Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christ's Burial Place Exposed to Light of Day

Claire.

Christ's Burial Place Exposed for First Time in Centuries

For the first time in centuries, scientists have exposed the original surface of what is traditionally considered the tomb of Jesus Christ. Located in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in the Old City of Jerusalem, the tomb has been covered by marble cladding since at least 1555 A.D., and most likely centuries earlier.

Read more: National Geographic

• Like 7

I dunno ... nothing good will come of this I suspect ...

~

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

Hmm,..Illuminati, World domination and sacrificing virgins,.. or finding out that it's not real? :lol:

jmccr8

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

Are you afraid the wrath of the Lord is going to come down on the heads of the archeologists?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hmm,..Illuminati, World domination and sacrificing virgins,.. or finding out that it's not real? :lol:

jmccr8

You know that's always bad news don't you ?

Anyways ... except for Dan Brown writing another one of his best sellers I don't see how this changes anything ... :lol:

12 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Are you afraid the wrath of the Lord is going to come down on the heads of the archeologists?

Hehehheh actually that would be a good thing as it settles some things one way or another ... and funny too come to think of it ...

but sadly I think in all seriousness if some idiot start going fanatic over whatever the discoveries, its gonna engender and breed more of the other and the same ...

~

• Like 4

It's just for reasons of conservation. I don't think anyone expected to find anything down there, and the fact that they didn't is of no consequence as the tomb's significance goes beyond that. Most important, considering no one has seen it for centuries, we're very fortunate to get a glimpse inside.

• Like 7

I thought Jesus rose again and ascended to heaven?

I think the BIBLE got it wrong then...

• Like 2

I tell you a truth ""fortunate to get a glimpse"" .... Sheeze don't know why I haven't heard of this or was up on it, THANKS!  New news is awesome ? ah cool ? how about SUPER ! yes that will do. organisten-smiley.gif?1292867648

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, seeder said:

I thought Jesus rose again and ascended to heaven?

I think the BIBLE got it wrong then...

I guess one could argue that since he isn't in the tomb...

• Like 3

Oh my word, please ... no no! then everyone will be in here, I can't keep up as it is, last time to ACTIVITY Pg. it was like 114

• Like 2

So eventually he did die? Who knew? I thought he was still among us, whispering in our ears.

I prefer to believe in Harry Potter, it seems more genuine than anything religious from any religion. Religopium is a drug that can kill.

• Like 3

I wonder if they'll look for blood stains?

• Like 2

religious nut cases is going to have a field day on this one, praying for days now, oh its jesus stone, if i touch it i might be healed, or some bs like that

• Like 2

oh..... .. was quickly reading through all these, ... thought at a glance that said Daniel was buried in three days,

,,, obviously not what it said.spc_spilldrink_100-101.gif?w=150&h=88

• Like 1

7 hours ago, danielost said:

he was buried for three days.

It was closer to two. He died "Friday" night and rose on Easter Sunday. Three nights, two days.

• Like 1

@skliss
Agreed,no reason to hate on religion. Personally, I'd much rather deal with a bunch of religious nuts than a bunch of jihadists.

• Like 1

If this was legit, I'm sure The Vatican would be all over this trying to move it to their little country.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paperdyer said:

If this was legit, I'm sure The Vatican would be all over this trying to move it to their little country.

Here's an explanation about the custody of the site and how it's controlled and managed. The Catholic Church is just once voice among several. There is no way the site can be moved or will be moved.

The Church of the Holy Sepulchre (also known as the Church of the Resurrection) is currently under the custody of six Christian sects. Three major groups—the Greek Orthodox Church, the Roman Catholic Church, and the Armenian Orthodox Church—maintain primary control over the site, and the Coptic, Ethiopian Orthodox, and Syriac communities also have a presence there. Parts of the church that are considered common areas of worship for all of the sects, including the tomb, are regulated by a Status Quo agreement that requires the consent of all of the custodial churches.

• Like 2

And disagreements regarding consent or custody at times is settled with the fists ...

~

~

• Like 1

On 10/30/2016 at 9:44 AM, 4shr said:

Why is Jesus always shown on a cross??? its say right there in Acts 5:30 that he was hung from a tree! People fall for anything...

Because some scriptures were written in different languages. Acts used a word that meant tree, and lumber, and wood. Thus it is a translation issue. 

• Like 2

Update -

Unsealing of Christ's Reputed Tomb Turns Up New Revelations

For just 60 hours, researchers had the opportunity to examine the holiest site in Christianity. Here's what they found.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/10/jesus-christ-tomb-burial-church-holy-sepulchre/

• Like 5