Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will You Watch The Election?


Lilly
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

ChaosRose has bigger gonads than some of the male members around here. Merc is right - credit where credit is due. No one really hates each other here (right?)

I definitely remember how depressing the '08 and '12 elections were when Obama won, the '12 far more than the '08.  It's nice to be on the winning side of a Presidential election for a change.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, DieChecker said:

You know shes going to have to blame Huma..... Mr Wiener could very well have lost this for her.

Mr. Wiener may lose his wiener over this one. "Huma, be careful with that knife!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Lol some of the twitter users are saying people lgbt groups and along with people with disabilites would be hunted down and need protection. 

 

Also calling for death of Trunp.

I saw such posts on You Tube. They show one of the reasons that Trump beat Clinton. Normal, ordinary Americans are sick and tired of these hyperbolic and hysterical people. Some of these snowflakes need to be taken to the hothouse where they can melt down in a safe space.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I saw such posts on You Tube. They show one of the reasons that Trump beat Clinton. Normal, ordinary Americans are sick and tired of these hyperbolic and hysterical people. Some of these snowflakes need to be taken to the hothouse where they can melt down in a safe space.

Don't pay too much mind to idiots using internet anonymity to flame and whine. It always the minority that are the loudest and often the most vitriolic. 

Consider that a lot of previously Democrat voters probably voted for Trump yesterday. I believe this was an election that, very effectively, protested the malaise that has settled over politics in recent years. It's a protest that should unite people of all political persuasions. 

I still think you missed an opportunity to seriously challenge the two party monopoly. As a libertarian, wouldn't you like to see them become a more significant force in US politics?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2016 at 7:17 AM, Frank Merton said:

You (and Michelle and the rest of the cast) have never posted good argument, just claims (generally false and always exaggerated) reflecting hate.  Hate is no basis for reasonable thought, and, I think, ultimately derives from fear.

 

Well, not too surprisingly, Putin, with the help of the FBI, got what he wanted and the American people have been bamboozled.  We may all suffer the consequences.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hear mention in the media of a low voter turnout, around 50%. Boy, that is low. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I hear mention in the media of a low voter turnout, around 50%. Boy, that is low. 

It's been just around 100 million people for the past few elections. I suppose that's 50% or so. When has it been higher I wonder?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Point is, this election seems as ordinary as any other far as turnout along with a sharp divide in popular vote.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

Don't pay too much mind to idiots using internet anonymity to flame and whine. It always the minority that are the loudest and often the most vitriolic. 

Consider that a lot of previously Democrat voters probably voted for Trump yesterday. I believe this was an election that, very effectively, protested the malaise that has settled over politics in recent years. It's a protest that should unite people of all political persuasions. 

I still think you missed an opportunity to seriously challenge the two party monopoly. As a libertarian, wouldn't you like to see them become a more significant force in US politics?

It seems like Trump is a de facto Independent. He went against the entrenched establishment players in both main political parties, so it's a start. I *would* like to see an end to the current monopoly of one or two parties. At this point, I'm happy with independent *ideas* if no independent parties are available.

I'm more concerned with actions and ideas than parties and politicians. Will a candidate share my libertarian views? It doesn't matter if he doesn't have an "L" next to his name. That's especially true when there are few to no good choices in the running.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

From what I understand Sheldon didn't give him anything. He first offered him, then more if Gingrich would be his VP pick. Trump declined. 

Frankly I don't like how cozy he looks with the neocons.  I won't be surprised if Newt Gingrich winds up working for him in some capacity.   Gingrich wouldn't have been a good running mate he isn't the guy with the likability rating that ticket needed more of, but it doesn't mean that Trump isn't ideologically similar to Gingrich. 

We won't know what billionaires gave what money to whom because it's secretive business.  And the nature of that doesn't soothe my skepticism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I saw such posts on You Tube. They show one of the reasons that Trump beat Clinton. Normal, ordinary Americans are sick and tired of these hyperbolic and hysterical people. Some of these snowflakes need to be taken to the hothouse where they can melt down in a safe space.

Well you know how trickle down tyranny works.  First they come for the Mexicans, and you're not a Mexican.   The people calling for punishing people for whatever the reason have no shortage of hyperbolic vitriol themselves.

Even the way you're putting it here is a shadow of that:  They "need to" be taken somewhere and done something with.   If people are calm and collected when they carry out their threats of violence or force, that's not the difference that makes it okay.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congraz to all Trump supporters who represent all bad things the western aka Roman society has been doing the past 2000 years. Racism, sexim, bigotry, no respect for life including animals and trees, trade wars...and a lot more. You voted for the status quo for more of the same. Also, say goodbye to America being a superpower. Beause the strength of the US was her presence in global politics, her liberal values, progressiveness, free trad and the faith in abundance/wealth.

That being said, I thankfully live in California. Today I went to the sea, enjoyed the sun and the atmosphere.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, hellwyr said:

Congraz to all Trump supporters who represent all bad things the western aka Roman society has been doing the past 2000 years. Racism, sexim, bigotry, no respect for life including animals and trees, trade wars...and a lot more. You voted for the status quo for more of the same. Also, say goodbye to America being a superpower. Beause the strength of the US was her presence in global politics, her liberal values, progressiveness, free trad and the faith in abundance/wealth.

 

That being said, I thankfully live in California. Today I went to the sea, enjoyed the sun and the atmosphere.

 

Since when has America been known around the world(at least by other western nation standards) for it's "liberal values"?  We're widely considered the most conservative western nation. 

I used to live in SoCal, thankfully I got out years ago.  About the only good thing I have to say about that state is that if there was something you wanted or a store you wanted to visit, it was within a 2 hour drive.  No exceptions.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You have to admit California is beautiful country, and there's beautiful weather in SoCal.   I wouldn't want to live there though.  I don't tolerate politicians or bureaucrats controlling what I put into my own body.  That's a principle for all things, not an excuse for abortion.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Frank Merton said:

 

Well, not too surprisingly, Putin, with the help of the FBI, got what he wanted and the American people have been bamboozled.  We may all suffer the consequences.

While everyone else is ignoring your inane observations, voting for Hillary is a vote for more regime change/aka wars. Unless you can acknowledge that fact your opinion isn't worth listening to. When the governments of Iran and North Korea shoot off their mouth you call it saber rattling. Trump does it and it's the end of the world as we know it.

Time for a little reflection... 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Wickian said:

Since when has America been known around the world(at least by other western nation standards) for it's "liberal values"?  We're widely considered the most conservative western nation. 

I used to live in SoCal, thankfully I got out years ago.  About the only good thing I have to say about that state is that if there was something you wanted or a store you wanted to visit, it was within a 2 hour drive.  No exceptions.

 By all means it is not perceived as conservative. If you allude to her weapon laws and rigidity then that would be another story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, hellwyr said:

 By all means it is not perceived as conservative. If you allude to her weapon laws and rigidity then that would be another story.

Thought you didn't care....why is any of this still such an issue for you?

Oh, wait, I forgot your hypocrisy.  My bad.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

We may all suffer the consequences.

What's for you to worry in Vietnam?  Coke and Nike sales slumps?   Don't worry.  Donald seems more and more poised to work with the best and brightest of the neocons from the same coop that Hillary lays her eggs.  Israel and Saudi Arabia are safe.   There's a small chance we won't be thrust into war with Russia (and by extension Iran) anymore than we are already, but a small chance is better than an even smaller chance.

Yes we've given more latent power in money and weapons to a megalomaniac than any other man who's ever lived.  What could go wrong, right?   But don't worry about it over there.  You have far less to worry about than most of the rest in attendance here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Yamato said:

Frankly I don't like how cozy he looks with the neocons.  I won't be surprised if Newt Gingrich winds up working for him in some capacity.   Gingrich wouldn't have been a good running mate he isn't the guy with the likability rating that ticket needed more of, but it doesn't mean that Trump isn't ideologically similar to Gingrich. 

We won't know what billionaires gave what money to whom because it's secretive business.  And the nature of that doesn't soothe my skepticism.

I feel ya man, and I understand the skepticism. Im personally gonna be watching the man like a hawk. But I also think he deserves a shot to prove he isn't sold out. Im gonna stand behind him till I see a actual reason not to.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Mr. Wiener may lose his wiener over this one. "Huma, be careful with that knife!"

Perhaps they'll both lose their jobs and end up homeless in Central Park NYC. People will walk by and ask them if they are that pair of Wieners who used to be famous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, hellwyr said:

Congraz to all Trump supporters who represent all bad things the western aka Roman society has been doing the past 2000 years. Racism, sexim, bigotry, no respect for life including animals and trees, trade wars...and a lot more. You voted for the status quo for more of the same. Also, say goodbye to America being a superpower. Beause the strength of the US was her presence in global politics, her liberal values, progressiveness, free trad and the faith in abundance/wealth.

 

That being said, I thankfully live in California. Today I went to the sea, enjoyed the sun and the atmosphere.

 

 

 

Wait, you think what we have now is free trade?

Lets assume for a sec that you are right, even though you are most likely wrong. Lets assume he was actually establishment this whole time. Wouldn't that mean that there was never really a choice to begin with? Or are you saying Hillary was a break away from the establishment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

Americans may have just crushed a voter-turnout record — here’s how 2016 compares to past elections

Rebecca Harrington Politics Nov. 10, 2016, 6:26 AM

 

***

The data available Wednesday afternoon show over 128 million ballots had been counted, according to the United States Elections Project. But results were still trickling in, so the overall turnout could end up being higher. That preliminary total suggests that only 56% of eligible voters actually voted this year.

***

 

  • business insider link

~

Not too bad and of course could have been better ... the real concern was that turnout dropped lower than 40% which would have been ugly no matter who won ... though as of now the assessments stands at - if the percentages were around 60 - 65% Hillary would have perhaps made the ticket ... current consensus has is that most minority and senior citizen voters didn't cast at the ballots ... that 'sure' win it don't need my vote syndrome ... guess the media and Poll pundits messed that one up for her ... 98% at one point and that made us all here outside the states kinda saw this coming ...

~
 

Quote

 

How did pollsters get Trump, Clinton election so wrong?

Pollsters flubbed the 2016 presidential election in seismic fashion.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not the Captain of the football team and the Cheerleaders who want to change the system.   They're the last people who want to change.  They're the winners, and the most Pro-establishment people of them all.   Likewise the people who made billions of dollars and didn't pay taxes wouldn't change a thing.   So there are two possibilities.  One, they have a double standard, one for themselves and another for the voters.   Or two, they're really good BSers.   But two is the same thing as one. 

Why do we have an Establishment in the first place?   Because it's making money.  So anything "Anti-Establishment" would have to mean that a lot of the boxcars on the Money Train would come off at the station.   And here we have the 2nd day of the 2nd fastest money on Wall Street, partying up the Establishment once again with another all-time record close.   How is this "Anti-establishment" election result translating to Wall Street when we actually follow the money?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Yamato said:

Well you know how trickle down tyranny works.  First they come for the Mexicans, and you're not a Mexican.   The people calling for punishing people for whatever the reason have no shortage of hyperbolic vitriol themselves.

Even the way you're putting it here is a shadow of that:  They "need to" be taken somewhere and done something with.   If people are calm and collected when they carry out their threats of violence or force, that's not the difference that makes it okay.  

Oh, please. Citizens, with Mexican ancestry, are safe. Illegal immigrants may or may not be deported. Go protest with your fellow hyperbolic comrades.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.