Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Scudbuster

Farewell to Faith

1,161 posts in this topic

back to earth
1 hour ago, Habitat said:

Nah, the speed of ignorance is faster than the speed of thought transmission.

Indeed , and well done putting this comment right after that 'ignorance'  that  walker wrote :) 

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 2

Mr Walker
1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

As many have simply put this to you, the depth of your exaggerations are plainly obvious, they stick out like a sore thumb, then you get this "I must be right!!!!" notion in your head and say the most ridiculous things to support your exaggerations, the entire thing spirals out of control, and your exaggerations become more than obvious. Painfully so. It just never recovers from that point. 

But you see i don NOT lie or exaggerate This is my life as it actually is  The problem is that you have no similar point of reference which allows you to accept or even comprehend that humans exist in such diverse ways  In other words my accounts may SEEM unlikely or exaggerated to you But everyone is as real or as true as i can recount it to be.

Don't worry most modern young people simply cant accept that  young peole in the fifties lived with the freedoms responsibilities and experiences we had . I was doing an adult job and getting an adult wage as well as going to school form the time i was 13 but as well  we had a fantastic freedom as kids As one simple example every year we had a massive guy fawkes night as part of which we bought or made all sorts of explosicve and pyrotechnic devices and had big gatherings of the neighbourhood with bonfires guys and shows run by adults while all us kids threw crackers at each other, shot sky rockets at each other and simply had fun.

Unlike today children were actively encouraged to risk take as part of developing skills independence discipline and learning what was safe and what was not  etc. Not only did i make my own explosive and pyrotechnic devices from the age of 13 to 18  but  we used them in large scale "gang " or team based  warfare (like modern laser skirmishing but with real weapons using tactics and strategies learned from history books. We would send  crackers capable of blowing your hand off, (and half house bricks also) by catapult into an enemy fort some 50 metres away we fought with bows and arrows, cross bows, slug guns, ninja stars  shanghais gunpowder based weapons  and even bicycle propelled jousts with lances and sheilds. 

We had tree forts in adjoining back yards connected by aerial walk ways and old land line telephones We wrote coded messages in invisible ink discussing battle plans.  we made and rode  and raced billy carts, Kalamazoos,  push/ pull cars and carts,  motorised go carts, motor bikes   made our own skate boards when theyy were not available in australia, and so on.  We fished, hunted, trapped, and dove for food from before we were high school age (about 10 or so) 

Try realising that not everyone lives the limited life of others. Some of us have been lucky enough to live in a time and place where we could live very differently. 

back to earth
1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

In an official letter made public in December 2001, Atal Bihari Vajpayee (then Prime Minister of India and a devotee of Sathya Sai Baba),[88]P.N. Bhagwati (Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India), Ranganath Misra (Chair Person, National Human Rights Commissioner of India and Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India), Najma Heptulla (President of the Inter-Parliamentary Union; UNDP Distinguished Human Development Ambassador) and Shivraj Patil (Member of Parliament, India; Formerly of the Lok Sabha & Union Minister) all signed the following statement:

We are deeply pained and anguished by the wild, reckless and concocted allegations made by certain vested interests and people against Bhagwan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. We would normally expect that responsible media would ascertain the true facts before printing such a calumny – especially when the person is revered globally as an embodiment of love and selfless service to humanity

Notice the positions of the people who made this statements versus your 'some guy said'.

Now you are making the same exact silly point to P101, (for some reason ) that you made to me, and I already addressed it .  And   your  ;  'some guy said'. "  was not even said by him,  but me . 

is this you defending your case ?  Whatever that is ! ? 

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

back to earth
1 hour ago, The Butler said:

I notice that the PM is a devout follower, and all the others named are his underlings. 

You should see what 'respectable and important in the government people ' have done to Anthropology re  Out of India Theory !    

One needs also to realise the remarkable validity all sorts of Hindus give to  Vedic Scripture  .  It often over rides everything else .  

• Like 2

Mr Walker
50 minutes ago, back to earth said:

I've told you my account.  If you want to play silly games, go right ahead   With a bit of checking of the cases i gave, you can find out a lot about me but maybe its time posters realised that all my personal narratives come from a  true and specific time and place For example you could easily find out which school the lad attended and thus where i taught. From there it would be easy to identify me  You could find out my role in the bush-fire royal commission and probably identify where our house stood before the fire consumed it.  Not sure what purpose this would serve, but from there you could also verify some of the other personal denials i have often written about, such as my teaching career, awards and counselling roles, etc.  the bush fire  the ufos seen in this area etc. 

Mr Walker
1 hour ago, back to earth said:

I did teach a jake heron. A jake heron was attacked while surfing near my home town.

The difficulty is that he was born in 1965 and i started teaching at that school in 1982   this only allows for one year , at the most,  when i might have taught him, so i i dont think this was the OTHER student of mine who was attacked while surfing ( Although the timing of the attacks is very close) 

lol a little bit of face book forensics showed there are two local jake herons; the one i taught being much younger than the one attacked by a shark. 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

back to earth
1 hour ago, The Butler said:

That's the result of 2 minutes on Google.  You already know that our government have asked Pell to come home and answer questions.  Why do you think the Vatican protects him? 

He got  'sick'      < cough  cough > , too sick to fly home .   It happened just after he flew to Italy from Australia ....  but that was the last one !  He dont have another one in him !    

It could be bad for his health, for goodness sakes !   

Child sex abuse affects everyone involved, including siblings of victims and pedophiles

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/child-abuse-affects-article-1.995807

HARMING THE LITTLE ONES:
THE EFFECTS OF PEDOPHILIA ON CHILDREN

http://www.hiddenmysteries.org/health/effects/pedophilia.html

Paedophilia in the Community

http://www.alastairmcintosh.com/articles/2003-hebridean5-paedophilia.htm

But we cant have the cardinal feeling unwell from a plane flight .    

• Like 1

back to earth
1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

So what evidences do you have, (sources please) that MY friend is imaginary?  In factual matters where things can be proven or a t least objectively measured and assessed i can always provide sources, but in opinions and personal knowledge and understandings i do not have to because it is always impossible to offer convincing transferable proofs to a person who wlll not accept their validity, or does not trust the provider. . That is how the world works. It is how YOU work. 

You know as well as us that the only 'proof' on an internet forum is judged by the content  and trend of posts .

On this  only possible one factor - you fail !     There is no other evidence walker ... and you know that ..... aside from all your thread fillers . 

• Like 1

back to earth
1 hour ago, Habitat said:

Wot ? Mr Walker "out of the game" again ? How many times is that now ?

He got back on the     horse     plane  .......  look !   His parachute is on fire now ..... must have used the wrong fabric in it to save him 

< magnifies >  yup ... its made of pages of print outs from Conservapedia ,  old science fiction stories he wrote, and pages from a Space Bible  . 

• Like 1

back to earth
58 minutes ago, The Butler said:

yes but according to Walker there was never any OTHER indications that gave him reason to think   Pell  was  .......

Oh !  But there are these as well .........

'Yes, but aside from those three collections ... there  are not any OTHER .....

Image result for what have the romans ever done for us quote

• Like 2

back to earth
1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Glitched

yep ... you sure are !  

• Like 1

back to earth
42 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

But you see i don NOT lie or exaggerate This is my life as it actually is  The problem is that you have no similar point of reference which allows you to accept or even comprehend that humans exist in such diverse ways  In other words my accounts may SEEM unlikely or exaggerated to you But everyone is as real or as true as i can recount it to be.

Don't worry most modern young people simply cant accept that  young peole in the fifties lived with the freedoms responsibilities and experiences we had . I was doing an adult job and getting an adult wage as well as going to school form the time i was 13 but as well  we had a fantastic freedom as kids As one simple example every year we had a massive guy fawkes night as part of which we bought or made all sorts of explosicve and pyrotechnic devices and had big gatherings of the neighbourhood with bonfires guys and shows run by adults while all us kids threw crackers at each other, shot sky rockets at each other and simply had fun.

Unlike today children were actively encouraged to risk take as part of developing skills independence discipline and learning what was safe and what was not  etc. Not only did i make my own explosive and pyrotechnic devices from the age of 13 to 18  but  we used them in large scale "gang " or team based  warfare (like modern laser skirmishing but with real weapons using tactics and strategies learned from history books. We would send  crackers capable of blowing your hand off, (and half house bricks also) by catapult into an enemy fort some 50 metres away we fought with bows and arrows, cross bows, slug guns, ninja stars  shanghais gunpowder based weapons  and even bicycle propelled jousts with lances and sheilds. 

We had tree forts in adjoining back yards connected by aerial walk ways and old land line telephones We wrote coded messages in invisible ink discussing battle plans.  we made and rode  and raced billy carts, Kalamazoos,  push/ pull cars and carts,  motorised go carts, motor bikes   made our own skate boards when theyy were not available in australia, and so on.  We fished, hunted, trapped, and dove for food from before we were high school age (about 10 or so) 

Try realising that not everyone lives the limited life of others. Some of us have been lucky enough to live in a time and place where we could live very differently. 

Tries to  counter point about stories are stories .... with more  stories    .        

• Like 2

back to earth
35 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I've told you my account.  If you want to play silly games, go right ahead   With a bit of checking of the cases i gave, you can find out a lot about me but maybe its time posters realised that all my personal narratives come from a  true and specific time and place

Like the Oort cloud     ?   :D      ... in the future .... when we will have invented those gateways that enable faster than light travel ... that you already claimed to use  in the past , before they were invented  (or, if they ever are invented , more accurately)  and your proof is that you used them in the past but they will exist in the future .... after we are all gone  . 

Only you could come up with this one !   :)  

Oh yeah ... and I am the one responsible for playing silly games am I ?

Just because you are the 'straight man' dont get carried away with your role ! 

Related image        

35 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

For example you could easily find out which school the lad attended and thus where i taught. From there it would be easy to identify me  You could find out my role in the bush-fire royal commission and probably identify where our house stood before the fire consumed it.  Not sure what purpose this would serve, but from there you could also verify some of the other personal denials i have often written about, such as my teaching career, awards and counselling roles, etc.  the bush fire  the ufos seen in this area etc. 

I'm on it !     

"    ' Kit ' ,   did you just  hear that strange  noise out in the back  garden ?  " 

Image result for Old couple in bed

• Like 2

back to earth

and finally 

• Like 1

Mr Walker
On 28/12/2016 at 6:38 PM, back to earth said:

Tries to  counter point about stories are stories .... with more  stories    .        

If you don't get the point of this story, then that is a failing on your part. It simply points out that what may seem ridiculous exggeration to one person, is a normal and true life experience for another.  (9 out of 10 modern children do not believe the true stories of what we did as kids their age)   If i went back to my father's day, where they made boats( canoes basically with a seat for a strut across the centre) from a piece of corrugated iron folded and hand rivetted,  and  paddled them more than 10 miles to an offshore island, or used sticks of gelegnite to blow things up as teenagers,  they would be even less believing

Mr Walker
On 28/12/2016 at 6:48 PM, back to earth said:

Like the Oort cloud     ?   :D      ... in the future .... when we will have invented those gateways that enable faster than light travel ... that you already claimed to use  in the past , before they were invented  (or, if they ever are invented , more accurately)  and your proof is that you used them in the past but they will exist in the future .... after we are all gone  . 

Only you could come up with this one !   :)  

Oh yeah ... and I am the one responsible for playing silly games am I ?

Just because you are the 'straight man' dont get carried away with your role ! 

Related image        

I'm on it !     

"    ' Kit ' ,   did you just  hear that strange  noise out in the back  garden ?  " 

Image result for Old couple in bed

We wont have to build them They already exist, built by an older race with the technological skills to do so. Once we can get out of our own solar system we will be able to piggy back on this system to cross the galaxy  Their purpose is both communication and transportation .

BUT  if you don't want to believe that, just ignore it.However, then you do need to believe that yes, unless we kill ourselves off, it is inevitable that  we will build such devices, probably within 100 years and certainly within 200. The base technology and prototypes for the basic needs are already being developed and used.

In documentaries the scientists involved say they expect their own children to be alive when these things become common place.

If you find this hard to accept, look back at the science and technology available in the Napoleonic wars 200 years ago.   Then recognise that the current  rate of progress in science and technology is explosive (faster even than exponential)  For us to look forward 200 years is more difficult than for someone from 1817 looking to 2017, because the rate of progression and change will be even more marked, and who in 1817 could ever have imagined the nature of science and technology we employ in our homes every day. 

I guess your attitude here is based on the mistaken belief that humans are alone in the galaxy and that there have not been alien beings in this neck of the woods for a considerable time

Any alien race which evolved even a few millennia before we did, will have the technological;  skills to transit the galaxy and to communicate mentally over long distances  instantaneously. It is an inherent effect of being able to travel over interstellar/galactic distances   Like transmitting audio is inherently tied to transmitting visual images . If you can travel intra galactic (and possibly intergalactic) distances in a practical time frame,  you can certainly communicate over them, effectively and practically. The universe teems with life, and a lot of it is sentient, and much of that is far more advanced than us.  However the universe is also large, with huge oceans of space to traverse between habitable planets  which isolates those without the required technological skills  We will be welcomed into the galactic community if, and when, we show the maturity and wisdom necessary to coexist peacefully.

If we manage this, then in 1000 years time humans, both natural and  genetically modified, will be living on hundreds of planets, in what will really be our local neighbourhood of the galaxy. However  we will also have access to the ancients/elder races technology, and thus the abilty to travel to the centre of the galaxy for recreation or for work   (if such a thing  as working for renumeration even exists by then)  On the other hand, if we do not change our rather primitive, primate- based nature, we will be prevented from leaving our "local neighbourhood". (Stars within a 100 light years or so of earth,) even if we are allowed to establish colonies on the planets of  those neighbouring stars There is no conflict in space, despite, or perhaps because of, the huge range of beings which occupy it, and the power of those who govern it.  

Humans are relative late comers to space, and while, eventually, we will have our own role to play in it, dreams of earth empires or domination of space are like pacific islanders dreaming of conquering Europe using   war canoes and wooden clubs (and i don' t mean in the past, but  it would be like them trying to conquer the Europe of today, we are so far behind technologically.)  

Edited by Mr Walker

Mr Walker
On 28/12/2016 at 6:57 AM, back to earth said:

The first move (for the church) is to claim things that will nullify a case before it is even up  , like claiming trial by Media (like Walker seems to be protesting about )   and some sort of conspiracy against them  ..... if the link is read that I posted, you will see that the media, the national broadcaster (ABC - who walker does not like ) , the witnesses and the police all offer evidence against this . 

Only the police evidence counts in any of this and if they feel they have sufficient evidences to  have him stand trial, they will charge him. It is too easy for a few people to make allegations about ANYONE and for the media to take up this chant.  We have the law to protect the innocent as much as to punish the guilty and it is the LAW which makes the determination. Not you, or me, or the ABC, or any group of individuals outside a jury.  You sound like, for you, pell has already been found guilty  That is a very dangerous way of thinking.  Imagine if it was applied to you .

Its not that i do not like the abc. It is known to be politically biased and filled with reporters and commentators with a left wing /liberal world view. Thus i no longer trust it a s i once did as an impartial news source. It needs to be balanced and impartial, both in content and commentary and to do that it must have a wider range of political views and social values in its staff. 

Gerard Henderson: “The essential criticism of the ABC is that it does not engage even one political conservative as a presenter or producer or editor on any of its prominent television or radio or online outlets. This despite Scott’s pledge, made over six years ago, that, under his management, a ”further diversity of voices” would be carried on the public broadcaster. It has not happened.

The ABC is replete with leftists or left-of-centre presenters/producers/editors. But it remains virtually a conservative-free zone. If ABC management is aware of conservatives to match the likes of Phillip Adams, Jonathan Holmes, Fran Kelly and others – then it should name names. Otherwise, it should cut the pretence.

There is no conspiracy at play here. It is a natural phenomenon that like-minded people tend to mix with, and engage, their own.”

“ONE in six Australians believe the ABC provides favourable coverage to the Labor Party while one in 20 believe the ABC is favourable towards the Coalition…”

http://joannenova.com.au/2013/02/three-times-as-many-australians-think-the-abc-has-a-pro-labor-bias/

Now, when was the last time any of us heard an ABC announcer to refer to the 'radical' Greenpeace, the 'left-wing' Australia Institute or the 'ultra-left' or 'ultra-radical' anything? Only those deemed to be on the right of centre are automatically given ideological labels by ABC presenters. I doubt that anyone in the ABC will see any problem in this.

What do I mean by 'the ABC'? It is true that rural services of the ABC are somewhat distinguishable in outlook from the rest of the ABC, and that there are some ABC journalists and presenters who do not replicate the general pattern.

Nevertheless, one of the ABC's distinguishing features is how the biases one notices in political commentary is replicated in foreign coverage, environmental issues, religious broadcasts, coverage of art and cultural events, even in drama series. There is clearly a common outlook amongst ABC journalists, presenters, producers, researchers, writers: a common ABC culture

That the product of the ABC does tend to be biased there is little doubt. The Institute of Public Affairs has assembled evidence with its studies of coverage of the 1998 Federal Election and the 1998 waterfront dispute.

Perhaps the most powerful evidence is from Queensland University Professor John Henningham's survey of journalists, where journalists rated 7.30 Report, ABC News, Four Corners and SBS News (in that order) as the most pro-ALP media outlets.

http://www.ipa.org.au/sectors/media-telecommunications-and-it-unit/news/630/media-bias-it's-as-easy-as-abc/pg/13

In regards to abc reporting of the youth detention issue in the NT 

The ABC failed to tell viewers the young man being strapped down, Dylan Voller, was not being tortured but restrained after threatening to hurt himself.

The ABC failed to tell viewers the hood was a mesh to stop him spitting on guards, as he’d done hundreds of times. And it failed to give a true picture of Voller’s background.

It glossed over the threat he posed, claiming: “Voller has been in and out of juvenile detention since he was 11 years old for car theft, robberies and, more recently, assault.”

False. The ABC failed to tell viewers that Voller’s first convictions for assault actually dated back seven years and that of his more than 50 convictions, 23 were for assault or other attempts to hurt people, often police and warders.

There was much more the ABC also did not tell. It had shown another confronting scene of Voller being wrestled to a mattress by guards, but did not tell viewers that one guard had been charged with using undue force and been twice cleared, once the courts was told the context.

Nor did the ABC tell viewers that this incident — presented as an attack, of a kind still continuing — actually occurred six years ago, under a Labor government.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/andrew-bolt/letter-proves-abc-misled-viewers-in-four-corners-northern-territory-juvenile-detention-report/news-story/fdca84f1c62fa50516bf833e271c81ee

https://quadrant.org.au/opinion/doomed-planet/2013/07/the-climate-of-bias-at-their-abc/

Edited by Mr Walker

back to earth
7 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

If you don't get the point of this story, then that is a failing on your part. It simply points out that what may seem ridiculous exggeration to one person, is a normal and true life experience for another.  (9 out of 10 modern children do not believe the true stories of what we did as kids their age)   If i went back to my father's day, where they made boats( canoes basically with a seat for a strut across the centre) from a piece of corrugated iron folded and hand rivetted,  and  paddled them more than 10 miles to an offshore island, or used sticks of gelegnite to blow things up as teenagers,  they would be even less believing

Tries to  counter point about  stories are stories .... with more  stories   ......... by now telling another story     :)   

Got a story to counter this with ?   :D   

back to earth
8 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

We wont have to build them They already exist, built by an older race with the technological skills to do so. Once we can get out of our own solar system we will be able to piggy back on this system to cross the galaxy  Their purpose is both communication and transportation .

..... and to offer up an excuse to counter the point you made  about the speed of thought being faster than the speed of light , which got debunked. So you had to invent  ... no,  actually , you had to borrow the idea from some old SF story .  

BUT  if you don't want to believe that, just ignore it.However, then you do need to believe that yes, unless we kill ourselves off, it is inevitable that  we will build such devices, probably within 100 years and certainly within 200.

Nope, I dont need to believe  either of those things .    You seem to come from a background of being used to telling people what they 'need to do and believe ' . 

The base technology and prototypes for the basic needs are already being developed and used.

Nope .  More walker waffle, You tried this before and went on with pages of BS . take it to the science forum buddy !   I know you won't, you won;t go near there with your 'science ideas' as you get eaten for breakfast ... they deal with facts and real research .... remember what happened that time you made these silly 'scientific claims' and the mod moved your post to science forum ...    trashed , trounced and then you legged it . 

In documentaries the scientists involved say they expect their own children to be alive when these things become common place.

If you find this hard to accept, look back at the science and technology available in the Napoleonic wars 200 years ago.   Then recognise that the current  rate of progress in science and technology is explosive (faster even than exponential)  For us to look forward 200 years is more difficult than for someone from 1817 looking to 2017, because the rate of progression and change will be even more marked, and who in 1817 could ever have imagined the nature of science and technology we employ in our homes every day. 

I guess your attitude here is based on the mistaken belief that humans are alone in the galaxy and that there have not been alien beings in this neck of the woods for a considerable time

Nope. Totally wrong guess.  My attitude is generated  from the ridiculousness of many of your posts .  Thats why I give you   ' attitude ' .

Any alien race which ......, dreams of earth empires or domination of space are like pacific islanders dreaming of conquering Europe using   war canoes and wooden clubs (and i don' t mean in the past, but  it would be like them trying to conquer the Europe of today, we are so far behind technologically.)  

^    More imaginative fantasy  .  ... it will be like this ... it will be like that  ....   space prison ....       etc etc   :rolleyes:

Image result for cavemen from space

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

back to earth

Edited by back to earth

psyche101
On 12/28/2016 at 4:12 PM, Mr Walker said:

This proves my point.

LOL, nothing proves your tall tales!

You cant shoot down this claim because i actually did it.

No you did not, the question is do you really believe this, or is the the I Must Be right despite known facts Mr Walker we have come to know so well? I can't tell if you have managed to convince yourself of this, or are just trying to be your usual exaggerated self. 

This means it is not impossible

No, it means you have convinced yourself of something that does not exist, and really, we do see an awful lot of that from you. 

Somehow a human consciousness can travel huge distances  in very short time spans.

Nope, thought is electrical in nature, electricity has a speed limit. 

In my case it was assisted by artificial gates or doorways which allowed instantaneous transport of consciousness  across the galaxy  

You may well have dreamed that, or constructed that idea, either way it is Science Fiction, not Science. 

Clearly the method used lies outside present physics  but one day it will be commonplace.  

Nope, things have to be possible first. I can't grow a pair of wings and fly to the sun and bask on its surface anymore that you can travel to the Oort cloud and back in one night. Imagination is NOT the real world, that seems to be where you go astray. 

Further more this is a claim of an abilty of the mind which it is impossible to disprove, precisely because the voyage observations and knowledge gained exists only in my mind.

The reality of the situation s not impossible to disprove, that seems to be clear to all but you. 

On the other hand i can and have offered evidences of observations which i made long before human space craft verified their existence  I was talking to peole about the geysers on planetary moons as ealry as the late fifties and ealry sixties  I had flown over and through them as part of extending my consciousness. All you can do is disbelieve me and call me a liar You CANNOT prove any of this to be impossible.

And you cannot prove your tall tale to be correct anymore than I can prove I grew wings last night and basked in the surface of the sun for a nice NYE tan. Point is moot, just because you do not subscribe to "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidences" does not mean that it does not apply here, you are just being stubborn because you know it is as simple as an extraordinary proof to bring your tall tales undone. As such it is, and remains a tall tale, nothing more. If you had evidence, we would be able to view it, your comments on a forum that predate such discoveries would be a great start. 

Theoretically, only the amount of energy required prevents us form bending space, and using other forms of technology to travel, without actually crossing a physical distance  the speed of light may NOT be a universal constant, but even if it is, one does not have to travel as light does, or be limited to a linear distance from one spot in the universe to another. 

Theoretically you need someting called "exotic matter" to do so, which does not seem to actually exist, which is rather a large fly in your ointment, and even then, it might simply not work. As you pointed out, that is theory, there is every chance you would also just end up as particle soup, again, you are overreaching to support your imagination with Science Fiction, not science. A theoretical long shot is not proof of your tall tales. 

Your problem is your assumption that present human science, and physics in particular, is not expanding and evolving and that we are limited to what we can do now and what we know now.

No, the problem is you seem to struggle to identify the differences between science fiction and actual science. 

History demonstrates the stupidity of this assumption.  Hence you cant see that humanity in 200 years will have skills and technologies and abilities we have not even thought of yet Thus any other species eve a little older in evolutionary terms will have technologies whi nake us look like cave men huddling a round a fire with stone tools. In 2000 years time you will ot even be able to recognise or define humanity as we shape ourselves and a  alter ourselves using all sorts of technology. We are likley to be almost immortal and capable of travelling the galaxy for leisure if we survive for a further 2000 years.  Long before then we will have mastered the transfer of energy and matter to allow for transmission of people the use of energy forms for buildings, furniture, weapons and defence.  and to construct and create all sorts of products from a template and raw material.  In 200 years time we will be transmitting peole to terraformed planets in the solar system. in 2000 we will be travelling to, and colonising, planets on nearby stars. and doing this as easily as we fly form Europe to america today. 

And maths refutes your zealous exaggerations. Everything hits a wall. Even massless particles have a speed limit. You do not recognise these limits and that is where you over reach your conclusions. 200 Years, yeah LOL, why dont you do a TIME article like the one saying we would all be driving flying saucers by now? We can see how predictions from accomplished people have not played out, and yet you think your fantasies are realistic? Come on. Nobody can say what the world will be like in 50 years, with Irrationality on the March through superstition and religion, we might well be back wallowing in 11th century thinking in 50 years of we do not act. 

What experiments have been done on the transmission of thought, to show that this can not occur instantaneously? 

LINK - I Emailed a Message Between Two Brains

The whole process isn’t fast, either. The researchers estimated that from brain to brain the transmission speed was about two bits (a zero and a one) per minute. So to get even a simple message from one brain to another would take a while. But when it happened, and it worked, Ruffini says it was exciting.

• Like 1

psyche101
On 12/28/2016 at 4:19 PM, papageorge1 said:

In an official letter made public in December 2001, Atal Bihari Vajpayee (then Prime Minister of India and a devotee of Sathya Sai Baba),[88]P.N. Bhagwati (Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India), Ranganath Misra (Chair Person, National Human Rights Commissioner of India and Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India), Najma Heptulla (President of the Inter-Parliamentary Union; UNDP Distinguished Human Development Ambassador) and Shivraj Patil (Member of Parliament, India; Formerly of the Lok Sabha & Union Minister) all signed the following statement:

We are deeply pained and anguished by the wild, reckless and concocted allegations made by certain vested interests and people against Bhagwan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. We would normally expect that responsible media would ascertain the true facts before printing such a calumny – especially when the person is revered globally as an embodiment of love and selfless service to humanity

Notice the positions of the people who made this statements versus your 'some guy said'.

It is not "some guy said" There are not only many allegations, but you do not have the gumption to address the videos posted where his magic tricks are exposed. If he really can produce objects out of thin air, why does he cheat some of the time, and then lie about cheating? We have direct evidence of such being filmed, that is not in doubt. There are many investigators and witnesses against him, not "one guy", in addition to Basava Premanand we have P.C. Sorcar Jr., Tal Brooke and Tanya Datta with several documentaries repeating Baba's tricks on demand as illustrated in the films where he has been caught out. He predicted he would die in 2019, and got that wrong too. Many have come out labelling him as a sexual predator too, not just "one guy". It seems to me it is far more likely that your fantasy here has been shattered, The devious man you put faith in as a God was just a fraud, liar, killer and sexual predator, if he is a God, then I want no part of God. 

And how do your politicians refute that? By saying:

"My heart and my conscience tell me that it is not possible."

Regarding that, all I can say is "surely you jest".

• Like 1

psyche101
On 12/28/2016 at 4:21 PM, back to earth said:

Related image

giphy.gif

psyche101
On 12/28/2016 at 3:51 PM, Mr Walker said:

Thanks for the extra detail The only thing which disturbs me is that the man had not been convicted of anything and in this account had not confessed to the policeman.That makes it trickier, ethically. 

That case studies seem more than sufficient. Like with any other investigation. 

If sufficient evidences are accumulated pell will be charged Clearly testimonies alone do not constitute proof or evidence sufficient to win a criminal case (or convince you that god exists)  Anyone can claim abuse if they were in a situation where it MIGHT have occurred.

Pell is not being charged because he is hiding in the Vatican, we all know this. 

What he was accused of was KNowledge that he turned a blind eye to, and he even admitted that much.

A: "It's a sad story and it wasn't of much interest to me."
Q: "What wasn't of much interest to you, Cardinal?"
A: The suffering of course was real and I very much regret that, but I had no reason to turn my mind to the extent of the evils that Ridsdale had perpetrated."

Umm. What constitutes "naked prancing" and isn't this a rather subjective description? Is this evidence of any criminal intent or even  a tendency to paedophilia?  I think your view clearly goes to bias and prejudgement.  Personally i will wait to see what happens before making assumptions about who is telling the truth or what really happened

What constitutes it is nakedness in front of monor on multiple occasions and with multiple witnesses. 

Interesting.  You wouldn't believe me if i claimed i was abused by clergy or that  pell danced naked in front of me, but you do believe  people you have no knowledge of.

Multiple concurring witnesses make the huge difference between the allegations and your tall tales. 

Pell admitted:

"...Too many of them [complaints] certainly were dismissed and sometimes they were dismissed in absolutely scandalous circumstances."

"They were very, very, very plausible allegations made by responsible people that were not followed up sufficiently."

"At that stage, the instinct was more to protect the institution, the community of the church, from shame."

So we have motive, means, admission, witnesses and victims. And as a bonus here, the claim does not defy physics. 

This is an emotive and prejudiced assessment of what happened.

Child abuse is an emotive subject, that canot be avoided when discussing the abuser.  

From my reading  of the facts, pell, as a senior catholic cardinal, gained a posting in the Vatican of some responsibility and power  That is NOT something done for, or to, a person the Vatican suspects may be guilty of paedophilia, and who could bring more disgrace to the church.  

Did you read the fat that his first responsibility was to protect the Church? Apparently not. There is no good reason for him to avoid trials and hinde in the Vatican. The Church is simply protecting that which protected the Church. He just said he did not want to think about that which he knew, and we know that is because he was guilty of the same.

Father Peter Searson should just be thrown in a hole, and then forget where the hole is. 

Why do you suppose Pell refused free offers of transport back to Australia in First Class with his own personal Physician? SHould he not trust God to see him safely back home?

#bringpellback

1455154835440.jpg

• Like 1

psyche101
On 12/28/2016 at 4:46 PM, Mr Walker said:

Actually there are over 20 million direct followers. ( i found out when i did a quick google on the bloke, yesterday)  I don't know how many other humans have an indirect belief or connection, but millions is a correct number. 

That might be true or not, sources vary from 6 million to 100, however they are not involved with investigations of him. I was discussing the cases and allegation against that creep, and how many are involved, not how many people without hope that he has deluded. 

Hence PG's comment of "believe one hater over millions". That is not the case. Several investigations have concluded he is a fraud and charlatan, one Politician said he could not accept in his heart that the allegations are true. Hardly a case to support Baba there. PG seems to have his numbers backwards. 

• Like 1