Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Adventures Jumps the Shark

Vlawde

I think the show jumped the shark with last night's 2 hour Halloween special, Route 666. We all know they overexaggerate, fake evidence and run around yelling because it supposedly makes for entertaining TV, versus doing an actual paranormal investigation.

last night was WAAAY over the top, even for them. I believe every crew member got possessed at some point during the show. They likely had this all plotted out in advance, and the acting was terrible.  2 hours of my life I'll never get back! The show used to be a guilty pleasure. No more, this was absolutely ridiculous

• Like 3

*Lowers myself in my chair* Is..is it bad that I enjoyed it? I think it was a bit overdramatic, but I was freaked out while watching it. 

• Like 2

I felt deprived and incomplete when Zac was strangling his own neck.....but did not finish the job<_<

• Like 4

Ha! Finally got around to watching it. A whole lotta drama....not much ghost hunting. Feelings aren't evidence.

That's funny Olate. I have it on now. They're chasing some serial killer that was 71 yrs old. She poisoned 8 people for their social security checks. A little Arsenic and Old Lace.

• 1 month later...

So what does this tell us? Why do they "fake" evidence?

Zak Bagans and Ghost Adventures have done 13 seasons encompassing hundreds of investigations.

These men are experienced, these men are on a level some may never arrive at, they've dedicated years and years of their lives to investigating the paranormal.

I acknowledge they may be making up evidence, but I still respect them trying to keep their jobs. In all honesty, if I'd spent my life trying to find proof of the paranormal and come up short every single time, I'd of given up long ago. 

The reason they make up evidence could be simple -- It could be as simple as them not finding evidence, and if men that experienced, that passionate and that dedicated can't find evidence, then maybe that's just because the after-life doesn't exist.

I personally think Zak has given up, I think he has found the answers he sought after.

Truth is, ghosts, goblin and ghoulies don't exist.

• 3 weeks later...

I never cared for Ghost Adventures, as the show always seemed more concerned with ratings rather than proving or disproving the existence of paranormal phenomena. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AustinHinton said:

I never cared for Ghost Adventures, as the show always seemed more concerned with ratings rather than proving or disproving the existence of paranormal phenomena. 

That is every single "paranormal" show out there on TV.  And as for Ghost Adventures jumping the shark, I'm not sure that possible for a any show like that.  They start out on the motorcycle and jump over the water-filled tank filled with sharks every time they broadcast.

• 2 weeks later...

The show is 90℅ entertainment and 10℅, research/interesting back story. It's a fun watch, but not at all to be taken as imperical evidence of the paranormal. "I never believed in ghosts...Until I met one". Or whatever it is. Entertainment.

• Like 1