Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Official I told you so thread.

Kurzweil

The Dewy defeats Truman poll was the second worst error in polling. The worst was Adelai Stevens beats FDR.

Dewey sample size: 50,000

Stevens sample size: 1.2 million

Just to clarify for us unedumacated and media-brain-washed aussies (although I can't help wondering why youse-all care what we think..).

Given that Hilary is an evil criminal as you keep telling us... why isn't she incarcerated?  Is the US justice system that corrupt (in which case you guys are &&&&& no matter how you look at it..)?  Or is it just incompetence on the part of investigators?  Or is it that it's a bit like Trumps taxation approach - you use every trick in the book to make money and avoid paying anything that you can manipulate to your advantage..

If it's the last one, then it seems a bit of one rule for one, another for anyone you don't like.  If it's the former ones, well, like I said, you guys are not living in a nice place.  If it's something else... please elaborate.

Me, I go by innocent until proven guilty.  We're funny about that down here..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bee said:

time will tell -

but I thought his first speech as President Elect was very good and his attitude was spot on -

Well I thought it was too. He was gracious and inclusive to all Americans. Not the sort of thing you'd expect from someone who's made a career being larger than life. I guess the entire process of winning the presidency has humbled him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

We had practically the same issue 8 years ago when we had a president that had almost no experience. Seems like the voters prefer a president with little to no experience.

According to most of the republican voters on this forum, Obama was a failure.

13 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Just to clarify for us unedumacated and media-brain-washed aussies (although I can't help wondering why youse-all care what we think..).

Given that Hilary is an evil criminal as you keep telling us... why isn't she incarcerated?  Is the US justice system that corrupt?

Unfortunately, it was the Obama Administration that was corrupt.

DOJ Blocked FBI Investigation

DOJ Blocked FBI #2

In her secret emails, we see that Obama was well aware that she was using a private email server even though he swore he had no knowledge of it.

Thankfully, he's done and so is Hillary. Without Obama's cronies in Office, justice may finally be served.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Given that Hilary is an evil criminal as you keep telling us... why isn't she incarcerated?  Is the US justice system that corrupt (in which case you guys are &&&&& no matter how you look at it..)?  Or is it just incompetence on the part of investigators?  Or is it that it's a bit like Trumps taxation approach - you use every trick in the book to make money and avoid paying anything that you can manipulate to your advantage..

If it's the last one, then it seems a bit of one rule for one, another for anyone you don't like.  If it's the former ones, well, like I said, you guys are not living in a nice place.  If it's something else... please elaborate.

Are you been deliberately disingenuous? Do you really think someone with that many powerful friends behind her would be subject to the normal processes of law? They're for the ordinary people! 

From the evidence seen here, Australians do seem to have a very trusting view of the world of politics. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Yes the US justice system is that corrupt. I offer Brock Turner as recent evidence of that. For more direct evidence I point you to the US marine who is facing charges and the loss of his career for the exact same crime as the Secretary of State and she of course is not facing charges.  Your ability to receive or face justice is entirely predicated on how powerful you are, who you know or how much money you have. 

Remember Bill Clinton meeting with Loretta Lynch on the tarmac? Average people would have been arrested for attempting to influence the outcome of an investigation. America has devolved into an oligarchy. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

From the evidence seen here, Australians do seem to have a very trusting view of the world of politics. 

yea, i got that feeling as well, but not all, some are very much live in reality, and can see world for what it  really is.

now the bigger question is why? is Australian politics,  justice system is so flawless, or they were conditioned to believe it is?  imo it is the 2nd. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

I've been trying to decide which anthem would be best for the Big Man's inauguration. Either this 

or this 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

From the evidence seen here, 

And what evidence would that be ?

1 hour ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Australians do seem to have a very trusting view of the world of politics. 

I don't ....so stop making broad statements.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Habitat said:

All I heard from people was contempt for Trump, no-one mentioned how they despised Hillary. The media coverage here never explained why Hillary was deeply unpopular with so many.

The contempt for Trump was purely emotive.  The criticism of Hillary was based on a course of conduct.

Edited by Mangoze
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Yes the US justice system is that corrupt. I offer Brock Turner as recent evidence of that. For more direct evidence I point you to the US marine who is facing charges and the loss of his career for the exact same crime as the Secretary of State and she of course is not facing charges.  Your ability to receive or face justice is entirely predicated on how powerful you are, who you know or how much money you have. 

Remember Bill Clinton meeting with Loretta Lynch on the tarmac? Average people would have been arrested for attempting to influence the outcome of an investigation. America has devolved into an oligarchy. 

That was a sound and mature response Farmer....it's good to see there were no 'knee jerk' sarcastic remarks.

1 hour ago, aztek said:

is Australian politics,  justice system is so flawless, or they were conditioned to believe it is?  imo it is the 2nd. 

No, of course our justice system isn't flawless. No country does have a perfect political system. You are showing your ignorance. 

• Like 1

Just a friendly PSA and moderator reminder.... In light of the election results the the United States, there are several hot topics about it going on right now. Keep in mind a few things folks...

Forum rules, found here: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/guidelines/

Things like name calling, flaimbaiting, personal attacks, subject bashing, racism and hatred, and abusive behavior are not only unnecessary and unwarranted in UM discussions, they are also flat out against the rules. Also keep in mind that some of our youngest members on UM are 13 years old. Keep a civil tongue please.

Also keep in mind the guidelines for this area of UM specifically.

'United States and the Americas' board guidelines

When posting in the news and politics boards please bear the following in mind:

• Do not post (or link to sites containing) graphic or violent images or videos
  • Do not post hate speech, racist or racially motivated material, links, articles or views.
  • Avoid copying and pasting entire articles - only quote a snippet and then link to the rest.

Please also be aware that the current affairs boards are provided as a casual platform for the discussion of mainstream news stories. Altercations over highly sensitive issues ( such as those on the matters of race or discrimination ) are likely to result in thread closure.

As always, if you think a member is acting in rule breaking behavior- please report it instead of engaging in it in the forums. Also keep in mind section 6 of the UM rules.

Again.. this is just a friendly PSA.. I'm not calling anyone out. Reminding everyone that we can discuss these topics nicely and in a civil manner.

~rashore, moderating team~

3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Corruption at very high levels of government, probably as high as the oval office itself.  One of the reasons an outsider got as far as president elect.

It's so sad that Liberals think Trump supporters like me, fly a rebel flag, have rednecks, drive pickup trucks, own many guns and rifles, hunt, have cows, own tractors etc.. And they are wrong, I don't fly a rebel flag.

But seriously, just give the guy a chance. He is not a politician, and that is our best hope for fixing a broken system.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Silver_Lyre said:

According to most of the republican voters on this forum, Obama was a failure.

I have not seen people posting party affiliations here. I suppose you are suggesting people critical of president Obama are republicans. They might be democrats, libertarians, progressives, union party, green party,, or independent or something other than what I have listed.

I don't think he was a failure. I do view him as a novice. I expect the same from Trump. Obama was and is a great campaigner. He tried to run his presidency by campaigning and by edict and learned over time that neither was the manner in which a president runs the office. I think Obama was a middle ability president, not bad and not great. My hope is that each president including Trump do at least as well. It's a tough job and no matter what you do there will be many people that will be unhappy with your performance.

Please be careful of labeling those critical of the president of being in one party or another.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Well, If they pay for the plane ticket to their house, I will gladly help a few pack up, and leave America like they said they would, If Trump won.

The video in that article actually has a nice melody.

8 hours ago, and then said:

I hope you aren't correct but it seems you could be.  

It is not true that there was no bad publicity for Hillary here. It took a while true, but it was there. I remember saying in a thread about how I had only heard bad things about Trump in the media and nothing about Hillary, then a few days later I had to correct myself as all of a sudden I saw her on the news night after night about the emails, the deplorables comments, the wiki leak, and her lying to her people. Even the health issues, I saw the stumble into the Limo on the news that night after reading about it on here.

Not sure who would have won here to be honest, the campaign was not held here, and that seemed to the the turning point. John Howard criticised both candidates for turning away from the Trans-Pacific Partnership back in February. And his voice gets heard I assure you.

There was more coverage of Trump's public "moments" but he gave the media the opportunities, they are going to take them if they are there. As such, Ms Clinton was not seen in quite the same light, but hardly painted an angel. I would admit to that much, but things like the email stuff just had no impact here from what I saw. Hard to put apples with apples there to be honest. One thing, I think this will make an impact on how future elections are held. Many said Pauline Hanson would never get in, but there she is with her seat in the senate and three of her colleagues beside her. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Yes, she is guilty of violating the Classified materials laws.   More important the largest Public Corruption investigation since the Teapot Dome scandal is underway on the Clinton Foundation.  in that major case the FBI recommended impaneling the grand jury and the Department of Justice refused.  If you are completely unaware of the allegations concerning the Clinton Foundation there are dozens of links all throughout the forum as are debates about the handling of classified material. 

From personal experience she should have been imprisoned for how she handles SCI Top Secret information and it infuriated the DoD, FBI and any other department that handles classified material to see her walk away without a penalty when we all know someone who has been punished for much less.   Word is that Obama will pardon both Clintons on his way out the door.

here is another thing ChrLzs, having lived with teh Clintons for 20 years now teh question is when haven't they been under investigation?  Seriously, it is exhausting.  Look up uraniun to russia for a primer on the pay for play scam they were running.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Are you been deliberately disingenuous? Do you really think someone with that many powerful friends behind her would be subject to the normal processes of law? They're for the ordinary people! 

Well in Australia: David Combe and Mick young didn't survive the apprehension of a security risk; and, Michael McKellar and John Moore didn't survive a cover-up.  More recently Craig Thompson didn't survive fraud. Australians don't really have experience of politicians surviving scandal.  Pauline Hanson maybe; but she served time - she paid.

If you had even seen, media mogul, Kerry Packer's performance in front of a Senate Estimates committee you would've got an insight into what is real power.

I thought the FBI have basically said criminal prosecution is unlikely to be successful.  The may be some administrative process available.

It's all moot.  Hillary has already been judged by the American people/

• Like 3

From what I heard he called back the investigation so the current president couldn't pardon her. Once Trump is sworn in the files will reopen. Lots of dirt too clean up and Comey knows it. He's playing the cards right.

Edited by Kurzweil
  • Like 2

We did it, we took back our country.  I knew we could...I'll tell you what though, it was very scary knowing how close we  came in our lifetime to loosing our country and i don't mean just loosing an election, I mean just what i said, we almost lost our country . We have lot's of work to do. I'm confident that it will get done with President Trump.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked