Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I have had some Psychic Experiences

ESPPsychicIntutition

Hey all,

I have had some psychic experiences recently. It started when I learned the law of attraction. I feel more drawn to learning Psychic Development so I'm going to try.

In the book I bought it talked about having your subconscious mind alert me at a certain time. I tried it and I am very green and it did not work. Will this get easier in time? Why exactly did it not work?

11 minutes ago, ESPPsychicIntutition said:

It started when I learned the law of attraction

A little bit about that L.O.A. you're talking about.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-blame-game/201401/the-law-attraction-revisited

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/26/books/review/Chabris-t.html

http://evolveconsciousness.org/attentional-bias-cognitive-biases-pt-3/

15 minutes ago, ESPPsychicIntutition said:

I bought it talked about having your subconscious mind alert me at a certain time. I tried it and I am very green and it did not work. Will this get easier in time? Why exactly did it not work?

The subconscious is very susceptible to emotions and/or repeated thought. If you spend enough nights thinking about getting up for school or work an hour early, eventually you will. If you think repeatedly about a spider walking up your arm (along with visualizing and imagining how that would look and feel) eventually you will 'feel' the spider. You can do the same thing with imagining yourself yawning, all the sensations, sounds, tensing of muscles, etc. To you hit a point where you yawn. This is really what the whole 62 seconds thing in The Secret is about. Nothing magical about it.

On a similar note this is how L.O.A. works. it's creates a cognitive bias and behavioral changes that will 'give' you what you want. The universe will not grant your wish. The results are largely a results of confirmation bias and self fulfilling actions. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ESPPsychicIntutition said:

Hey all,

I have had some psychic experiences recently. It started when I learned the law of attraction. I feel more drawn to learning Psychic Development so I'm going to try.

In the book I bought it talked about having your subconscious mind alert me at a certain time. I tried it and I am very green and it did not work. Will this get easier in time? Why exactly did it not work?

What have been your psychic experiences? 

10 hours ago, ESPPsychicIntutition said:

Hey all,

Hi and welcome to UM :)

Subconscious alerting you to a certain time usually involves a need and an emotional trigger at first. 

People do it all the time, like when they don't need an alarm clock to awake anymore. 

Subconscious is triggered by habit either  physically or mentally.

Good luck experimenting and you might want to keep a journal of your efforts and use skeptism in analyzing any results from all the angles. 

• Like 1