Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zombie-like phantom photobombs visitors

Black Monk

Ghost hunters on a haunted hospital tour were stunned to see that a picture of them had been photobombed by an eerie corpse-like woman smiling at the camera.  

The disturbing face, which resembles the ghost from the 2002 horror film The Ring, seemed to appear in the middle of the mysterious picture.

Host Phil Barron, 45, was leading the 32-strong group at the abandoned Newsham Park Hospital in Liverpool when he unwittingly snapped the photograph.  

Edited by Black Monk

That's creepy!!

Well that's just fun... 

" Host Phil Barron, 45, was leading the 32-strong group at the abandoned Newsham Park Hospital in Liverpool when he unwittingly snapped the photograph.  "

I only count 29 people in the photograph not including the "apparition" ... 

Creepy at first glance but these are always either natural artifacts or pranks. I once took a picture of some trees outside my house and when I looked at the image I could see the outline of a face in the leaves. No it was not ghosts but due to random changes of the leaves blowing in the wind, shadows, the quality of my phone's camera and the human mind's tendency to exhibit matrixing.

• Like 1

There are two faces, not one. Someone has photoshopped this in and messed up a bit.

• Like 6

I agree, the ghostly image is wearing a shirt with her picture on it...great photoshop work lol!

• Like 3

Ah....the dailymail....what'll they think of next?

• Like 3

Rouse me if any link is found for the original image file.  By default, it's a ghost hunting company, so it's bullsh!t.  And why the second face immediately below?

And as for the 'photographer', may I observe that the positioning of the group is awful, the lighting is awful, the camera clearly is of completely insufficient quality for its intended purpose, and why the hell didn't he move closer and fill the frame with the people? 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

And why the second face immediately below?

Pareidolia.

• Like 1

And as for the 'photographer', may I observe that the positioning of the group is awful, the lighting is awful, the camera clearly is of completely insufficient quality for its intended purpose, and why the hell didn't he move closer and fill the frame with the people? 

He's a ghosthunter, not a professional photographer.

In England almost everybody has a device that can take photographs. We can even take photos with our mobile phones.

Edited by Black Monk

He took the photo of the group with his phone, did not look at the picture (which you do, to check you do not need to take another one in case it is not right) and its funny how all those people there ghost hunting and they do not see an alleged ghost sitting among them? Do ghosts only appear now when someone takes a picture with a mobile?

Personally I would be gutted if I were a ghost hunter and did not even see a ghost sitting next to me and ever re body else....how can these ghost hunters miss that?!:D

• Like 3

Who writes these articles?  

After being converted to a hospital, it contained "even a morgue".  Wow, that's weird and creepy!  A hospital that contained even a morgue! I'm scared.

Oh wait, a morgue is a standard part of any hospital and doesn't imply anything creepy at all.  It's like saying a hospital contained "even a pharmacy" or "even an X-ray department".

• Like 2

18 hours ago, freetoroam said:

He took the photo of the group with his phone, did not look at the picture (which you do, to check you do not need to take another one in case it is not right)

In fairness, it was a large group photograph and even if he quickly checked it afterward, he's not going to notice a single face that shouldn't be there in a group photo of 30 people being looked at on a 5 inch screen.

• Like 1

Same picture but slightly different story...

“If we include the grey girl and the face below her, that gives us a body count of 32 people (including the camera operator), which was impossible because there were only 30 people on the premises at the time.”

http://weekinweird.com/2016/11/02/ghost-photobombs-paranormal-investigation-newsham-park-hospital-orphanage/

7 minutes ago, JesseCuster said:

In fairness, it was a large group photograph and even if he quickly checked it afterward, he's not going to notice a single face that shouldn't be there in a group photo of 30 people being looked at on a 5 inch screen.

To be fair, he should have noticed if a "ghost" showed up..does not matter where or how, they are ghost hunters, they are there to spot the elusive ghosts.

The reason he did not spot it was because it was not there. He sent the picture off, how about we hear about what happened at the office?;)

Mr Barron said: 'I took the snap and then put my phone away and during the break three hours later I sent it over to the office to be uploaded and thought nothing more of it.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3912692/Zombie-like-phantom-photobombs-visitor-tour-old-orphanage-image-eerie-ghost-hunters-say-spooked.html#ixzz4PWKuwSH0 

I said this yeas ago and I still say it now. People need to go to school to learn how to use a dslr and understand aperture, flash and various things to understand what they are taking. This is what a ghost hunter SHOULD know before going on the field. They also need own a dslr and various equipment.

Sadly, any random person can proclaim they are a ghost hunter as they show a bit of smudge or photoshop a ghost as evidence.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Brian Topp said:

I said this yeas ago and I still say it now. People need to go to school to learn how to use a dslr and understand aperture, flash and various things to understand what they are taking. This is what a ghost hunter SHOULD know before going on the field. They also need own a dslr and various equipment.

That sounds like hard work to me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JesseCuster said:

That sounds like hard work to me.

Yes, and your average para-normal 'researcher' isn't up for that sort of behavior...

If I can draw an analogy, I used to work at a large marine research centre.  Our 'clients' ranged from lowly first year marine biology students, thru to professors from around the world.  Without exception, all of those folks (many of whom were not yet 'real' researchers, but were aspiring to be..) fully understood the need to use quality equipment that was suited to the task, and they would not be seen dead using 'toys' like camera phones..  Be it photography equipment, or photomicrography equipment, or gas chromatography equipment or scuba gear, or sampling nets, or sonar sounding arrays/buoys, or what-the-hell-ever, they knuckled down, learnt what they needed to, including calibration, how to set up controls, etc.. - they used technology *properly*.  If they didn't, they wouldn't last five minutes.

Here, even at the most basic level, we have someone whose job clearly involves taking group pictures..  Forget the non-existing ghosts and any consideration like being able to use exposure compensation or high ISO or manual aperture/shutter speed control for a minute - group pictures require high resolution - this is just about the first thing any photographer learns - if you want to see the faces of any reasonable size group, you do NOT use a tiny sensor camera, eg on a phone.

OK, maybe it was just a one off situation and he was caught with the wrong camera at the wrong time, but we see this incompetence OVER and OVER again... or is it deliberate misuse of low-quality recording equipment simply because they know they will get more 'anomalies' on them...? I think it's high time we shamed these pretenders into waking up and smelling the roses, and also perhaps exposing many of them for the money making charlatans they are.

Yes, I'm grumpy - Friday and I'm still at work...  oh well, won't be long.. :)

• Like 3

Here, even at the most basic level, we have someone whose job clearly involves taking group pictures..  Forget the non-existing ghosts and any consideration like being able to use exposure compensation or high ISO or manual aperture/shutter speed control for a minute - group pictures require high resolution - this is just about the first thing any photographer learns - if you want to see the faces of any reasonable size group, you do NOT use a tiny sensor camera, eg on a phone.

Yeah, but that sounds like it might cost money for a DSLR and decent lens.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

but we see this incompetence OVER and OVER again..

but but but...these are experienced "cough" ghost hunter hosts "cough". For just £59 per person "cough splutter" you can experience a tour with an er......experienced host, like Mr Barron who took the picture::

and they have the "gear":,,, but not the correct cameras? hmm...odd!

Use of ghost hunting equipment including EMF Meters, K2 Meters etc
Light snacks included, please bring your own drinks

https://www.hauntedhappenings.co.uk/ghost_hunts/Newsham_Park_Hospital.php

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

All of that aside, it's clearly just a regular person in the shadow of the person standing in front and to the left of her. Look at the shadow pattern on the wall and extrapolate. Reading some of the comments from people on their Facebook page who took the tour and they are hilarious... at least they had fun! :) 

On 11/13/2016 at 5:59 PM, AustinHinton said:

I agree with everyone else, it's fake. 

I don't think it's fake at all. I think it's just a normal person in the shadow of someone else. It's certainly not paranormal if that's what you mean.

• Like 1