Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor solution?

Cryptid_Control

1 minute ago, Cryptid_Control said:

Well, glad to see I’ve started some discussion 3 years later. Didn’t realize I had email notifications on until I came home to 100 emails :’) . I honestly didn’t even think of the Caucasian mummy possibility so I guess I’ve got some reading to do tonight 

I wasn't actually expecting to see you but I left a lot of links.

I wish I still had all those stored PDFs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's probably this same reason they don't do DNA testing on George Washington body. I've heard he was an albino pygmy with three arms.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Awlsew said:

Lol.

They could find a Caucasian. After that who knows what would happen.

They bess keep it shut so folks ain't gotta adjust their cladograms 'eh?

What could be worse than cladogram reclassification. 

If they were concerned we'd never find out about it. They have a very 'structured' scientific community

Edited to add: I see Kenement has already explained that in depth

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Plus, I seriously doubt there's anything odd (or non-Chinese) about the first Qin emperor. 

He comes from known family lines AND both his father and mother are recorded.  Given the tenor of the times, if he had not been Chinese, he would never have gained or stayed on the throne. 

There's a lot of interesting drama around him, but as far as I can see, all the depictions of him are pretty standard Chinese and there's no hint that his mother (whose birthplace was known) was Caucasian. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qin_Shi_Huang

No chance he was adopted  or anything. Best to dig up his mummy and do the proper DNA testing to be sure.

Just now, Hanslune said:

If they were concerned we'd never find out about it. They have a very 'structured' scientific community

True. One possible reason they won't open the tomb.

2 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

It's probably this same reason they don't do DNA testing on George Washington body. I've heard he was albino pygmy.

Off topic.

Just now, Awlsew said:

True. One possible reason they won't open the tomb.

No they could open it at any time but simply not allow anyone they didn't want to see the excavation. They have valid reasons for not opening it at the present.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awlsew said:

Off topic.

Quite on topic since you seemed to be thoroughly convinced that people aren't excavating tombs because 'of what they might find' - why are WE not excavating Washington's tomb? What are we hiding?

lol

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

As I said, they'd just cover it up... because they would have been in control of the excavation.  And the mummy could be lost or simply not there.  Not a problem.  

Riiight. Faking history is quite common. Hard to believe in any of it.

Riiight. Faking history is quite common. Hard to believe in any of it.

Only for those with a certain mind set. China might actually not exist....

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Quite on topic since you seemed to be thoroughly convinced that people aren't excavating tombs because 'of what they might find' - why are WE not excavating Washington's tomb? What are we hiding?

lol

Lol. That is another topic. Hey if you believe George Washington isn't what we think he was consider starting another thread about it.

Only for those with a certain mind set. China might actually not exist....

My shoes say: 'made in China'. Clearly China exists.

6 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

No they could open it at any time but simply not allow anyone they didn't want to see the excavation. They have valid reasons for not opening it at the present.

Are all of these 'valid reasons' known to all?

My shoes say: 'made in China'. Clearly China exists.

Nope faked by Japanese Yakuza.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Awlsew said:

Are all of these 'valid reasons' known to all?

Already explained . If you don't know what they are why are stating they are invalid? As a matter of fact also giving out 'real reasons' ithat it is to hide the white guy who by wearing heavy makeup roll played being Emperor.

• Like 2

Already explained . If you don't know what they are why are stating they are invalid? As a matter of fact also giving out 'real reasons' ithat it is to hide the white guy who by wearing heavy makeup roll played being Emperor.

The question of the original post of this thread was if there were other reasons as to why they won't open the tomb. Could there be other reasons as to why they won't open the tomb, or are all the reasons why they won't open the tomb publicly known?

Edited by Awlsew
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Nope faked by Japanese Yakuza.

You better sleep with you eyes open G.I. Joe. :o

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

The question of the original post of this thread was if there were other reasons as to why they won't open the tomb. Could there be other reasons as to why they won't open the tomb, or are all the reasons why they won't open the tomb publicly known?

Contamination, accidental destruction. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

Precisely. I grew up hearing that if we tried to excavate we’d destroy it, but with technology now I just don’t see that being the hugest issue anymore. Budget for it maybe, but it should be possible. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Yes. But are those the only reasons? 

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Accidental destruction could be said for almost any site. Sending in a drone or robot with a camera shouldn’t cause contamination of air locks are done properly. I can still see why the Chinese gov would still be wary of both though 

• Like 2

Just now, Cryptid_Control said:

Accidental destruction could be said for almost any site. Sending in a drone or robot with a camera shouldn’t cause contamination of air locks are done properly. I can still see why the Chinese gov would still be wary of both though 

We use to have to put the dugout canoes we pulled out of swamps directly into a tank of glycerin. Wood degrades fast when it hits the air. Along with many types of pigments and lacquers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

SCREW ATLANTIS!!!!!!!!:o

Edited by Piney
**** Atlantis
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

Yes. But are those the only reasons? 

Don't know. I'm not in their heads.