Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Wall

Sweetpumper

8 hours ago, aquatus1 said:

One thing I have entertained for several years is the idea of an American Foreign Legion.

Think about it:  we would have a way to vet immigrants for multiple years, make sure they come into the country with a firm grasp of culture, language, and skills...

and: we would have a ready, first-strike, military force to send in when something needs to be done, but we don't really want to commit to anything too drastic.

That way, if they win, it's a victory for the U.S., and of they lose...well, they weren't really us, you know?

So it's like the Federal Reserve then.   Create an independent entity so govt can relieve itself of its responsibility.

But let me guess, the Minutemen on the border were just a bunch of crazies because they weren't state sanctioned. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2016 at 5:34 PM, docyabut2 said:

yep its going to happen and Mexico will pay for that wall :)

87B8oYG.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

87B8oYG.jpg

The Bajorians would probably LOVE a wall around the Gamma Quadrant, given that their home system was the frontline of an invasion from the Gamma Quadrant.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is one where I disagree with Trump. We don't need a wall. We just have to turn off welfare for non citizens, and put more resources to control the boarder.

Any place that can build a wall bad enough to keep people out, is bad enough to keep people in.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

This is one where I disagree with Trump. We don't need a wall. We just have to turn off welfare for non citizens, and put more resources to control the boarder.

Any place that can build a wall bad enough to keep people out, is bad enough to keep people in.

Huge fines for any company found employing illegal immigrants would help allot. 

• Like 5

This I agree with, but until that happens, a wall might be needed.  I'd much prefer the reasons for Mexicans fleeing their country to be fixed first.

Yeah, because of the record number of illegal aliens leaving the US for better opportunities in Mexico.....:rolleyes: :P

2 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Oh good news ! The Wall is being built.

LMAO!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Thorvir said:

This I agree with, but until that happens, a wall might be needed.  I'd much prefer the reasons for Mexicans fleeing their country to be fixed first.

Yeah, because of the record number of illegal aliens leaving the US for better opportunities in Mexico.....:rolleyes: :P

Im not saying its a problem today. But say there was a nuclear, or chemical attack where people on the boarder had to flee? Any number of things could happen where Americans near the boarder might need temporary shelter from Mexico.

The United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has estimated that 11.4 million unauthorized immigrants lived in the United States in January 2012. According to DHS estimates, "the number of illegal immigrants peaked around 12 million in 2007 and has gradually declined to closer to 11 million."[1] The DHS estimate "is in the same ballpark as several independent organizations that study illegal immigration, including Pew Research Center (11.3 million); the Center for Migration Studies (11 million), which studies migration and promotes policies that safeguard the rights of migrants, and the Center for Immigration Studies, which advocates for low levels of legal immigration (11–12 million)."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration_to_the_United_States

I think a lot of the people not wanting a wall boils down to this. Just who is employing these people? Regardless, you can rest assured they are not paying social security, since they have no social security number, no taxes, they probably aren't receiving medical benefits, and more than likely are not receiving, full pay, "you know, being an illegal and all that" as spoken by their employer. So a wall would put a damper on the heftier paycheck of employers since they do not have to provide any benefits, other than a job, at reduced wages. So I bet that is the one screaming about "the wall." Watching their cheap labor go bye, probably makes them cry like a snowflake.

So in the meantime, the taxpayer must provide part of their wages to support illegals when they need medical attention, or food and shelter, because the employers are illegally employing them. At what point do we put a stop to illegal immigration? Should we wait until the country falls under heavy debt, because their are now more illegals working and not paying taxes, and the taxpayer can no longer support the illegals and the U.S runs out of money to support welfare, WIC, free housing, and all the other programs genuine to the welfare of this nation?

• Like 1

Jeez folks don't put Mexicans who stay in Mexico on our plate too.   I guess that might be the natural progression of things after making illegal immigrants such a national priority.

A better economy in Mexico would make Mexicans less likely to leave in the first place, and more likely to return back as well because they'll reunite with family and have a job too.  

So what do we get?

No Ford/Carrier plants in Mexico!   Less trade with Mexico and other North/Central American countries!  A wall on the border with Mexico!   These wonderful ideas serve to keep illegal immigrants here. 

3 hours ago, South Alabam said:

The United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has estimated that 11.4 million unauthorized immigrants lived in the United States in January 2012. According to DHS estimates, "the number of illegal immigrants peaked around 12 million in 2007 and has gradually declined to closer to 11 million."[1] The DHS estimate "is in the same ballpark as several independent organizations that study illegal immigration, including Pew Research Center (11.3 million); the Center for Migration Studies (11 million), which studies migration and promotes policies that safeguard the rights of migrants, and the Center for Immigration Studies, which advocates for low levels of legal immigration (11–12 million)."

And none at all of them of course were allowed the opportunity to vote due to some administrative fiddle orchestrated by the Democratic party error, of course, were they, no ... :innocent:

• Like 1

It's sounding more and more like Trump is planning on just finishing the 2006 secure fence act and slapping his name on it.  Let's see if congress gives him the money for it.  The only reason why Bush never finished is because the fiscal hawks thought it was a waste of money and never fully appropriated money for it.

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It's sounding more and more like Trump is planning on just finishing the 2006 secure fence act and slapping his name on it.

That would be within his M.O.

• Like 1

President Barack Obama will reportedly have a big, beautiful wall around his new home in Washington DC.

According to spy photos from TMZ, workers are currently building a brick wall around the rental home where the Obamas plan to live after leaving the White House.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/06/tmz-obama-building-wall-around-new-home/

Hmm. Now, why in the world would he do that?

• Like 1

Trump asking congress to pay for wall :lol: Trump asking Congress, not Mexico, to pay for border wall   

Trump says Americans will pay for wall and mexico will repay. Ummmmmm ?????? 

• Like 1

Trump Inc will get a massive cut on both sides and both ways ... ka - ching

~

So let us get this straight, Trump himself cannot even get a business loan from an American bank due to his bankruptcies but wants taxpayers to lend him the funds for a wall with the promise Mexico will pay it back later?

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

So let us get this straight, Trump himself cannot even get a business loan from an American bank due to his bankruptcies but wants taxpayers to lend him the funds for a wall with the promise Mexico will pay it back later?

lol, that is b.s. he has plenty of assets to act as collateral to get any loan in any bank, regardless of bankruptcies. if some amercian banks wont lend him, it is only for political reasons, not financial

2 hours ago, aztek said:

lol, that is b.s. he has plenty of assets to act as collateral to get any loan in any bank, regardless of bankruptcies. if some amercian banks wont lend him, it is only for political reasons, not financial

I wouldn't be so quick to say that.  Banks that Trump would apply for a loan with have more access to Trump's financial information than the electorate.  Remember-he still hasn't released his taxes.  And he has a history of non-payment to many of his contractors and business associates.  His 0% tax rate could be because he legitimately owes more than he makes after all.....

• Like 1

there is a video of hillary telling people there needs to be a wall built from a few years ago now trump wants to build one hes mean lol, lets build this wall and keep them from sneaking in, if u wanna come here get ur green card and do it right

Edited by coolguy
  • Like 1

No matter what happens, my home will be awfully screwed-up anyway. It already was, but yeah... 

Edited by Dino-Mario

The building of the Wall to me isn’t just and only a wall, it is a border system.  The Wall includes enforcing current laws on the books and adding new appropriate ones.  Which includes jail time or automatic deportation for violent felons and penalties for business that uses illegals.  The 14th Amendment “anchor baby” loophole will have to be closed.  Coming up with a deportation process that will include semi-amnesty to select individuals that are willing to pay restitution for being here illegally.  Using multiple methods for closing the border.  Which would be natural and man-made barriers.  And bolstered by active and passive surveillance.  This would allow R&D of new technologies and techniques.  And all of this would need to be manned and maintained.  I’d suggest that it be manned by high school grads offering a two year enlistment that while in service, they prepare for and follow an academic or vocational path post service.  But all of this to me is THE WALL.  This is want comes to mind.

• Like 1