Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sweetpumper

The Wall

827 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Sweetpumper

Gohmert: Funds Already Appropriated for Border Wall — ‘It’s Going to Happen’

Friday on Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends,” Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) was optimistic about the prospects of President-elect Donald Trump being able to follow through with his campaign promises of a border wall.

Gohmert told “Fox & Friends” co-host Steve Doocy that there has been money already appropriated for the wall and that he was excited about the prospects of Trump “actually following the law.”

“It’s amazing what you can get Congress to do when you lead and push them in the right direction,” Gohmert said. “And actually, you know, we had appropriated money during the Bush administration that didn’t get spent for the wall. So, yeah, it’s going to be great to have somebody that’s actually following the law.”

“We’re going to be able to get this done,” he added. “It’s going to happen.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/11/11/gohmert-funds-already-appropriated-for-border-wall-its-going-to-happen/

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdealJustice

I don't see the problem with a wall. Legal immigrants can access the borders and flow right in. The only reason to be against the wall is to ignore the dangers of illegal immigration.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
22 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

Funds Already Appropriated

They've robbed a bank in Mexico already?

 

I'll only be satisfied if it is indeed a Big, Beautiful, Powerful, what else was it, Towering, Powerful, and of course yuuuuuuge Wall, as promised. If it isn't, and it's just some piddling cheap concrete thing then the American People(TM) ought to sue him for breach of promise. 

Edited by Grand Moff Tarkin
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

than why don't we sue for "if you like your policy you can keep it"

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
3 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

They've robbed a bank in Mexico already?

 

I'll only be satisfied if it is indeed a Big, Beautiful, Powerful, what else was it, Towering, Powerful, and of course yuuuuuuge Wall, as promised. If it isn't, and it's just some piddling cheap concrete thing then the American People(TM) ought to sue him for breach of promise. 

My prediction is that he is just going to finally complete the rest of our fence that never got finished

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2

yep its going to happen and Mexico will pay for that wall :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ellapennella
On 11/11/2016 at 3:41 PM, Sweetpumper said:

Gohmert: Funds Already Appropriated for Border Wall — ‘It’s Going to Happen’

Friday on Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends,” Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) was optimistic about the prospects of President-elect Donald Trump being able to follow through with his campaign promises of a border wall.

Gohmert told “Fox & Friends” co-host Steve Doocy that there has been money already appropriated for the wall and that he was excited about the prospects of Trump “actually following the law.”

“It’s amazing what you can get Congress to do when you lead and push them in the right direction,” Gohmert said. “And actually, you know, we had appropriated money during the Bush administration that didn’t get spent for the wall. So, yeah, it’s going to be great to have somebody that’s actually following the law.”

“We’re going to be able to get this done,” he added. “It’s going to happen.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/11/11/gohmert-funds-already-appropriated-for-border-wall-its-going-to-happen/

So, all this started first with  Regan ? I thought congress said after that ,a wall had to be built , I thought that was the deal back then...but the wall never got built .

Experts: ‘Reagan Amnesty’ for Illegal Aliens Set The Stage for Immigration Battles

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/08/23/experts-reagan-amnesty-for-illegal-aliens-set-the-stage-for-immigration-battles/

 

would like to also share a video well worth watching...

 

Edited by Ellapennella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kazahel

Western Australia had a similar idea but I don't think it turned out too well.

 

Rabbit Proof Fence Fail.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frank Merton

I think of the abomination and ugly thing, and symbol of tyranny, that the Berlin Wall became.  Then I see pictures of the proposed wall and it gives me bad dreams of the dystopia sort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilly

There's a big difference regarding the Berlin wall and the Mexico border wall. The Berlin wall illegally kept people from leaving. The Mexico border wall will keep people from entering illegally.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baz Dane
9 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

 

Just curious...

How do you have the name "Frank Merton" from Cambodia? I don't imagine that "Merton"... or "Frank" for that matter... as being a regular Cambodian name... perhaps I am wrong... or perhaps you emigrated there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frank Merton
Just now, Lemieux said:

Just curious...

How do you have the name "Frank Merton" from Cambodia? I don't imagine that "Merton"... or "Frank" for that matter... as being a regular Cambodian name... perhaps I am wrong... or perhaps you emigrated there?

Before the American War in Vietnam, I studied in America, and that was the American name I used (back then Asians in the States tended to adopt American names to make things easier -- nowadays this isn't much done because of nationalist attitudes in Asia that have since developed. 

I also worked for over twenty years for an American corporation, traveling a lot in North America.  Then I became a specialist in American policy advice and have now pretty much retired, although my company (very nice of them) keeps me on the payroll for occasional consultations.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frank Merton
14 minutes ago, Lilly said:

There's a big difference regarding the Berlin wall and the Mexico border wall. The Berlin wall illegally kept people from leaving. The Mexico border wall will keep people from entering illegally.  

Really?  Your values are seriously in need of thought.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
21 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

I think of the abomination and ugly thing, and symbol of tyranny, that the Berlin Wall became.  Then I see pictures of the proposed wall and it gives me bad dreams of the dystopia sort.

I just read the headlines but it seems that Trump has back peddled a bit. Apparently some of 'The Wall' will be quite "fence like".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.
6 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I just read the headlines but it seems that Trump has back peddled a bit. Apparently some of 'The Wall' will be quite "fence like".

Yes he said that. There are spots on the border that would make a fence more practical. Have you heard the Border Patrol is sending more agents to the Rio Grande Valley from other more northern areas even as we speak?

As far as the geography of the southern border goes, I'm not trying to be wise, but have you ever been there? There are many natural barriers where a fence that was properly patrolled would be sufficient.

Edited by -ZZ-
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baz Dane
18 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Before the American War in Vietnam, I studied in America, and that was the American name I used (back then Asians in the States tended to adopt American names to make things easier -- nowadays this isn't much done because of nationalist attitudes in Asia that have since developed. 

I also worked for over twenty years for an American corporation, traveling a lot in North America.  Then I became a specialist in American policy advice and have now pretty much retired, although my company (very nice of them) keeps me on the payroll for occasional consultations.

 

Ah I see. I totally understand about the name change thing. I ran a pool hall in Chinatown in the early 1990's and I asked one of the regulars named Ben, how him and some of the other regulars have names such as Ben, George, Terry etc and his reply was that they changed their names to "English" names as some of their names are difficult for North Americans to pronounce. A very cool thing I thought anyways.

Cheers :tu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thorvir
28 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Before the American War in Vietnam, I studied in America, and that was the American name I used (back then Asians in the States tended to adopt American names to make things easier -- nowadays this isn't much done because of nationalist attitudes in Asia that have since developed. 

I also worked for over twenty years for an American corporation, traveling a lot in North America.  Then I became a specialist in American policy advice and have now pretty much retired, although my company (very nice of them) keeps me on the payroll for occasional consultations.

And yet none of that gives you any real insight to actually what's going on over here, yet you continue to pretend you know better than us.  Strange that is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thorvir
25 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Really?  Your values are seriously in need of thought.

We'll wait for you to think yours out first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thorvir
48 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

I think of the abomination and ugly thing, and symbol of tyranny, that the Berlin Wall became.  Then I see pictures of the proposed wall and it gives me bad dreams of the dystopia sort.

Complete and utter irrelevance.  The "wall" would keep illegals out.  The Berlin wall trapped people in.  But, I guess that's as close as we'll get to a Godwin in this thread so far.

But again, like I said, the root of the problem should be fixed...Mexico...instead of applying a bandage and hoping it goes away.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frank Merton
1 hour ago, Lemieux said:

Just curious...

How do you have the name "Frank Merton" from Cambodia? I don't imagine that "Merton"... or "Frank" for that matter... as being a regular Cambodian name... perhaps I am wrong... or perhaps you emigrated there?

Before the American War in Vietnam, I studied in America, and that was the American name I used (back then Asians in the States tended to adopt American names to make things easier -- nowadays this isn't much done because of nationalist attitudes in Asia that have since developed. 

I also worked for over twenty years for an American corporation, traveling a lot in North America.  Then I became a specialist in American policy advice and have now pretty much retired, although my company (very nice of them) keeps me on the payroll for occasional consultations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frank Merton

American's, at least those of autocratic attitudes (right wing) have a perverse view.  That wall will become a symbol of American evil all around the world -- not just in Latin America, and will make enemies of millions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glockornothing
4 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

American's, at least those of autocratic attitudes (right wing) have a perverse view.  That wall will become a symbol of American evil all around the world -- not just in Latin America, and will make enemies of millions.

Will the millions of enemies we make stay in their countries? If so its worth it to build the wall. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.