Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor solution?

Cryptid_Control

4 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

And yet, YOU made the claim about DNA. Perhaps you should shy away from anything genetically related. 

cormac

I claimed his DNA would show his caucasian features. Simple as that.

2 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

That is why I said his DNA would show his caucasian features

You said "Caucasian DNA" in the original post I replied to. Just admit your error and move on. 

cormac

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

You said "Caucasian DNA" in the original post I replied to. Just admit your error and move on. 

cormac

We understand your efforts with the specific classifications.

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Just admit your error and move on. 

cormac

Again, I said 'Caucasian DNA' with the meaning that his DNA would show caucasian features.

Do you understand now?

2 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

We understand your efforts with the specific classifications.

Good for you. Most everyone who knows me here knows exactly what I'm talking about. 

cormac

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Awlsew said:

Again, I said 'Caucasian DNA' with the meaning that his DNA would show caucasian features.

Do you understand now?

I know you misapplied the mention of DNA. 

cormac

• Like 3

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

I know you misapplied the mention of DNA. 

cormac

I was using it as an adjective, you took it as a noun. No worries.

19 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

Example Results for a Person of Caucasian (European) Ancestry

http://www.dnatribes.com/sample_caucasian.php

Thats a link demonstrating what I was meaning when I stated: 'Caucasian DNA'.

But here's what's found in Asia.

https://www.eupedia.com/genetics/andronovo_culture.shtml

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

Example Results for a Person of Caucasian (European) Ancestry

http://www.dnatribes.com/sample_caucasian.php

Thats a link demonstrating what I was meaning when I stated: 'Caucasian DNA'.

That's Autosomal DNA analysis which I already know about and which is only good for about 8 generations. That doesn't go as far back as Mitochondrial (mt) DNA or Y Chromosome DNA which go back 10s of thousands of years. Nothing in the above can be classified as "Caucasian DNA". 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

That's Autosomal DNA analysis which I already know about and which is only good for about 8 generations. That doesn't go as far back as Mitochondrial (mt) DNA or Y Chromosome DNA which go back 10s of thousands of years. Nothing in the above can be classified as "Caucasian DNA". 

cormac

Folks, other than me, use the idea of 'Caucasian DNA'. 

4 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

Folks, other than me, use the idea of 'Caucasian DNA'. 

Promoting something wrong doesn't make it right just because someone else did it too. Journalists are terrible at genetic fact presentation. 

cormac

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Journalists are terrible at genetic fact presentation. 

As with archaeological and historical fact presentation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Promoting something wrong doesn't make it right just because someone else did it too. Journalists are terrible at genetic fact presentation. 

cormac

Promoting? Not what I am doing with 'Caucasian DNA'.

What I am promoting is a possible reason as to why the Chinese wont open the tomb of Qin.

The mention of 'Caucasian DNA' is simply a detail of the supposition presented in this thread.

30 minutes ago, Piney said:

As with archaeological and historical fact presentation. 

Folks gots separate sets of cladograms.

There are many variations of DNA within the overall group of people you are referring to as "Caucasian."

Some of those variations appear in some subsets of your grouping while not in other subsets.

Some of those same variations appear in sets of populations that you would in no way refer to as "Caucasian."

What you think of as "Caucasian DNA" actually doesn't even come from the Caucasus region.

These are some of the reasons that science recognizes that race is certainly no way to classify humans.

That said, I'd agree that a mummy in the mausoleum under discussion could be what you consider to be "Caucasian."

The question is, would the mere fear that this might be the case prevent the Chinese from excavating? I say that's a load of horse****.

Harte

Edited by Harte
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, Harte said:

There are many variations of DNA within the overall group of people you are referring to as "Caucasian."

Harte

Yes, I never said there was only one 'group'.

40 minutes ago, Harte said:

The question is, would the mere fear that this might be the case prevent the Chinese from excavating? I say that's a load of horse****.

Harte

Sure. The Chinese would love to present a caucasian as their greatest emporer, and love to prove to everyone that their ancestors bowed down to a caucasian.

*disclaimer- the above post is an opinion based on previoulsy found caucasian mummies in China

Edited by Awlsew

2 hours ago, Awlsew said:

Sure. The Chinese would love to present a caucasian as their greatest emporer, and love to prove to everyone that their ancestors bowed down to a caucasian.

*disclaimer- the above post is an opinion based on previoulsy found caucasian mummies in China

So you believe that the Chinese harbor a secret fear that their first emperor was Caucasian?

On what do you base this remarkable opinion?

Harte

Edited by Harte
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Harte said:

So you believe that the Chinese harbor a secret fear that their first emperor was Caucasian?

Considering the histories, genealogies  and locations of ethnic groups involved......no

Like I said before. The Iranians of Xinjiang were pretty far away from the center of Han culture so the whole theory is stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Harte said:

On what do you base this remarkable opinion?

Harte

The Dead Tell a Tale China Doesn’t Care to Listen To

URUMQI, China — An exhibit on the first floor of the museum here gives the government’s unambiguous take on the history of this border region: “Xinjiang has been an inalienable part of the territory of China,” says one prominent sign.

But walk upstairs to the second floor, and the ancient corpses on display seem to tell a different story.

One called the Loulan Beauty lies on her back with her shoulder-length hair matted down, her lips pursed in death, her high cheekbones and long nose the most obvious signs that she is not what one thinks of as Chinese.

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/world/asia/19mummy.html

8 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

The Dead Tell a Tale China Doesn’t Care to Listen To

URUMQI, China — An exhibit on the first floor of the museum here gives the government’s unambiguous take on the history of this border region: “Xinjiang has been an inalienable part of the territory of China,” says one prominent sign.

But walk upstairs to the second floor, and the ancient corpses on display seem to tell a different story.

One called the Loulan Beauty lies on her back with her shoulder-length hair matted down, her lips pursed in death, her high cheekbones and long nose the most obvious signs that she is not what one thinks of as Chinese.

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/world/asia/19mummy.html

You don't have a clue how far apart the Han and Eastern Iranians lived. You also don't realize the Eastern Iranians had a nomadic culture and religion and had no interest in building cities or farming. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

You don't have a clue how far apart the Han and Eastern Iranians lived. You also don't realize the Eastern Iranians had a nomadic culture and religion and had no interest in building cities or farming. 

I isn't about a particular culture. It is about particular individuals.

1 minute ago, Awlsew said:

I isn't about a particular culture. It is about particular individuals.

Like I said before. I studied the Andronovo Horizon.  I studied and traveled in Xinjiang and Siberia and I studied in Songshan.  I've been all over China. 

Your idea has zero credibility and I no longer wish to discuss it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2