Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Now that Trump has won...

Baz Dane

8 hours ago, Yamato said:

And when I watched Fox News at whatever o'clock each day I can honestly criticize their coverage of Obama.  It's unrelenting negative, and they put negative spins on all positive news to make him look as bad as possible.   US cable news media is universally biased and completely FoS.   Instead of choosing which FoS partisan outlet we like best, maybe we should reject them all.   Is it understandable that people get their news from alternative media outlets?   Yep. 

I can agree with you there. But I try to get my news from the radio and newspaper. I don't trust the "alternative" sources either. According to some of them, Obama is a Muslim Antichrist that eats live babies.

I'll sometimes listen to Hannity or Limbaugh on the radio, but I recognize their bias when I do. Limbaugh, for example, is completely up front with it.

But neither of those shows is a news show, and I use them for entertainment purposes.

I simply can't watch Hannity on TV. It's too much.

I know newspapers are biased too. But when I find something that interests me, I'll go to the internet and read several sources for info about it.

Television is for watching "Captain America - The Winter Soldier" over and over and over (seems like it's on some channel constantly.) Looks really good in 4K Ultra HD.

O'Reilly? Not so much. Easier to watch on a non-HD channel. :D

Harte

9 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

We could care less if you're please or whatever.  This country isn't your concern.   You're "worries" aren't a concern for this country.  And you shouldn't dwell on the free speech here in the US, the alleged lack of it according to you, until your own area of the world evolves from it third world squalor and starts respecting actual free speech itself.

And the only lack of understanding is from you, not from Trump--who isn't even in office yet and you and your ilk have condemned him.  Talk about a gigantic pile of fear-mongering garbage...

BTW, lets see your proof that Trump "seems to have no understanding that freedom applied to everyone, not just those he agrees with."

Thor - lets be honest sweetie....there is a thread where you stated that you actually 'hated' Trump. Quite frankly I can't be bothered to find where you said this....but it is on record. So lets not pretend....and crawl up other peoples backsides. You are a puppy (lap lap) to Merc14....and everybody knows this.

For god sakes be your own person and think for yourself :tu:

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2016 at 1:45 AM, Lord Fedorable said:

Even if they're a fringe of the fringe level of nutters who usually have enough members to meet in a phone box and still leave room for a hobo, the fact they don't care that they're being filmed, that they feel safe enough to speak like that in public is as scathing as indictment of the Trump win as the mass protests are of the Clinton loss.

and the SILENCE from the rest of the right is deafening.

I live in a county in Alabama that is 54% Caucasian and 43% Black. We all get along well. If these Nazis meet, within the confines of the law, that is what the law says they can do. However if they start acting like this is 1939 Germany, the only difference is, we are still armed here, and I would beat them down, or even kill to protect an innocent from their agenda, should they ever rise to that level. There are plenty of people watching these things, and who would act accordingly, rest assured. And for people to try and put all Trump supporters in the same basket, is reprehensible. (and I'm not saying you are on the last sentence, btw)

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Astra. said:

Thor - lets be honest sweetie....there is a thread where you stated that you actually 'hated' Trump.

No, that is untrue--completely innaccurate.  I never said I hated Trump at all.  Hate is too strong of a word, I just can't stand him personally.  He's not the kind of person I would want to share company with.  In my opinion, he's a douchebag.  A loudmouthed, arrogant narcissist.

And, if you're going to bring up what I said and be truthful about it, I also posted that my feelings for Trump does not mean he won't be a good POTUS.  So, in the future, sweetie, if you're going to call me out on something, even being as irrelevant as it is to this thread, get it right for once.

Besides, so what if I "hate" Trump?  How is that relevant?  That still makes my post to Frank completely accurate and changes nothing.

Quite frankly I can't be bothered to find where you said this....but it is on record. So lets not pretend....and crawl up other peoples backsides. You are a puppy (lap lap) to Merc14....and everybody knows this.

And now the attacks come, trying to make this about me.  Coming from you, I am very surprised.  I am no person's "puppy".  Don't be so offended just because I share the views with other posters here.  Don't be offended because I have a more accurate take on the situation here than some arrogant troll that thinks he knows better than the actual people living here.

And if you can't be bothered to find where I posted this, then it's obvious that you can't be bothered with being truthful about any claim, can you?

For god sakes be your own person and think for yourself :tu:

Prove that I don't or stop lying.

If you've got a problem with Merc posting, take it up with him, don't strike at others because you're confused or offended.

EDITED TO ADD:  BTW, the irony of your attack on me is that you're posting like a nice little puppy/lap dog to Frank...

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked