Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Now that Trump has won...

Baz Dane

50 minutes ago, and then said:

It makes me sad and distressed for our nation.  I think about 9-11 and the response of our people and I don't believe we would react the same way again.

We are responding kinda of the same way.  A bunch of people blaming the other people for the problems.

That's pretty much how we always act.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kurzweil said:

Use that spray on stuff. I heard it looks like real spray paint and makes you all handsome. I was going to get some for my butt and balls. You know to impress the chicks.

The folded-up socks go in the front, not the back, of your britches.

Harte

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Pick any of the novels that you posted. They show that you are invested in politics.

You pick any of them!   You're the one who claims they exist!

Pick a novel any novel.  Make your point.

On 11/23/2016 at 9:19 AM, Merc14 said:

My folks up north got a couple of feet of global warming over the last weekend.. 

I wouldn't trust the IPCC, a corrupt committee inside a corrupt organization (see oil for food), about anything.  Honestly, I gave it until next summer but Einie has already gone there!  LMFAO.  I mean the man isn't even sworn in and here is our resident safety[in wearer blaming Trump for AGW.  Unreal. 

The silly squad has taken over the democrat party and they aren't giving back and that suits me fine. 

Yup Merc everything is corrupt and rigged so long as it is against your beliefs and wants. The election is rigged (oh we won? Nevermind! how dare the democrats protest and how dare the green party ask for recounts!)

Your merry band of conservatives is showing its true ugliness to the world and it is going to take a decade to repair the damage they are going to cause.

We got snow! Global warming is not real! How naiive you are, how foolish your mentality.

13 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

Yup Merc everything is corrupt and rigged so long as it is against your beliefs and wants. The election is rigged (oh we won? Nevermind! how dare the democrats protest and how dare the green party ask for recounts!)

There is zero proof that any polling stations were hacked and the green party has said as much.  This is pure silliness but hey, it is your money and any time I see leftists getting bilked I'll stand aside and enjoy watching the tantrum.  ;) 

Your merry band of conservatives is showing its true ugliness to the world and it is going to take a decade to repair the damage they are going to cause.

Oh please!  Obama has set US foreign policy back decades in his miserable 8 years in office and the true ugliness is the left's inability to admit it. 

We got snow! Global warming is not real! How naiive you are, how foolish your mentality.

You completely missed the context of that discussion and that is absolutely NOT what I meant or said.   Your apology is expected after you go back and read what was said and why we posted those statements in jest.  Thanks in advance.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

There is zero proof that any polling stations were hacked and the green party has said as much.  This is pure silliness but hey, it is your money and any time I see leftists getting bilked I'll stand aside and enjoy watching the tantrum.  ;) 

Oh please!  Obama has set US foreign policy back decades in his miserable 8 years in office and the true ugliness is the left's inability to admit it. 

You completely missed the context of that discussion and that is absolutely NOT what I meant or said.   Your apology is expected after you go back and read what was said and why we posted those statements in jest.  Thanks in advance.

Climate

What is climate?
Climate is the average weather usually taken over a 30-year time period for a particular region and time period. Climate is not the same as weather, but rather, it is the average pattern of weather for a particular region. Weather describes the short-term state of the atmosphere
http://www.weatherwizkids.com/weather-climate.htm

Definition of weather
the meteorological conditions: temperature and wind and clouds and precipitation; "they were hoping for good weather"; "every day we have weather conditions and yesterday was no exception"

http://dictionary.kids.net.au/word/weather

you were home schooled by poor teachers, huh?..too bad

3 minutes ago, FredTheManiac said:

Climate

What is climate?
Climate is the average weather usually taken over a 30-year time period for a particular region and time period. Climate is not the same as weather, but rather, it is the average pattern of weather for a particular region. Weather describes the short-term state of the atmosphere
http://www.weatherwizkids.com/weather-climate.htm

Definition of weather
the meteorological conditions: temperature and wind and clouds and precipitation; "they were hoping for good weather"; "every day we have weather conditions and yesterday was no exception"

http://dictionary.kids.net.au/word/weather

you were home schooled by poor teachers, huh?..too bad

See Fred, you need to go back and read the actual context of those statements, son, before getting unhinged.  :rolleyes:  Apology is expected after you go back and do your homework son.   

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I do apologize about the global warming comment, I need to do a more thorough job of reading back through posts.

I don't think the recount is necessary and I certainly did not donate money to push it forward. You have to admit though, that the hypocrisy is unbelievable on both sides. On the one side you have Trump who himself never said he would accept the results of the election (unless he won) and claimed numerous times that our electoral system is rigged. His claims de-legitimized our electoral system in the eyes of many of his supporters, and now that the green party is pursuing a recount which will undoubtedly confirm that our system is working Trump is whining about it. Then to top if off he claims that millions of illegal votes were cast and he would have won the popular vote if those votes were discounted- a claim that has ZERO evidence to back it up. You see how amazingly hypocritical that is? It is spectacularly hypocritical, unprecedented! Coming from anyone else but Trump I would be shocked and outraged, but this is just typical Trump sadly.

As for your claim that Obama set US foreign policy back decades I think that is debatable and history will be the true judge. The world is changing and we must change with it. Bush Jr. indisputably damaged our foreign policy and pushed many allies away from us, not to mention his failed and flawed war in Iraq. We have made HUGE mistakes time and again going back to the end of WW2 and we would be smart to admit and recognize our mistakes and correct them where possible. We overreacted to 9/11 and made things worse in the middle east than they were before. To blame all that on Obama is just as much of a fallacy as to blame it all on Bush Jr.

The republicans made certain that Obama would be a failure once they took back congress. They simply refused to work with him on basically anything and everything. It is clear to me now that the republicans have stooped to a level so low that they are not beyond shutting the govt. down, wasting billions of dollars, and just blocking anything the democrats try to do so that they can blame the democrats for the failure they caused and use that to win the next election for themselves. A strategy that unfortunately is working for them and will therefore continue to be used by the republicans going forward- which means that for the foreseeable future if a democrat is in power nothing will ever get done in this country.

But people will hopefully see, once again, that the republican platform does not work. Trumps tax plan is idiotic and will only serve to fatten the fat cats at the expense of everyone else. The foreign policy of the republicans in the last couple decades has been even more disastrous then that of the democrats. Now you have huge numbers of Trump supporters who believe all kinds of fake made up news stories and these supporters literally live in a false reality. It is extremely dangerous, it harkens back to the propaganda campaigns of despicable regimes the world over. We are going to pay a dear price for our ignorance and our idiocy.

2 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

The republicans made certain that Obama would be a failure once they took back congress. They simply refused to work with him on basically anything and everything. It is clear to me now that the republicans have stooped to a level so low that they are not beyond shutting the govt. down, wasting billions of dollars, and just blocking anything the democrats try to do so that they can blame the democrats for the failure they caused and use that to win the next election for themselves. A strategy that unfortunately is working for them and will therefore continue to be used by the republicans going forward- which means that for the foreseeable future if a democrat is in power nothing will ever get done in this country.

going by history.. republicans have kinda been like that..

Unfortunately for the world.. Republicans do not have a good track record with the economy .. looking at the economic history.. each time the republicans have held both houses has lead to a rather big economic downturn/depression..

I wonder if history will repeat itself again

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

Sure, when your "history" is made up of whatever you prefer to read on the internet.

Some of us actually live in the US and actually experienced what Democrats did when Republicans held the White House.

My memory goes all the way back to Ike.  I think I might know a little something about the subject.

Harte

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Harte said:

My memory goes all the way back to Ike.  I think I might know a little something about the subject.

Harte

Ike...you do go back a ways.  But I remember him too...and all I can say is good on Tina for dumping his abusive ass.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Yamato said:

You pick any of them!   You're the one who claims they exist!

Pick a novel any novel.  Make your point.

Choose any long post. Some of them are the forum equivalent of "War And Peace". 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Einsteinium said:

You have to admit though, that the hypocrisy is unbelievable on both sides. On the one side you have Trump who himself never said he would accept the results of the election (unless he won) and claimed numerous times that our electoral system is rigged. His claims de-legitimized our electoral system in the eyes of many of his supporters, and now that the green party is pursuing a recount which will undoubtedly confirm that our system is working Trump is whining about it. Then to top if off he claims that millions of illegal votes were cast and he would have won the popular vote if those votes were discounted- a claim that has ZERO evidence to back it up. You see how amazingly hypocritical that is? It is spectacularly hypocritical, unprecedented! 

Yes hypocrisy reigns, especially when it comes to politics. Not to mention broken promises. (Iv'e seen it all before)

It seems we as human beings only want to remember what we 'choose' to remember when it suits us.

-Definition of Selected Memory-

noun
1. euphemistic an ability to remember some facts while apparently forgetting others, especially when they are inconvenient ⇒ We seem to have a selective memory for the best bits of the past., ⇒ It appears that he has a selective memory., ⇒ baby boomers with selective memories about the sixties
2. psychology the ability to retrieve certain facts and events but not others

Example sentences containing 'selective memory'

`And all this time I thought you were suffering from selective memory syndrome.'

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

Unfortunately for the world.. Republicans do not have a good track record with the economy .. looking at the economic history.. each time the republicans have held both houses has lead to a rather big economic downturn/depression..

I wonder if history will repeat itself again

I don't know about that. Things were hopping back in the '90s during the Gingrich era.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Choose any long post. Some of them are the forum equivalent of "War And Peace". 

You choose any long post.   You'll find precious little about politics but plenty about policy.   Politics doesn't determine a single thing about anything.   I've washed it off. 

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

What date will we know that Jeff Sessions has the O.K from congress to be confirmed in as attorney general?

Don't quote me but I believe Trump needs  to be sworn in before doing anything as President which leads to the question of why is there a thread about him keeping campaign promises when the man isn't even sworn in yet? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Don't quote me but I believe Trump needs  to be sworn in before doing anything as President which leads to the question of why is there a thread about him keeping campaign promises when the man isn't even sworn in yet? 

I was looking for the next vote in the senate,  but nothing, I can't find anything.I saw where I think someone was sworn in or confirmed  A.G in I think April. Hopefully after he gets sworn in which undoubtedly has to occur first that day or the next day they the senate can vote Sessions in A.S.A.P

The question of why.   It's because the candidates don't match up good with the promises.   It's why Rand Paul keeps saying he'd like for Donald Trump to agree with himself.

4 minutes ago, Yamato said:

The question of why.   It's because the candidates don't match up good with the promises.   It's why Rand Paul keeps saying he'd like for Donald Trump to agree with himself.

agree with himself, is  Rand Paul  being sarcastic?

Edited by Ellapennella

Just now, Ellapennella said:

agree with himself, is  Rand Paul  being sarcastic?

No he's dead serious.

Donald Trump looks like a different means to the same end, maintaining (ergo... jacking around with) the balance of power in global/geopolitics.

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

why is there a thread about him keeping campaign promises when the man isn't even sworn in yet? 

Under the circumstances - I can't see anything wrong with that particular thread.

After all - some of the pledges he had made whilst campaigning obviously helped the man get elected and over the line with voters ..no ? 

And since he has now rescinded (or watered down) on a few of those pledges...one cannot help but wonder if it's any indication that more of what he had assured the people will come to fruition or not when he is officially inaugurated and beyond.

There is nothing wrong with at least 'admitting' to having some displeasure, even for the person one voted for who's shown some falsity with statements in their recent campaign that he backed down on.

Seriously - one would have to be living in complete bloody denial....especially when most of the world witnessed his words.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Astra. said:

Under the circumstances - I can't see anything wrong with that particular thread.

After all - some of the pledges he had made whilst campaigning obviously helped the man get elected and over the line with voters ..no ? 

And since he has now rescinded (or watered down) on a few of those pledges...one cannot help but wonder if it's any indication that more of what he had assured the people will come to fruition or not when he is officially inaugurated and beyond.

There is nothing wrong with at least 'admitting' to having some displeasure, even for the person one voted for who's shown some falsity with statements in their recent campaign that he backed down on.

Seriously - one would have to be living in complete bloody denial....especially when most of the world witnessed his words.

I have lived through several presidential elections and never have I seen anything like this month of post election absurdity from the media.  We are calling it fake news here in the states as the MSM is, literally,  making things up based on rumors and them reporting it as fact.   Words are not actions and until he actually does something for real I'll withhold the hysterical responses many are posting in that ridiculous thread. 

So far the only real things Trump has done is nominate a few cabinet members, another source of hysteria amongst the MSM who were lamenting how utterly out of control the Trump team is because they hadn't appointed anyone a week and a half after the election.  Why hysterical?  Because Obama didn't nominate a cabinet member until six weeks after the election.   So far he has nominated some very good people that would appear to be in line with his campaign pledges.

Other than that he has made some good tweets and some rather stupid ones and not much lese that they are talking about.  The rest is hysteria and fake news and that is the reality over here in the states.  

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Yamato said:

You choose any long post.   You'll find precious little about politics but plenty about policy.   Politics doesn't determine a single thing about anything.   I've washed it off. 

I'll get right on that. First, I have to sort my toothpicks by color.

• The topic was locked