Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor solution?

Cryptid_Control

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Your evidence that they have altered history concerning Qin Shi Huang is what? Because you say so?

cormac

Again, I am stating an opinion. Yes, you disagree with my opinion, as do others. The idea is alternative history, nothing more than that.

Just now, Awlsew said:

Yes. But what does that have to do with Qin being caucasian or not?

A DNA test would confirm his heritage just as a DNA test would confirm your relationship to your xGreat Grandparents. Same thing. And there is really no reason to believe that he was anything other than Chinese since his parents were Chinese and are attested to in Chinese Texts. There aren't even any stories questioning his heritage. 

cormac

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

A DNA test would confirm his heritage

cormac

A visual picture would confirm his heritage. Simply an image.

4 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

Again, I am stating an opinion. Yes, you disagree with my opinion, as do others. The idea is alternative history, nothing more than that.

You're stating baseless speculation which ISN'T Alternative History, it's an attempt at historical revisionism IMO.

cormac

just as a DNA test would confirm your relationship to your xGreat Grandparents.

cormac

Words are thicker than blood. My great grand parents were the parents of my grandparents, A DNA relationship would be irrelevant on a personal level.

You're stating baseless speculation which ISN'T Alternative History, it's an attempt at historical revisionism IMO.

cormac

Hey my 'thesaurus' states that alternative history and historical revisionism are the exact same thing, IMO.

Just now, Awlsew said:

Words are thicker than blood. My great grand parents were the parents of my grandparents, A DNA relationship would be irrelevant on a personal level.

There's a reason I said X Great Grandparents, I knew you'd try to pull that excuse. If you go back far enough you don't know WHAT your X Great Grandparents were. Just like most everyone you must 'assume' you know. 

cormac

• Thanks 2

There's a reason I said X Great Grandparents, I knew you'd try to pull that excuse. If you go back far enough you don't know WHAT your X Great Grandparents were. Just like most everyone you must 'assume' you know. 

cormac

DNA is not needed with visual images. Simple as that.

2 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

Hey my 'thesaurus' states that alternative history and historical revisionism are the exact same thing, IMO.

They're not considered as such here by the majority. The latter is rather held in contempt. 

cormac

I knew you'd try to pull that excuse.

cormac

Family? You knew I would pull the family excuse? You knew I would say that family has nothing to do with DNA?

ok.

1 minute ago, Awlsew said:

DNA is not needed with visual images. Simple as that.

So you have pictures of your Great Grandparents from, say, 8 generations then? I doubt it. 

cormac

• Like 1

They're not considered as such here by the majority. The latter is rather held in contempt. 

cormac

Yes, we know. You and your majority do not agree with my opinion.

So you have pictures of your Great Grandparents from, say, 8 generations then? I doubt it. 

cormac

OFF TOPIC

This thread is about the tomb of Qin.

Can we stay on topic?

Just now, Awlsew said:

Yes, we know. You and your majority do not agree with my opinion.

I'm not even talking about you, but here at UM and in this forum. 

cormac

1 minute ago, Awlsew said:

OFF TOPIC

This thread is about the tomb of Qin.

Can we stay on topic?

I get it, you get backed into a corner you move the posts. 

cormac

• Like 1

I'm not even talking about you, but here at UM and in this forum. 

cormac

Hey you are all over the place, hard for us simpletons to keep up. Can you keep to the subject matter specific to this thread and leave the irrelvant suppositions such as 'pictures of my great grand parents' out of it?

I get it, you get backed into a corner you move the posts. 

cormac

You changed the focus off of the topic of this thread. Simple as that.

The pictures/images I am refering to would be of the body buried in the tomb of Qin. 

How is anyone supposed to believe you would know anything from pictures, you've already mangled understanding DNA? And you apparently didn't know what constituted China in the 3rd century BC. 

cormac

• Like 2

Fact- Caucasian mummies have been found in China 

Fact - The current Chinese government hides historical events

Opinion - The current Chinese government will not allow the tomb of Qin because they are concerned the contents would not conform to their view of History.

*many disagree with my opinion

How is anyone supposed to believe you would know anything from pictures, cormac

The notion is getting a current image of any possible body buried in the tomb of Qin.

Hey you are all over the place, hard for us simpletons to keep up. Can you keep to the subject matter specific to this thread and leave the irrelvant suppositions such as 'pictures of my great grand parents' out of it?

Can you leave baseless opinions pretending to be what is "likely" concerning Qin Shi Huang out of the thread. The fact is that you don't know what is likely, you didn't even know enough to understand what constituted China back then. 

BTW, it apparently should be pointed out that this is NOT your thread. 

cormac

• Like 2

On 8/20/2019 at 10:15 PM, Awlsew said:

Eastern Iranians have red hair?

china_mummy.jpg

This is a picture of an ancient Chinese Mummy.

Could we compare that image to one of the body buried in the tomb of Qin if they opened that tomb??

Can you leave baseless opinions pretending to be what is "likely" concerning Qin Shi Huang out of the thread. The fact is that you don't know what is likely, you didn't even know enough to understand what constituted China back then. 

BTW, it apparently should be pointed out that this is NOT your thread. 

cormac

Of course it is not my thread, duh. 

3 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

The notion is getting a current image of any possible body buried in the tomb of Qin.

The problem is that after 2000+ years there is no way to tell just 'what' exists in his tomb and how much it would be affected by excavation and subsequent possible deterioration of artifacts by exposure to the modern atmosphere. It's MASSIVE and cost prohibitive to cover the entire layout and even then it's not a guarantee that anything is left of his corpse but bones and even those may be in terrible shape. No one is willing to excavate just to satisfy YOUR curiousity, nor should they. 

cormac