Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Now that Trump has won...

Baz Dane

1 hour ago, Lord Fedorable said:

Asia for the Japanese, don't make this about cultures pushing back against colonialism it's a single culture wanting to get in on the colonialism train and LITERALLY raping their way across South East Asia.

Raping and  murdering. The Japanese killed the women after raping them.

Well I questioned yesterday what the fast money on Wall Street would value Donald Trump's victory last night.   Well now we know.  New all time record closes.  

Does that look like an anti-Establishment candidate to me?   We're to sever Wall Street from The Establishment I guess?    Then it must just depend on what part of the Establishment we're talking about.

But I'm going to keep following the money anyway, and I sure as hell can't dissect Wall St out of the equation when I do that.

• Like 1

The news stories of people's reactions to Trumps victory is probably the most entertaining thing I've read in a while.  Apparently students in multiple schools are demanding/asking to have exams cancelled so they can grieve, or are walking out of class in protest like that will have kind of impact on the election results(seems like they're having a childish tantrum to me).  They haven't been well received on social media.

edit:

link 1

link 2

Edited by Wickian
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Yamato said:

Well I questioned yesterday what the fast money on Wall Street would value Donald Trump's victory last night.   Well now we know.  New all time record closes.  

Does that look like an anti-Establishment candidate to me?   We're to sever Wall Street from The Establishment I guess?    Then it must just depend on what part of the Establishment we're talking about.

But I'm going to keep following the money anyway, and I sure as hell can't dissect Wall St out of the equation when I do that.

You don't know anything about how wall street will react to this. Two things here. first is, surely they are gonna try to corrupt him first. The guy hasn't even moved in yet. Lastly, lets say they cant corrupt him, that means no more bail outs for their wreck less behavior.

Wall street viciously tried to destroy him, along with everyone else.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

You don't know anything about how wall street will react to this. Two things here. first is, surely they are gonna try to corrupt him first. The guy hasn't even moved in yet. Lastly, lets say they cant corrupt him, that means no more bail outs for their wreck less behavior.

Wall street viciously tried to destroy him, along with everyone else.

Dude has a goldman sachs shill as his finance manager and most likely secretary of finance and you know he has a decent amount of his fortune which is predicated on the performance of the wall streeters. I dont think the relationship is as adversarial as many on the right are hoping. 

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Dude has a goldman sachs shill as his finance manager and most likely secretary of finance and you know he has a decent amount of his fortune which is predicated on the performance of the wall streeters. I dont think the relationship is as adversarial as many on the right are hoping. 

I don't want it adversarial at all. That doesn't mean it has to be business as usual though. When glass steagle was implemented, wall street didn't crash the economy.

Hiring a finance manager is one step above hiring a landscaper. It hardly means he owes something to GS.

• Like 1

Just now, preacherman76 said:

I don't want it adversarial at all. That doesn't mean it has to be business as usual though. When glass steagle was implemented, wall street didn't crash the economy.

Hiring a finance manager is one step above hiring a landscaper. It hardly means he owes something to GS.

No im not saying he's beholden to them necessarily just that he is potentially beholden to his own wealth. The good of wall street isnt necessarily the same thing as the good of the nation. (too big to fail being a great example) 

7 hours ago, hellwyr said:

It has nothing to do with trust. If they arent allowed to stay they have to go. The technology industry is massive. It isn't just the internet. And it is a fact that 50 % in the tech industry are immigrants. Yale, Harvard and other reputable universities do a lot of research. In order to conduct these important researches they hire the best people from all around the world. The enterainment industry consists of directors, actors, extras and so on. Millions of people are involved. However, if people won't get work visas anymore Hollywood can't function anymore. The entertainment industry will then move to another country. And well L.A, SF and other cities will become another Detroit.

That being said, Trump won't revoke H1 visas.

Saying that the H1 can't be revoked selectively is like saying the No Fly list can't name people selectively. Simply isn't true.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lord Fedorable said:

Don't you bomb in Bollywood if your film has the sort of viewing figures marquee American films get worldwide?

I know Bollywood has been a big presence in the foreign film categories for the Oscars. 

21 hours ago, Rinna said:

1an5yis0blwx.jpg

it seems people don't care how much you spend.  will she return the left over as she is supposed to by law.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Then what about the President's salary?  Will he donate it to charity?  Or put in back into running the White House?  And then challenge Congress to do the same??

Though I doubt it would happen, those things would be nice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Though I doubt it would happen, those things would be nice.

It would probably cost more for the bookkeeping to turn his salary back in.,  I'm serious.  I think if he'd like to give it back he could spend it all redecorating the White House or giving it to charity rather than confusing the byzantine federal accounting system :D

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

It would probably cost more for the bookkeeping to turn his salary back in.,  I'm serious.  I think if he'd like to give it back he could spend it all redecorating the White House or giving it to charity rather than confusing the byzantine federal accounting system :D

Well, if he needs a place to dump his extra cash, I have space here for it.

• Like 5

did he say he wouldn't take the salary.  further he no longer has to pay for security for the rest of his life.  secret service will take care of that.

12 minutes ago, danielost said:

did he say he wouldn't take the salary.  further he no longer has to pay for security for the rest of his life.  secret service will take care of that.

That’ll eventually be a big bill for the SS guarding Trump.  They’ll need detachments on all his properties.

One very disappointing aspect of Trump winning is all of the celebrities who promised to leave if he was elected now relenting.  Lena Dunham said she purchased a home in Canada and has now declined to leave.  Why?  very sad, I was hoping to see the last of a lot of these vile people but alas, they lied to us again.

On the flip side, southern California, with their $848 billion in debt (and growing) leaving would be one of the highlights of a Trump presidency,  We'd have to build a wall there as well but it would change America for the better to have President Pelosi running her own country. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Wickian said:

The news stories of people's reactions to Trumps victory is probably the most entertaining thing I've read in a while.  Apparently students in multiple schools are demanding/asking to have exams cancelled so they can grieve, or are walking out of class in protest like that will have kind of impact on the election results(seems like they're having a childish tantrum to me).  They haven't been well received on social media.

edit:

link 1

link 2

lol, with b.s. like that soon enough graduating from one of these schools may not be an advantage, who needs these spoiled crybabies working for them???

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

That’ll eventually be a big bill for the SS guarding Trump.  They’ll need detachments on all his properties.

he deserves it just like every other president does.

5 minutes ago, danielost said:

he deserves it just like every other president does.

I agree 100%.  This is just another one of those things that no one has thought out yet (apparently).

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

I agree 100%.  This is just another one of those things that no one has thought out yet (apparently).

oh so he's rich he doesn't deserve to be president.  all presidents were rich when they took office.  depending on your definition of rich.

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

One very disappointing aspect of Trump winning is all of the celebrities who promised to leave if he was elected now relenting.  Lena Dunham said she purchased a home in Canada and has now declined to leave.  Why?  very sad, I was hoping to see the last of a lot of these vile people but alas, they lied to us again.

On the flip side, southern California, with their $848 billion in debt (and growing) leaving would be one of the highlights of a Trump presidency,  We'd have to build a wall there as well but it would change America for the better to have President Pelosi running her own country. 

They may as well be their own country. California is an anomaly to the world. Oddly enough, we have our own California - it's called Quebec. They threaten to leave with every election but guess what? They're still attached and still enjoying Federal tax money :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I'm glad this was brought up. When Trump was campaigning I distinctly remember him saying he would forfeit the Presidential salary (a meager $400k/yr) if he won. Very curious to see what happens there...it's not a big deal in the grand scheme, but it would be a gesture of good faith IMO. A reassurance that, unlike the Clintons, he's not here for the money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, danielost said:

oh so he's rich he doesn't deserve to be president.  all presidents were rich when they took office.  depending on your definition of rich.

What?  No!  Trump is President and he deserves to be President whether he is rich or poor.  I’m commenting on the logistics.  I don’t think anyone has really considered the task at hand.  It’s going to present some very interesting challenges that need to be solved.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked