Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Now that Trump has won...

Baz Dane

9 hours ago, Rinna said:

I think it's a wonderful sign how reserved Trump was last night. He could have bragged, he could have gloated, I mean he's an egomaniac narcasssitist according to a lot of people. But he didn't.   He was reponsoble in his speech, because as I've said before, I think he genuinely does love America and wants to  see it healed. 

I think he said some of the things he did during the election because he was trying to prove his worthiness, fighting for the job and now that he's got it he's going to go to work.  I think he will be very capable of being presidential.  I also think he loves this country. 

Edited by Ashotep
  • Like 4

Just a friendly PSA and moderator reminder.... In light of the election results the the United States, there are several hot topics about it going on right now. Keep in mind a few things folks...

Forum rules, found here: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/guidelines/

Things like name calling, flaimbaiting, personal attacks, subject bashing, racism and hatred, and abusive behavior are not only unnecessary and unwarranted in UM discussions, they are also flat out against the rules. Also keep in mind that some of our youngest members on UM are 13 years old. Keep a civil tongue please.

Also keep in mind the guidelines for this area of UM specifically.

'United States and the Americas' board guidelines

When posting in the news and politics boards please bear the following in mind:

• Do not post (or link to sites containing) graphic or violent images or videos
  • Do not post hate speech, racist or racially motivated material, links, articles or views.
  • Avoid copying and pasting entire articles - only quote a snippet and then link to the rest.

Please also be aware that the current affairs boards are provided as a casual platform for the discussion of mainstream news stories. Altercations over highly sensitive issues ( such as those on the matters of race or discrimination ) are likely to result in thread closure.

As always, if you think a member is acting in rule breaking behavior- please report it instead of engaging in it in the forums. Also keep in mind section 6 of the UM rules.

Again.. this is just a friendly PSA.. I'm not calling anyone out. Reminding everyone that we can discuss these topics nicely and in a civil manner.

~rashore, moderating team~

Here is something that gives me hope Trump will be a good president.  He also seems to know how to ask for and take advice.

“I mean Donald can be totally outrageous, but outrageous in a wonderful way that gets him coverage,” Foerderer told me for my story "The Real Donald Trump." “That persona sells his licensed products and his condominiums. You know Donald’s never been shy, and justifiably so, in talking about how wonderful his buildings or his golf clubs are.”

The private Donald Trump, on the other hand, is “the dearest, most thoughtful, most loyal, most caring man,” Foerderer said. That caring side inspires loyalty and is one of his secrets to success.

http://www.newsmax.com/RonaldKessler/donald-trump-mar-a/2011/01/20/id/383396/

Just now, Lilly said:

Fox News Alert: Anti-Trump protests begin to break out in major US cities. They didn't say if there was any violence involved.

Here in Albuquerque, there are about 80 peacefully marching from the rim of the downtown area to UNM along Central.

• Like 1

Well, I don't think that it's against the rules to state (in this polite way) that I have no empathy for anyone that supported Hilary or at least was anti-Trump and are now miserable and in fear of their lives.  It tickles me pink.  They deserve the experience of every second of it with extreme prejudice.  Many of us have spent the last eight years fearing for the future of this nation and Obama isn’t even finished.  We’ve been hurt callously without any consideration for our feelings.  And now our prayers have been answered.  We wish nothing but eternal damnation to those smug Progressives and their supporters.  And that is being kind.  This time the Progressives can come and sit in the back of the bus.  I’m just trying to put words to a deep seeded anger and express it openly.  If now, we keep it suppressed, it will only erupt in violence.  We’ve been patient far too long.  Now it’s time for action.  Return this country to its original vision.  And Trump will make a good start.

• Like 3

I think if anyone can bring the country together Trump can.  He may have run as a Republican but I think that was just a convenient brand to him.  After the way they vilified and abandoned him he owes them no fidelity or favoritism.  He will be the first President I know of who's love and loyalty is to the country first and not the party that put him in power.  With no real ties to either party neither one has a reason to oppose him.  I like his plan to thin the ranks of government employees by attrition.  We have way too many people working in government now.  In any business, but especially in one as unanswerable as government, over staffing leads to laziness and inefficiency.  As someone accustomed to delegating authority to keep his businesses running, I expect him to appoint the best people to key positions, without regard to their politics, race or gender.  He hasn't shown the slightest tendency to do things just to please others or make a point so why should he start now?  Our government up to now has handed out jobs like a teacher hands out gold stars.  We've never seen a truly efficient government run by qualified people.  I don't see Trump as having the patience to tolerate mere seat warmers.  Nobody will get a cushy job because they delivered their district during the campaign.  This new standard will percolate through all levels of government.  The people he appoints will know they'd better also hire good people or they won't have a job for very long.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Congratulations to Mr. Trump and all of his supporters. What I would like to see Trump do the most right now is to bring his own party back together and above all to bring the country back together. Have republican and democrats work together for the better of the country and all its people. Forgive and forget the fighting and bickering of the past and start with a clean sheet wouldn't be a bad idea to start building a solid and united nation again I think :)   

I think both parties need to be woken up and remember they work for us not vice versa.  That is why Trump got elected against all odds.  The constitution grants the government very limited rights and today the government is granting us very limited rights, time tio fix that.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, seeder said:

At least the brewing war with Russia can now be resolved.... that was my big concern if Clinton got in...

I respect your opinion too much for me to believe that you think it is that easy.

• Like 1

- After one year of Trump, Trump supporters will start to blame Trump for their miserable lifes

- He will built a small wall whcih will be uselss and Mexico won't pay for it

- Trade with Mexico, China and the world will decline

-He will close bases and pulls back the army. The power vacuum will be filled by Russia and China

-The petro dollar becomes history cause the US lacks the power to enforce it.

-China will become the wealthiest country on earth

-the EU becomes instable due to the absence of the US and the meddeling of China and Russia.

-He will create jobs on a short-term basis

-He will  improve the national budget on a short-term basis (abolishing Obamacare)

Edited by hellwyr

Well if Trump tells the truth, we're eff'ed. 

If he lies about everything and just throws talking points on the wall to see what sticks, well in that case, who knows?    Maybe he'll keep doing more of that, and as a result his actions won't match his words, and it'll be just like any other politician.  We're already seeing signs of that already.

We go from prosecuting Hillary to owing her a deep debt of gratitude for all the hard work she's done for this country.   So the truth gets sacrificed on the altar of politics, yes I know.

• Like 2

I hope that without the tension of the upcoming election the media cools it on the anti-Trump rhetoric. They have been so complicit in making people believe that Trump is a huge racist, sexist biggot. 

• Like 2

Ok DJT you talked the talk and walked the walk. You said 30 years ago that if you ever ran you'd win and win big. Well, you did it but it wasn't as big by the numbers as it is a big deal. The real test of your mettle will be how the country views you in 4 years. A loss, a split popular win as it is now or do you achieve Reagan status. Hopefully we see a reflection of the latter. I'm really hoping for good things. Though I really don't know what to do about the snowflakes who have predictably taken to the streets tonight to let everyone know how mad they are with chants of F Donald Trump. As if anyone cares. You idiots are the reason he got elected. 

Trump wasn't selected by the ptb. He just jumped in, grabbed spot number one, stomped his way through 16 professional politicians without fail, pounded the pavement campaigning the country like nothing I've ever seen, fought the media a squared up against HRC the epitome of the corrupt Washington establishment and literally crushed her soul. The Trump train is the perfect metaphor. A literal one man wrecking machine defied all odds with limited funding and limited spending compared to HRC and recent candidates. He didn't quite destroy the establishment but took one hell of a bite out of it and the rest are scared. Funny hearing some of the republicans who went far out of their way to distance Trump from themselves and themselves from him. Little butt kissers right now. Who knows though. Maybe they're all humbled and perhaps a bit relieved that they may possibly have a chance to do their work without special interests looming over them if in fact Trump will be able to scatter some of those roaches.

The celebrities... **** already. Nobody cares. Please go to Mexico. Have some integrity why don't you. Their ego's are smashed too. They live in a bubble and probably can't fathom the fact that nobody listened to their self important asses. Robert DeNiro gets a pass because he's freaking DeNiro. All others pack your bags.

Russia... What possible reason do we have to even consider a WAR with Russia? Did they invade Alaska or something? It just doesn't make sense. It won't happen. 

Term Limits... bring 'em on.

Taxes... bring 'em down

Wall... build it up

Snowflakes... tear the roof off of their safe spaces

Isis... grab 'em by the...

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Rinna said:

I hope that without the tension of the upcoming election the media cools it on the anti-Trump rhetoric. They have been so complicit in making people believe that Trump is a huge racist, sexist biggot. 

I cant hear that anymore. The media didn't do anything. Trump ffs like any other human being on this planet is responisible for what he says. And everything which came out of his mouth is bull**** filled with bigotry.

edit: Yeah the media should have ignored the tape and all the accuser. The media also should have ignored his twitter posts. Also they actually should have ignored any other "bad" thing he said. That would have been a coverage to your liking.

Edited by hellwyr

2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Ok DJT you talked the talk and walked the walk. You said 30 years ago that if you ever ran you'd win and win big. Well, you did it but it wasn't as big by the numbers as it is a big deal. The real test of your mettle will be how the country views you in 4 years. A loss, a split popular win as it is now or do you achieve Reagan status. Hopefully we see a reflection of the latter. I'm really hoping for good things. Though I really don't know what to do about the snowflakes who have predictably taken to the streets tonight to let everyone know how mad they are with chants of F Donald Trump. As if anyone cares. You idiots are the reason he got elected. 

Trump wasn't selected by the ptb. He just jumped in, grabbed spot number one, stomped his way through 16 professional politicians without fail, pounded the pavement campaigning the country like nothing I've ever seen, fought the media a squared up against HRC the epitome of the corrupt Washington establishment and literally crushed her soul. The Trump train is the perfect metaphor. A literal one man wrecking machine defied all odds with limited funding and limited spending compared to HRC and recent candidates. He didn't quite destroy the establishment but took one hell of a bite out of it and the rest are scared. Funny hearing some of the republicans who went far out of their way to distance Trump from themselves and themselves from him. Little butt kissers right now. Who knows though. Maybe they're all humbled and perhaps a bit relieved that they may possibly have a chance to do their work without special interests looming over them if in fact Trump will be able to scatter some of those roaches.

The celebrities... **** already. Nobody cares. Please go to Mexico. Have some integrity why don't you. Their ego's are smashed too. They live in a bubble and probably can't fathom the fact that nobody listened to their self important asses. Robert DeNiro gets a pass because he's freaking DeNiro. All others pack your bags.

Russia... What possible reason do we have to even consider a WAR with Russia? Did they invade Alaska or something? It just doesn't make sense. It won't happen. 

Taxes... bring 'em down

Wall... build it up

I love all of this! Wish I could like your post a dozen times.

I think it's rather ironic in a sense that these social justice warrior snowflakes are having their tantrums allover social media right now. They are so used to having people fired, their lives ruined if they say something that disagrees with their liberal agenda. Well! They can't do that here! No matter how many angry hashtags are created. The American people have spoken! 

• Like 3

Prosecuting the corruption... You know what? I'm feeling on board with a clean slate right now. Just go away and get out of our lives. You have no path to power or influence left. Your time is gone. Go away, stay away and consider yourself lucky. That goes for all of them. Future offenses beware as an example needs to be made but for now I'm sick of the past and this crushing blow ought to serve as poetic justice so just take it.

I'm trying to hit all my points. These threads are insane and it's hard to remember all the things I want to comment on as I spend 23 hours a day trying to just keep up with the pace of the posts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hellwyr said:

I cant hear that anymore. The media didn't do anything. Trump ffs like any other human being on this planet is responisible for what he says. And everything which came out of his mouth is bull**** filled with bigotry.

You know, i prefer people who speak candidly, to those who carefully measure their words, who mouth all the "right" platitudes.....with a view to concealing what they really are. This is the old "the customer is always right" routine in business, where sweet-talking the customer whilst simultaneously ripping them off, is an art-form.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rinna said:

I love all of this! Wish I could like your post a dozen times.

I think it's rather ironic in a sense that these social justice warrior snowflakes are having their tantrums allover social media right now. They are so used to having people fired, their lives ruined if they say something that disagrees with their liberal agenda. Well! They can't do that here! No matter how many angry hashtags are created. The American people have spoken! 

Also it's fun watching hellwyr completely melt down.  Great stuff.:yes:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Robert DeNiro gets a pass because he's freaking DeNiro. All others pack your bags.

Taxes... bring 'em down

Wall... build it up

Money....  stop borrowing and spending all that money.  

We hear of this govt of the people, but the people these days want more, more, and more. 

A war with Russia?  We're at war in Syria, whether our politicians and people wear a blindfold about it or not, and the declared policy of "Assad's gotta go!" is the exact opposite of the war that Russia is waging there.  We're already in a hot proxy war with Russia.

"All others pack your bags." So they gotta go too.   And if I'm arrested when I'm responding to some federal crackdown or other, just lock me up too?  Just hit me with a shield or a baton until I'm out of the way?  I won't be proud of my country when I'm looking at the walls in prison wondering what this place has become.

Okay

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

You know, i prefer people who speak candidly, to those who carefully measure their words, who mouth all the "right" platitudes.....with a view to concealing what they really are. This is the old "the customer is always right" routine in business, where sweet-talking the customer whilst simultaneously ripping them off, is an art-form.

Okay so a lot of Americans know how he really is and voted for him anyways or maybe because of that. This means the voters (aren't that many considering the low turnout) themselves are at least as racist as Trump. Also Trump didn't speak candidly, he spoke mindlessly insulting millions of indiviudals and countries worldwide.

3 minutes ago, hellwyr said:

Okay

Okay so a lot of Americans know how he really is and voted for him anyways or maybe because of that. This means the voters (aren't that many considering the low turnout) themselves are at least as racist as Trump. Also Trump didn't speak candidly, he spoke mindlessly insulting millions of indiviudals and countries worldwide.

At least it was laid out for all to see. 

Just now, Habitat said:

At least it was laid out for all to see. 

Which means Trump warned everyone. So noone can say afterwards that they didn't know. :rofl: Btw a part of me is excited I mean I will be witnissing how an era ends.

4 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Money....  stop borrowing and spending all that money.  

We hear of this govt of the people, but the people these days want more, more, and more. 

A war with Russia?  We're at war in Syria, whether our politicians and people wear a blindfold about it or not, and the declared policy of "Assad's gotta go!" is the exact opposite of the war that Russia is waging there.  We're already in a hot proxy war with Russia.

"All others pack your bags." So they gotta go too.   And if I'm arrested when I'm responding to some federal crackdown or other, just lock me up too?  Just hit me with a shield or a baton until I'm out of the way?  I won't be proud of my country when I'm looking at the walls in prison wondering what this place has become.

What am I asking for more of? Less terms? Less taxes? The wall? That's peanuts really.

Yes an actual battle for victory against Russia. For what reason could that be a thing. All Trump has talked about is trying to not make fighting words with Putin.

Yes pack their bags. They said they would so go. They don't have to but they should. We can live without them. As for your personal scenario I don;t know what the heck you are talking about.

The one thing at the forefront of my mind right now is the H1-B visa. I hope Trump realises he shouldn't even 'think' about removing this, if he does it will only prove his ignorance on this matter. Without the H1-B visa Americans wouldn't have Silicon Valley and would be massively behind, the simple fact of the matter is that there aren't enough highly-skilled Americans to take those incredibly technical jobs. It's unfortunate but until the education system improves those jobs aren't viable for most Americans and removing the current foreign employees would inevitably crash the system. This prognosis is supported heavily by Physicist Michio Kaku (Inventor of String Theory).

Just thought I would add one of my concerns; as for the result of the election I'm pleased the less destructive, albeit more obnoxious, candidate won. Now it's time for him to show the world that he can or can't get things done on a political-scale.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked