Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Scudbuster

Farewell to Faith

1,161 posts in this topic

Habitat

Remarkable that psyche 101 has already decided on the guilt of Baba, without the benefit of a trial, yet rants on in support of Gabel Tostee, and the importance of due process. Go figure.

• Like 1

Mr Walker
9 hours ago, back to earth said:

Are you sure that wasnt a delusion you were having when you lived on the deserted island ? 

Related image

Never had a delusion or hallucination in my adult life except after open heart surgery.

I taught at least two Heron boys. One was Michael, the other was jake, but he was probably just a little younger then the one attacked by a shark.  

psyche101
On 12/27/2016 at 9:23 AM, Mr Walker said:

This is hilarious. I tell simple, but true, stories of my youth and you ridicule them because you cant comprehend that they might be true (or is it that you don't want them to be true for some reason of your own)

As many have simply put this to you, the depth of your exaggerations are plainly obvious, they stick out like a sore thumb, then you get this "I must be right!!!!" notion in your head and say the most ridiculous things to support your exaggerations, the entire thing spirals out of control, and your exaggerations become more than obvious. Painfully so. It just never recovers from that point. 

• Like 1

psyche101
On 12/27/2016 at 8:48 AM, Mr Walker said:

I have no idea who the gentleman is, nor any desire to defend him. I was responding to your words, and the language, you chose to use  in responding to  the poster.  Rather than simply outlining an opinion, and providing evidences to support that opinion, when asked, you attacked the poster with deflective tactics of ridicule and sarcasm.  

Why don't you have a read up? I would actually be interested to see how you evaluate available information regarding him. 

• Like 1

Mr Walker

Nah , why would I do that ... there is a heap of collaborative evidence and indicators .  Not 'face value' at all .  Its an ongoing build up of evidence building up like a slow avalanche against a retaining wall .... it will break, eventually and cause even more to turn away from  Christian religion and church going . 

yep , you do not do what you assume I do do   :)  

Thats just because you refused to understand what I said ... I said 'nekkid prancing ' , it was actually worse than that  - you didnt even watch the guys evidence did you ... this was in a Surf Club and the guy was a member of the club and came into the shower room and caught Pell with boys .  But you are assuming it  had to ahve been just some innocent mens showering in a change room.

Maybe it is you who should evaluate their take on these things  ... hmmmmm ? ? ? ? 

I know it is actually you that dont want want people to  say 

Farewell to  Faith       ? 

yep, your understanding  -  uninformed of the details of the situation and making the safe assumption . 

Like thinking I am an atheist , you mean ?      :) 

You just prejudged me !   :D         Walker , I  would never take what you say at 'face value'    Even if you said you had a hamburger for lunch . 

Makes one sus if they run off and hide in Vatican under the Popes dress just as the authorities are amassing info and witness for a court case  .

Sure, it was big in and on the news here a few years back .  I may have mixed up some details ... lets have a look .....   half a mo'  

" ...  

In May 1995, Fairfield detective Said Morgan took the law into his own hands and shot a man charged with having molested three girls, including two young relatives.

When a jury took 33 minutes to decide his actions were justified, public debate erupted over the implications of vigilante-style justice. ...

Concerned the alleged offender had received bail and that he might carry out a threat to kill the children, Mr Morgan illegally traced his target's address on a police computer, then gained entry to his Oakhurst home by flashing his detective's badge at a woman who answered the door.

He walked down a hall, passed a teenage boy watching television and found the alleged molester in bed.

In an action described in court as a "Clint Eastwood notion of justice", Mr Morgan emptied his service revolver, shooting the man six times. "It was bang, bang and then he kept coming forward and bang, bang; before I realised it, the fifth or sixth shot was fired," Mr Morgan told the court.

"I was more conscious of the last two [shots] than the first four. The first four were more instinctive."

When asked if he would do the same thing again, Morgan replied: "Without a doubt."

Mr Morgan was flooded with letters supporting his actions.

One eight-year-old boy wrote: "Dear policeman, I'm glad you shot a child molester. I hate them. I know how bad they are and what they do."

Another read: "Dear Constable, I'm a grandmother of two abused children whose father was found guilty by a judge and jury, only to win his appeal and be let off. We are all angry that these men get off with the dreadful behaviour and manage to destroy innocent children. All of my family supports you and your actions."

Another card, signed simply "Sarah", declared: "You are the champion, the protector of all children everywhere so, on their behalf, I thank you."

On August 1, 1997, a jury rejected the Crown argument it was a revenge shooting, finding Mr Morgan instead acted out of fear for the girls' safety.'

Here is the good news ;   "   A former police officer, acquitted of murder after he shot dead an alleged child molester, has reinvented himself as a Sydney real-estate agent.  ...  

"I am going to relax now," he said then with a grin as his wife, Laurice, clung to his arm and their sons, Robert and Michael played beside them.

Revealing an overwhelming desire to return to police duty, he added: "One third of my life was spent as a policeman. All I ever knew was the cops. Eat, sleep, cops - and I loved it. I love my job."

But while a jury exonerated him, the police recruitment branch rejected his application to rejoin.

Mr Morgan told The Sun-Herald he hadn't spoken publicly about the case "in years". He added: "For the sake of myself and others involved, it's better left that way."

A former work colleague, still in regular contact with Mr Morgan, said: "He's a terrific bloke both personally and professionally. He's very determined and has worked really hard to build his business up from scratch.

"But despite all that, the only thing that really matters is his family. He counts them above everything, as I think he always has."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/10-years-later-vigilante-officer-is-finally-happy/2005/01/15/1105582768095.html

Related image

Thanks for the extra detail The only thing which disturbs me is that the man had not been convicted of anything and in this account had not confessed to the policeman.That makes it trickier, ethically. 

If sufficient evidences are accumulated pell will be charged Clearly testimonies alone do not constitute proof or evidence sufficient to win a criminal case (or convince you that god exists)  Anyone can claim abuse if they were in a situation where it MIGHT have occurred.

Umm. What constitutes "naked prancing" and isn't this a rather subjective description? Is this evidence of any criminal intent or even  a tendency to paedophilia?  I think your view clearly goes to bias and prejudgement.  Personally i will wait to see what happens before making assumptions about who is telling the truth or what really happened

Interesting.  You wouldn't believe me if i claimed i was abused by clergy or that  pell danced naked in front of me, but you do believe  people you have no knowledge of.

Makes one sus if they run off and hide in Vatican under the Popes dress just as the authorities are amassing info and witness for a court case  

This is an emotive and prejudiced assessment of what happened.  From my reading  of the facts, pell, as a senior catholic cardinal, gained a posting in the Vatican of some responsibility and power  That is NOT something done for, or to, a person the Vatican suspects may be guilty of paedophilia, and who could bring more disgrace to the church.  

Mr Walker
1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Yes one can

You claimed to have been our past the Oort cloud and back in one night, That is physically impossible even at the speed of light.

The speed of through was your excuse, but it does not hold water either, it is slower than light, even though you seem to want to pretend it isn't. It is, it has been measured, and though is a process, it has to take time to form let lone transmit. 

Your so called tales of space were "shot down" by physics. You still try to claim they are true by saying though is instantaneous, but that has also been shown to be incorrect according to current understanding.

You have not only been shot down, you have crashed and burned. On your own terms at that. 

This proves my point. You cant shoot down this claim because i actually did it. This means it is not impossible  Somehow a human consciousness can travel huge distances  in very short time spans.

In my case it was assisted by artificial gates or doorways which allowed instantaneous transport of consciousness  across the galaxy   Clearly the method used lies outside present physics  but one day it will be commonplace.  

Further more this is a claim of an abilty of the mind which it is impossible to disprove, precisely because the voyage observations and knowledge gained exists only in my mind.

On the other hand i can and have offered evidences of observations which i made long before human space craft verified their existence  I was talking to peole about the geysers on planetary moons as ealry as the late fifties and ealry sixties  I had flown over and through them as part of extending my consciousness. All you can do is disbelieve me and call me a liar You CANNOT prove any of this to be impossible.

Theoretically, only the amount of energy required prevents us form bending space, and using other forms of technology to travel, without actually crossing a physical distance  the speed of light may NOT be a universal constant, but even if it is, one does not have to travel as light does, or be limited to a linear distance from one spot in the universe to another.  

Your problem is your assumption that present human science, and physics in particular, is not expanding and evolving and that we are limited to what we can do now and what we know now.

History demonstrates the stupidity of this assumption.  Hence you cant see that humanity in 200 years will have skills and technologies and abilities we have not even thought of yet Thus any other species eve a little older in evolutionary terms will have technologies whi nake us look like cave men huddling a round a fire with stone tools. In 2000 years time you will ot even be able to recognise or define humanity as we shape ourselves and a  alter ourselves using all sorts of technology. We are likley to be almost immortal and capable of travelling the galaxy for leisure if we survive for a further 2000 years.  Long before then we will have mastered the transfer of energy and matter to allow for transmission of people the use of energy forms for buildings, furniture, weapons and defence.  and to construct and create all sorts of products from a template and raw material.  In 200 years time we will be transmitting peole to terraformed planets in the solar system. in 2000 we will be travelling to, and colonising, planets on nearby stars. and doing this as easily as we fly form Europe to america today. 

What experiments have been done on the transmission of thought, to show that this can not occur instantaneously? 

Habitat

Nah, the speed of ignorance is faster than the speed of thought transmission.

• Like 1

papageorge1

You are only listening to the devout because they are saying what you want to hear. There is real evidence showing Sai Baba as a total fnd there are only tales from the faithful in his defence, It is more than obvious you are blinded by your own desires. If you had genuine proof that the so called haters are just "out to get: Sai Baba, then you would be able to illustrate that as clearly as the frauds well illustrates how Sai Baba took advantage of others and lied to them. As BTE said, you really ought to be ashamed of yourself. 

In an official letter made public in December 2001, Atal Bihari Vajpayee (then Prime Minister of India and a devotee of Sathya Sai Baba),[88]P.N. Bhagwati (Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India), Ranganath Misra (Chair Person, National Human Rights Commissioner of India and Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India), Najma Heptulla (President of the Inter-Parliamentary Union; UNDP Distinguished Human Development Ambassador) and Shivraj Patil (Member of Parliament, India; Formerly of the Lok Sabha & Union Minister) all signed the following statement:

We are deeply pained and anguished by the wild, reckless and concocted allegations made by certain vested interests and people against Bhagwan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. We would normally expect that responsible media would ascertain the true facts before printing such a calumny – especially when the person is revered globally as an embodiment of love and selfless service to humanity

Notice the positions of the people who made this statements versus your 'some guy said'.

• Like 1

back to earth

Yes one can

You claimed to have been our past the Oort cloud and back in one night, That is physically impossible even at the speed of light.

The speed of through was your excuse, but it does not hold water either, it is slower than light, even though you seem to want to pretend it isn't. It is, it has been measured, and though is a process, it has to take time to form let lone transmit. 

Your so called tales of space were "shot down" by physics. You still try to claim they are true by saying though is instantaneous, but that has also been shown to be incorrect according to current understanding.

You have not only been shot down, you have crashed and burned. On your own terms at that. 

Related image

• Like 1

back to earth
1 hour ago, Habitat said:

Right, well my money is on the Speed of Darkness being faster than the Speed of Light. I mean, everywhere you shine a torch, the bloody darkness had got there first ! I hope this is sufficient proof of Mr Walker's escapade.

No ... not at all ... it did supply us with proof of something else though      :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The Butler
9 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

In an official letter made public in December 2001, Atal Bihari Vajpayee (then Prime Minister of India and a devotee of Sathya Sai Baba),[88]P.N. Bhagwati (Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India), Ranganath Misra (Chair Person, National Human Rights Commissioner of India and Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India), Najma Heptulla (President of the Inter-Parliamentary Union; UNDP Distinguished Human Development Ambassador) and Shivraj Patil (Member of Parliament, India; Formerly of the Lok Sabha & Union Minister) all signed the following statement:

We are deeply pained and anguished by the wild, reckless and concocted allegations made by certain vested interests and people against Bhagwan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. We would normally expect that responsible media would ascertain the true facts before printing such a calumny – especially when the person is revered globally as an embodiment of love and selfless service to humanity

Notice the positions of the people who made this statements versus your 'some guy said'.

I notice that the PM is a devout follower, and all the others named are his underlings. 

• Like 1

back to earth

You only know how to fawn over religious icons, You are an embarrassment to the species. 

You asked for proof, there they are, deal with them. Go right ahead, show how those outright proofs are not telling the full story, go ahead and PROVE like everyone else has with evidence that the allegations are untrue.

You cannot so you stick with "ohh you are all haters, you do not think like me!"

You really should be ashamed of yourself promoting snake oil salesmen like Baba, he is an outright Charlatan, and the rest of the world knows it. People like you, supporting BAD people like Sai Baba are another reason why religion has the bad name it does today. 

Like I said before .... Sai baba's tricks  ( his followers 'miracles' and 'proof' ) are so obvious and bad , he wouldnt make it past first audition for Pen and Teller .

Watch the vids folks ... you are smart enough to be able to see it ... not like  his followers ... and someone else here, who isnt even a follower but has decied to throw in his support with Baba !  For 'some reason '   !      .......   W  T  F  ? !     :huh:

• Like 1

Habitat
5 minutes ago, back to earth said:

No ... not at all ... it did supply us with proof of something else though      :rolleyes:

Oh, come on....

Habitat
1 minute ago, back to earth said:

Like I said before .... Sai baba's tricks  ( his followers 'miracles' and 'proof' ) are so obvious and bad , he wouldnt make it past first audition for Pen and Teller .

Watch the vids folks ... you are smart enough to be able to see it ... not like  his followers ... and someone else here, who isnt even a follower but has decied to throw in his support with Baba !  For 'some reason '   !      .......   W  T  F  ? !     :huh:

Free Baba ! (remember that ?)

back to earth
1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Never had a delusion or hallucination in my adult life except after open heart surgery.

I taught at least two Heron boys. One was Michael, the other was jake, but he was probably just a little younger then the one attacked by a shark.  

Maybe you got this story a bit mixed up  ?  

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/shark-bites-11yearold-boy-off-heron-island-20160105-glzvpb.html

• Like 1

Mr Walker

Whaaaaat   ! ??? 

Oh right !  The Vatican Walker !!!   ... I suppose you think the Vatican makes extradition  pacts with other countries  ?     :D   

... he then immediately escaped to the Vatican !   

Why ?  because he is an icon of respect and authority ?   My goodness, how could such a person be a criminal ?  Are you really that naive  ?   If you really think that then you must think the witnesses , victim and eye witness Surf Club guy are all making this up for some reason.    You are riding on a wonky Chinese motorcycle here  !  

Well, has THAT been proved in  court !   You seem a bit selective about your own rules yourself ?   In any case ; he bought a new word into our language ;  Pelophile - a person who, although it may not be proved was himself a pedophile, turned a blind eye to it while his mates did it . 

See !   Rolf is another iconic Aussie hero of yours , you have trouble beliveeing it even when they are convicted - which you state is your  qualifierer ... you excuse Pell  due to non conviction legally and doubt that Harris is even though he was convicted .

yet you accuse me of having an agenda against  Pell   ? ? ? ?   ! 

So ?  Are you offering that as an excuse ?  is she also a Rolf Harris fan ?  

Soooooo  ... conviction is only relevant if you agree with it  ?  

yet; 

Once a person is accused in court, given a chance to defend themselves, and THEN found guilty, they are guilty; until then they are not guilty, and MUST be treated accordingly, or we have rule by media, accusation and popular opinion. .

Dear of dear .... of dear     ....

What?  you don't get that very clear and simple statement?

The vatican has already   already committed to extradite criminals who are not covered by diplomatic immunity (the same as other nations)  

There are many countries without specific extradition treaties, but this does not mean they refuse to extradite citizens of other countries it just means they CAN legally refuse such a request. .

Anyone can be a criminal  My opinion is that pell is not, based on his responses to the evolving scandal of Catholic paedophilia in Australia but more simply i don't judge or condemn him without cause or knowledge.

I can understand YOU doing so. 

There is a huge difference between pell and harris. The former has not even be formally accused.  The latter is convicted As i pointed out i do not have complete faith in our judicial system but i respect its authority.  I don't simply believe or trust the word of accusers either, given the publicity and power, not to mention recompense available once an accusation is made.  At least a couple in Australia have been proven to have made their stories up as they simply did not match known facts times and dates etc. 

The difference between us is that i accpet the judgement and authority of a court,even if sometimes with doubts But i do NOT prejudge a persons guilt or innocence  until all the evidences and judgements are made public in a trial. 

Once a person is accused in court, given a chance to defend themselves, and THEN found guilty, they are guilty; until then they are not guilty, and MUST be treated accordingly, or we have rule by media, accusation and popular opinion. .

This is what i said and it is very clear  I may be suspicious of a conviction but i have to accept its legal validity  Until a person is convicted they ARE innocent and must be treated as such, otherwise we begin to act on suspicion, opinion, prejudices and biases peer group forces etc and justice becomes impossible. Think salem and witch hunts in general.   

I retain some doubts about rolf's guilt but i accept that legally he is guilty (pell remains innocent legally ) With lindy chamberlain, one could see the flaws in the legal case, and the influence of media and social pressures on the law makers and judiciary,  even as it evolved.  Again i accepted the legal outcome even though i was pretty sure it was wrong  Eventually, but only through luck, the truth came out)

legal guilt is not the same as actual guilt but we have to accept legal guilt as an outcome. What we cannot do is treat anyone as guilty until they are legally found to be so. 

The Butler
47 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

This is an emotive and prejudiced assessment of what happened.  From my reading  of the facts, pell, as a senior catholic cardinal, gained a posting in the Vatican of some responsibility and power  That is NOT something done for, or to, a person the Vatican suspects may be guilty of paedophilia, and who could bring more disgrace to the church.  

When Pope John Paul II was still living in Poland as Cardinal Karol Wojtyla, he claimed that the security police would accuse priests of sexual abuse just to hassle and discredit them. (New York Times, 3/28/10). For Wojtyla, the Polish pedophilia problem was nothing more than a Communist plot to smear the church. 

By the early 1980s, Wojtyla, now ensconced in Rome as Pope John Paul II, treated all stories about pedophile clergy with dismissive aplomb, as little more than slander directed against the church. That remained his stance for the next twenty years.

http://www.michaelparenti.org/VaticanShuffle.html

Law was forced to resign as bishop of the Archdiocese of Boston after a series of stories by a team of investigative reporters at The Boston Globe found victims and uncovered documents showing that church authorities had protected pedophile priests from prosecution — a story that will be revisited by the release next month of a new movie called "Spotlight."

But despite the disgrace that befell Cardinal Law in Boston, he found a comfortable and influential second career at the Vatican.

http://www.wbur.org/news/2015/09/22/cardinal-bernard-law

That's the result of 2 minutes on Google.  You already know that our government have asked Pell to come home and answer questions.  Why do you think the Vatican protects him? 

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/cardinal-pell-finds-billion-lost-euros-at-vatican/news-story/624c31511fb22212a1d861ea916a9bab

back to earth

As many have simply put this to you, the depth of your exaggerations are plainly obvious, they stick out like a sore thumb, then you get this "I must be right!!!!" notion in your head and say the most ridiculous things to support your exaggerations, the entire thing spirals out of control, and your exaggerations become more than obvious. Painfully so. It just never recovers from that point. 

It was worth it !     ... that joke  pic of the guy riding the shark to 'enforced holiday island '   *    .....  was beautifully 'taken'   :)  

Image result for prawn bait on hook

Image result for fish on !  gif

• Like 1

Mr Walker

There are not millions, there are a handful, of deluded people like yourself. Live with it. 

Actually there are over 20 million direct followers. ( i found out when i did a quick google on the bloke, yesterday)  I don't know how many other humans have an indirect belief or connection, but millions is a correct number. 

Mr Walker

Quoted facts with backing links?

It is how you are supposed to present your evidence too Walker, Pretending you have an imaginary friend that is better than anyone else's just does not cut the mustard, it only makes you look all the whackier. 

So what evidences do you have, (sources please) that MY friend is imaginary?  In factual matters where things can be proven or a t least objectively measured and assessed i can always provide sources, but in opinions and personal knowledge and understandings i do not have to because it is always impossible to offer convincing transferable proofs to a person who wlll not accept their validity, or does not trust the provider. . That is how the world works. It is how YOU work. 

Habitat
32 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Related image

Wot ? Mr Walker "out of the game" again ? How many times is that now ?

• Like 1

Mr Walker

Which is the point at which your tall tales fall apart.

Who has verified your imaginary space God Buddy? 

Many other individuals with their own unique personal experiences of it,  quite a few of whom have written various accounts over the last hundred years or so. Lots of peer review and independent validation on this one,  buddy.

The  amusing, even ironical , thing is that,  I never even realised this was such a common human experience until my own experiences started me reading up on, and researching, the phenomena. 

However this was a specific reference to an interchange of posts where BTE accused me of saying something i did not actually say, (hopefully  because he read and interpreted my words in a way i never meant them, and not as a deliberate attempt to make me seem to be saying something i did not)  .  Hence, any reader can go back and see how that interchange went on, and who is telling the truth about it. 

Edited by Mr Walker

The Butler
25 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

The vatican has already   already committed to extradite criminals who are not covered by diplomatic immunity (the same as other nations)  

There are many countries without specific extradition treaties, but this does not mean they refuse to extradite citizens of other countries it just means they CAN legally refuse such a request. .

Anyone can be a criminal  My opinion is that pell is not, based on his responses to the evolving scandal of Catholic paedophilia in Australia but more simply i don't judge or condemn him without cause or knowledge.

Cardinal Pell in his own words at the Royal Commission

When starting his testimony

"I'm not here to defend the indefensible."

On paedophile Monsignor John Day

"I must say in those days, if a priest denied such activity, I was very strongly inclined to accept the denial."

On Brother Gerald Leo Fitzgerald kissing primary school boys

"The general conviction was it was harmless enough." 

When asked if he was told of abuse at schools

"I can't remember any such examples but my memory might be playing me false. Because I don't have perfect recall."

When asked if it was "common knowledge" that Ridsdale abused children 

"It's a sad story and it wasn't of much interest to me".

When asked if he had any regrets

"I think the matters you raised about ascribing resignations to ill health, that is one area of regret. Other than that, I don't believe there is."

On the Melbourne archdiocese under Archbishop Frank Little

"Counsel, this was an extraordinary world, a world of crimes and cover-ups and people did not want the status quo to be disturbed."

http://www.smh.com.au/national/cardinal-pell-in-his-own-words-at-the-royal-commission-20160229-gn6j3m.html

Edited by The Butler
  • Like 1

Mr Walker
1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

Glitched

back to earth

Thanks for the extra detail The only thing which disturbs me is that the man had not been convicted of anything and in this account had not confessed to the policeman.That makes it trickier, ethically. 

Yeah right .... imagine if it were you own grand kids or grand nieces  .... he was charged and was let out while awaiting court and then threatened to kill the witnesses  ( your grad kids  )   Ooooooo .... tricky as he wasnt charged yet !  What an ethical conundrum for you !

If sufficient evidences are accumulated pell will be charged Clearly testimonies alone do not constitute proof or evidence sufficient to win a criminal case (or convince you that god exists)  Anyone can claim abuse if they were in a situation where it MIGHT have occurred.

Umm. What constitutes "naked prancing" and isn't this a rather subjective description?

Listen up Dunderhead !  I already addressed this . I said read the link and I said 'prancing' was my  term  ..... I am not going to repeat the guys testimony word for word in a post !  Its in the link !    Got it ?  

Is this evidence of any criminal intent or even  a tendency to paedophilia?  I think your view clearly goes to bias and prejudgement.  Personally i will wait to see what happens before making assumptions about who is telling the truth or what really happened

Like with Rolf Harris ?  

Interesting.  You wouldn't believe me if i claimed i was abused by clergy or that  pell danced naked in front of me, but you do believe  people you have no knowledge of.

Makes one sus if they run off and hide in Vatican under the Popes dress just as the authorities are amassing info and witness for a court case  

Oh no, certainly not with the vatican .... they are so well respected !   Just like Rolf was !