Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Twins and Telepathy?

StudereAnthropology

Hello all,
I am an anthropology student researching twin sibling telepathy. I've always been interested in twin sibling relationships as a non-twin older sister. Currently, I am taking a class about the anthropology of the supernatural and I was hoping to reach out to any twins interested in sharing their experiences to incorporate into my final paper. I am not interested in denying or "rationalizing" your accounts, I just want to learn about your stories. This paper will not be published; only my professor will read it, and I will use pseudonyms to protect your privacy. If you have the time and are willing to help a student earn an "A", my questions are below. Feel free to ask me any questions and to expand beyond my questions.

1. Are you an identical or fraternal twin? How close (emotionally) are you to one another? 
2. What are your thoughts about the supernatural (would you consider yourself a believer, skeptic, both, or neither? Feel free to elaborate) 
3. What state of consciousness were you in when the experience happened?
4. What happened, and how did you experience it (dream, vision, sympathetic pain, etc.)? 
5. What did you learn? How complete was the information you learned? 
6. Why do you think you and your twin had this experience/these experiences?

15 minutes ago, Marss said:

Why did you use a background color for your text? I doubt there's any twins

I've been hitting up a few different forums in the hopes of contacting some twins, and one of the forums has a green background. I'm not tech savvy enough to figure out how to change the formatting. There might not be any twins, but it's worth a shot.

• Like 1

I am an identical twin, Marss. ;)

1) Identical twin, we were always in good term, shared the same friends and interests

2) I'm rather skeptic now, although there are plenty of room for stuff unknown to science. I was more a paranormal believer back in high school.

3) What experience? Telepathy? The closest to it was in my teens, where me and my twin were spontaneously answering the exact same thing at the exact same time in the exact same tone. No precise state of mind then. My sister and I also guessed quite a few request from my mom in advance. She would say "I need your help, girls" and one of us (or both) would say "you want us to make the dinner" or whatever other chores she had in mind. We mocked her saying she was so predictable.

Also, among our bunch of friends, we had a game for a time, guess the digit. One is set to chose a digit and another one is set to try to guess it. I was uncanny good, I had an around 90% success. I though my friends were mocking me, but who knows.

4) On the guess the digit game, I was concentrating... but blanking my mind at the same time. Focused, but blank.

5) What did I learn... nothing much. Although I'm good at guessing what's coming next in the fictional series I follow. But, maybe they are just "so predictable". Although I did humiliated a few fellow forumers with a "bet your avatar" about the next plot twist (that was on another forum). I was the only one to guess the plot twist.

6) I never had anything intense with my twin sister, I can beat her up with no consequence. XD

For an recent example, my sister asked me to go over her house to sit her daughter just a week before the New France Festival. I had the thought that it could be a good idea to bring my sewing stuff and my costume which needed some improvement. When I made it to my sister house, she said she should have told me to bring my New France and sewing stuff. I answered: "It's in the car. We'll work on it when you'll be back". It's nothing different than the independent random thoughts I have every day, though.

• Like 1

I'm not a twin, but I do have a younger brother and we are so close that we are like twins. Not a week goes by where we haven't said something the other was thinking (this happens an awful lot) or seen something that has reminded us of the same things. 

Ive noticed aswell that my 2nd daughter who happens to look like me a lot will say things I'm thinking, which have been quite obscure at times. She's only 4. 

Maybe a mix of genetics and the wavelength you are on mentally if that makes sense. 

I know it doesn't answer your question, but something to add to the mix I suppose. Fascinating subject to write about! 

Good luck,

Lucy 

23 hours ago, Gingitsune said:

I am an identical twin, Marss. ;)

1) Identical twin, we were always in good term, shared the same friends and interests

2) I'm rather skeptic now, although there are plenty of room for stuff unknown to science. I was more a paranormal believer back in high school.

3) What experience? Telepathy? The closest to it was in my teens, where me and my twin were spontaneously answering the exact same thing at the exact same time in the exact same tone. No precise state of mind then. My sister and I also guessed quite a few request from my mom in advance. She would say "I need your help, girls" and one of us (or both) would say "you want us to make the dinner" or whatever other chores she had in mind. We mocked her saying she was so predictable.

Also, among our bunch of friends, we had a game for a time, guess the digit. One is set to chose a digit and another one is set to try to guess it. I was uncanny good, I had an around 90% success. I though my friends were mocking me, but who knows.

4) On the guess the digit game, I was concentrating... but blanking my mind at the same time. Focused, but blank.

5) What did I learn... nothing much. Although I'm good at guessing what's coming next in the fictional series I follow. But, maybe they are just "so predictable". Although I did humiliated a few fellow forumers with a "bet your avatar" about the next plot twist (that was on another forum). I was the only one to guess the plot twist.

6) I never had anything intense with my twin sister, I can beat her up with no consequence. XD

For an recent example, my sister asked me to go over her house to sit her daughter just a week before the New France Festival. I had the thought that it could be a good idea to bring my sewing stuff and my costume which needed some improvement. When I made it to my sister house, she said she should have told me to bring my New France and sewing stuff. I answered: "It's in the car. We'll work on it when you'll be back". It's nothing different than the independent random thoughts I have every day, though.

Thank you so much for your post! I have tears streaming down my eyes because I was beginning to lose hope in my project! Your answers have been SO helpful!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StudereAnthropology said:

Thank you so much for your post! I have tears streaming down my eyes because I was beginning to lose hope in my project! Your answers have been SO helpful!

Hi,

I am glad you have been encouraged with these answers. Telepathy itself is a subject of great interest to me. It seems to work best between those who have a close emotional bond of some kind. Sibling twins being just one example of that.

John

• Like 1

Glad to be helpful, Studere. ^__^

The funny thing is, when I really would like to know, say, where she is (because she's late, again), I can't get a clue. -__-
This whole twin telepathy need some major improvement, if only I knew where to complain. XD

Edited by Gingitsune