Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Now that Trump has won...

Baz Dane

I've heard a little talk today that some Californians think they should secede...

Uh oh remember when Texans started that kinda language?

They were called every foul name in the book!

If Trump even does half the things he spouted off about and in turn uses his "magic pen" to do so like Obama did...Things could get interesting,lets watch...

• Like 3

I expect The Wall to be paid for by Mexico, bombing the hell out of ISIS, new federal databases to keep us safe from Radical Islamic Terrorism, waterboarding and then some, killing families of terrorists, deporting families of illegals, massive Protectionism tariffs on imported goods from this country and that country but not the other country, and re-building the military that takes up more than half of our discretionary spending already.  

So we'll have to make a country out of little else but bombs and bullets and dick shaped missiles.  And do we expect it to just sit around and rust with nothing to do but scare the bad people, or are we going to use it?  Well I expect we'll have to do something with it and not waste untold hideous new amounts of taxpayer money.  Leaders running their mouths and hoping the poopoo people get scared and run away...well that doesn't work.  Who wrote the sequel to the Art of the Deal here?  Little Kim?   Maybe our new Savior will weave real life miracles using the egocentric information from the 2nd greatest book ever written?  

Actually I have no idea what to expect.  One, none or all of the above, who the hell knows?   Ivanka might, but not a single one of us do.

Maybe a new generation of locker talkers who don't know what being a gentleman is and have no reason to be one, and the "anti-Establishment" as the billionaires' club?

Will I be reminded that he's better than Hillary Clinton again?  Of course I will. Well not when I predict it.  That would make being right way too easy.   But like other obsolete information, Clinton is done already, or let us hope.  And what Trump is better than now is a blank piece of paper other than his words.  

Oh wait....he's better than the other people because he's so rich.  D'oh!  Got me!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I spoke with my cousin in college tonight. He's at a university. I called to ask him what things are like on campus. He said that his professor of criminal justice and sociology, a grown man and supposed mentor of the youth spent yesterday's class literally crying in front of his students  , completely devastated and said he doesn't know how he's going to be able to tell his young daughter that Donald Trump is president. Today the professor had class and at the end asked if anyone would like to talk about the election. As in to grieve and console each other. Maybe there is hope as the students did not want to talk about it and were eager to leave class. My cousin said that he has a paper due in a month but as part of the paper an outline had to be turned in earlier this week for the professor's approval and if he doesn't approve of the outline and sources it's a 0 for the whole paper. So for my cousin time and knowing are of the essence of course. Right? Upon class dismissal cuz went up to professor to ask him if he's going to have the outlines approved tomorrow. Remember, there is a deadline on this paper. This sob told cuz in exasperation and disarray oh I might have them this weekend I don't know it's just been such a stressful week I just don't know. Then went on to btch about the electoral college. 

Good grief. With snowflakes like that mentoring and teaching it's no wonder there are safe spaces and sure losers everywhere. I have an Aunt who, from what I'm told, has been on Facebook talking of crying, grieving and needing consoling. Calling off work the last two days. She's in her fifties and is a teacher ffs. I can't believe I am truly disappointed in one of my elders. This mentality must be stopped but man it is everywhere.

Ahh nice to know I'm not the only one with teachers who literally cried because they can't function in the world

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

He was, but how much of this did he encourage during his Presidency? Is he or Clinton going to speak out against what is going on? I won't wait for Anderson Cooper. Older Democrats are not out there doing this. College professors seem to be unable to comprehend just what all this means in a Democratic society. 

Will Trump speak out about "what's going on"? I don't know what that even is.

2nd Thought: Oh, okay.  Maybe that's the so-called "racial divide".

20 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

He was quite gracious today and so was Trump.

They both acted like smooth and honorable statesmen.

I'm sure it will be business as usual in a few weeks.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I've heard a little talk today that some Californians think they should secede...

Uh oh remember when Texans started that kinda language?

They were called every foul name in the book!

If Trump even does half the things he spouted off about and in turn uses his "magic pen" to do so like Obama did...Things could get interesting,lets watch...

Vermont was talking secession at one time too. It's chic to do it I suppose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

They both acted like smooth and honorable statesmen.

I'm sure it will be business as usual in a few weeks.

There is no "would'a, could'a should'a" now.

It is was it is, and adults deal with it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

We'll happily absorb Vermont. They have Maple Syrup (and yes, that does have to be capitalized).

• Like 2

I love all of the negative comments from the election losers. Such childish tantrums from those that supported the well known criminal Hillary.

They have all of these pathetic visions of the future that never turn out to be correct. Real democrats, real republicans, real libertarians, real greens, real people in general are better than these people. They see each election as a step in their direction. They evaluate their strengths, their shortcomings and they attempt to improve themselves with their intent for the long term improvement of our nation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

We'll happily absorb Vermont. They have Maple Syrup (and yes, that does have to be capitalized).

You do realize that maple syrup is one of the largest crops that is not governed by large corporations. I am of course referring to real maple syrup and not that hideous bitters like Aunt Jemima or Mrs Butterworth.

Absorbed by the speakers of another and strange language I see. I have a brother-in-law from LaChine that puts a fried egg on my pancakes and tells me something in French as he serves me. My high school French misses his words completely, but I think he is taunting me with cuisine from across the border.

Edited by stereologist
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

I love all of the negative comments from the election losers. Such childish tantrums from those that supported the well known criminal Hillary.

Hey. If I was an American I would have voted against Trump, so I suppose I can be put in the "election loser" camp. I despise the man, I respect the position he is now in however.

With great power comes great responsibility. I hope that he's truly aware of that.

• Like 2

Just now, Likely Guy said:

It's a racial divide like I haven't seen since the 60's. Ever since Obama has been in office, and when he was running, the media has harped on and on about our differences and highlighted any tiny perceived injustices against anyone of color or any other minority. If you disagree with Obama you are a racist! Now all Trump voters are misogynists. Now we have the era of micro-aggressions.

I've been called a lot of things in my life, but I never thought I would be put in the misogynist category simply not voting for Hillary. These types of generalizations have most certainly divided the country even further and it isn't the Republicans that are propagating it.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Everyone, including those people on the streets, had the right to vote. Many did...many didn't. The time to complain is over. It is what it is! If those kids are going to act like that everytime things don't just go their way, they are looking at a rough life indeed. Buckle up! For the idiots out on the streets, there are millions of Democrats and people of all nationalities and races that are not screaming. They may not like it, but they will have the ability to accept and move on. Let's see what the man really does.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So your saying theres no chance Cali leaves...

Way to crush my dream bro,way to crush my dream... :(

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You do realize that maple syrup is one of the largest crops that is not governed by large corporations. I am of course referring to real maple syrup and not that hideous bitters like Aunt Jemima or Mrs Butterworth.

That ****'s "maple flavoured'.

That's like telling a Frenchman that 'processed cheeze' is 'cheese-lke'.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

They may as well be their own country. California is an anomaly to the world. Oddly enough, we have our own California - it's called Quebec. They threaten to leave with every election but guess what? They're still attached and still enjoying Federal tax money :lol:

I love quebec and live in California. I have friends in Montreal. Well I am yet again thankfull that I am living in a place where people like you are the minority

9 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Hey. If I was an American I would have voted against Trump, so I suppose I can be put in the "election loser" camp. I despise the man, I respect the position he is now in however.

With great power comes great responsibility. I hope that he's truly aware of that.

I won't vote for more wars, which is what we most certainly would have gotten with Hillary. The Democratic party has strayed too far from the path when they chose Hillary.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Nope you're not in the loser camp because even though your candidate lost you didn't get on here and try to tell us how we are each personality the most evil people ever for voting trump. Unlike how some people have reacted.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I'll let you in on a little tidbit. I didn't vote for Trump or that criminal Hillary.

BTW, how is Trudeau doing? In the US we'd refer to that as camelot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Nope you're not in the loser camp because even though your candidate lost you didn't get on here and try to tell us how we are each personality the most evil people ever for voting trump. Unlike how some people have reacted.

I don't he can vote for president in the US. He's one of those people that says 'eh' at the end of the sentence. The good folks to the south of the US say 'eh' before the sentence. I know this to be true because it was in a Molson ad. Let me give you examples.

"Eh, amigo want some great tequila?"

"Nice beer you're drinking, eh?"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It's a racial divide like I haven't seen since the 60's. Ever since Obama has been in office, and when he was running, the media has harped on and on about our differences and highlighted any tiny perceived injustices against anyone of color or any other minority. If you disagree with Obama you are a racist! Now all Trump voters are misogynists. Now we have the era of micro-aggressions.

I've been called a lot of things in my life, but I never thought I would be put in the misogynist category simply not voting for Hillary. These types of generalizations have most certainly divided the country even further and it isn't the Republicans that are propagating it.

Not the least little tiny bit?

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I won't vote for more wars, which is what we most certainly would have gotten with Hillary. The Democratic party has strayed too far from the path when they chose Hillary.

Trump's the new peacenik? And what you said after, I don't disagree with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

The mentality is rampant, but obviously, people have gotten sick of it. These people shoot cops, they riot and burn in enmass. I guess they think this is the way to run a country.

I'd like to think people have gotten sick of it. Sure many have but still the vote was spilt down the middle. 

1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

Well conservatives need to up their game!

The Dems have all these street parties while you guys have none?!

And some on both sides say us Libertarians are borderline anarchist...

Hell i want in on some of these good times but i can't be a democrat,for one i don't really have "feelings" and two i gotta go to work during the week :lol:

eta

All said in fun...I don't support or condone idiocy like this in any form by anyone...and not all dems are lazy :lol:

Man I work and have things to do. The last time I street partied was when the Steelers won super bowl 40. 

29 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Ahh nice to know I'm not the only one with teachers who literally cried because they can't function in the world

Yet they're supposed to be prepping you for the world. Crazy. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

No, I am in the "loser camp". On June 17th, 2016 I wrote a comedic diatribe to "Dear America" that we can't be BFF's anymore if you elect Trump.

I was wrong.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Not the least little tiny bit?

Trump's the new peacenik? And what you said after, I don't disagree with.

The MSM is mostly left leaning so yes, I lay it largely on their feet.

Trump is a blowhard, sabre rattler. Hillary is a cold, calculating, conniving witch.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

No, I am in the "loser camp". On June 17th, 2016 I wrote a comedic diatribe to "Dear America" that we can't be BFF's anymore if you elect Trump.

I was wrong.

Thats okay haha, I always assumed Britain had the BFF spot anyways lol

Edited by spartan max2

• The topic was locked