Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor solution?

Cryptid_Control

2 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

The Chinese do not follow standard archaeology practices. 

Proof please? :whistle:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Awlsew said:

How do you know that the Chinese don't dig for the same reasons you don't dig.

I'm far from an insider, never claimed to be.

Remember, I am irrelevant. Information is all that matters.

I gave you the reasons we wouldn't dig a site here in America (or most of them.)   I said these were the likely reasons they wouldn't dig up the site.

You came back with "afraid of finding a Caucasian mummy" as your only response (again) and rejected the reasons that those of us who have field experience said would be reasons to not dig.  In order to prove your idea, you will have to show proof of several cases where they've destroyed Caucasian mummies and artifacts in order to conceal their history.

Otherwise, the "won't dig up because they're afraid of finding Caucasians" can be rejected in favor of the likeliest explanation from archaeologists: "too expensive, and a dig that's both huge and complex, and is very dangerous given the likelihood of the collapse of any tunnels built to reach the tomb.  And the government isn't interested in spending money on a 50-75 year dig project and their universities don't have the money to fund such an expedition.") 

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Proof please? :whistle:

There is no proof that they do follow standard practices. If the Chinese today in 2019 are ignoring Tiananmen Square(1989), then clearly their view of history is far different than us in the West.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

I gave you the reasons we wouldn't dig a site here in America (or most of them.) 

Off Topic.

This thread is about China and the tomb of Qin.

Consider focusing on that in this thread.

• Confused 1

Just now, Awlsew said:

Off Topic.

Consider re-reading what you said to me.  I responded to that.  If you feel it was off-topic, then the comment I responded to was also off-topic.  And if you've forgotten, you maintained the reason they don't dig is there's Caucasians in the dirt and I said the reason they don't dig is the reason any archaeologist wouldn't dig and you asked what were those reasons.  I gave them to you.

You don't get to play moderator.  If you think a thread is going off-topic, then you need to respond to a post with a point that takes it back on topic.... which in this case is the Mausoleum of the first Qin Emperor and why nobody's dug it up.

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

There is no proof that they do follow standard practices. If the Chinese today in 2019 are ignoring Tiananmen Square(1989), then clearly their view of history is far different than us in the West.

Have you ever heard of any Chinese archaeologist looting graves, gluing animal parts on them and calling them "alien"? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

Off Topic.

Fake off topic claim. If you don't know what you are talking about and cannot defend your claims don't make weak claims.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kenemet said:

Consider re-reading what you said to me.  I responded to that.  If you feel it was off-topic, then the comment I responded to was also off-topic. 

What I have said to you in this thread is about ancient China. What I have said to you in other threads is irrelavent to this particular thread.

Again, it isn't about me.

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Have you ever heard of any Chinese archaeologist looting graves, gluing animal parts on them and calling them "alien"? 

In 2019? No.

1 minute ago, Awlsew said:

What I have said to you in this thread is about ancient China. What I have said to you in other threads is irrelavent to this particular thread.

Again, it isn't about me.

Its about your claims - provide support for them or admit you are wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Fake off topic claim. If you don't know what you are talking about and cannot defend your claims don't make weak claims.

She mentioned North America in a thread about China. Clearly off topic.

1 minute ago, Hanslune said:

Its about your claims - provide support for them or admit you are wrong.

Ahhh..again I said OPINION from the start. Hello??? You no speak a Engush???

3 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

Ahhh..again I said OPINION from the start. Hello??? You no speak a Engush???

You said:

The Chinese follow standard archaeological practices. Riiight.

Prove it or admit you are wrong. This question will be repeated until answered

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

She mentioned North America in a thread about China. Clearly off topic.

Nope you were trying to avoid the associate question. Bad form and you failed to avoid the question.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

You said:

Clearly the 'riiight' was sarcasm. I guess you are third eye blind.

5 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Nope you were trying to avoid the associate question. Bad form and you failed to avoid the question.

She was trying to link all my comments in other threads with this thread. I stay on topic with each particular thread.

Clearly the 'riiight' was sarcasm. I guess you are third eye blind.

You said:

Just now, Awlsew said:

She was trying to link all my comments in other threads with this thread. I stay on topic with each particular thread.

Nope she was answering your question and giving an example - the more you try to avoid the question the more it will be asked.

• Like 1

Just now, Hanslune said:

You said:

For the last 30 years, the Chinese regime has never allowed an official investigation into these events. Textbooks in China ignore this piece of history altogether. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/06/03/how-has-tiananmen-changed-china/

2 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Nope she was answering your question and giving an example - the more you try to avoid the question the more it will be asked.

She spoke of North America in a thread about China. OFF TOPIC.

Just now, Awlsew said:

For the last 30 years, the Chinese regime has never allowed an official investigation into these events. Textbooks in China ignore this piece of history altogether. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/06/03/how-has-tiananmen-changed-china/

Off topic

The topic is your claim about Chinese archaeological practices

You said:

• Like 2

She spoke of North America in a thread about China. OFF TOPIC.

Nope you are still running from the question - answer the question

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hanslune said:

I did. There is no proof that the Chinese follow standard practice nor is there proof that they do. 

I did abosolutley show proof that the Chinese hide history; therefore, a reasonable opinion that they do not follow standard archeaological practices.

Next...

4 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

I did. Over and over.

• Haha 2

Just now, Awlsew said:

I did. There is no proof that the Chinese follow standard practice nor is there proof that they do. 

I did abosolutley show proof that the Chinese hide history; therefore, a reasonable opinion that they do not follow standard archeaological practices.

Next...

I take that as your concession that you have no idea what you are talking about. Have no evidence or knowledge about Chinese Archaeological practice and made up a false claim. You have refused to address it and have demonstrated intellectual cowardice.

• Like 3