Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor solution?

Cryptid_Control

2 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

It defines that ancient Chinese mummies are caucasian. Simple as that.

Are you genuinely that stupid or just that much of a troll?

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

There is no such thing as 'Caucasian DNA'.

cormac

The Cherchen Man was/is caucasian, simple as that.

1 minute ago, jaylemurph said:

Are you genuinely that stupid or just that much of a troll?

—Jaylemurph 

The Cherchen man was/is caucasian. Simple as that.

1 minute ago, Awlsew said:

Not my claim. It has been made by countless others. How many sources do you need?

the Cherchen man, along with the others found in his tomb, were Caucasian 

https://chinesemummies.weebly.com/cherchen-man.html

His features DON'T define his DNA. That should be simple enough for anyone to grasp. 

My own features are "Caucasian", as it were, however my mtDNA having originated BEFORE the Last Glacial Maximum and the origin of light skin tones in Europeans would have originated in an ancester of at least brown skin tones. Does that then mean I'm NOT 'Caucasian'? You're comparing apples and oranges. 

cormac

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

I never said there was only one specifc type 'Caucasian DNA'.  Why would you assume I did?

It doesn't matter how many types of DNA there are, you specifically said this:

Yes, but these mummies they keep digging up in China, especially in 'tomb complexes' seem to always be Caucasian with Caucasian DNA.

Again, there is no such thing as Caucasian DNA. 

cormac

• Like 3

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

His features DON'T define his DNA. That should be simple enough for anyone to grasp. 

cormac

Ok. You are interested in giving a dictianary lesson. Doesn't change the idea that the tomb of Qin may contain a caucasian.

5 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

The Cherchen Man was/is caucasian, simple as that.

Doesn't make his DNA Caucasian, a distinction that you apparently DON'T understand, but continually misrepresent.

cormac

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

It doesn't matter how many types of DNA there are, you specifically said this:

Again, there is no such thing as Caucasian DNA. 

cormac

How about DNA from a caucasian. The tomb of Qin may contain a mummy that has DNA from a caucasian.

Just now, Awlsew said:

Ok. You are interested in giving a dictianary lesson. Doesn't change the idea that the tomb of Qin may contain a caucasian.

No, I'm interested in accuracy and you are NOT accurate in your claim concerning DNA. It's really that simple.

cormac

• Like 1

Doesn't make his DNA Caucasian, a distinction that you apparently DON'T understand, but continually misrepresent.

cormac

How about the Cherchen man is caucasian and has DNA. Would that work?

No, I'm interested in accuracy and you are NOT accurate in your claim concerning DNA. It's really that simple.

cormac

Nothing you have said changes the idea that the tomb of Qin may contain a caucasian mummy which has DNA.

1 minute ago, Awlsew said:

How about DNA from a caucasian. The tomb of Qin may contain a mummy that has DNA from a caucasian.

His skin tone may be Caucasian, that is not in dispute, but his DNA can NEVER be classified the same as it originated BEFORE there were any Caucasians. 

cormac

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

How about the Cherchen man is caucasian and has DNA. Would that work?

I hope he had DNA otherwise he wasn't human. Having DNA wasn't the problem, the specific claim you made about it was.

cormac

• Like 1

His skin tone may be Caucasian, that is not in dispute, but his DNA can NEVER be classified the same as it originated BEFORE there were any Caucasians. 

cormac

What about his genes?

Of these genes, DCHS2, RUNX2, GLI3, PAX1 and PAX3 were found to determine nasal morphology, whereas EDAR impacts chin protrusion and facial hair, both of which have been recently selected in Caucasians[44][45]

Does he contain any of these genes?

Nothing you have said changes the idea that the tomb of Qin may contain a caucasian mummy which has DNA.

Never claimed it would. Nothing you have said claims you know anything meaningful about DNA. THAT was the issue. 

cormac

• Like 1

I hope he had DNA otherwise he wasn't human. Having DNA wasn't the problem, the specific claim you made about it was.

cormac

His DNA would show caucasian features.

Never claimed it would. Nothing you have said claims you know anything meaningful about DNA. THAT was the issue. 

cormac

Why would I need to know anything meaningful about DNA for the opinion I stated in this thread?

What about his genes?

Of these genes, DCHS2, RUNX2, GLI3, PAX1 and PAX3 were found to determine nasal morphology, whereas EDAR impacts chin protrusion and facial hair, both of which have been recently selected in Caucasians[44][45]

Does he contain any of these genes?

In genetics "recently selected" DOESN'T mean "didn't originally exist". That doesn't help your claim about his DNA. 

cormac

4 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

It is a focus on skeletal anatomy, and especially cranial morphology, over skin tone.

In genetics "recently selected" DOESN'T mean "didn't originally exist". That doesn't help your claim about his DNA. 

cormac

1. He is a caucasian.

2. I claimed his DNA would show his caucasian features.

Simple as that.

His DNA would show caucasian features.

His DNA would show "what was selected" but given the Haplogroups mentioned for him and other Tarim Basin mummies his DNA CANNOT be linked to a specific race, barring an L0, L1 or L2 determination. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

Why would I need to know anything meaningful about DNA for the opinion I stated in this thread?

If you are going to make a claim about DNA then you should know what you are talking about. And given the specific information about the Haplogroups involved, it's evident you don't. 

cormac

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

It is a focus on skeletal anatomy, and especially cranial morphology, over skin tone.

And yet, YOU made the claim about DNA. Perhaps you should shy away from anything genetically related. 

cormac

His DNA would show "what was selected" but given the Haplogroups mentioned for him and other Tarim Basin mummies his DNA CANNOT be linked to a specific race, barring an L0, L1 or L2 determination. 

cormac

That is why I said his DNA would show his caucasian features.