Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Official I told you so thread.

Kurzweil

2 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

welcome to the global world that America created :) unless you plan to go back to the 1930's but if you want your country to be what is now.. you better get used to it and learn to care.

lol, used to and learn to care what you think???  will get right on it, lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

lol, used to and learn to care what you think???  will get right on it, lol

so.. we should care what America whats for the world right? ie.. democracy .. leader of the free world.. and all that..

but you guys don't need to care what the rest of the world wants?

5 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

so.. we should care what America whats for the world right? ie.. democracy .. leader of the free world.. and all that..

you should not care about us either, nor we expect you to. feel free if you want to, but it is your choice, i can tell you very few Americans care or follow what happens in Australia,  Australians otoh are very active in us politics thread.  and few act like they know better what is going on here than Americans that live here,  that is not care, but sick obsession, imo.  there are few others however that total opposite.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

I think it is a sad statement that third party candidates are labeled as spoilers. They are not. They are separate viewpoints being brought into the political arena. If the US can change from a 2 party to a multi party system then there would be more cooperation. Multiple party systems force negotiations and compromise. Many countries have a wide range of political parties. The US does not.

Bernie Sanders was not a democat. He is a member of the progressive party. He ran as a democrat. What if he had been able to run as a third party candidate without the spoiler label being forced on him by people from other parties? I am not a Sanders follower. When I lived in Vermont I did not vote for him and would never vote for him, but I do feel that the 2 party system excludes candidates that have a wide appeal.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, aztek said:

you should not care about us either, nor we expect you to. feel free if you want to, but it is your choice, i can tell you very few Americans care or follow what happens in Australia,  Australians otoh are very active in us politics thread.  and few act like they know better what is going on here than Americans that live here,  that is not care, but sick obsession, imo.  there are few others however that total opposite.

Hmm.. I do get where you are coming from..

the thing is what America says and does has ramification to the way we live etc.. we do not have that much of a global impact the way America does.

I have generally found most americans I have spoken to very insular in general. If it does not personally affect them they do not really care what your gov does.

What people from other countries don't realize is that we didn't just elect a President, we elected the legislature and each of the states elected legislatures and some elected Governors.  In all cases the democrats lost and lost big, just as they did in 2014.  It is a complete refutation of the progressive policies that brought is $10T in additional debt, Obamacare which has made medical insurance totally unaffordable for many middle class people, has caused the debacle in the Middle East etc.   Hillary promised four more years of the worst president in American history and the citizens said no at the national, state and local level. 

BTW, all of you whining now, I am sure you also cheered Obama's election and he was/is a disaster so please, your track record sucks.  Even the Nobel Committee wants their stupid award back.  Obama added more debt than al US presidents in history combined, is the only president to never get above 3.2%GDP growth in 8 years, ran the worst recovery from a recession in US history, helped over throw Qaddafi for no reason etc. etc.  Please spare us your wisdom if you cheered Obama's election as your credibility is nil.

BTW, give the man a chance before you post America's demise, it is small minded and full of hubris. 

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 6

34 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

the whole point is that people getting fed up with American governments taking this very attitude, that it's the Leader of the Free World and everyone else must do what it says, that was probably a significant factor in turning people off H*llary.

• Like 2

Just now, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

the whole point is that people getting fed up with American governments taking this very attitude, that it's the Leader of the Free World and everyone else must do what it says, that was probably a significant factor in turning people off H*llary.

Well Obama stepped way back from the US leading and look what happened.  Are you happy with Putin's strong arming the region?  Happy with the Middle east?  China will be glad to run the far east, enjoy.

• Like 2

Just now, Merc14 said:

Well Obama stepped way back from the US leading and look what happened.  Are you happy with Putin's strong arming the region?  Happy with the Middle east?  China will be glad to run the far east, enjoy.

it was Obama/Clinton's overthrowing Gadaffi, who you mentioned in the very post above, and destablising Syria, that was responsible for much of the whole business in the first place. Even overthrowing Saddam had a relatively small effect in comparison. Are you now saying that they should've done more? And Putin's strong arming the region? You mean assisting allies, just like the US does with S. Arabia and Israel? It's bad when Tyrants do it? Your attitude seems to really be not so far off Hillary's after all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

it was Obama/Clinton's overthrowing Gadaffi, who you mentioned in the very post above, and destablising Syria, that was responsible for much of the whole business in the first place. Even overthrowing Saddam had a relatively small effect in comparison. Are you now saying that they should've done more? And Putin's strong arming the region? You mean assisting allies, just like the US does with S. Arabia and Israel? It's bad when Tyrants do it? Your attitude seems to really be not so far off Hillary's after all. 

I am saying the exact opposite.  I think overthrowing Kaddafi and Mubarak was the stupidest of a very stupid foreign policy, tantamount to Bush invading Iraq.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

I'm personally tired of taking care of the rest of the world.

No matter what we do you guys just complain. No matter how much we give. How much we cooperate. Countries complain when we get involved and countires complain when we don't get involved.

We shouldn't have to sacrifice ourselves to benifit the rest of the world. How does that seem fair. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

I'm sure they are so so sad and scared in their fancy mansions and their security detial lol

• Like 3

Mr. T should apologize to Canada for potentially having to accept Miley Cyprus as well as their own home grown Justin Bieber. :( 

• Like 1

Ariana Grande is crying. Maybe she'll take her screeching and donut licking antics some other place far, far away.

Whoever Nigella Lawson is, she blames racism. Hope that wack job goes far, far, away and stops denigrating those with other opinions about running the country.

Brittany Snow, another person I do not know about, says flights are cheap to Canada. Please oh please choose something that is far, far away.

Rashida Jones points out the KKK endorsed Trump. Is she trying to tell us that her endorsement was not as important as the endorsement of a bunch of kooks?

Cher says she uses a toilet to represent Trump. Sounds like she is as ignorant as I thought she was.

Lilly Allen says Canada should build a wall. Unfair I say. It means that the US is stuck with these pathetic sore losers.

Edited by stereologist
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, third_eye said:

I'm just happy that my main worry was put to rest ...

~

~

NOw the manner of how Trump got about getting this Victory is gonna be his biggest hurdle to a successful Presidency ... I'm sure many will be looking at his 'Pledge' to the 'American People' ... now a song dedication ...

~

~

Congratulations where due and sympathies where appropriate ...

~

I was surprised AND pleased at the near record turnout.  I realize it doesn't help the emotions of those whose candidate lost, but at least it lends more credibility to the choice.  We in the US didn't choose Donald Trump so much as we rejected four more years of what we've endured -that's my opinion, at least.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Mr. T should apologize to Canada for potentially having to accept Miley Cyprus as well as their own home grown Justin Bieber. :( 

It IS rather piling on a bit, eh?  All kidding aside had HRC won and had I the resources, I seriously would have considered New Zealand.  I don't know what's ahead for America but I am very thankful that I don't have to listen to her smug pronouncements for four years, all the while knowing what her political and personal morals really are.  I certainly can commiserate on an emotional level, with what Democrats are going through today.

The headlines that are calling this an upset or even a stunning election loss need to concede that their guess at a winner was wrong. Instead of admitting an error they are pulling a CYA, cover your ass, move and pretending this was a stunning upset.

The problem lies in their judgement. The problem lies in the polling which was off. The issue is not to pretend that this was stunning. The issue is to admit being wrong and determining the cause of the error and looking for a fix. Why was the polling off? Why did the pundits get it wrong yet again?

• Like 1

Not sure if it's been mentioned but I heard Donald has offered his plane to those that said they'll leave If He's elected. 

Take the opportunity people and go and never come back. We don't need you and you won't be missed.

Edited by Kurzweil
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Why was the polling off? Why did the pundits get it wrong yet again?

Because the polls reflected what they wanted it to reflect, not what was actually going on.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Why was the polling off? Why did the pundits get it wrong yet again?

now we see polls were nothing but lies

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kurzweil said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but I heard Donald has offered his plane to those that said they'll leave of He's elected. 

Take the opportunity people and go and never come back. We don't need you.

I suppose he will be swapping 

Image result for donald trump 757

for 

Image result for air force one , so he could hire his 757 out for charters. 

• Like 1

Remember that polling is used for many purposes. Potential candidates use polling to decide if they should run or not. If polls are inaccurate, then the pollsters stop receiving work requests. It is in their interest to get it right.

I believe one of the errors was in the manner of polling. They used phone calls and there are restrictions on who can be called. Cell phones are a no-go as far as I understand. So land line calls were misleading.

The 1932 presidential election polling contacted over a million people and got it wrong - worst polling mistake ever.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked