Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hearing Your Name Called When Nobody's There

StarMountainKid

Back to the discussion "Hearing Your Name Called When Nobody's Actually There". I have this similar experience from time to time. My husband is currently away and I've been having trouble to sleep throughout the night ever since he flew out. One night last week, I felt so tire and sleepy so I just crashed on my bed, as soon as I was about to fall asleep, I heard a loud male voice calling my name, I got up immediately, it felt so REAL but it was so quiet and nobody was there. At one time, it happened to my 5-year-old girl. My husband was not home and all of the sudden she ran out saying "Yes, dad? What...?" She said she heard her dad calling her. It also reminded me during my freshman year in High School when I was taking the test in class, I heard my name called, it was in plain and clear unfamiliar voice close to my hear. I actually answered think it was one of my classmate beside me or in the back, but it was totally quiet and nobody was calling me in reality. That very day when I got home, my family told me that my father died early that morning but they planned to tell me after school when I get back home. This weird experience causes me to wonder where does a voice like this actually coming from? Is it a voice that ran off from your brain when you are totally relaxed or does it has to do something with the sleep disorder or a spirit? 

Spoiler

'

Spoiler

I used to have the same experience as a small child. We lived out in the country. When things would get very quiet, sometimes I would hear someone yell my name from far away. I would be wide awake, up and about when this happened. I suppose it could be a neighbor calling for someone, but it seemed so otherworldly.

On 04. 11. 2016. at 3:29 AM, XenoFish said:

If I wanted to quit smoking (though I don't smoke) I'd have to firmly plant that intention in my subconscious. Willpower can only do so much.

Good one, thats how i stopped smoking 4 years ago. It was very easy for me i just programmed myself. Other smoker friends looked at me like im from other planet like: How did you stop so easy.

I have the same interesting expirience.Couple days ago i ran into one dude from highschool, we talked little bit and he walked away. Then after couple of minutes i heard his voice behind me calling my name, i turned around and he was not there just bunch of people that i dont know. It sounded 100% real. He called my name when he saw me and i hear that again when he walked away, i think it's just brain somehow repeating. This is not the first time that i hear someone calling my name, its not common but sometimes it happens. I think that everybody probably expirienced that in their lifetime, it's just our brain, and there was research on that phenomenon.

Edited by Relam

10 hours ago, Relam said:

I have the same interesting expirience.Couple days ago i ran into one dude from highschool, we talked little bit and he walked away. Then after couple of minutes i heard his voice behind me calling my name, i turned around and he was not there just bunch of people that i dont know. It sounded 100% real. He called my name when he saw me and i hear that again when he walked away, i think it's just brain somehow repeating. This is not the first time that i hear someone calling my name, its not common but sometimes it happens. I think that everybody probably expirienced that in their lifetime, it's just our brain, and there was research on that phenomenon.

Audio hallucination. Everybody has had them.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/21/2018 at 8:46 PM, Alletz said:

Back to the discussion "Hearing Your Name Called When Nobody's Actually There". I have this similar experience from time to time. My husband is currently away and I've been having trouble to sleep throughout the night ever since he flew out. One night last week, I felt so tire and sleepy so I just crashed on my bed, as soon as I was about to fall asleep, I heard a loud male voice calling my name, I got up immediately, it felt so REAL but it was so quiet and nobody was there. At one time, it happened to my 5-year-old girl. My husband was not home and all of the sudden she ran out saying "Yes, dad? What...?" She said she heard her dad calling her. It also reminded me during my freshman year in High School when I was taking the test in class, I heard my name called, it was in plain and clear unfamiliar voice close to my hear. I actually answered think it was one of my classmate beside me or in the back, but it was totally quiet and nobody was calling me in reality. That very day when I got home, my family told me that my father died early that morning but they planned to tell me after school when I get back home. This weird experience causes me to wonder where does a voice like this actually coming from? Is it a voice that ran off from your brain when you are totally relaxed or does it has to do something with the sleep disorder or a spirit? 

Reveal hidden contents

'

Reveal hidden contents

This is the 3rd night where I am awoken to my name being called by a female. I take it as a either a angel trying to alert me or a angel letting me know it’s gonna be ok.    They say sometimes our loved ones come and try to get our attention in certain ways