nonsense hook, line, and sinker.

1 minute ago, hacktorp said:

Clearly for you, it was the moment you swallowed the "Russia did it" nonsense hook, line, and sinker.

Resorting to childish comebacks now are we? If the truth is that the hackers are U.S. based then I want to see your evidence. And no, someone's OPINION is NOT evidence.

9 minutes ago, Zenith said:

Resorting to childish comebacks now are we? If the truth is that the hackers are U.S. based then I want to see your evidence. And no, someone's OPINION is NOT evidence.

You'd do well and better if you swallowed your own advice and morsels of wisdom ...

20 minutes ago, Zenith said:

~

Speculations aside ... what you present is as bad if not worse ...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zenith said:

I'm sorry...are you feeling micro-aggressed?  Much has been written about where the largest and most complete storage of virtually ALL electronic communications resides...and it is in the US.

You'd have to venture outside your safe-space to find those writings, however.

Edited by hacktorp

5 hours ago, Clair said:

Assange will be arrested by UK police for breaching his bail conditions as soon as he steps out of the Ecuadorian embassy. He will first have to face that charge before being extradited to Sweden where authorities want to question him on the rape (and other) allegations that have been brought against him.

it's pretty obvious that the trumped up charges against him are politically motivated and part of a plan to punish him
for his leadership in the WikiLeaks organization - and to try and put him out of action as much as possible and if he says
that the secret agenda is to get him to Sweden so he can then be extradited to the US then this is almost certainly 100%
true -- it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that this is exactly what would happen - then he could be incarcerated
for life --- which from what you have said about him would be fine by you --- but it isn't fine by him or anyone who supports
the work of Wikileaks for exposing the truth about lots of things that we would otherwise know nothing about --
perhaps you think it's better that the public don't know the things that WikiLeaks have released..?

5 hours ago, Clair said:

Assange maintains that the allegations are all part of some ruse to have him extradited to the US where he might face the death penalty. It's important to note that the US has not filed any such extradition request. Besides, if we really wanted him, we could have nabbed the little coward long before he sought refuge at the Ecuadorian embassy. Furthermore, in breaking the conditions of his bail, he did so without consideration of his various supporters who paid more than $300,000 in sureties and cash so that he could be granted bail in the first place.

really ---- so you and 'your' henchmen could have nabbed him while he was in Britain...?...how would you have done this..?
oh you want him ---- you want him real bad --- real REAL bad after the recent email releases...so don't pretend you don't -

and as for what you said about the bail money --- I'm sure his supporters think it's money well spent to keep him out of
'your' clutches --- and stop him being incarcerated or worse ---

11 minutes ago, bee said:

it's pretty obvious that the trumped up charges against him are politically motivated and part of a plan to punish him
for his leadership in the WikiLeaks organization - and to try and put him out of action as much as possible and if he says
that the secret agenda is to get him to Sweden so he can then be extradited to the US then this is almost certainly 100%
true -- it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that this is exactly what would happen - then he could be incarcerated
for life --- which from what you have said about him would be fine by you --- but it isn't fine by him or anyone who supports
the work of Wikileaks for exposing the truth about lots of things that we would otherwise know nothing about --
perhaps you think it's better that the public don't know the things that WikiLeaks have released..?

Really? And your evidence? Because as it stands now, Swedish law when it comes to extradition is in his favor, not ours.

12 minutes ago, bee said:

really ---- so you and 'your' henchmen could have nabbed him while he was in Britain...?...how would you have done this..?
oh you want him ---- you want him real bad --- real REAL bad after the recent email releases...so don't pretend you don't -

and as for what you said about the bail money --- I'm sure his supporters think it's money well spent to keep him out of
'your' clutches --- and stop him being incarcerated or worse ---

We want the hackers not their piddling little errand boys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hacktorp said:

It seems rather silly to demand "evidence" from me when it is all around for anyone to see...anyone who is willing to pull their head from the sand and anywhere else they might keep it, that is.

And if we were to pull out heads from the sand, what would we see exactly? "... others [calling] for the killing of messengers"? Someone being "suicided with two bullets in the back of his head"? You've made some extreme claims, and I see nothing "silly' in requesting evidence to support them.

• Like 1