Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can evil energy be misleading my readings?

Trish5

29 minutes ago, Trish5 said:

Witty reply...;)get educated and you'll do better next time. 

Oh Trish5.........Who is berating people?

:tu:

• Like 2

The only negative 'energy' is a negative attitude.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, by the way.

Edit: I only read the first page of this thread.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sakari said:

I prefer Katy Perry....

Carving Turkey in 5 minutes, or I would entertain your reply. Looks like we will disagree to disagree :)

I'm more Florence and the machine myself. But I'm happy for a little Otis Redding, the occasional Metallica, really don't pigeon hole stuff. Enjoy your Turkey and Happy Thanks giving to you.

8 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I'm more Florence and the machine myself. But I'm happy for a little Otis Redding, the occasional Metallica, really don't pigeon hole stuff. Enjoy your Turkey and Happy Thanks giving to you.

You also....If your eating turkey Down Under.

Katy Perry was for looks.

I am a Disturbed / Volbeat / Five Finger Death punch type of 50 year old :)

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sakari said:

You also....If your eating turkey Down Under.

Katy Perry was for looks.

I am a Disturbed / Volbeat / Five Finger Death punch type of 50 year old :)

I don't even know what that means, not surprisingly.

On 11/24/2016 at 7:43 PM, Kismit said:

General disclaimer: I'm still finding my feet around here, so I apologize for any toes  I have and will tread on. 

Since returning I have discovered a new term being used, conformation bias. I looked it up and checked it out. It means findinding or using information that fits into your belief sytem, or something like that anyway.

Im not sure, because I can see this isn't  your intent, but wouldn't asking questions to prove something is wrong fall into this category?

I'm all for waking up some of the nutters that come in here, believe me you guys don't see the half of it, Moderators clean up an awful lot. But you can't possibly claim all psychics are cons until you have actually studied all psychics.

No to bold. When i mean no,   I do not mean NO and thats it I am going to prove it wrong, I mean no, it has either been proved wrong before or it is a ridiculous idea or claim and I will ask questions to produce the answers from the claimant to prove why it is a no. 

scenarios:

1: I will provide the evidence to disprove the claim, but when the claimant still does not accept this, a few questions may need to be asked for them to "see the light" so to speak......if this does not work and they still do not accept it, then its time to ask no more questions and be thankful I am not the one in line for the straight jacket.

2: ask a few questions to the "believer" and when something is so obviously not true, their answers will confirm this as they will not be able to answer rational questions because they have no rational answers.

:3: i need more info from the claimant to get more info, very often I have asked a few simple questions and the claimant then changes their story, they may add bits on, which really should have been included in the op or they retract bits, which they should never have said in the first place.

9 hours ago, freetoroam said:

No to bold. When i mean no,   I do not mean NO and thats it I am going to prove it wrong, I mean no, it has either been proved wrong before or it is a ridiculous idea or claim and I will ask questions to produce the answers from the claimant to prove why it is a no. 

scenarios:

1: I will provide the evidence to disprove the claim, but when the claimant still does not accept this, a few questions may need to be asked for them to "see the light" so to speak......if this does not work and they still do not accept it, then its time to ask no more questions and be thankful I am not the one in line for the straight jacket.

2: ask a few questions to the "believer" and when something is so obviously not true, their answers will confirm this as they will not be able to answer rational questions because they have no rational answers.

:3: i need more info from the claimant to get more info, very often I have asked a few simple questions and the claimant then changes their story, they may add bits on, which really should have been included in the op or they retract bits, which they should never have said in the first place.

:)thank you for that. I have seen a lot of what I would call, in my opinion, Nut Bars, on this site. From absolute fruitcake to the blatant troll, with there, Help me! posts.

Almost always has those words somewhere . ...

But I have experienced some psychics who appear to do very well under review. The trouble is the the only way to really test them is in person. And then the evidence can only be anecdotal as the experience can only be confirmed by the person getting a reading.

For instance, I took my non-believing husband to A group reading with a lady I had seen before. I like her because she will not read for you if you try to make it fit. She spotted him and said, I have someone who died of bowl cancer, my husband nodded and she said, it's just specifically bowl cancer, and a long time ago.  So long story short Grandad died 3 days after being diagnosed with bowl cancer 20 years ago. She also guessed our 2 boys, my husband as a truck driver, his estranged relationship with his brother who she guessed was over seas, the grandaughter we are expecting,( before we knew), and told us the other was girl in our lives would be ok. 

You could claim that this was guess work, but it was very accurate, you could claim that I had seen her before, but I only ever sat in the crowd and observed, we never spoke. Husband doesn't have Facebook. And he walked out of there a changed man.

It's only anecdotal and you may say it was wishful thinking and we were gullible, but as I said earlier I have spent a lot of time and money looking into people who claim to be psychic. I wrote an amusing blog the other day you might enjoy about one of my experiences.

• Like 1

Allo Trish.. welcome to the madness ..

You don't need to see a psychic to get answers.. you know them yourself..

You enjoy your job.. its going really well.. your happy with your BF.. so why go see one? or is there something underlying that your not sure of? a seed of doubt..

now as for evil energy.. I'm a pagan.. so I do not believe in evil energy..

so if there is something that is not ringing right.. so  that you need to go see a psychic.. why not talk to your boyfriend instead.. always found that has helped me if I was unsure of something.. I have a really excellent relationship with my partner.. because we both speak about what is bothering us.. if she is doing something that bothers me and visa versa.. works well

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:51 AM, Sakari said:

I prefer Katy Perry....

oh so do I..

I feel like a old perv when I watch her clips..

hmm could be because I am a old perv..

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 4:29 PM, Trish5 said:

But I DO believe that evil forces do exist and can be misleading

odds are Catholicism was founded by such manipulative forces ;) 

• Like 3