Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Lemieux

Now that Trump has won...

955 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Lemieux

I have to admit that I thought Hillary would be given the White House. Period. That the system appears to have worked restores some faith in it.

So, now that there is a President Trump waiting in the wings, what are your expectations from him?

For me, I'll be looking for 2 things in particular that he said he would do if elected.

1 - Hire a "special prosecutor" to re-investigate Hillary's emails... Properly this time.

2 - Re-investigate 9/11 as he said he would, followed by his comments that it "was Saudi Arabia" that knocked the Towers down.

Those are 2 of the things he said that stuck out to me, so we'll see if he's all talk... or good on his word in those respects. Obama said "we're not going to look back" or something along those lines to CNN while President-elect, which showed the course of his Presidency would be taking, which was true to suit.

I think its time to have a look at the past, investigate and indict where possible, and actually learn something from past mistakes for a change.

I think Loretta Lynch better start packing up her desk too. :tu:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77

My expectations are now that Trump has won nothing will change. Trump is simply Obama for republicans, hope and change being sold by a fresh face, an "outsider" in order to keep people buying into the system.  We will continue on the path the military industrial complex, federal reserve and corporate lobbyists have had us on for the last 50 years. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

I don't think Hillary's health was up to the job, anyway. Trump looked robust by comparison. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DingoLingo
33 minutes ago, Lemieux said:

I have to admit that I thought Hillary would be given the White House. Period. That the system appears to have worked restores some faith in it.

So, now that there is a President Trump waiting in the wings, what are your expectations from him?

For me, I'll be looking for 2 things in particular that he said he would do if elected.

1 - Hire a "special prosecutor" to re-investigate Hillary's emails... Properly this time.

2 - Re-investigate 9/11 as he said he would, followed by his comments that it "was Saudi Arabia" that knocked the Towers down.

Those are 2 of the things he said that stuck out to me, so we'll see if he's all talk... or good on his word in those respects. Obama said "we're not going to look back" or something along those lines to CNN while President-elect, which showed the course of his Presidency would be taking, which was true to suit.

I think its time to have a look at the past, investigate and indict where possible, and actually learn something from past mistakes for a change.

I think Loretta Lynch better start packing up her desk too. :tu:

1 - oh heck yes this will happen.. just so he can go.. 'I told you so' but for no other reason..

2 - doubt that will happen..

 

the wall.. wont happen..

his trade tariff with china.. now.. that one is going to be really interesting if he does do it.. that is really going to start a global trade war.. to which America will loose out..

Hopefully he will sit there and go 'b***** me I won' and actually start thinking properly..

As someone said to me today here at work.. It is either going to go very well or end up in a bigger heap then it is now

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, DingoLingo said:

 

his trade tariff with china.. now.. that one is going to be really interesting if he does do it.. that is really going to start a global trade war.. to which America will loose out..

 

we are already losing it, we have no manufacturing left, we depend on china for most of our consumer products, however america is the biggest market, we can bring back manufacturing, but no one can replace usa as a consumer, so it is china that will lose, not us

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DingoLingo

not really aztek, you wont be able to compete on a global level with china when it comes to consumer products.. they will always be able to undercut what you do.. think about how many billions it will cost and time to bring back the manufacturing back online..

So you produce trade goods.. amercia is not a big enough market in itself to cover it.. so you will need sell globally.. and that is where you will get stung.. the average consumer doesn't really care about brand, they want the lowest price.

So lets say a fridge made in America.. you sell it to the world for lets go $400 .. china is a bit p***ed at the trade tariff bit from Donald.. they will under cut you drastically..  Mr & Mrs Public who are running on a budget thinks.. Oh American Fridge $400 that's good.. Oh look china's fridge $200.. I like the American fridge, but if I buy the one from china I can get the freezer to go with it..

this is where you will seriously start to loose out.. to the point where your companies are not making money (again) and they will head offshore to produce the goods they want to sell.. (again)

The smart thing for Donald to do, is not put up a trade tariff on china, but give out tax cuts to companies to start manufacturing in America one more, but to do this they will need to bring themselves into the 21st century and go with the modern flow.. robotic factories etc etc etc.. otherwise it would be a waste of money.. because if they go to the old way.. parts lines, people putting things together by hand, there will be wages so on so forth.. to cover the costs they will need to sell at a higher price.. Or.. they treat the workers like they do in china low wages.. no holidays.. health care.. so on and so forth.. they may be able to compete..

Until China goes through the labour revolutions and start paying their workers etc like the rest of us do they will be a hard one to beat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DingoLingo
2 minutes ago, skliss said:

Uh...no, while I do care about price I also care about quality. If I have to spend $200 every other year because my fridge breaks down then it really didn't save me anything. Quit acting like we Americans are idiots....obviously we have more on the ball than you give us credit for.

the average person living on a budget care about quality.. but price will win most time over quality.. heh I spent a number of years in retail to know this one..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
5 minutes ago, seeder said:

At least the brewing war with Russia can now be resolved.... that was my big concern if Clinton got in...

Yeah im not convinced this didnt just speed up the timeline for confrontation. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss

I did retail when I was young and I have two siblings who've made it their careers...most people are smart enough to know you get what you pay for on big items like fridges. That doesn't mean they don't wait for it to be on sale.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
1 hour ago, DingoLingo said:

1 - oh heck yes this will happen.. just so he can go.. 'I told you so' but for no other reason..

2 - doubt that will happen..

 

the wall.. wont happen..

his trade tariff with china.. now.. that one is going to be really interesting if he does do it.. that is really going to start a global trade war.. to which America will loose out..

Hopefully he will sit there and go 'b***** me I won' and actually start thinking properly..

As someone said to me today here at work.. It is either going to go very well or end up in a bigger heap then it is now

This is one from both sides that I cant for the life of me understand. We are already suffering the consequences of a trade war with China, accept we didn't bother to fight and surrendered to all their demands. Making a fair deal at this point is only common sense. If they don't see it that way, then forget them. We buy to much cheap plastic crap anyway.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker

I like the idea of a special prosecutor. The taint of politics has the FBI smelling like a cow pasture. Maybe the next head of the Justice Dept will figure out if there is a case here or not. My guess is that if it is a big name conservative Republican, then all those lists of crimes that Hillary supposedly (innocent till proven guilty) will come home to roost, and put her in a Country Club prison for a couple years.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wickian
42 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

I really didn't think he would win but I was hoping.  Go President Trump. 

What I hope he will do is get some jobs back, he won't be able to get them all back, stop giving out so many of these H1-B visas, build a wall and enforce our immigration laws, stop bringing refugees here we can't vet and stop nation building.

To all the people that said they were going to leave if he won, get out, go and please don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.

If more things were manufactured here people would make more then people would be able to give more for the same items.  Sure Chinese stuff is cheaper but our land fills are filling up with their junk.

 

trump-washington-3.jpg

I NEED a version of Risk with that on the front of the box.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
1 minute ago, Wickian said:

I expect an awful lot of people, many of whom are celebrities, to renounce their U.S. citizenship as they claimed they would.  If not then they should all be called out on it at least once.  Hyperbole is well and good when you're saying things on the spot(as long as it doesn't affect anyone else), but you can't complain about a little teasing or poking afterwards if you don't follow through.

I like Clooney's movies, and Brad Pitt, and Leonardo DiCaprio, and on and on, but I don't see why their opinion is any better then anyone that voted for Trump. They just have a much, much bigger Microphone to expound from. Money and Fame allow them the advantage of expressing their opinions to an already large following of fans.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam

I believe he will do things that are good for America. We need to start taking care of what happens in this country. Watch him start to become calmer, and more dignified as time goes on, and watch what he actually does over time, and not just says.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wickian

Looks like someone called them out already.

Quote
Dozens of celebrities vowed to leave the country if Donald Trump won the White House, saying they’d flee to everywhere from Canada to Jupiter.
 
The threat is a common one after any election outcome: Canada’s immigration website crashed from heavy traffic as it looked increasingly likely that Trump would win.
 
But after the real estate mogul clinched the presidency in a stunning victory early Wednesday morning, some of those stars will face questions about making good on their promise.
 
Here is a list of some of the celebs who claimed they would move out of the U.S. under a Trump administration.

link

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
1 hour ago, DingoLingo said:

not really aztek, you wont be able to compete on a global level with china when it comes to consumer products..

sure we will, we already do so. plenty of examples on store shelves. 

as far as "we can't" well they said no way trump will win.  we sure can.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
44 minutes ago, Wickian said:

I expect an awful lot of people, many of whom are celebrities, to renounce their U.S. citizenship as they claimed they would.  If not then they should all be called out on it at least once.  Hyperbole is well and good when you're saying things on the spot(as long as it doesn't affect anyone else), but you can't complain about a little teasing or poking afterwards if you don't follow through.

Speaking of which...I haven't watched  The View in years...I might have to check in today.....heh

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
2 minutes ago, Wickian said:

Looks like someone called them out already.

link

Read... read... read...

Good riddance to the lot of them. These people are so far into the coolaid, that they can't see past the talking points thrown at them over, and over, and over.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
Just now, skliss said:

Speaking of which...I haven't watched  The View in years...I might have to check in today.....heh

That might actually be fun. To see Joy and Whoopi going on a tear, and being verbally abusive. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.