Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Kurzweil

Official I told you so thread.

208 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Dumbledore the Awesome

Either one is far superior to H*llary's, a mere 737..

Crlap2MWcAAuQs1.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
8 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

I think this thread will come into its own towards the end of next year, now that Trump will be in charge.  By then, I think both he and those that voted him in will have realised that you need an actual plan, not just a slogan.  But I look forward to seeing how quickly Merka becomes Great Again, yeeha.  Certainly the stock markets across the planet suggest that investors across the globe don't have much optimism, but hey, it's not investors that Trump will be helping, it's low-middle America, right?   Right?

 

Should be fun to watch, anyway, and I'll be delighted if I can't say told you so..

3

I appreciate that last bit.  I've heard enough from you here to realize you're sincere about it.  The American people tend to get it wrong as often as any other group around the globe but because of our diversity we also tend to learn from our mistakes, usually.  Obama, by ANY measure, was a mistake.  He could not have weakened this country more nor created greater chaos in the world if he had planned it.  Trump isn't America's hero, though he has a core of supporters who probably view him as exactly that.  No, Trump held out a lifeline to a bunch of yoooogely p***ed off and frustrated people who have seen stagnation, unemployment on a record scale, and other economic and social ills that we did not have prior to his presidency and which often seemed unnecessary.  

Most folks around the world only see us in soft focus and that, only after applying their own filters, you know?  The US could have been leading the way back economically if those with the money to do it had not been so demonized by the sitting administration.  Ideologues - either flavor - are bad for government.  Had Obama refrained from even half the onerous regulatory burdens he placed on business and had he actually worked with public and private entities to truly look for compromise to fix our horribly unfair healthcare system, the business and family crushing burdens of "Obama Care" could have been avoided.  I pray that DJT will learn from Obama's "mistakes" and will seek, as best he can, for consensus and for real solutions that don't attempt to please any group, totally.  With an undivided government for 24 months, he will have only a brief window to get things done.  

The markets hate uncertainty and will rebound, once they realize he isn't actually Genghis with nukes.  Oh, and ChrLzs?  The whole "Merka" thing is childishly offensive to a lot of us and you're better than that, at least, I always thought so.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sweetpumper
6 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Either one is far superior to H*llary's, a mere 737..

Crlap2MWcAAuQs1.jpg

Eh, big enough to haul a hospital bed around in.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

Oh, while we're on the topic of "I told'ee so"  I just wanted to point out that I expressed, often, during these pre-election threads, the belief that there could be violence if he won.  I am very pleased to admit I was mostly wrong about that and that even what violence there has been, has been more symbolic than virulent.  If this is the total extent of it then once again, I misjudged.  I'm happy to say so...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2016/11/09/donald-trump-victory-sets-off-protests-both-coasts/p6tHs50DLRrywarDlso91J/story.html

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
5 minutes ago, and then said:

Oh, while we're on the topic of "I told'ee so"  I just wanted to point out that I expressed, often, during these pre-election threads, the belief that there could be violence if he won.  I am very pleased to admit I was mostly wrong about that and that even what violence there has been, has been more symbolic than virulent.  If this is the total extent of it then once again, I misjudged.  I'm happy to say so...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2016/11/09/donald-trump-victory-sets-off-protests-both-coasts/p6tHs50DLRrywarDlso91J/story.html

well, we are not yet out of the woods, Katy perry calls for revolution in her tweets, lol,  she can take that blue robe with "i'm with madam president" and shove it deep. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Guess we can't blame Obama any more.:lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
6 hours ago, Habitat said:

There was zero bile about Hillary on Australian media, if Australians got to vote on this, I'd reckon she'd have got 75% of the vote here. It was a Trump-bashing media frenzy from go to whoa. The 51st state might have pushed it over the line for Hillary. It was just so PC to give her the tick here, and so un-PC to even think Trump electable. Australians have lost it !

 
 

I hope you aren't correct but it seems you could be.  My part of America still has an idealized view of those down under as a hardy, independent and brash group that has a lot of common sense and who probably only think of "PC" being better than a Mac.  I guess the scare-mongering of the media elites reached all the way around the globe.  It should make rational people wonder exactly what it is about a somewhat narcissistic businessman, entering the final era of life, that so badly frightens them?  Trump may end up being the worst president America has ever had.  You know what else?  He might actually be able to do some good and rebuild some trust among our citizens if he's given a chance.  He has about 24 months to try.  He can't do it alone but he is positioned exactly as Obama was in 2008.  Let's see how he rolls and then we can see if the world will give him a fair hearing.  If they don't, screw them.  One thing is for damned sure, if we don't ALL begin trying to find compromise and solutions to our problems, this country - followed shortly by most of the rest - are going down for a while, maybe a LONG, while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14

It amazes me that every democrat I have seen on TV is blaming this on sexism and nothing else.  I can say, as an American, that the genders involved had nothing to do with the vast majority of votes against Hillary Clinton.  I am a right wing guy who hangs with a mostly right wing group of diverse people an not once have I ever heard anyone say I'll never vote for a woman.   Many wished that Condee Rice would run  but she said hell no. 

That said, I am very happy that the DNC is taking this path to resurrection, it is always fun to watch your enemy learn the wrong lesson so you can nail them again. 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sweetpumper
2 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

It amazes me that every democrat I have seen on TV is blaming this on sexism and nothing else. 

 

As always, they're playing the victim card.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
2 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

It amazes me that every democrat I have seen on TV is blaming this on sexism and nothing else.  I can say, as an American, that the genders involved had nothing to do with the vast majority of votes against Hillary Clinton.  I am a right wing guy who hangs with a mostly right wing group of diverse people an not once have I ever heard anyone say I'll never vote for a woman.   Many wished that Condee Rice would run  but she said hell no. 

That said, I am very happy that the DNC is taking this path to resurrection, it is always fun to watch your enemy learn the wrong lesson so you can nail them again. 

 

Hilary has made her speech and she slipped in the "woman" thing a few times. I believe a lot of people saw through this during her campaign and were not going to be swayed by the "woman" issue, the people wanted to hear what she would have brought to the American people, and b****iness was not a deal breaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DingoLingo
5 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

It amazes me that every democrat I have seen on TV is blaming this on sexism and nothing else.  I can say, as an American, that the genders involved had nothing to do with the vast majority of votes against Hillary Clinton.  I am a right wing guy who hangs with a mostly right wing group of diverse people an not once have I ever heard anyone say I'll never vote for a woman.   Many wished that Condee Rice would run  but she said hell no. 

That said, I am very happy that the DNC is taking this path to resurrection, it is always fun to watch your enemy learn the wrong lesson so you can nail them again. 

 

I agree.. somehow I don't think it was only just the males of America who voted for trump..

Hillary was the wrong candidate to choose its simple..

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilly
50 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

Because the polls reflected what they wanted it to reflect, not what was actually going on.

I actually posted a thread about this very possibility. Looks like it was correct.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
2 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

I agree.. somehow I don't think it was only just the males of America who voted for trump..

Hillary was the wrong candidate to choose its simple..

Actually trump r3eceived a higher number of votes from minorities than Romney did. Pretty decisive statement about Hillary considering the media pretty much uniformly characterized him as sexist and racist 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DingoLingo

the best way to know who will win..

is listen to the bookies.. they had him pegged as president hours before the polls closed..

I really should have dropped the 100 on him to win like I was going to lol.. because when I looked he was at $62 to hillarys $4..

ahh well.. missed opportunity

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
4 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

welcome to the global world that America created :) unless you plan to go back to the 1930's but if you want your country to be what is now.. you better get used to it and learn to care.

You disappoint me Dingo.  You've seemed pretty squared away and rational in most of your posts.  Yeah, the US has been the pre-eminent Western power since WWII but "the world we created"?  That kind of blame-laying is excessive.  What? none of the other countries on the planet have had an influence in their direction?  All responsibility for their current condition is down to U.S. actions?  You don't really believe that of Australia and you KNOW it.  My country is screwed up in a lot of ways - so is yours.  So are ALL of the rest.  Demonizing my country is the same as demonizing my friends, family and myself.  I wouldn't presume to do that of you or yours.  Heads up for you - the global economy will be collapsing at some point, guaranteed.  The U.S. will likely be like Russia in the 90's in that our primary claim to "world power" will be due to our nuclear arsenal.  The smug and self-righteous around the globe will probably think that's a good thing, initially at least.  So hold on to that, maybe it will comfort you.  Funny thing, though, when was the last time you recall seeing ships and aircraft with relief supplies for disaster areas, bearing the emblem of Russia, India, ANY Islamic nation, or most of the relatively wealthy countries of western Europe?  With the E.U. and China, that is changing somewhat now but I think you take my point.  America behaves as all "great powers" have over the modern era.  No better or worse.  In fact, I'd say we have a way to go yet to catch up to the brutality of many others.  Those who so loudly bemoan America's undue influence might recall that we also picked up the tab for 90% or so of defense costs for the West since WWII.  Most Americans would probably be willing to trade that influence for lower taxes.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.

Please don't stop, I'm enjoying this.

This is one of the best days of my life.

I always said Trump would prevail and posted that prediction many times.

The best part is watching the celebs cry and make travel plans, which I also said would happen.

Have a nice life elsewhere!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

no one is going anywhere, in any other country they would not be what they are now. only in america, i'd love to see them leave, but it wont happen. but then i was not that optimistic about trump's win either,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
14 minutes ago, and then said:

You disappoint me Dingo.  You've seemed pretty squared away and rational in most of your posts.  Yeah, the US has been the pre-eminent Western power since WWII but "the world we created"?  That kind of blame-laying is excessive.  What? none of the other countries on the planet have had an influence in their direction?  All responsibility for their current condition is down to U.S. actions?  You don't really believe that of Australia and you KNOW it.  My country is screwed up in a lot of ways - so is yours.  So are ALL of the rest.  Demonizing my country is the same as demonizing my friends, family and myself.  I wouldn't presume to do that of you or yours.  Heads up for you - the global economy will be collapsing at some point, guaranteed.  The U.S. will likely be like Russia in the 90's in that our primary claim to "world power" will be due to our nuclear arsenal.  The smug and self-righteous around the globe will probably think that's a good thing, initially at least.  So hold on to that, maybe it will comfort you.  Funny thing, though, when was the last time you recall seeing ships and aircraft with relief supplies for disaster areas, bearing the emblem of Russia, India, ANY Islamic nation, or most of the relatively wealthy countries of western Europe?  With the E.U. and China, that is changing somewhat now but I think you take my point.  America behaves as all "great powers" have over the modern era.  No better or worse.  In fact, I'd say we have a way to go yet to catch up to the brutality of many others.  Those who so loudly bemoan America's undue influence might recall that we also picked up the tab for 90% or so of defense costs for the West since WWII.  Most Americans would probably be willing to trade that influence for lower taxes.

I think what dingo is saying is that it made him happy to see America on the decline.  There are psychological reasons for being happy when others fail, I'll leave those up to you, but America said we don't need to go down the drain because the left says we deserve to be there for succeeding in the first place.    Sad but true.

11 minutes ago, -ZZ- said:

Please don't stop, I'm enjoying this.

This is one of the best days of my life.

I always said Trump would prevail and posted that prediction many times.

The best part is watching the celebs cry and make travel plans, which I also said would happen.

Have a nice life elsewhere!

Yes you did ZZ and you never varied.  Well done sir, you called it and took the slings and arrows that came your way!

 

 

 

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

On a brighter note, their local drinking and dining establishments (and drug connections) should have an uptick in economic activity for awhile.  Must soothe the pain, eh?  Ridiculous but I guess I'd feel exactly the same had the decision gone the other way.  The exasperating thing is that these people cannot seem to grasp WHY so many diverse people from all over the country, voted as they did.  That is the really troubling thing about the celebrity reactions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

I wonder if this is a time to invest in celebrity rehab businesses?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Claire.

It wasn't the outcome I expected or wanted, but I'm genuinely glad that many of you are happy with it. I don't know what lies ahead for us, but I hope that whatever it is, your lives will be all the better for it.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

=

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

The headlines that are calling this an upset or even a stunning election loss need to concede that their guess at a winner was wrong. Instead of admitting an error they are pulling a CYA, cover your ass, move and pretending this was a stunning upset.

The problem lies in their judgement. The problem lies in the polling which was off. The issue is not to pretend that this was stunning. The issue is to admit being wrong and determining the cause of the error and looking for a fix. Why was the polling off? Why did the pundits get it wrong yet again?

The real problem is that instead of reporting like they are supposed to do they were actually propagandizing and trying to influence the vote and they can't understand why it didn't work.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
1 minute ago, Clair said:

It wasn't the outcome I expected or wanted, but I'm genuinely glad that many of you are happy with it. I don't know what lies ahead for us, but I hope that whatever it is, your lives will be all the better for it.

I congratulated Chaosrose for showing up this morning and facing the music and have to say the same to you Clair.  Don't agree in anyway with you politically but it takes gust to show up after a big loss and face the music. Well done mam. :tu:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey

If I see any MSM poll references in the next election I'm going to slap somebody.

Quote

The HuffPost presidential forecast gives Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton a 98 percent chance of winning the general election on Tuesday. That means we’re pretty darn certain that ― barring some major catastrophe, scandal or nearly every single poll being wrong ― Clinton will be elected.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.