Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Erich Von Daniken predicts 'ET will return'

UM-Bot

ET will return..

shame he has never been here as yet..

• Like 6

Or they may not even exist. Guesswork at best. Oh, I know statistically they should exist, but that does not mean they do, or that if they do they will contact Earth and if they contact Earth, how could anyone predict a timetable? 

And barring warp drives or wormholes, any alien civilization had better be right next door or there is no hope of them transversing the distances of space.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UM-Bot said:

A general reminder to keep the comments civil and constructive on this one please.

Botty! You're doing very well.

• Like 2

I predict they'll return in the year 2525. I promise free beer for all, if I'm wrong.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Charles2 said:

Maybe they'll build more pyramids.

Yeah, because we need more of those, don't we? :) 

Maybe they'll be p***ed because their greatest architectural achievements pale embarrassingly to our modern ones.

Maybe they'll be p***ed that the Stargate was buried after the revolt.

• Like 5

is he promoting a new book then?

I honestly thought the man had passed, glad to see he is still on this side of the garden patch.   BTW, what is this about "He was awarded the Stella Citizen Award by Giorgio A, Tsoukalos"?  What, did Tsoukalos gin up some award and then began distributing to people and it's now a big deal?

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 5

A year doesn't pass without some kook predicting the return of the aliens. The disclosure project has been doing that for years. Given sufficient time any repeated prediction comes true.

One of my favorite failures was the prediction in a tabloid that there would be a riot in a major American city. That is a sure thing almost every year. That year - no riot!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Timonthy said:

Botty! You're doing very well.

Indeed, Botty wants us to be ' constructive '    about a comment from VonDanniken saying aliens will return . 

1. he is a fraud  2. he never proved aliens were here in the first place to make any 'return'  3. why believe him due to some 'idea' or whim he has. 4  I still want my jewelry and hotel investment money back ! 

There ... I hope that was 'constructive' enough ?    :rolleyes:

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Sundew said:

Or they may not even exist. Guesswork at best. Oh, I know statistically they should exist, but that does not mean they do, or that if they do they will contact Earth and if they contact Earth, how could anyone predict a timetable? 

They may not even exist.But statistically they should exist, but that does not mean they do, but if they do they will contact Earth and if they contact Earth,.... I predict they will be here in .... ummmmmm .... 20 years ! 

Actually, does anyone care what VonDanniken thinks anymore ?   

• Like 1

There will always be those beg for people to wait and see. I won't. I know that EVD has no evidence or any rational reason for his so-called prediction.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Habitat said:
2 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I honestly thought the man had passed, glad to see he is still on this side of the garden patch.   BTW, what is this about "He was awarded the Stella Citizen Award by Giorgio A, Tsoukalos"?  What, did Tsoukalos gin up some award and then began distributing to people and it's now a big deal?

Well, they did 'share an encounter together ....... not quite  'probe brothers'  but ; 

Alien Cryptid Makes A Surprise Visit To Contact in the Desert Convention While Erich von Däniken & Giorgio A. Tsoukalos & George Noory Speak! 

Image result for erich von daniken

( yet no one commented how George's eyes were on fire  and  you can see the line around the edge of Tsoukalos'   false face   :)    )

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Myles said:

I wonder where he plucked the 20 years from?

As I recall, he had predicted that the aliens would return in 2036. 

Or it might have been Sitchin. 

In any case it got glommed into the 2012 hysteria. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Sitchin is the one that died. Daniken is still plugging along. 

• Like 2

Image result for erich von daniken

and VonDaniken appears to have set his ash tray on fire .  

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

Had a check, Sitchin claimed the 2036 date. 

So it looks like Daniken has taken the date since Sitchen's death. 

Good time frame to, as it's unlikely he'll till be among the living then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, back to earth said:

I still want my jewelry and hotel investment money back ! 

Nuff said, I reckon

• Like 2