Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Now that Trump has won...

Baz Dane

18 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Don't quote me but I believe Trump needs  to be sworn in before doing anything as President which leads to the question of why is there a thread about him keeping campaign promises when the man isn't even sworn in yet? 

It's reflective of the dishonest media's new goal of damaging or destroying the Trump administration. It's their new purpose. I watch NBC at 6:30 each day so that I can honestly criticize their coverage of Trump. It's unrelentingly negative, and they put negative spins on all positive news to make him look as bad as possible. It's like they're guerrilla "journalists". Their bias even is clear in how they word and phrase things. Obama continues to get a free pass from his NBC worshippers. They wouldn't cover a Democratic scandal if they got one on a silver platter.

9 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I have lived through several presidential elections and never have I seen anything like this month of post election absurdity from the media.  We are calling it fake news here in the states as the MSM is, literally,  making things up based on rumors and them reporting it as fact.   Words are not actions and until he actually does something for real I'll withhold the hysterical responses many are posting in that ridiculous thread. 

So far the only real things Trump has done is nominate a few cabinet members, another source of hysteria amongst the MSM who were lamenting how utterly out of control the Trump team is because they hadn't appointed anyone a week and a half after the election.  Why hysterical?  Because Obama didn't nominate a cabinet member until six weeks after the election.   So far he has nominated some very good people that would appear to be in line with his campaign pledges.

Other than that he has made some good tweets and some rather stupid ones and not much lese that they are talking about.  The rest is hysteria and fake news and that is the reality over here in the states.  

Merc do you really think that Trump will do what is best for the nation and put his own interests behind that of the nation?

Don't you think that this election was unique and unprecidented for numerous reasons, and therefore the public reaction is to be expected?

Do you think that the dissapointment and anger people are displaying because he was elected is unjustified?

Don't you think that anger and dissapointment is better channeled using legal and peaceful means to challenge him (recounts, peaceful protests) rather than violent rioting (sadly some have done this)?

What do you think people should do? Just sit down, shut up, and bow down to our next 'dear leader' unquestioningly?

Edited by Einsteinium

"What do you think people should do? Just sit down, shut up, and bow down to our next 'dear leader' unquestioningly? "

Wow! How do you think we've survived all those other Presidential elections in the past?  

46 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

"What do you think people should do? Just sit down, shut up, and bow down to our next 'dear leader' unquestioningly? "

Wow! How do you think we've survived all those other Presidential elections in the past?  

By holding them accountable and holding them to a high standard.

2 things we seem to have thrown out the window for Trump.

2 hours ago, Einsteinium said:

Merc do you really think that Trump will do what is best for the nation and put his own interests behind that of the nation?

So far he has shown me nothing to say that he will do anything other than what he promised.  His cabonet picks, to date, are all stolid conservative people that whose individual philosophies seem to be in-line with what he said would be his agenda during the campaign.

Don't you think that this election was unique and unprecidented for numerous reasons, and therefore the public reaction is to be expected?

I think the left's reaction is childish and shoes an ignorance and immaturity that embarrasses me as an American.  As far as unprecedented in US history please!  Look at 1860 for unprecedented.

Do you think that the dissapointment and anger people are displaying because he was elected is unjustified?

Being disappointed is a part of life,  i9 was very disappointed when Obama won a  second term because his first was such an abject failure. I Sucked it up, woke the next morning and went to work like an adult. It was a free election and the democrats lost at the federal, state and local levels just as they had in 2010, 2014 and now 2016.  

Don't you think that anger and dissapointment is better channeled using legal and peaceful means to challenge him (recounts, peaceful protests) rather than violent rioting (sadly some have done this)?

i think the recounts are there to delay the electors from voting therefore forcing congress to decided the presidency and thereby deligitiamiz a free election that was fairly won.  there is absolutely ZERO proof of computer hacking and in fact, Wisconsin's machines aren't even connected to the internet.  Am Is surprised the democrats are behaving like this?  Absolutely not, they are very corrupt party that threw the election for Hillary thereby alienating many of their voters who wanted a change from teh same old big business wall streeyt connected Hillary and therefore lost teh election by alienating huge sections of their once loyal base. 

What do you think people should do? Just sit down, shut up, and bow down to our next 'dear leader' unquestioningly?

Yes, that is what they should do if there is no sign that the republicans cheated, and there isn't, Jill Stein even admits this as does Obama and the DNC.  I and a great many of my friends were very unhappy that the failure Obama somehoe got relected but teh reason he did is 4 million republicans stayed home.  It was a fair election, we lost, suck it up and get behind the person drivin the bus for teh next four years,  that is what a free country with free elections does.  What you are cheering is banana republic politics complete with death threats and widespread violence,  There is abssolutley no justification for this behavior and they should abe jailed when they commit violence against their fellow citizens for no ther reason than their candidate lost.

I two years they can change teh congress and in four they can vote in a democrat just leike we have been doing for teh ast 250 years.  50% of the people are always disappointed in a free election and this one is no different.  Grow teh F up and vore next time instead of assuming your crooked candidate had already won.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

It's reflective of the dishonest media's new goal of damaging or destroying the Trump administration. It's their new purpose. I watch NBC at 6:30 each day so that I can honestly criticize their coverage of Trump. It's unrelentingly negative, and they put negative spins on all positive news to make him look as bad as possible. It's like they're guerrilla "journalists". Their bias even is clear in how they word and phrase things. Obama continues to get a free pass from his NBC worshippers. They wouldn't cover a Democratic scandal if they got one on a silver platter.

And when I watched Fox News at whatever o'clock each day I can honestly criticize their coverage of Obama.  It's unrelenting negative, and they put negative spins on all positive news to make him look as bad as possible.   US cable news media is universally biased and completely FoS.   Instead of choosing which FoS partisan outlet we like best, maybe we should reject them all.   Is it understandable that people get their news from alternative media outlets?   Yep. 

I note that Trump does not have to have any understanding of freedom of speech except when it applies to what he wants to say, nor any understanding that citizenship is not something that can be taken away (unless acquired fraudulently).  Flag burners should either be jailed or lose their citizenship.  Sheesh!!!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

So far he has shown me nothing to say that he will do anything other than what he promised.  His cabonet picks, to date, are all stolid conservative people that whose individual philosophies seem to be in-line with what he said would be his agenda during the campaign.

I think the left's reaction is childish and shoes an ignorance and immaturity that embarrasses me as an American.  As far as unprecedented in US history please!  Look at 1860 for unprecedented.

Being disappointed is a part of life,  i9 was very disappointed when Obama won a  second term because his first was such an abject failure. I Sucked it up, woke the next morning and went to work like an adult. It was a free election and the democrats lost at the federal, state and local levels just as they had in 2010, 2014 and now 2016.  

i think the recounts are there to delay the electors from voting therefore forcing congress to decided the presidency and thereby deligitiamiz a free election that was fairly won.  there is absolutely ZERO proof of computer hacking and in fact, Wisconsin's machines aren't even connected to the internet.  Am Is surprised the democrats are behaving like this?  Absolutely not, they are very corrupt party that threw the election for Hillary thereby alienating many of their voters who wanted a change from teh same old big business wall streeyt connected Hillary and therefore lost teh election by alienating huge sections of their once loyal base. 

Yes, that is what they should do if there is no sign that the republicans cheated, and there isn't, Jill Stein even admits this as does Obama and the DNC.  I and a great many of my friends were very unhappy that the failure Obama somehoe got relected but teh reason he did is 4 million republicans stayed home.  It was a fair election, we lost, suck it up and get behind the person drivin the bus for teh next four years,  that is what a free country with free elections does.  What you are cheering is banana republic politics complete with death threats and widespread violence,  There is abssolutley no justification for this behavior and they should abe jailed when they commit violence against their fellow citizens for no ther reason than their candidate lost.

I two years they can change teh congress and in four they can vote in a democrat just leike we have been doing for teh ast 250 years.  50% of the people are always disappointed in a free election and this one is no different.  Grow teh F up and vore next time instead of assuming your crooked candidate had already won.

Why do you attack someone by calling them a democrat when they disagree with you? It is very immature.

People were out protesting when Obama won do you not remember that or do you just choose to be willfully ignorant?

This election is unprecidented in MODERN history for numerous reasons and if you refuse to see that then you are being willfully ignorant.

What about the death threats agains Megyn Kelly made by Trump supporters? His supporters are just as much whiny cry-babies as the so called 'liberals'. I hope Trump does make America great again. I really do. But again and again the conservative economic 'trickle down' idea is a failed concept. It does not work. Deregulation does not work it is going to lead to another financial crisis. These things DONT WORK Merc! They don't! Time and time again the so called 'conservatives' try the same old bag of tricks! They seem to have no imagination or are just incapable of thinking of new ideas I am not sure which it is. It is honestly embarrassing and I for one cannot wait for the baby boomer generation to get the hell out of the way and let some fresh air in, they have been in the white house for 30 years now and have utterly destroyed FDRs new deal and caused numerous crisis that could have been avoided. This was the generation that grew up with cheap college, affordable health care, and all the benefits of the new deal and what do they do? Dismantle it and then whine and cry about how the mellinials are not going to be able to pay for their cushy social security benefits.

We will get through Trump, and we will not sit down and shut up and take our govt's crap with a smile.

• Like 3

Trump at some point is going to have to crack down on his people.  Members of a given administration cannot be "airing their dirty sheets in public" and be effective.  Of course right now, since he is now only President-elect, this is not so vital.  In the same sort of worry, he needs to get controllers who watch what he himself says and does and help him avoid putting his foot in his mouth -- honesty is one thing, but foolish and hurtful statements are to be avoided.

He is also going to have to remember that, for Republicans, Social Security is the third line, much as gun control is for Democrats.

I am pleased with some of the initiatives on taxes and health care reform, and especially on education, that seem to be in the works.  I have to say though that I worry very much about fascistic (not with a capital "F") stuff I'm hearing -- such as people who burn the flag should be jailed.  Burning someone else's property is vandalism, but if one buys one's own flag for the purpose it is clearly a form of public speech and needs protecting by people like the President.  He seems to have no understanding that freedom applies to everyone, not just those he agrees with.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

Why do you attack someone by calling them a democrat when they disagree with you? It is very immature.

So you didn't vote for Hillary?

People were out protesting when Obama won do you not remember that or do you just choose to be willfully ignorant?

I thought that it had been  established here that there is a difference between peaceful protests and violent rioting. 

This election is unprecidented in MODERN history for numerous reasons and if you refuse to see that then you are being willfully ignorant.

Are you justifying violent riots and death threast against electors because Trump winning wasn't reflected in the polls?

What about the death threats agains Megyn Kelly made by Trump supporters?

I would say that those people are delusional and need to be investigated, what do you say?  Are you suggesting the  because some lunatics threatened Megyn Kelly that widespread leftist threats against official electors is justified?    

His supporters are just as much whiny cry-babies as the so called 'liberals'.

Millions voted for Trump and a few threatened Kelly.  Electors in many states are getting death threats because leftists don't agree with the outcome of a legal election.  There is a difference here that I am amazed you don't see!  Shawn Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin get daily  death threats from wacko lefties but I don't remember widespread death threats against electors and election officials.  it is a dangerous precedent that any citizen of the US should be very much against, nit justifying by saying celebrities are threatened by wackos.   

I hope Trump does make America great again. I really do. But again and again the conservative economic 'trickle down' idea is a failed concept. It does not work. Deregulation does not work it is going to lead to another financial crisis.

History doesn't back you up but whatever.

These things DONT WORK Merc!

Sure they do.   I lived through Carter and watched Reagan bring the country back from ruin.

They don't! Time and time again the so called 'conservatives' try the same old bag of tricks!

Obama has accumulated more debt than every president combined and never achieved anything better than 3% GDP.  Guess what doesn't work, your parties philosophy

They seem to have no imagination or are just incapable of thinking of new ideas I am not sure which it is. It is honestly embarrassing and I for one cannot wait for the baby boomer generation to get the hell out of the way and let some fresh air in, they have been in the white house for 30 years now and have utterly destroyed FDRs new deal and caused numerous crisis that could have been avoided. This was the generation that grew up with cheap college, affordable health care, and all the benefits of the new deal and what do they do? Dismantle it and then whine and cry about how the mellinials are not going to be able to pay for their cushy social security benefits.

:rolleyes:

We will get through Trump, and we will not sit down and shut up and take our govt's crap with a smile.

I hope our country has survived Obama's failures.  $10T of additional debt and printing money like we are Venzuela guarantees a rough road ahead for any administration.   Obama is the first president to over see America's credit rating being lowered to a double AA and you were silent.   Obama supported the Muslim Brotherhood taking over Egypt and you were silent.  Obama and Hillary allowed Libya to be taken over by radical Islamists and thousands of high tech weapons sent to ISIS and you were silent.  Obama and Hillary and his entire administration lied openly about why our ambassador was killed in Libya, even throwing a man in jail for months for no reason (and no charges!) other than to support this lie in order to win and election and you were silent.   Obama laughed off ISIL, calling them the JV team and  you were silent and he fumbled Syria like no one's business causing a near war standing with Russia and you were silent.  etc. etc.

Now you want to stand up and protest a man who legally won an election but hasn't even been sworn in yet and insult me as blind and willfully ignorant because you are a man of honor and see things straight?  Please, spare me the hubris and just throw the insults.  You go right ahead because I have been warned that any similar insults from my side will not be tolerated.   

You get the last word Ein, I'm unfollowing before I get in more trouble.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Frank Merton said:

Trump at some point is going to have to crack down on his people.  Members of a given administration cannot be "airing their dirty sheets in public" and be effective.  Of course right now, since he is now only President-elect, this is not so vital.  In the same sort of worry, he needs to get controllers who watch what he himself says and does and help him avoid putting his foot in his mouth -- honesty is one thing, but foolish and hurtful statements are to be avoided.

He is also going to have to remember that, for Republicans, Social Security is the third line, much as gun control is for Democrats.

I am pleased with some of the initiatives on taxes and health care reform, and especially on education, that seem to be in the works.  I have to say though that I worry very much about fascistic (not with a capital "F") stuff I'm hearing -- such as people who burn the flag should be jailed.  Burning someone else's property is vandalism, but if one buys one's own flag for the purpose it is clearly a form of public speech and needs protecting by people like the President.  He seems to have no understanding that freedom applies to everyone, not just those he agrees with.

Maybe Obama and Hillary should "crack down on their people" as tehy are the ones threatening hundreds of electors and violently rioting.  Just sayin' Frank. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

You're quite right Frank, Trump needs to stop his people from rioting on the streets, throwing stuff at police, preventing universities and schools from functioning with their demands .... ohh wait....

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Remember, that last thing a liberal wants to do is admit who they are.

I thought that it had been  established here that there is a difference between peaceful protests and violent rioting. 

It was, how often do certain folks stay consistent, though?

Are you justifying violent riots and death threast against electors because Trump winning wasn't reflected in the polls?

Remember, in the mind of most liberals, two wrongs make a right.  Especially when it props up one of their agendas.

I would say that those people are delusional and need to be investigated, what do you say?  Are you suggesting the  because some lunatics threatened Megyn Kelly that widespread leftist threats against official electors is justified?    

Like I posted, some people just think two wrongs make a right.

Millions voted for Trump and a few threatened Kelly.  Electors in many states are getting death threats because leftists don't agree with the outcome of a legal election.  There is a difference here that I am amazed you don't see!  Shawn Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin get daily  death threats from wacko lefties but I don't remember widespread death threats against electors and election officials.  it is a dangerous precedent that any citizen of the US should be very much against, nit justifying by saying celebrities are threatened by wackos.

When it's a death threat against a conservative, it isn't really a death threat.  It's a peaceful protest.  /sarcasm

Sure they do.   I lived through Carter and watched Reagan bring the country back from ruin.

Obama has accumulated more debt than every president combined and never achieved anything better than 3% GDP.  Guess what doesn't work, your parties philosophy

I hope our country has survived Obama's failures.  $10T of additional debt and printing money like we are Venzuela guarantees a rough road ahead for any administration.   Obama is the first president to over see America's credit rating being lowered to a double AA and you were silent.   Obama supported the Muslim Brotherhood taking over Egypt and you were silent.  Obama and Hillary allowed Libya to be taken over by radical Islamists and thousands of high tech weapons sent to ISIS and you were silent.  Obama and Hillary and his entire administration lied openly about why our ambassador was killed in Libya, even throwing a man in jail for months for no reason (and no charges!) other than to support this lie in order to win and election and you were silent.   Obama laughed off ISIL, calling them the JV team and  you were silent and he fumbled Syria like no one's business causing a near war standing with Russia and you were silent.  etc. etc.

Liberal governments just seem to do no wrong, eh?  Hypocrisy.

Now you want to stand up and protest a man who legally won an election but hasn't even been sworn in yet and insult me as blind and willfully ignorant because you are a man of honor and see things straight?  Please, spare me the hubris and just throw the insults.  You go right ahead because I have been warned that any similar insults from my side will not be tolerated.   

The double standard of the left once again.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

We could care less if you're please or whatever.  This country isn't your concern.  You're "worries" aren't a concern for this country.  And you shouldn't dwell on the free speech here in the US, the alleged lack of it according to you, until your own area of the world evolves from it third world squalor and starts respecting actual free speech itself.

And the only lack of understanding is from you, not from Trump--who isn't even in office yet and you and your ilk have condemned him.  Talk about a gigantic pile of fear-mongering garbage...

BTW, lets see your proof that Trump "seems to have no understanding that freedom applied to everyone, not just those he agrees with."

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

You get the last word Ein, I'm unfollowing before I get in more trouble, different philosophy, different rules. 

I am very sorry to see that you are unfollowing. I was enjoying our debate and I thought you were being a very thorough and thoughtful person. I think we agree in more ways then you think, but I think we see things from a different perspective and describe things from different angles. I did not vote for Hillary or Trump I voted 3rd party for the first time because I honestly could not pick either of the major party candiates and believe it was right. 

Of course flag burning shouldn't be punishable but I feel the sentiment. I'm quite tired of seeing citizens of this country hating on it because it often feels contrived and misled. Like it's the cool thing to do and it's so often done by hypocrites with have more freedom, rights and material possessions than billions of other people in the world. Being upset and opinionated is one thing but the disrespect, hate, violence and intolerance is coming directly from the people pointing their accusatory fingers at everyone else. Grow up. You have it way good here.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

When it's a death threat against a conservative, it isn't really a death threat.  It's a peaceful protest.  /sarcasm

They call that justified anger. After all they're fighting for their lives here. They're sooo scaaared. This is Fright Night.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Maybe Obama and Hillary should "crack down on their people" as tehy are the ones threatening hundreds of electors and violently rioting.  Just sayin' Frank. :rolleyes:

You have a convenient way (for you) of filtering your facts.  Just sayin'.

13 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Other than that he has made some good tweets and some rather stupid ones and not much lese that they are talking about.  The rest is hysteria and fake news and that is the reality over here in the states.  

Bold;

agree..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Of course flag burning shouldn't be punishable but I feel the sentiment. I'm quite tired of seeing citizens of this country hating on it because it often feels contrived and misled. Like it's the cool thing to do and it's so often done by hypocrites with have more freedom, rights and material possessions than billions of other people in the world. Being upset and opinionated is one thing but the disrespect, hate, violence and intolerance is coming directly from the people pointing their accusatory fingers at everyone else. Grow up. You have it way good here.

No, you don't have it "way good" in the states unless you are a straight, well employed, white, native-born, English-as-native-language, citizen -- and even then many countries are much more free than in the States.  I notice and I could live in the States if I wanted to, but choose places with more freedom (such as on medicine, education, sources of TV, products available -- limits to freedom don't necessarily come from government -- in the States business interests have too much power and too little competition).

I even find that the election process in the US is far less free than other countries, with ancient and unfair weighting on whose vote really counts and whose doesn't (not that other countries don't have similar provisions, but the US is the worst I know of).

I know there are ignoramuses out there who will reject this as just a "foreigner" speaking and won't look at the facts, and rationalize them because of their ego involvement with their native country.  Please understand that I understand jingoism and detest it.

4 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

It's reflective of the dishonest media's new goal of damaging or destroying the Trump administration. It's their new purpose. I watch NBC at 6:30 each day so that I can honestly criticize their coverage of Trump. It's unrelentingly negative, and they put negative spins on all positive news to make him look as bad as possible. It's like they're guerrilla "journalists". Their bias even is clear in how they word and phrase things. Obama continues to get a free pass from his NBC worshippers. They wouldn't cover a Democratic scandal if they got one on a silver platter.

Bold;

Lol - your kidding right ?

Honestly - I get so sick and tired of the media being blamed for everything (and imo Trump plays the media like a fiddle)

You can talk about a political “bias” or “slant” in the press all you like... but the main thing the press wants.. like any other business institution... is profit. It is to make money by sniffing out the stories people are attracted to - and what they want to hear. Most people aren't stupid enough to buy into everything that the media spews out. They usually make up their own minds in the end.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

No, you don't have it "way good" in the states unless you are a straight, well employed, white, native-born, English-as-native-language, citizen

Bullsht. So in the future decades when whites are the minority and today's minorities are having the same issues with crime, broken families and poverty will whites still be to blame? Everybody needs to stop btching about white people being the source of all their problems. The only things that really hold any person back are personality and perseverance.

edit: and you Frank... you made quite the living and got quite the education in this oppressive country. Your resentment is unfair. You got a lot out of the USA. Did you experience racism? Who hasn't? I always minded my business as a kid and now. I'm quite the introvert until I get to know someone. That didn't stop every black kid who lived near me within five years of my age from messing with me or fighting with me growing up. I didn't ask for it. It was plain old cases of bullying or in some cases messing with the wrong kid cause I always fought back and I definitely won more than I lost. So boohoo. I didn't grow up into a raging racist because of it. Even at the time I understood the ideal of individual responsibility and held only those responsible for their actions accountable for their actions and I hope the all grew the heck up too and did well in life. Stop complaining.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

I note that Trump does not have to have any understanding of freedom of speech except when it applies to what he wants to say, nor any understanding that citizenship is not something that can be taken away (unless acquired fraudulently).  Flag burners should either be jailed or lose their citizenship.  Sheesh!!!

Well I don't always agree with everything you say Frank...but that's ok....because everyone is allowed to having a different point of view on things..especially when it relates to world politics.

If anything tho - I do find it a tad unusual that president-elect Trump feels the need to 'Tweet' every time that something pops up on the news.

I wonder if he may pull back on his Tweeting habit / addiction... once he becomes POTUS and leader of the free world.

images_72.jpg

:innocent:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Bold;

Lol - your kidding right ?

Honestly - I get so sick and tired of the media being blamed for everything (and imo Trump plays the media like a fiddle)

You can talk about a political “bias” or “slant” in the press all you like... but the main thing the press wants.. like any other business institution... is profit. It is to make money by sniffing out the stories people are attracted to - and what they want to hear. Most people aren't stupid enough to buy into everything that the media spews out. They usually make up their own minds in the end.

What do you think is so unusual? Of course they feed their target audience what they want to hear. There are enough close-minded individuals that only want their opinion confirmed on both sides. Usually people make their minds up before they even hear all of the facts. I can't count how many times I've heard someone say a person has listened to too much FOX (Faux) News when they have a different opinion. They say people who get all of their news from FOX are uninformed, yet they get all of their news from CNN.

No one can stay informed by restricting themselves to only one viewpoint, but too many do.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Michelle said:

What do you think is so unusual? Of course they feed their target audience what they want to hear. There are enough close-minded individuals that only want their opinion confirmed on both sides. Usually people make their minds up before they even hear all of the facts. I can't count how many times I've heard someone say a person has listened to too much FOX (Faux) News when they have a different opinion. They say people who get all of their news from FOX are uninformed, yet they get all of their news from CNN.

No one can stay informed by restricting themselves to only one viewpoint, but too many do.

Where did I say I thought anything was unusual ?

Of course there are closed minded people as well - who cannot / or don't want to see past their noses when they have already made up their minds.

Thanks to technology... there’s more press able to be in more places for more of the time. Hence we are inundated with news feeds.

That's not to say...there are those who don't take a more pragmatic approach with their views on things...so as to weigh out all the pro's and cons that are related to the media etc....hence deciding for themselves what they see / hear and choose to believe.

Basically I agree with you.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked