Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Now that Trump has won...

Baz Dane

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

That might actually be fun. To see Joy and Whoopi going on a tear, and being verbally abusive. 

If they can get out of bed to appear. ; )

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skliss said:

I did retail when I was young and I have two siblings who've made it their careers...most people are smart enough to know you get what you pay for on big items like fridges. That doesn't mean they don't wait for it to be on sale.

talking on a global level here :)

I cant think of the last time I saw a made in America product on the shelves here.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, seeder said:

At least the brewing war with Russia can now be resolved.... that was my big concern if Clinton got in...

Yeah, I was really worried about that as well.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Wickian said:

I expect an awful lot of people, many of whom are celebrities, to renounce their U.S. citizenship as they claimed they would.  If not then they should all be called out on it at least once.

They won't.  All of these US-hating idiots that make such boasts would never want to give up those US $$$.

56 minutes ago, Wickian said:

Hyperbole is well and good when you're saying things on the spot(as long as it doesn't affect anyone else), but you can't complain about a little teasing or poking afterwards if you don't follow through.

They can't, but they will.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

Yeah, I was really worried about that as well.

the smart people around the world were very worried about that.. its going to be interesting to see which way it will play out..

and that is the one good thing about Trump getting the role

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

My expectations are now that Trump has won nothing will change. Trump is simply Obama for republicans, hope and change being sold by a fresh face, an "outsider" in order to keep people buying into the system.  We will continue on the path the military industrial complex, federal reserve and corporate lobbyists have had us on for the last 50 years. 

You might be right...or maybe not. Now, if we had just elected Jeb Bush I'd say you were definitely right. With Trump, who knows? The man is just chock full of surprises...it's a bit nerve wracking I must admit.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I'm volunteering to help celebrities pack their bags and move. Streisand is right at the top of my list to ship away.

I'd volunteer as well,  but I'd prefer not to get too close to them.  Their hatred and intolerance might physically sicken me.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Lilly said:

You might be right...or maybe not. Now, if we had just elected Jeb Bush I'd say you were definitely right. With Trump, who knows? The man is just chock full of surprises...it's a bit nerve wracking I must admit.

Even my cynical self has allowed a tiny modicum of hope to enter my mind. I think I said it yesterday but this is one case i would love to be wrong about. 

8 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I'm volunteering to help celebrities pack their bags and move. Streisand is right at the top of my list to ship away.

Seriously, do you think of them might really move?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

talking on a global level here :)

I cant think of the last time I saw a made in America product on the shelves here.

And that's exactly why Trump won....

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, stereologist said:

we don't want her.. before you get any ideas :)

Just now, Lilly said:

Has Mrs Clinton spoken yet? Guess I'm gonna miss it live as I have to go to the dentist for a teeth cleaning.

10:30.....supposedly

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

Has Mrs Clinton spoken yet? Guess I'm gonna miss it live as I have to go to the dentist for a teeth cleaning.

Not yet. Maybe she is having her teeth cleaned.

2 minutes ago, skliss said:

10:30.....supposedly

Yeah, I'll be getting my teeth scrapped byt then...but it won't be nearly as painful as what Mrs Clinton will be feeling!

I leave you with this:

Oh, somewhere in this favoured land the sun is shining bright,

The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light;
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children
     shout,
But there is no joy in Mudville—mighty Casey has struck out. [/b]

From the poem "Casey at the Bat"

Edited by Lilly
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Seriously, do you think of them might really move?

I do hope that Al Sharpton moves. The problem is that he is a convicted felon making it less likely that he can go someplace else.

Convicted felon Al is at the top of my list.

• Like 2

oh and another good thing about trump

No TPP :D

heh I'd buy him a beer on that one

The one person who threatened to move and cannot without resigning is Ginsburg who is a supreme court justice.

Hopefully, her moment of fantasy has gone so that she can continue to be a productive member of the court.

I expect that Clinton will drop into obscurity. She is older and her health did not look the best. I think if she remains politically active that she will be investigated. She has an out which is to go out quietly.

• Like 1

I think it's a wonderful sign how reserved Trump was last night. He could have bragged, he could have gloated, I mean he's an egomaniac narcasssitist according to a lot of people. But he didn't.   He was reponsoble in his speech, because as I've said before, I think he genuinely does love America and wants to  see it healed. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I expect that Clinton will drop into obscurity.

Good.  This country needs less interference from the Clintons.  Their time is over.  No more Clintons.  No more Bushes.  No more Obama.

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

She is older and her health did not look the best. I think if she remains politically active that she will be investigated. She has an out which is to go out quietly.

I courted the idea of the investigation kicking into high gear, pressing charges, and Obama pardoning her just before he's out.  That will save her so she can vanish quietly.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rinna said:

I think it's a wonderful sign how reserved Trump was last night. He could have bragged, he could have gloated, I mean he's an egomaniac narcasssitist according to a lot of people. But he didn't.

He is, and yeah, I'm glad he didn't.

He was reponsoble in his speech, because as I've said before, I think he genuinely does love America and wants to  see it healed. 

I do too, but only time will tell if that actually starts to happen.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I wanna help! Can I?

• Like 1

Just now, Princess Serenity said:

I wanna help! Can I?

As soon as they wipe away the tears and are able to get themselves out of bed.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked