Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Now that Trump has won...

Baz Dane

4 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

We got a couple of inches of global warming on top of the mountains overnight.

My folks up north got a couple of feet of global warming over the last weekend.. 

24 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

No no no, climate change is a hoax perpetuated by the Chinese to render US manufacturing non-competitive. Don't you listen to Trump at all?

The degree to which humans are causing climate change:

Source

I wouldn't trust the IPCC, a corrupt committee inside a corrupt organization (see oil for food), about anything.  Honestly, I gave it until next summer but Einie has already gone there!  LMFAO.  I mean the man isn't even sworn in and here is our resident safety[in wearer blaming Trump for AGW.  Unreal. 

The silly squad has taken over the democrat party and they aren't giving back and that suits me fine. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Why didn't Bernie Sanders enlist?

I would assume because he is against war.

Why did he let the minorities and the poor fight in his place?

Because he didn't have the power to stop them.

He used his White privilege to stay safe in the Vietnam War. What a classist thing to do!

Like I said, his age is what kept him out of the draft, not any white privilege.

So, want to try again, with something that actually makes sense this time?

**Edit: Incidentally, the point of my comment about Trump wasn't about whether he likes or dislikes war.  It was about hypocrisy.

Edited by aquatus1

18 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Why didn't Bernie Sanders enlist? Why did he let the minorities and the poor fight in his place? He used his White privilege to stay safe in the Vietnam War. What a classist thing to do!

that is  the dumbest racist post in this thread.

Edited by aztek

3 hours ago, aquatus1 said:

Like I said, his age is what kept him out of the draft, not any white privilege.

**Edit: Incidentally, the point of my comment about Trump wasn't about whether he likes or dislikes war.  It was about hypocrisy.

Bernie Sanders was born in 1941 which means he was in his mid-20's during the sixties and 29 when the decade changed so he was most certainly NOT too old to serve.  He applied for conscientious objector status on the claim that he was a pacifist, a request that was later rejected at which time he was too old to be drafted.  He most certainly could've served for the bulk of the war if he had so chosen and the fact that he didn't was entirely because of his choices.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Bernie Sanders was born in 1941 which means he was in his mid-20's during the sixties and 29 when the decade changed so he was most certainly NOT too old to serve.

If you like.  All the articles I can find claim that he was too old to serve when his number came up.

He applied for conscientious objector status on the claim that he was a pacifist,

A very popular reason to claim conscious objector status.

a request that was later rejected at which time he was too old to be drafted.

Yep, that's what the Burlington Press article says.  Couldn't find it anywhere else, though.  All the other sites that claim is on have it as pretty much a cut and paste from the original article.

Of course, I could be wrong, but then, it isn't a matter of what particular reason he gave for not going to war.  Assuming the thing about the deferment is correct, Sanders did not request a deferment to escape anything; his claim that he had no intention of fighting at all took time to process, which is not the same as a deferment.

He most certainly could've served for the bulk of the war if he had so chosen and the fact that he didn't was entirely because of his choices.

Bernie never pretended he wanted to go to war in the first place, he never pretended he was injured, he did not make any excuses, he very clearly stated that he was against the war, and frankly, no one who knew him was particularly surprised.

Trump was in military school.  He was not just an athlete, but a star athlete.  He got four student deferments, during which he played tennis, football, and baseball.  What were those deferments for?  Would he be unable to finish his schooling after the war?  Would his military schooling help him contribute to the war effort better?  We'll never know, because when his deferments were over, the three-sport star athlete suddenly developed bone spurs.

It is just as bad as reservist officers who regularly attend and collect their reservist paychecks, but suddenly decide they are conscientious objectors when the country declares war.

Edited by aquatus1
  • Like 1

Fighting in wars is a poor man's job.......   It's not something the rich and influential have to worry about.

Same thing goes for being an illegal immigrant.

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Fighting in wars is a poor man's job.......

Or a patriotic man who gave up a multi million dollar football career to serve.

Pat Tilman

MTIwNjA4NjMzNTY1NjQ0MzAw.jpg

Edited by -ZZ-
  • Like 5

I always admired the heck out of what Pat Tilman did and whatever the opposite of admire is is what I thought of how the government honored his service. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

I always admired the heck out of what Pat Tilman did and whatever the opposite of admire is is what I thought of how the government honored his service. 

I kind of see why they did it.  With the lie, his death was that of a hero.  The truth, at best, could be considered a tragic accident...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I kind of see why they did it.  With the lie, his death was that of a hero.  The truth, at best, could be considered a tragic accident...

I guess. Honestly I don't even remember the whole story much at this point. I just recall watching a documentary about it and not liking how it all went down.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aquatus1 said:

I will try again. It was a sarcastic post, and I should have included a disclaimer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aztek said:

that is  the dumbest racist post in this thread.

It was sarcasm. I'm not surprised that you missed it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Glockornothing said:

So " Now that Trump has won... " will gun and ammo prices finally go down to the level before the last 8 years of panic buying and the feeling to stock pile?

That would be very welcome by me.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Getting on to the third week of November and no snow on the ground.

Climate change deniers are idiots.

(oops, I said that out loud)

"Climate change deniers"  Who the hell is that?  Climate changes, that's how it's supposed to work.

Man-made gorebal warming, now that's a money-stealing scheme...

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

He was more of a hero than you will ever be.

• Like 2

I don't care that Trump got student deferments. Everyone that was a college student got one back then.

Besides, unbeknownst to me, my parents already had plans to send me to Canada. I had a high draft number (in the 300's) but they weren't taking any chances, apparently.

The war ended and the draft stopped right before my birthday so I missed it and didn't enlist.

Just lucky, I guess. I wouldn't have gone to Canada so I dodged a big family feud too.

Harte

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Harte said:

I don't care that Trump got student deferments. Everyone that was a college student got one back then.

Besides, unbeknownst to me, my parents already had plans to send me to Canada. I had a high draft number (in the 300's) but they weren't taking any chances, apparently.

The war ended and the draft stopped right before my birthday so I missed it and didn't enlist.

Just lucky, I guess. I wouldn't have gone to Canada so I dodged a big family feud too.

Harte

Hello Harte,

Every time I come to this site you got someone ticked off with you...lol...and it is easy to do these days on this particular topic.  I have noticed here lately that when the left deems necessary it embraces religion and patriotism.  When they want to bring in more entitlement recipients to buy votes with...all of a sudden they are for human rights and tolerant ....the christian thing to do...or when someone is deferred and didn't have to go to Vietnam they are not patriotic...all the while ....they are burning the flag.  I'm loving it ...did you hear the new symbol for the Democrat party is a diaper safety pin?  Most around here prefer the pink little bear.

Hope you been well Harte...

seax

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Just giving away a multi million dollar career playing a game to risk putting ones life on the line on a battlefield was pretty damn brave,heroic,and courageous!

Unlike that sickening lil ceremony Obama had yesterday handing out "freedom medals" to hollywood elites ...

I mean those being the highest civilians awards shouldn't that go to doctors fighting the world menace known as cancer?scientist working on projects to make our world more clean and livable?The list goes on and on of much more deserving people for that award than Tom Hanks,Robert de Niro,and the rest of those ass clown hollywood stars!

Anyone wondering why Hillary didn't win look no further than that ceremony,Dems have become delusional when preaching about inequality and the 1% all the while strutting multi millionare hollywood stars to tell average people how they should vote...

• Like 6

11 hours ago, aquatus1 said:

If you like.  All the articles I can find claim that he was too old to serve when his number came up.

You do agree he was born in 1941 I assume so do the math.  The height of Vietnam was 1967-1971, figure it out yourself and then explain how he was to old and BTW, being drafted wasn't the only way to get into the military.  

Trump was in military school.  He was not just an athlete, but a star athlete.  He got four student deferments, during which he played tennis, football, and baseball.  What were those deferments for?  Would he be unable to finish his schooling after the war?  Would his military schooling help him contribute to the war effort better?  We'll never know, because when his deferments were over, the three-sport star athlete suddenly developed bone spurs.

This was YOUR argument/insult of Trump, not mine and it is a very old one in this day an age given that we haven't had a president since Reagan who served on active duty (Bush flew in the reserves).  *snip*

It is just as bad as reservist officers who regularly attend and collect their reservist paychecks, but suddenly decide they are conscientious objectors when the country declares war.

*snip* Reservists have been serving in combat regularly since 9/11 and account for a large number of our troops in hot spots around the world. *snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed personal insults, flamebaiting
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, -ZZ- said:

It sure does LG.

I've seen divisiveness, and hate crimes. I've seen snowflakes crying their eyes out.  I've seen people (some on this board) who vowed to "move out of the country" and re neg.  I've seen pundits in the MSM eat their words. I've seen that CNN and NBC will be banned from covering Trump after Jan 21st, the 1st amendment not withstanding.

I've seen one campaign promise after the next fall by the wayside in his attempt to move to the center, and frankly, I'm p***ed about it.

So how is the weather up there? :)

I get your anger, but Trump might do better if he concentrated on unifying issues like the economy and the infrastructure instead of the wedge issues that divide us. That's not to say that he should ignore his campaign pledges. He can keep those promises in a pragmatic way. Concentrate on illegal immigrants who are criminals while not focusing on families who contribute. Vet refugees from locations with terrorist ties, but don't put all of them on a national registry. Restore our military and weapons to Cold War levels while seeking a *much* better relationship with Russia. Compromises likely have to be made due to a sense of priorities. That aside, my biggest disappointment is with the lack of focus on the Constitution.

• Like 5

Just now, Paranormal Panther said:

I get your anger, but Trump might do better if he concentrated on unifying issues like the economy and the infrastructure instead of the wedge issues that divide us. That's not to say that he should ignore his campaign pledges. He can keep those promises in a pragmatic way. Concentrate on illegal immigrants who are criminals while not focusing on families who contribute. Vet refugees from locations with terrorist ties, but don't put all of them on a national registry. Restore our military and weapons to Cold War levels while seeking a *much* better relationship with Russia. Compromises likely have to be made due to a sense of priorities. That aside, my biggest disappointment is with the lack of focus on the Constitution.

Para, what makes yo think he isn't going to do thise things, especially when he said as much in his speech?  You have to ignore all the fake news coming out of the very bitter MSM as their objective is to do make people do just exactly what you are doing , get angry and bitter while the man is a month and a half from being sworn in.  Cam down and hit the ignore button on things until well into his first term and be advised this garbage will get a lot smellier as we go along.  

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

"Climate change deniers"  Who the hell is that?  Climate changes, that's how it's supposed to work.

Man-made gorebal warming, now that's a money-stealing scheme...

Using our taxes to pay for natural world cycles that are now being categorized as man-made to justify the spending = crazy by the right.  Trying to make people prove they are actually a citizen when voting by showing an ID = crazy by the right. Making people earn citizenship the legal way instead of breaking the law = crazy by the right.  Making people get an education or look for jobs instead of perpetuating generational welfare entitlements =  crazy by the right. Sorry got off on a soap box, but some of these qualify as the bolded text above indicates.

Edited by Glockornothing
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Para, what makes yo think he isn't going to do thise things, especially when he said as much in his speech?  You have to ignore all the fake news coming out of the very bitter MSM as their objective is to do make people do just exactly what you are doing , get angry and bitter while the man is a month and a half from being sworn in.  Cam down and hit the ignore button on things until well into his first term and be advised this garbage will get a lot smellier as we go along.  

Oh, I'm not angry or bitter over Trump. ZZ said that he was "!@#$ off" about Trump's seeming move to the center, and I replied to ZZ's post. I'm a bit disappointed over his few comments about the Constitution, as well as the Big Brother bent of some of his picks. I agree with your admonition to wait, to see how he does, before claiming buyer's remorse.

On another note, I now will endeavor to post lollipops and unicorns lest another thread is arbitrarily closed. There are a few threads that are closed for moderator review as I type this. I really can't see why. It's a bit overboard, in my opinion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, -ZZ- said:

He was more of a hero than you will ever be.

Now, now.  You don't know what I did during the Gulf War to judge me.   For all you know I could be a medal of honor recipient.(I am not, btw.)

But to be brutally honest- Quitting a multi-million dollar football deal just to be killed by fellow American's friendly fire is not my idea of heroism.  I admire his conviction and bravery, but a tragic death like his with the following government cover-up is more of a shameful waste in my eyes than anything else. 

Tillman at least had the choice to join and serve, unlike the many Vietnam vets I knew who were drafted because their daddies weren't rich enough to get them exempted. So in that aspect he has my respect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glockornothing said:

Using our taxes to pay for natural world cycles that are now being categorized as man-made to justify the spending = crazy by the right.  Trying to make people prove they are actually a citizen when voting by showing an ID = crazy by the right. Making people earn citizenship the legal way instead of breaking the law = crazy by the right.  Making people get an education or look for jobs instead of perpetuating generational welfare entitlements =  crazy by the right. Sorry got off on a soap box, but some of these qualify as the bolded text above indicates.

You are preaching to the choir.  It's the Grand Hypocrisy of the Left in action.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked