Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Scudbuster

Farewell to Faith

1,161 posts in this topic

psyche101
On 12/28/2016 at 4:52 PM, Mr Walker said:

So what evidences do you have, (sources please) that MY friend is imaginary?

Observations form the largest communities on earth regarding space and space travel, the world of communications experts scanning the skies for such anomalies, and then of course physics. 

On 12/28/2016 at 4:52 PM, Mr Walker said:

In factual matters where things can be proven or a t least objectively measured and assessed i can always provide sources, but in opinions and personal knowledge and understandings i do not have to because it is always impossible to offer convincing transferable proofs to a person who wlll not accept their validity, or does not trust the provider. . That is how the world works. It is how YOU work. 

Validity is entirely out of my hands. I do not get a say in what is valid, things prove themselves and I observe validity. So, no, that makes no sense at all. If you could prove your imaginary alien god freind to be real, I would have to accept solid evidence regardless of my current understandings. What I know would have to be re-written, giving me a whole new aspect to investigate. As it stands, current understandings refute your extraordinary claims and as such, your claims are the ones in doubt here. If you had transferable proofs, we simply would not be having this discussion. You would be validated. But that is not the case there is it? 

• Like 1

psyche101
On 12/28/2016 at 4:31 PM, back to earth said:

Like I said before .... Sai baba's tricks  ( his followers 'miracles' and 'proof' ) are so obvious and bad , he wouldnt make it past first audition for Pen and Teller .

Saw that and had a chuckle, I quote like the series the put out, the 8 seasons of Penn and Teller were awesome, and I try not to miss "Fool Us" on the ABC. 

I see a few people have fooled them! Walker and Hab cannot pick up on that, when a theory is proven wrong, it is an exciting thing, science is not religion, there is not dogma to preserve, it is fluid and welcomes change in direction. 

On 12/28/2016 at 4:31 PM, back to earth said:

Watch the vids folks ... you are smart enough to be able to see it ... not like  his followers ... and someone else here, who isnt even a follower but has decied to throw in his support with Baba !  For 'some reason '   !      .......   W  T  F  ? !     :huh:

Now there we have a perfect example of "Blind Belief" What a shame the other religious people cannot see what is being illustrated here. We see Walker in here claiming he has an Alien God Friend, we see Hab Morse Coding with his dead mother, and we have a Sai Baba devotee who refuses to accept mountains of testimony and video evidence of fraud and lies. What all this does prove is it does take "all types" to make up such a mixed up messed up crazy world. 

Guessers, the lot of them :lol: 

• Like 1

psyche101
On 12/28/2016 at 4:56 PM, Mr Walker said:

Many other individuals with their own unique personal experiences of it,  quite a few of whom have written various accounts over the last hundred years or so. Lots of peer review and independent validation on this one,  buddy.

LOL, have you not picked up that the plural of "Anecdote" is NOT data? 

Nope, who has historically had backyard chats with an alien God? I see religious people in here indicating your story means you have a screw loose, that is not identifying with your claim whatsoever. In fact, I have little doubt that several would take offence at your words in their mouths. 

The  amusing, even ironical , thing is that,  I never even realised this was such a common human experience until my own experiences started me reading up on, and researching, the phenomena. 

Woo is not research just like Science Fiction is not Science.

Huge hurdle for you to overcome there it seems. 

However this was a specific reference to an interchange of posts where BTE accused me of saying something i did not actually say, (hopefully  because he read and interpreted my words in a way i never meant them, and not as a deliberate attempt to make me seem to be saying something i did not)  .  Hence, any reader can go back and see how that interchange went on, and who is telling the truth about it. 

Not sure what you are referring to exactly, you change aspects of your tall tales on the fly all the time, as such, my money is on BTE there. He has proven himself to be knowledgeable, well grounded, intelligent and has a great sense of humour. I have seen your claims fall victim to physics and I have seen you misinterpret studies to support your personal ideals. I do not find you to be a reliable source of information at all. Very much the opposite. 

• Like 1

psyche101
On 12/28/2016 at 5:26 PM, Mr Walker said:

But you see i don NOT lie or exaggerate This is my life as it actually is  

Can you state why anyone would, or should believe you?

The problem is that you have no similar point of reference which allows you to accept or even comprehend that humans exist in such diverse ways  In other words my accounts may SEEM unlikely or exaggerated to you But everyone is as real or as true as i can recount it to be.

The points of reference I do have, like studies, religious adherence, misconception of study titles and physics do all refute your claims. Not one of them, all of them. They might be true in your head, but that is the extent of it here. 

Don't worry most modern young people simply cant accept that  young peole in the fifties lived with the freedoms responsibilities and experiences we had . I was doing an adult job and getting an adult wage as well as going to school form the time i was 13 but as well  we had a fantastic freedom as kids As one simple example every year we had a massive guy fawkes night as part of which we bought or made all sorts of explosicve and pyrotechnic devices and had big gatherings of the neighbourhood with bonfires guys and shows run by adults while all us kids threw crackers at each other, shot sky rockets at each other and simply had fun.

They have new worries and problems to deal with, this is not the same world you and I grew up in. You are telling me in one breath life sucks for them and they suicide too often, and in the next you are saying they have it easy. 

Apathy toward new challenges helps nobody. 

Unlike today children were actively encouraged to risk take as part of developing skills independence discipline and learning what was safe and what was not  etc. Not only did i make my own explosive and pyrotechnic devices from the age of 13 to 18  but  we used them in large scale "gang " or team based  warfare (like modern laser skirmishing but with real weapons using tactics and strategies learned from history books. We would send  crackers capable of blowing your hand off, (and half house bricks also) by catapult into an enemy fort some 50 metres away we fought with bows and arrows, cross bows, slug guns, ninja stars  shanghais gunpowder based weapons  and even bicycle propelled jousts with lances and sheilds. 

We had tree forts in adjoining back yards connected by aerial walk ways and old land line telephones We wrote coded messages in invisible ink discussing battle plans.  we made and rode  and raced billy carts, Kalamazoos,  push/ pull cars and carts,  motorised go carts, motor bikes   made our own skate boards when theyy were not available in australia, and so on.  We fished, hunted, trapped, and dove for food from before we were high school age (about 10 or so) 

Safety standard have increased, that is what happens in a society. You need to stop living in the past and recognize the present. The "Good Old Days" are gone. Nothing you can do about it, new Good Days are here to deal with.

Try realising that not everyone lives the limited life of others. Some of us have been lucky enough to live in a time and place where we could live very differently. 

That does not in any way validate your tall tales the defy logic and common sense nor does it offer a reason as to why anyone should see such tall tales ars anything more than fantasy. Do not care about what you did in the past, your imaginary alien God friend is here and now, that is what we are discussing, and that which requires more than your say so to be considered as more than fantasy. 

• Like 1

Sherapy
On 12/20/2016 at 6:25 PM, Habitat said:

Yes, it is a mania they have, There doesn't seem to be a cure for their affliction ! :w00t:

;)

back to earth
3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

That might be true or not, sources vary from 6 million to 100, however they are not involved with investigations of him. I was discussing the cases and allegation against that creep, and how many are involved, not how many people without hope that he has deluded. 

Hence PG's comment of "believe one hater over millions". That is not the case. Several investigations have concluded he is a fraud and charlatan, one Politician said he could not accept in his heart that the allegations are true. Hardly a case to support Baba there. PG seems to have his numbers backwards. 

And ......       for some reason     .........       he  now appears to have legged it    :rolleyes:

Image result for kramer running away gif

• Like 1

back to earth
3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Saw that and had a chuckle, I quote like the series the put out, the 8 seasons of Penn and Teller were awesome, and I try not to miss "Fool Us" on the ABC. 

I see a few people have fooled them! Walker and Hab cannot pick up on that, when a theory is proven wrong, it is an exciting thing, science is not religion, there is not dogma to preserve, it is fluid and welcomes change in direction. 

Now there we have a perfect example of "Blind Belief" What a shame the other religious people cannot see what is being illustrated here. We see Walker in here claiming he has an Alien God Friend, we see Hab Morse Coding with his dead mother, and we have a Sai Baba devotee who refuses to accept mountains of testimony and video evidence of fraud and lies. What all this does prove is it does take "all types" to make up such a mixed up messed up crazy world. 

I was actually surprised how  Walker and Habitat rushed in to support him  !   Not even being devotees themselves. Not even examining such a sensitive issue first ...... I mean , its almost like they went blank , totally suspended judgment and   just rushed in to take a perceived 'side '  as some type of automatic reaction ?

But that cant be ......   thats what one of them said you were doing !      :rolleyes:

Image result for delightful meme

• Like 1

Habitat

I don't know much about Sai Baba, but if he hasn't been charged, I'm not prepared to convict him.

back to earth
13 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I don't know much about Sai Baba, but if he hasn't been charged, I'm not prepared to convict him.

It isnt abut you convicting him , its about you rushing in to support papageorge as some new found exponent of mystical truth and his view of Baba . 

As far as being charged goes , its a bit like Pell the Pellophile . 

That Sathya Sai Baba has never been brought to book and so far remains unconvicted for the crimes of which he has been accused is reportedly only due to the power he still exercises on and through politicians, backed by his considerable financial empire and very extensive cult in  India  . In this situation, which is very similar to that pertaining in the Roman Catholic world prior to the breakthrough for justice for some of the very many victims of sexual abuse and cover-up within it, one can but present the reports that have been made and the mass of circumstantial evidence and depositions by the many who claim to have been sexually molested by him. The process of publicising the need for legal accountability where the Prime Minister of India and a majority of politicians in power support cover-up and try to silence critics is long, but one where we may trust that the truth will eventually be investigated and the essential facts discovered.  "

The former Indian Prime Ministers Narasimha Rao and Atal Vihari Vajpayee among other Indian top politicians have denied in very public ways that Sai Baba is or ever could be guilty. This was backed up to the hilt with rabid accusations in the BBC documentary by another fanatical finger-pointing and hysterical Indian Minister, Murali Manohar Joshi. One may be pleased that he was firmly removed from his post as Minister of Human Resource Development by the India electorate. (Incidentally, his arrogance is ostensibly only matched by his ignorance of 'human resouces' which for him are based on Hindu astrology plus Sai Baba's penny proverbs). He is a fairly typical representative of those Indian public know-alls who loudly refute that Sai Baba could ever harm anyone. He admitted that there have been no investigations by the Indian Government of the allegations against Sai Baba, and claimed that such were entirely unnecessary.

Prominent "Sai Baba VIPs" Dr. Michael Goldstein, Datuk Jegathesan, Thorbjørn Meyer, Jørgen Trygved and Jack Hawley among numerous others have claimed to know that Sai Baba is innocent of the sexual charges, as do nearly all who are still followers. Yet they are at apparent odds with one another and there is much confusion in the camp about what his physical actions are, what he actually does and why. Meyer and Trygved admit sexual oiling of male genitals by Sathya Sai Baba but fondly think it is only an age old Indian ceremony of anointing. Meanwhile Hawley denies any wrongdoing by Sathya Sai Baba whatever and Goldstein (a doctor of medicine who considers himself a "consummate professional"!), insists vehemently and finger-pointingly that Sathya Sai Baba is not above the law and could never conceivably do such things and thaty he can see just by looking at them that no boy near Sathya Sai Baba has ever been abused like that. Goldstein 'knows in his heart' etc. that it is entirely inappropriate to investigate at all. Compared to them, Isaac Tigrett is straightforward, at least, for he believes the allegations are true enough, laughs loudly and somewhat manically over it (on TV), while holding it does not bother him in the least! Then there is the Awle camp which admits the likelihood of all kinds of what normal people call sexual perversions and justifies them with a cooked-up divine theology of divine retribution!

Numerous devotees have tried to rationalise the widely reported sexual abuses by Sathya Sai Baba by suggesting that the victims could themselves have been sexual abusers in a previous lifetime, and required this experience to put them on the straight and narrow  " 

http://www.saibaba-x.org.uk/6/saisex6.htm#prt5

Also  ......     Its going to be a little hard to charge a person who died in 2011.

• Like 2

Habitat

I'm not prepared to convict Pell without due process, either.

back to earth

Like I said, its not about you convicting anyone .... you 'conveniently ' missed that bit   :) 

• Like 1

back to earth
4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I would say ....... they are up the creek in a  riveted corrugated iron canoe   without a paddle ! 

:rofl:

Oh , excuse me ....    habitat apparently now requires I use correct English  ( like the plough / plow thing,  again :) )  ; 

My mirth is so excessive I do appear to be rotating from side to side, horizontally at floor level whilst cachinnating  so hard my posterior has been disengaged . 

• Like 1

Habitat
9 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Like I said, its not about you convicting anyone .... you 'conveniently ' missed that bit   :) 

I did not miss anything, Pell gets the presumption of innocence like everyone else, if you wanted to publicly accuse Pell of being a paedophile, you'd need to prove it in court to avoid a defamation suit decision against you.

Habitat
5 minutes ago, back to earth said:

My mirth is so excessive I do appear to be rotating from side to side, horizontally at floor level whilst cachinnating  so hard my posterior has been disengaged . 

Well, like I said the other day, I thought you might have been half-mad, but I'm no longer sure half covers it. But, carry on.

back to earth
9 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I did not miss anything, Pell gets the presumption of innocence like everyone else, if you wanted to publicly accuse Pell of being a paedophile, you'd need to prove it in court to avoid a defamation suit decision against you.

Pfffffft   ... who's gonna file it ?  You ?  

Also why dont you try reading properly , where did I ever call him that . I said he was a pelophile - a pesron who though may have not been convicted of pedophilia turned a blind eye while it happened 

And he said so himself during the royal commission . 

And you are using this to steer away from the issue I bought up .... nice tray but a little obvious .

its about you rushing in to support papageorge as some new found exponent of mystical truth and his view of Baba .

Your fawning support started when he mentioned 'spiritual science' and  vedanta and theosophy and you rushed in to post how at last some great person was here . 

One or two poignant questions about what he claimed - fail !   He was bluffing . he quickly segwayed to Sai Baba  as the source of this proved spiritual science  ... a bag stage magician ,  bad move !

I suppose you were not able to connect and follow the 'plot line' through all of this ?

Well, there it is !  

Okay, you may now load the red herring and cat call cannons  .  

Edited by back to earth

Golden Duck
On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 5:01 PM, The Butler said:

All this available from the Commission.  

There's no need to quote the press allow possible apprehension of bias.

• Like 1

Habitat
3 minutes ago, back to earth said:

I said he was a pelophile - a pesron who though may have not been convicted of pedophilia turned a blind eye while it happened 

ohhh......that's much different then, isn't it. Saying "Pellophile" doesn't infer Pell was a pedophile, does it, right, gotcha.

back to earth
10 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Well, like I said the other day, I thought you might have been half-mad, but I'm no longer sure half covers it. But, carry on.

Just like that !  I predicted it ., but I dodnt realise you wold be so quick !    

One panders to your silly request .... and so ,  one is obviously mad !     :) 

• Like 1

back to earth
6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

ohhh......that's much different then, isn't it. Saying "Pellophile" doesn't infer Pell was a pedophile, does it, right, gotcha.

read what I clearly wrote ....  and clearly defined . Something wrong with you today ? 

• Like 1

Habitat
9 minutes ago, back to earth said:

And you are using this to steer away from the issue I bought up .... nice tray but a little obvious .

its about you rushing in to support papageorge as some new found exponent of mystical truth and his view of Baba .

Your fawning support started when he mentioned 'spiritual science' and  vedanta and theosophy and you rushed in to post how at last some great person was here . 

One or two poignant questions about what he claimed - fail !   He was bluffing . he quickly segwayed to Sai Baba  as the source of this proved spiritual science  ... a bag stage magician ,  bad move !

I suppose you were not able to connect and follow the 'plot line' through all of this ?

Well, there it is !  

Okay, you may now load the red herring and cat call cannons  .  

Papageorge seems a good contributor to me. 

Habitat

BTE's words........."Cardinal George Pell - the Aussie one that just escaped and is hiding in the Vatican  ( the one that the term 'Pellophile' * came from ) may well have gone from Pellophile to pedophile "

:unsure:

papageorge1
5 hours ago, psyche101 said:

It is not "some guy said" There are not only many allegations, but you do not have the gumption to address the videos posted where his magic tricks are exposed. If he really can produce objects out of thin air, why does he cheat some of the time, and then lie about cheating? We have direct evidence of such being filmed, that is not in doubt. There are many investigators and witnesses against him, not "one guy", in addition to Basava Premanand we have P.C. Sorcar Jr., Tal Brooke and Tanya Datta with several documentaries repeating Baba's tricks on demand as illustrated in the films where he has been caught out. He predicted he would die in 2019, and got that wrong too. Many have come out labelling him as a sexual predator too, not just "one guy". It seems to me it is far more likely that your fantasy here has been shattered, The devious man you put faith in as a God was just a fraud, liar, killer and sexual predator, if he is a God, then I want no part of God. 

And how do your politicians refute that? By saying:

"My heart and my conscience tell me that it is not possible."

Regarding that, all I can say is "surely you jest".

So you are claiming he is a liar, faker. cheat, pedophile, rapist and murderer all in one paragraph.

For those concerned with the truth this is what happens when you only cruise the scandal internet sites for what you want to hear. Using the internet I can come up with  list of allegations on any famous person. So what? To know the truth you must investigate the full story hearing all sides, would you not agree?

As for the  videos, there has never been a video showing any fraud. Of all the photos and miles of video, the best the critics can do is show the same few videos that only show the possibility of a fraud. It's all contrived to one that really cares to investigate. The only western scientist to do a thorough investigation has ruled out the possibility of explaining away the thousands of materializations is Erlender Haraldsson. Things like producing fruit out of season, producing things on demand, causing materializations at a distance can not be just explained away as sleight of hand.

Edited by papageorge1

jmccr8

Sleep with dogs and you get fleas

• Like 1

psyche101
1 hour ago, back to earth said:

I was actually surprised how  Walker and Habitat rushed in to support him  !   Not even being devotees themselves. Not even examining such a sensitive issue first ...... I mean , its almost like they went blank , totally suspended judgment and   just rushed in to take a perceived 'side '  as some type of automatic reaction ?

:D

Sorta like how Muslims and Christians pray together, and then walk away from each other muttering how each party will burn in hell 

Yes, we respect your faith Infidel!! Barbarian!!! LOL.

1 hour ago, back to earth said:

But that cant be ......   thats what one of them said you were doing !      :rolleyes:

Image result for delightful meme

Yeah, but I think they got that info from Walker's Alien God, and Hab's Morse Code from his dead Mum. I am ready to apologise to the both of them as soon as Walkers Alien God shows up for a chat in my backyard and Hab's Mum offers me some flowers with a bit of morse code.

Any day now I suspect ........... :unsure2: 

Golden Duck
On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 5:59 PM, back to earth said:

yes but according to Walker there was never any OTHER indications that gave him reason to think   Pell  was  .......

Oh !  But there are these as well .........

'Yes, but aside from those three collections ... there  are not any OTHER .....

Image result for what have the romans ever done for us quote

The transcript of Ridsdale's testimony available.  IIRC, the Commission interviewed him from prison. 

He was asked about sharing a house with Pell. He never mentioned he discussed his course-of-conduct we with Pell.  Admittedly, I dont recall the direct question being asked. Ridsdale is still alive however. He is someone who could illuminate the subject.

Rozenes J, in sentencing, made it clear the level of depravity was as high as level of trust he held.

Ridsdale course-of-conduct included actions to maintain secrecy. I'm not convinced he would necessarily discuss his depravity with a housemate.

It is clear Mulkearns knew. But, he can't be questioned. 

The testimony doesn't really support the same conclusion for Pell, IMO.

If he did know, it would be evident in the Commission!s reports; and the whole Pell Grounded argument would be moot.

Edited by Golden Duck