Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Wall

Sweetpumper

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Well of course Quebec very nearly succeeded in spinning off didn't it, so it might be quite possible for the same thing to happen to Canadia. It might happen yet! If it does, would California and whichver other states went along with it come under the British commonwealth once again? 

*image snip*

Canadia?

Very much doubt it, largely because secession is illegal in the States. It would have to require a complete meltdown of the US and I highly doubt those former Americans would care to join the Commonwealth. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

The boundaries were never "official".

No.  If was all speculation.  Whether started it was the provinces and states that had most of thd natural resources did not feel they were treated fairly by the federal governments.  Personally, I don't see either government letting go of natural resources.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

Cascadia.

Basically Alaska, Yukon, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon and northern California.

http://www.cascadianow.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_(independence_movement)

I actually quite like the flag.

I don't like the blue and green in that combination, though.  Is that a larch?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Thorvir said:

I don't like the blue and green in that combination, though.  Is that a larch?

Douglas fir.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Military maneuvers actually cost a ton of money.  Sure they get paid their salary, but the support and logistics cost would be painful.  Plus having the military operate in the states causes panic (see the Operation Jade Helm thread)

We already pay for basic training in places like Fort Jackson, Fort Leonard and Fort Benning.  

• Like 1

Isolation is a bad idea.   Trade is essential.   We generate too much soybean and corn meal to use ourselves.  

We also need to blend canola and palm oil into our products.

3 hours ago, danielost said:

did you know that more americans are on food stamps and jobless rate went down.  so if americans aren't working who is.

robots!

13 minutes ago, Myles said:

We already pay for basic training in places like Fort Jackson, Fort Leonard and Fort Benning.  

When I was in basic training we never left base.  To train on a 1000+ mile border will require a bit more infrastructure than a barracks and a chowhall.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

Is guarding the border considered national security and/or public safety?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/us/politics/federal-hiring-freeze.html

He also has said he wants to add 5000 more border patrol agents.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/25/trump-calls-for-major-boost-in-border-patrol-and-immigration-agents/

Well isn't that a cute little exception.  Meanwhile, there are over 40,000 unfilled positions in VA hospitals across the country.  Best Veteran's President EVER!

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

Douglas fir.

Are you sure it isn't....the Larch.  The Larch.

the larch.jpg

Edited by Thorvir

12 hours ago, Thorvir said:

No.  Best look up that history again.

You seem to be trying.  But I understand it, it's just that looking up history is so easy in this day and age.

Is ths another one of your "do your own research" posts?   

If I'm wrong in the understanding I've come to from my reading, and you're genuine in saying that it's refreshing, wouldn't it make sense to educate me? You know,  prove your point.

Your reply suggests to me that you don't care about the answers to the questions that you proposed.  You have your own theories and factual history doesn't come into it.  

Political ideology can be just as ignorant as religious ideology.  

• Like 2

These smugglers found out that even a border fence can be effective. oops

31717947144_9b0733f540_z.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Thorvir said:

Are you sure it isn't....the Larch.  The Larch.

the larch.jpg

No. It's a Douglas fir.

That.s why it's called, the "Doug" flag.

A Larch is a wannabe evergreen.

2 hours ago, The Butler said:

Is ths another one of your "do your own research" posts?   

If I'm wrong in the understanding I've come to from my reading, and you're genuine in saying that it's refreshing, wouldn't it make sense to educate me? You know,  prove your point.

Your reply suggests to me that you don't care about the answers to the questions that you proposed.  You have your own theories and factual history doesn't come into it.  

Hmmm, now who's being combative?  You say you're open to education on the subject, but won't do the work yourself.  I know for a fact how things went, and that doesn't match what your saying....EVEN AFTER claiming you didn't know that much about it.  What am I supposed to do, hand hold you while we skim through wikipedia?

2 hours ago, The Butler said:

Political ideology can be just as ignorant as religious ideology.  

I've been seeing that a lot on these forums lately....

44 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

No. It's a Douglas fir.

That.s why it's called, the "Doug" flag.

A Larch is a wannabe evergreen.

But wouldn't it be better if it were The Larch.  The Larch.

(I'm waiting for someone to get the Monty Python connection....)

5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

When I was in basic training we never left base.  To train on a 1000+ mile border will require a bit more infrastructure than a barracks and a chowhall.

Get caught out of the barracks if you want.  We had a guy that went off base to go to Wal-Mart to buy candy to sell.  He had to check in with the fireguard at night every hour for 2 weeks.  Imagine how much sleep he got.

46 minutes ago, Thorvir said:

Hmmm, now who's being combative?  You say you're open to education on the subject, but won't do the work yourself.  I know for a fact how things went, and that doesn't match what your saying....EVEN AFTER claiming you didn't know that much about it.  What am I supposed to do, hand hold you while we skim through wikipedia?

Thanks for the enlightening chat.  

About 20 years ago there was a study showing that the average Australian school kid had more knowledbe of the history and geography of the US than the average US school child of same age.   

You argue in the style of a conspiracy theorist. It's really unproductive.  

If I was wrong, and not simply saying stuff you don't like, I'm sure you'd show me how and why I'm wrong. 

53 minutes ago, Thorvir said:

I'm not jumping in on this debate between you two pro or con Thorvir vs Butler...

But the point of "do your own research" is extremely valid on here many many times over...

Now during a discussion helping out the other party is fine,if debating...well that's on said person to do the research to validate their own point!

Seriously i always hear on here "this is a discussion" or "this is a debate" site...What is it?

Both aren't one and the same!

If we are debating i won't hold your hand and deliver facts to you,if we are discussing sure... ;)

Edited by CrimsonKing

2 minutes ago, The Butler said:

Thanks for the enlightening chat.  

About 20 years ago there was a study showing that the average Australian school kid had more knowledbe of the history and geography of the US than the average US school child of same age.   

You argue in the style of a conspiracy theorist. It's really unproductive.  

If I was wrong, and not simply saying stuff you don't like, I'm sure you'd show me how and why I'm wrong. 

His style is extremely broad facts with no proof to back it up, and insults...you'll get used to it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Very much doubt it, largely because secession is illegal in the States. It would have to require a complete meltdown of the US and I highly doubt those former Americans would care to join the Commonwealth.

Maybe not but you can still be our friends.  And there are larches out here too, but Doug fir and redwoods pay the bills.

I like the California, Oregon, Washington union.  Wealth, high technology, great standard of living (6th largest economy in the world) and all of the fruit, vegetables, nuts and wine anyone needs.  O, and don't forget the surf. Great benefits.  Hawaii would probably come along so we could even have a national coffee.  IF BC wanted in, that would be cool, A?  No doubt we could annex Baja California. It would be great.  We could cut our own sweet deals with China and Japan.  

It would benefit everyone.  In the Central Eastern United States the Republicans would gain perpetual control because all of the tree-huggers and lefties would be in another nation, Pacifica.   The Pacificans could live their own righteous lifestyle and not have to drag along the Central and Eastern United States.  Everybody would be happier.  States rights is starting to sound pretty good. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I'm not jumping in on this debate between you two pro or con Thorvir vs Butler...

But the point of "do your own research" is extremely valid on here many many times over...

Now during a discussion helping out the other party is fine,if debating...well that's on said person to do the research to validate their own point!

Seriously i always here on here "this is a discussion" or "this is a debate" site...What is it?

Both aren't one and the same!

If we are debating i won't hold your hand and deliver facts to you,if we are discussing sure... ;)

If we're debating, then of course you have a point.  

I wasn't aware of being in a debate. If I was asked to debate points of fact on US history I would humbly decline the offer.  

My comprehension is being challenged with scoffing and implied greater knowledge. That isn't debating. So I'm not sure what's going on.  

I've read a lot of US history, but there's a lot I haven't too.  The territorial changes and reasons for them are fairly unambiguous though. 

7 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

His style is extremely broad facts with no proof to back it up, and insults...you'll get used to it.

I was going to write this almost word for word in my last post, but decided to try and be diplomatic.  

For what it's worth. 

• Like 1

Just stepping in with a quick, if this where a debate then correct process would be to correct misinformation with accurate information. 

• Like 2

Just now, The Butler said:

If we're debating, then of course you have a point.  

I wasn't aware of being in a debate. If I was asked to debate points of fact on US history I would humbly decline the offer.  

My comprehension is being challenged with scoffing and implied greater knowledge. That isn't debating. So I'm not sure what's going on.  

I've read a lot of US history, but there's a lot I haven't too.  The territorial changes and reasons for them are fairly unambiguous though. 

Gottcha ;)

As said i'm not taking sides,just tried catching up on this thread and saw a parts of a continuos theme i see many times on here and feel the need it needs pointed out to some...even if it needs repeating!

Again not at you guys,was just skimming through and said why bother lol...This thread passed me by...

• Like 1

Just now, Kismit said:

Just stepping in with a quick, if this where a debate then correct process would be to correct misinformation with accurate information. 

Sometimes its best to let "experts" actually do their own debunking...

More study may be a positive ;)

• Like 1