Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

14-year-old wins right to cryogenic freezing

MissJatti

The background to this story is terribly sad. At the heart of it lies a feud between the mother and father which did not play out too well and questions were raised in respects to the procedures employed by the charitable cryopreservation organisation that was tasked with preparing the body for airlift to the US.

I do hope however that she will get her wish in the end. Godspeed brave girl.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vox said:

The background to this story is terribly sad. At the heart of it lies a feud between the mother and father which did not play out too well and questions were raised in respects to the procedures employed by the charitable cryopreservation organisation that was tasked with preparing the body for airlift to the US.

I do hope however that she will get her wish in the end. Godspeed brave girl.

I'm glad she knew her last wish would be fulfilled, just as others can choose cremation or burial requests. 

• Like 1

I have heard somewhere(?) that cryogenic preservation is optimized if the creature is still alive during the initial freezing process.

Something having to do with special cellular "antifreeze" being able to get into all critical cells (which is supposedly not entirely possible if dead as the dead cells won't properly suck in the special cellular antifreeze)

Anyway, the problem is that, besides the science, legally this amounts to murder prior to preservation since the human must be alive during the initial process, and is likely a horrendously painful procedure.

I was hoping that the court, in her case, allowed for this, but apparently only allowed the additional processes after actual death which totally negates the aspect of optimum cryogenic preservation.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

It gave her hope, that's the main thing.

• Like 2