Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Official I told you so thread.

Kurzweil

I told you neither Stein or Jacobson would win. I admit that was a no brainer. A shame those votes got wasted in such an important election.

• Like 1

I think this thread will come into its own towards the end of next year, now that Trump will be in charge.  By then, I think both he and those that voted him in will have realised that you need an actual plan, not just a slogan.  But I look forward to seeing how quickly Merka becomes Great Again, yeeha.  Certainly the stock markets across the planet suggest that investors across the globe don't have much optimism, but hey, it's not investors that Trump will be helping, it's low-middle America, right?   Right?

Should be fun to watch, anyway, and I'll be delighted if I can't say told you so... 

• Like 4

Canadian immigration servers down.

Damn. And I was just perfecting my O Canada.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

I think this thread will come into its own towards the end of next year, now that Trump will be in charge.  By then, I think both he and those that voted him in will have realised that you need an actual plan, not just a slogan.  But I look forward to seeing how quickly Merka becomes Great Again, yeeha.  Certainly the stock markets across the planet suggest that investors across the globe don't have much optimism, but hey, it's not investors that Trump will be helping, it's low-middle America, right?   Right?

Should be fun to watch, anyway, and I'll be delighted if I can't say told you so... 

the plan that I'd be happy if he stuck to would be the one that he'd no longer be obsessed with deposing the government of any country that didn't do what he said, which has been the policy of US Administrations since time immemorial (or since the time of Clinton B. at any rate). Anything else is no concern of mine. 

• Like 5

We've entered a new era.  His theme song was so apropos "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need."  All through the campaign his supporters touted his main qualification as the ability to get things done.  He has proved that once again by doing the impossible.

• Like 4

and I will say this, and I know it will offend.

The collective IQ of the world has now officially dropped 30 base points..

Ahh well.. at lease we know the next us president will be Lisa Simpson..

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

You'd have been happy with one who had a policy of aggressive military intervention all over the globe? I don't know why, but most of our Australian correspondents just don't seem concerned about this, and I don't understand why.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

You'd have been happy with one who had a policy of aggressive military intervention all over the globe? I don't know why, but most of our Australian correspondents just don't seem concerned about this, and I don't understand why.

There was zero bile about Hillary on Australian media, if Australians got to vote on this, I'd reckon she'd have got 75% of the vote here. It was a Trump-bashing media frenzy from go to whoa. The 51st state might have pushed it over the line for Hillary. It was just so PC to give her the tick here, and so un-PC to even think Trump electable. Australians have lost it !

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DingoLingo said:

Harsh... Trump wasn't my choice in the primary, but an amoral person with a high IQ is just someone who can more effectively game the system.  If there wasn't enough evidence presented for you to grasp that she is a criminal then I have to wonder what it would take.  At least with Trump, the world doesn't have to worry about HRC's wars induced by penis envy.

• Like 6

I'm just happy that my main worry was put to rest ...

~

Voter turnout up 4.7% around the country

1409060394000-AlanGomez-1600x2204-RGB-2-.jpg Alan Gomez , USA TODAY 1:24 a.m. EST November 9, 2016

MIAMI — The United States appeared to be on the verge of record-setting voter turnout Tuesday, as people on all sides of the political spectrum flocked to the polls.

Well before voting sites even closed Tuesday, election officials reported long lines and shattered voting records — the final exclamation mark on a tumultuous, yet riveting, presidential campaign.

~

NOw the manner of how Trump got about getting this Victory is gonna be his biggest hurdle to a successful Presidency ... I'm sure many will be looking at his 'Pledge' to the 'American People' ... now a song dedication ...

~

~

Congratulations where due and sympathies where appropriate ...

~

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Canadian immigration servers down.

Damn. And I was just perfecting my O Canada.

To you and to mrs clinton: See ya later!

Na na na, na na na, hey hey hey, Goodbye.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

There was zero bile about Hillary on Australian media, if Australians got to vote on this, I'd reckon she'd have got 75% of the vote here. It was a Trump-bashing media frenzy from go to whoa. The 51st state might have pushed it over the line for Hillary. It was just so PC to give her the tick here, and so un-PC to even think Trump electable. Australians have lost it !

oh heck no.. we know how bs she is here.. but.. its better the devil you know then the devil you don't..

but seriously.. Trump?

• Like 2

heh.. here Trump is looked at like we looked at Pauline..

actually in saying that.. Pauline got in again didn't she..

gods the world is seriously going to the dogs..

• Like 1

All I heard from people was contempt for Trump, no-one mentioned how they despised Hillary. The media coverage here never explained why Hillary was deeply unpopular with so many.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

Funny.

Why do we care what you think?

• Like 2

I read somewhere that 91% of Trump's coverage was negative....luckily the people can see thru their biased BS.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, skliss said:

I read somewhere that 91% of Trump's coverage was negative....luckily the people can see thru their biased BS.

I can believe that number based on what ive seen. Its really been a travesty watching the media. How can anyone trust them at this point? 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, -ZZ- said:

Funny.

Why do we care what you think?

welcome to the global world that America created :) unless you plan to go back to the 1930's but if you want your country to be what is now.. you better get used to it and learn to care.

1 hour ago, skliss said:

I think one local paper in Elbow, Alabama said that he might possibly not quite be Satan. That was about it, I think, for pro-Big Man* coverage. 

• Like 1

* I'm living up to my pledge of not mentioning him 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

* I'm living up to my pledge of not mentioning him 

Yeah, so I have blooming noticed! I am trying to track it and ------yep you are doing what any good American politician should do, and thats keep to his word.

4 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

I think he will surprise you. He wants peace with as many nations as possible, and why is that a bad thing? He will have plenty of civilian and military advisors, to guide him.

With Hillary, all we foresaw was constant turmoil in the middle east.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

Ahh the good old I know better then and am superior to everyone who disagrees with me attitude that lost Hillary the election 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 6

• The topic was locked