Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Trump Keeping his Campaign Promises?

Farmer77

Heaven forfend that he change his mind when presented with evidence he finds convincing.

• Like 2

Breaking! Trump Criminal Investigation Still on The Table

Trump says he will not take investigations of the Clintons off the table

Alex Jones discusses the breaking report showing that Trump will NOT take an investigation into Hillary Clinton off the table despite earlier reports

http://www.infowars.com/breaking-trump-criminal-investigation-still-on-the-table/

1 hour ago, and then said:

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/23/trump-changes-his-tune-on-climate-change-jailing-clinton/

So my question is, how many of his core promises can he walk away from and still continue to receive support from those who put him into office?  FTR, I'm glad that he's walking back the line on climate change.  Deciding to allow HRC and the Foundation to skate without any action is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.  I have no desire to necessarily see the lying crook in a cell but we either live in a nation of laws or we don't.  People are not stupid and at some point, that same lawlessness will spread throughout our system and it will be the death of our nation.  She, Huma, Lerner, and Koskinen need to be exposed and Lerner and Koskinen need PRISON TIME.

I will admit I was disappointed upon hearing this.

I'd say hold her feet to the fire along with her Corrupt husband, Huma and the whole gang!

• Like 2

According to the LA Times this morning, yesterday Trump compromised on at least three issues.

First, he said he had been persuaded that torture was ineffective and that other methods work better -- torture only generates fabrications, not truth.  I would wish he would address the moral issue here -- that the appeal of torture seems to be sadistic and revenge impulses in the interrogator and has no scientific basis, and, more significantly, is wrong.

Second, he backed off on prosecuting Mrs. Clinton, saying she had suffered enough and that the Clinton Trust actually does a good deal of good.  This is really nothing more than an admission that the Big Lie he based his campaign (that Mrs. Clinton is "evil") and apparently won the Presidency on is false.  He would in fact, or at least should in fact, have no influence on whether there are prosecutions or not -- this is supposed to be done in a non-political way by the attorneys investigating -- and it would seem that no prosecutions are in the offing.  Putting it in terms of having "mercy" on the Clintons is transparent and outrageous, after the way he conducted the campaign. 

Third, now he says he has an "open mind" about global warming and that US withdrawal from recent warming agreements will not be automatic.  That is perhaps the most encouraging thing of all, since the consequences of his sticking with his prior unscientific attitudes could lead to disaster for future generations.

• Like 2

After January 20th he will probably announce the investigation is back on. Till then play it safe with the electoral college and the present pardon happy bozo in office.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Glockornothing said:

After January 20th he will probably announce the investigation is back on. Till then play it safe with the electoral college and the present pardon happy bozo in office.

Which is a good point, if he does launch an investigation too soon, there's always the risk of certain parties simply pardoning her.

• Like 3

It's up to the Attorney general that Trump selects and congress confirms... to prosecute.

Trump say's he will not take investigation off the table.

Alex said:  "We had folks here hysterical at the office today" ...

Published on Nov 22, 2016

The lying media has continued to push fake news by claiming that Trump will absolutely not investigate Hillary. Infowars sets the record straight.

Help us spread the word about the liberty movement, we're reaching millions help us reach millions more. Share the free live video feed link with your friends & family: http://www.infowars.com/show

I think all he is doing right now is trying to remove from the table any items that may distract from the decisions that need immediate attention.  Tossing bones to the media, so to speak, so that they don't keep hounding him about certain questions.  No investigation into Hillary can begin now anyway.  He's only the President elect and has no power or authority.  After he gets his entire cabinet in place, with a new AG and possibly new FBI director, then the people in those positions will be free to do their job as they see fit without any interference or guidance from Trump.  Unfortunately, what we're seeing is Trump learning to be a politician.  We have no idea what he has learned from his security briefings that may have changed his opinions or his perception of reality.  There are many things that the President elect is privy to that would have been unknown to the candidate.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, and then said:

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/23/trump-changes-his-tune-on-climate-change-jailing-clinton/

So my question is, how many of his core promises can he walk away from and still continue to receive support from those who put him into office?  FTR, I'm glad that he's walking back the line on climate change.  Deciding to allow HRC and the Foundation to skate without any action is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE....

*snip*

While today the Trump Foundation admitted to self serving?

There will be no investigation. Start prying up the floor boards and you might fall through.

The early morning sun begins to rise behind the U.S. Capitol on November 17, 2016 in Washington, DC. Later today, Vice President-elect Mike Pence is scheduled to meet with Congressional lawmakers on Capitol Hill. (Photo by )

off topic :

The House of Representatives passed legislation, 240-to-179, allowing Congress to undo any last-minute rules and regulations put on the books in the waning days of President Barack Obama.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/17/house-gop-warns-obama-bureaucrats-we-will-reverse-midnight-rules/

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

They'll probably do the same with all of Trump's new executive orders.

With a predominantly Republican House and Senate President Trump may not have implement all his policies via Executive Order like President Obama did.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

With a predominantly Republican House and Senate President Trump may not have implement all his policies via Executive Order like President Obama did.

Trumps not a real Republican. The uphill fight might not be the same, but it'll be an uphill fight nonetheless.

• Like 1

Ah yes, I recall awhile back:  Mr Trump will never ever seriously run for President. Mr Trump will never ever be able to win the GOP nomination. Mr Trump will never ever be President of the United States. And now: Mr Trump will never ever be able to get anything approved by the 'real' Republicans in the House and Senate.

Time will tell.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Ah yes, I recall awhile back:  Mr Trump will never ever seriously run for President. Mr Trump will never ever be able to win the GOP nomination. Mr Trump will never ever be President of the United States. And now: Mr Trump will never ever be able to get anything approved by the 'real' Republicans in the House and Senate.

Time will tell.

Well, if you predicted that all the above was false, can you pick my lotto numbers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

Let Jeff Sessions get confirmed in as Attorney General . I have hope that Jeff Sessions will do the right thing.

Do the right thing, like escalate the "war on drugs" with his anti-plant-based drug crusade.   What a terrible appointee, again.

16 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Do the right thing, like escalate the "war on drugs" with his anti-plant-based drug crusade.   What a terrible appointee, again.

is this about the KKK joke?

off topic

Report: Nearly 200,000 U.S.-Funded Afghan Soldiers Are ‘Ghost’ Troops

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/10/07/watchdog-suggests-nearly-200k-u-s-funded-afghan-troops-ghost-forces/

EXCLUSIVE – Alarm as Thousands of Islamic State Fighters in Syria, Iraq ‘Missing’

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2016/09/10/exclusive-alarm-thousands-islamic-state-fighters-syria-iraq-missing/

(((oops..wrong link,  now  fixed ..)))

Thousands of Green Cards Have 'Simply Gone Missing,' IG Says

http://abcnews.go.com/US/thousands-green-cards-simply-missing-ig/story?id=43701333

Report: Outgoing President Shuts Down Border Aerial Surveillance Program

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/11/20/report-outgoing-president-shuts-border-aerial-surveillance-program/

Edited by Ellapennella

The % he goes back on his promises is the % he lied to get elected.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I don't like it.

What, being asked questions or having to provide answers for your statements?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lord Fedorable said:

Heaven forfend that he change his mind when presented with evidence he finds convincing.

Nowhere has that been stated.  His reasoning was that he didn't want to "hurt" the Clintons.  I suspect -and hope - that the Congress will move forward with the investigations.  NO ONE should be above the law.  If he thinks he's buying goodwill from the Left, he's kidding himself.  I think he's in real danger of turning his supporters against him.  They are the only barrier he will have against impeachment at some future date when he has offended BOTH parties.

• Like 1

Great idea starting this thread, And Then.

Trump is going in the direction I figured he would. More broken promises and disappointments to come I'll bet.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Purifier said:

Great idea starting this thread, And Then.

Trump is going in the direction I figured he would. More broken promises and disappointments to come I'll bet.

Concur - he is not even 'officially' the President yet - and his BS is already starting to shine through in regards to broken promises. 

I did not think it would be so soon though.

• Like 2