Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Time Is It?

Poppi

If the clock read 8:45, and someone asked what time it is- i'd say "quarter to nine", or "eight forty five". If it was 8:10, it'd be "ten past/after eight". If it were 8:30- "half past eight".

Have heard some peeps from around the world express the time, and i'm like...what?

? now what's this ... something new ?  Oh, ... yeah, quarter to, half-past, sure ! now the others I might not have heard.  Hmmmm might have to look in to this or as I say while trying to fix something .. I'll get back to you on that, it might require a bit of expensive research :  D

Edited by MWoo7

Just now, White-Coyote said:

It's Miller time

Posting as the 45 year old man that I am, I probably should have led with that one instead of what I did post.

• Like 1

Spies ... ? mexican ah Spanish .. busted, hmmm only thing I can vaguely relate is some book called brainwashing .... lets see, the thrust, point, topic yes back to topic ... LOVE THE MILLER TIME, but for some, Pinot Noir TIME !

" Posting as the 45 year old man that I am, I probably should have led with that one instead of what I did post. "

Ahh, 45. That was a good year...The borders were strong, and the sun shined 25 hours a day.

• Like 3

In case anyone missed that ... Pinot Noir TIME !       )                )  )        WOO-HOO!   musicien11.gifspartying_100-100.gif?w=150&h=150

• Like 2

Lawd, i wish i knew...p.s.- repeating ur joke twice does not make it funnier... Just something i've learned after being so unfunny for so many years...i kid, i kid...

• Like 2

No no, by all means your absolutely right, also, one shouldn't EVER Laugh at their own jokes but I just can't help it.

Regarding::::::

1 minute ago, Poppi said:

Lawd, i wish i knew...p.s.- repeating ur joke twice does not make it funnier... Just something i've learned after being so unfunny for so many years...i kid, i kid...

1 hour ago, MWoo7 said:

GAWD Why couldn't things be back to the old days.   ?

Eat some member berries, all will feel good afterward.

• Like 2

Lucky#13...HAHAHA! Well done. That cracked me up...South Park is the leading edge on social comment...Buckle up buckaroo...HAHAHA

• Like 2

The time here is 19 hundred hours and plus 15

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MWoo7 said:

WOO-HOO!   musicien11.gifspartying_100-100.gif?w=150&h=150

While the thread makes no sense, I just love the emojis!

51 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

The time here is 19 hundred hours and plus 15

0 hundred + 1.

4 hours ago, Poppi said:

It is how spies were weeded out during WW2. What time is it- Cinq et trois. ..busted.

Halb vier, would be a giveaway.

(which means that "half four" in German means half past three, interestingly.)

Any time is pimms o'clock! 

21 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

While the thread makes no sense, I just love the emojis!

Just have to read more than one sentence.

Started of with something like MILLER ! TIME ! WOO HOO !   and so naturally I added mine.  A few times : D

And now its HALLOWEEEEEEN ! well, close enough!

WOO HOO !    )      )

cb02facaf85f749588172e212885e3e1.jpg

Now you get it .... ah best time of the year and just keeps getting better !   If you have kids tell them not to go too far out into the woods or even using shortcuts, things might be out there :::: 7536e45f3da05b2c65e1dff62b4d802f.jpg

spc_spilldrink_100-101.gif?w=150&h=88

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

Its that time where I need to go for a dump

22 minutes ago, Poppi said:

Turns out time is a big dealio, no matter how one looks at it. http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/time

#22- Nice. Were u raised in a barn... Tell us, how'd it go?

Gotta Love the Humor, with regards to TAKING A DUMP ! That's my little brother's fav when they won't dance with him.

I've heard people say - 10 of 7...is that ten to, or ten after?...Have heard other expressions of the clock that i could not understand, but can't remember them all.

My point was- how people express the time, could indicate to locals that  that person is not from these parts.

For example, some Germans might say- it is eleven twelfths to 7 -for 6:55... 6:35 or 25 to seven etc etc.

http://dlc.hypotheses.org/698