Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor solution?

Cryptid_Control

27 minutes ago, Cryptid_Control said:

Accidental destruction could be said for almost any site. Sending in a drone or robot with a camera shouldn’t cause contamination of air locks are done properly. I can still see why the Chinese gov would still be wary of both though 

That assumes there are areas that are clear enough to put a drone and camera in... and that the robot could negotiate its way around whatever's in there.

I think the reason is that the government has problems and has more important things to do.  Opening the tomb would require a lot of work to determine what the soil depth was and what was covered and then how to sink a shaft (and where) to get best possible access.  Few governments are interested in archaeology these days; funding wars seems to have more value to them.

Were we in the days of dear old Belzoni, we'd just toss a bunch of explosives at it and see what emerged.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

The question of the original post of this thread was if there were other reasons as to why they won't open the tomb. Could there be other reasons as to why they won't open the tomb, or are all the reasons why they won't open the tomb publicly known?

Waitasec... aren't you supposed to be some sort of archaeologist/dig expert?  What are the reasons YOU wouldn't open a site?  I'll bet "non-standard corpse" isn't one of them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

Yes. But are those the only reasons? 

32 minutes ago, Cryptid_Control said:

Accidental destruction could be said for almost any site. Sending in a drone or robot with a camera shouldn’t cause contamination of air locks are done properly. I can still see why the Chinese gov would still be wary of both though 

Here's a interesting bit for both of you on a Indo-Aryan Tribe allied with the Han.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wusun

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"The dominant haplogroup," they write, "in the Xiaohe people was the East Eurasian lineage C" which corresponds with a likely origin in South Siberia. But there were also "two West Eurasian mtDNA haplogroups H and K."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristinakillgrove/2015/07/18/these-red-haired-chinese-mummies-come-from-all-over-eurasia-dna-reveals/#2b43dca3e2c8

A few things should be pointed out in the above: 

1)  Haplogroup C originated in Central Asia circa 25,300, which was both BEFORE the Last Glacial Maximum and BEFORE light skin in Europeans circa 12,000 - 6000 BP/10,000 - 4000 BC. Irrelevant to the time of Qin Shi Huang Ti.

2)  Haplogroup H originated in Southwest Asia BEFORE the Last Glacial Maximum and BEFORE light skin in Europeans, like 1).

3)  Haplogroup K, MY HAPLOGROUP being K1a+195, originated in the Middle East BEFORE the Last Glacial Maximum and BEFORE light skin in Europeans, like 1). 

4)  The Rus, originally a Scandinavian peoples, where the original migrants into and naming origin for Russia and as such make same irrelevant to the discussion of peoples during the time of Qin Shi Huang Ti. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Awlsew said:

Yes, but these mummies they keep digging up in China, especially in 'tomb complexes' seem to always be Caucasian with Caucasian DNA.

What is your definition of "Caucasian DNA?

cormac

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Kenemet said:

That assumes there are areas that are clear enough to put a drone and camera in... and that the robot could negotiate its way around whatever's in there.

I think the reason is that the government has problems and has more important things to do.  Opening the tomb would require a lot of work to determine what the soil depth was and what was covered and then how to sink a shaft (and where) to get best possible access.  Few governments are interested in archaeology these days; funding wars seems to have more value to them.

Were we in the days of dear old Belzoni, we'd just toss a bunch of explosives at it and see what emerged.

Yes big issue is potential/probable cave ins. You’d need a giant team to do it manually and I agree they wouldn’t pay for that, not to mention the years it would take. 

Seeing how the destruction of Egypt is going, you’ve probably just correctly predicted what will happen to the site.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hanslune said:

It's probably this same reason they don't do DNA testing on George Washington body. I've heard he was an albino pygmy with three arms.

Cover up? 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Waitasec... aren't you supposed to be some sort of archaeologist/dig expert?  What are the reasons YOU wouldn't open a site?  I'll bet "non-standard corpse" isn't one of them.

The more information the better. 

An expert? No, I'm a proffesional amature.

3 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

english%20in%20china.png

That's NOT DNA. Again, what is your definition of Caucasian DNA? Specifically, WHAT HAPLOGROUPS?

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

That's NOT DNA. Again, what is your definition of Caucasian DNA? Specifically, WHAT HAPLOGROUPS?

cormac

The DNA contained inside that particular Chinese mummy is caucasian. 

My definition of caucasian DNA is that mummy for the sole purposes as to the subject matter in this thread.

There, under glass, lay the recently discovered corpses of a family--a man, a woman, and a child of two or three--each clad in long, dark purple woolen garments and felt boots. "Even today I get chills thinking about that first encounter," says Mair. "The Chinese said they were 3,000 years old, yet the bodies looked as if they were buried yesterday." 

But the real shock came when Mair looked closely at their faces. In contrast to most central Asian peoples, these corpses had obvious Caucasian, or European, features--blond hair, long noses, deep-set eyes, and long skulls.

http://discovermagazine.com/1994/apr/themummiesofxinj359

12 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

What is your definition of "Caucasian DNA?

cormac

Hell, what’s his definition of “caucasian” and why would he use the term when earlier he admitted it was ahistorical and made up?

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jaylemurph said:

Hell, what’s his definition of “caucasian” and why would he use the term when earlier he admitted it was ahistorical and made up?

—Jaylemurph 

Not my definition. There are multiple links that refer to the ancient Chinese mummies as caucasian.

4 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Hell, what’s his definition of “caucasian” 

—Jaylemurph 

"From around 1800BC, the earliest mummies in the Tarim Basin were exclusively Caucausoid, or Europoid," says Professor Victor Mair of Pennsylvania University, 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/a-meeting-of-civilisations-the-mystery-of-chinas-celtic-mummies-5330366.html

10 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

The DNA contained inside that particular Chinese mummy is caucasian. 

My definition of caucasian DNA is that mummy for the sole purposes as to the subject matter in this thread.

Then you can tell everyone here WHAT DNA HAPLOGROUP the Cherchen Man belongs too, correct? 

BTW it should be noted that DNA, and mitochondrial DNA specifically with exception of Haplogroups L0, L1 and L2 which are native Sub-Saharan, CANNOT be labeled as strictly belonging to any race as before circa 12,000 BP/10,000 BC the distinction of color was non-existant with dark skin tones being the norm. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Then you can tell everyone here WHAT DNA HAPLOGROUP the Cherchen Man belongs too, correct? 

cormac

For what purpose?

1 minute ago, Awlsew said:

For what purpose?

You either know what you're talking about where DNA is concerned, or you don't. So far it appears you don't. And notice I'm not talking about his features I'm talking about his DNA which you claimed is Caucasian. You haven't supported that contention, so it's baseless speculation.

cormac

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

"From around 1800BC, the earliest mummies in the Tarim Basin were exclusively Caucausoid, or Europoid," says Professor Victor Mair of Pennsylvania University, 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/a-meeting-of-civilisations-the-mystery-of-chinas-celtic-mummies-5330366.html

You understand this isn’t a definition, right? It’s an exemplum. 

The fact the word /exists/ isn’t at question. I think we all can agree the word is used by people. We’re asking what it means, which is an entirely different question, and just thumping down examples of it existing does not define the term as you use it. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1

I'm talking about his DNA which you claimed is Caucasian. You haven't supported that contention, so it's baseless speculation.

cormac

Not my claim. It has been made by countless others. How many sources do you need?

the Cherchen man, along with the others found in his tomb, were Caucasian 

https://chinesemummies.weebly.com/cherchen-man.html

1 minute ago, jaylemurph said:

You understand this isn’t a definition, right? It’s an exemplum. 

The fact the word /exists/ isn’t at question. I think we all can agree the word is used by people. We’re asking what it means, which is an entirely different question, and just thumping down examples of it existing does not define the term as you use it. 

—Jaylemurph 

It defines that ancient Chinese mummies are caucasian. Simple as that.

1 minute ago, Awlsew said:

the Cherchen man, along with the others found in his tomb, were Caucasian 

https://chinesemummies.weebly.com/cherchen-man.html

1. the Cherchen man was caucasian.

2. therefore, the Cherchen man has caucasian DNA.

Simple as that.

There is no such thing as 'Caucasian DNA'.

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

There is no such thing as 'Caucasian DNA'.

cormac

I never said there was only one specifc type 'Caucasian DNA'.  Why would you assume I did?